March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Butler doesnt sleep,eat or use the bathroom

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,216 Member
    Mine tends to be up buttling all of the time. Although sometimes he retires in the middle of the day.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'd like the ability to drag the food the butler makes to the fridge instead of a sim having to put it away. Especially when they are sleeping and the food just sits there going bad.

Or why doesn't the butler clean it up and put it away in the fridge??
  • gmartindale98gmartindale98 Posts: 52 Member
    Mine barely acts like a sim. I never see him sleep or eat. I hope he is okay lol.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2017
    Maybe butlers are really aliens in another disguised form, from a different world than Sixam or they are some deranged other form of supernatural. Just don't think of them as Sims but something else - like I have to think of Sims object babies as just child sim delivery units or a new form of human egg and not a baby at all - well you can make up something to represent a strange acting Sims like alien butler. This game is supposedly all about You ruling - well Rule. Decide for yourself it's not actually a Sim if the infant is not actually a Sim baby seeing it does not fit the rules of babyhood to toddler to child - it can't be a real baby - right? Just give the butler another persona - then it's weirdness can make more sense to logical order of things mindsets.

Unless of course you are more like me and can't quite come to terms with all the weirdness in Sims 4 - then do as I do and just act like they don't exist at all and you just got the pack for the other stuff in it that did make sense. I cannot make sense of that child delivery unit so I don't play with any more sims kids. Suggestion don't play with "the not of Simearth butler", Just hire a maid, a gardener, a repairman, and a nanny instead. At least they are sims or more simlike.

I am not a good judge of the nanny though as I said I don't even try to have Sims child delivery units in my game so therefore have never tried the nanny and therefore cannot guarantee it acts like a normal sim. Forgive me if I am wrong as I really do not know how the nanny is compared to former nannies. Nothing is a guarantee in Sims 4 compared to the last 11 years of Sims 2 and 3.

Hmmmm - in real life I just had a brand new stove delivered to replace the stove I had for the last 12 years - wonder if it works just like my old one? Hope so - and hopefully I am safe - it's not made by Maxis or EA.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Well this is a new one....
    I opened up cheats and went off and changed my Butlers appearance (changed her to a him and renamed) in CAS and his skills and what not, got him the way i wanted him to look closed it all up and was working grat until a few sim days later when my Sim went out for dinner, came home and my butler had changed back to what he was when i first hired him...errr her...
    Very frustrating
    Is it just me or are butlers bugged from here to the yingyang?!?
    I love butlers but they are hard work!!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    MS4 wrote: »
    It would be cool if you could select the traits from the butler before hiring it.
    I mean, like when you adopt a pet :P
    I wish I could pick between different sims too. Just like hiring in running a business, adopting, or getting pets. Sometimes, I may want a man and other times a woman; I wish they would add this on. I hate waiting while the clock goes slow motion. Since they are awake, my clock won't go very fast during sleep/work times.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I'm bumping this thread because I'd really love it if the butler actually used the room made for him! He does get tired because I saw him walking slowly, slumped. Plus he took a nap on the couch and attempted to nap in the hot tub.

Other than that, he's a great butler.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 291 Member
    edited July 2017
    Have to be honest i have not noticed, i stopped using butler because i felt his autonomous behavior were not really that great. I mean it didn't add any advantage for me by time i can order him to make food etc.. till he gets it done i could already made a family meal myself.(Kinda wish you could planned schedules for meals in menu choose which meals he should make during a day, like for instance make breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. So he would automatically start preparing them during that specific time a day then call to meal). Same with cleaning if you have cleaning trait it goes fast, or you can hire a maid with think free service or just if there not much to clean it's completely free.

Think Butler really needed to have a lot better behavior autonomously to really add a boon for his service fee, at least in my book less you just want a butler for the status and extra game play value in the interactions with one barking out orders.

But i am really disappointed with the butler usually his supposed to make life easier for you, managing maids, nanny's for kids if your filthy rich so you can enjoy and relax more when you're home at least that's my impression from movies and RL(never had luxury of having one RL so).
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@DKguruArtist I can not see the point of either the butler or the nanny! They require as much tending as toddlers, seem to do very little, want to socialize instead of work.... My nanny would have NOTHING to do with the toddlers until a request to fire him, then he agreed to change one diaper. They were hired because the Mrs. was getting really worn out but the hired help brought zero relief. I can not figure out how to make the useful. (Caterer was not much better!) Services seem to just be added complications!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@HowGreatThouArt How do you get the butler to perform without constant attention. Both my butler and my nanny would prefer to watch TV than work. I've been confused about the point of hiring them!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    @HowGreatThouArt How do you get the butler to perform without constant attention. Both my butler and my nanny would prefer to watch TV than work. I've been confused about the point of hiring them!

Select the butler, go to the the "Butler..." option on the pie menu, and make sure his responsibilities are turned on ---->"tending to minors", "gardening", "repairing", etc. There may just not be anything for him to do at the moment. I actually had to stop my butler from caring for minors because he just wouldn't leave them alone! :D With the nannies I'm not sure because I've never used them.

If all of his responsibilies are turned on and there are still things such as dirty dishes, a garden in need of tending, or broken objects, and he's still sitting around, then you must have some sort of bug. :(
    aSE16f8.gif
  • nakibotnakibot Posts: 176 Member
    Can't they make these service Sims bug-less? My maid doesn't appear. If he does, he hardly cleans.
  • LGBTincLGBTinc Posts: 41 Member
    My Butler sincerely thinks our house has no toilet when it has multiple, she went into the bathroom and basically said there is no toilet, later on she 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in her pants -_-
    sims-baby.jpg
  • LGBTincLGBTinc Posts: 41 Member
    "Urination" is not a foul word -_-
    sims-baby.jpg
  • BlackSimmer101BlackSimmer101 Posts: 1 New Member
    My butler only takes bubble baths and drinks my alcohol
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    My butler only takes bubble baths and drinks my alcohol

Hello @BlackSimmer101
    It may be best to fire your butler and hire a new one. The new butler may do his work better.
  • SmilinSimsSmilinSims Posts: 560 Member
    I'm convinced they're walking zombies.
    Do you want to WIN the new Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack??? To WIN you MUST be subscribed to my YOUTUBE channel Watch contest video for rules!

acrehk.jpg

• ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    I never give them a bedroom anymore for this reason.
  • _Nibbles__Nibbles_ Posts: 1 New Member
    my butler had its wing but it wouldnt sleep so I put her bed outside in a little shack and she used it perfectly fine. So maybe butlers arent allowed sleep in the houses?
  • gingerale0811gingerale0811 Posts: 35 Member
    My butler did the same exact thing until she died from hunger. I cancelled all of her tasks and she still worked herself to death. Poor girl :(
  • LesleyAcfordLesleyAcford Posts: 3 New Member
    can't seem to keep a butler around for long either lol. My first one died of old age (I'm assuming) but she was an elder when she arrived.
    However, My current butler is really weird. I think she might be a vampire (NO I didn't turn her she was already like this) I think this because she is always doing that hissing animation that the vampires do and she never eats!!!

She was doing the laundry one day and did the animation for starving to death then dropped dead on the floor, luckily one of my sims was able to stop the reaper from taking her. I then tried firing her since I couldn't find anything on online to explain this or help me stop my butler dying but when i called for a new one they sent the exact same woman !!! :sweat_smile:
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Same issue. I hired a butler for the goths and he just stands idle in the kitchen until I have my sim ask him to do something. Never eats and never sleeps. Seems like this has been an issue for a while now.. is this a bug?
    edited October 2018
    hmae123 - Are you up to date on patches as that was fixed in a patch fairly recently for people who had that issue. That is one of the issues that did not happen to everyone - so those type are harder to find solutions to - but that was definitely fixed very recently - I am talking about the butler issue that is - nothing else. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

can't seem to keep a butler around for long either lol. My first one died of old age (I'm assuming) but she was an elder when she arrived.
    However, My current butler is really weird. I think she might be a vampire (NO I didn't turn her she was already like this) I think this because she is always doing that hissing animation that the vampires do and she never eats!!!

She was doing the laundry one day and did the animation for starving to death then dropped dead on the floor, luckily one of my sims was able to stop the reaper from taking her. I then tried firing her since I couldn't find anything on online to explain this or help me stop my butler dying but when i called for a new one they sent the exact same woman !!! :sweat_smile:

In order to get a different butler - you have to fire the present one - dismissing them does not get them replaced. You probably dismissed them which just sends them home and they come back the next day. Firing gets a new one.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    hmae123 - Are you up to date on patches as that was fixed in a patch fairly recently for people who had that issue. That is one of the issues that did not happen to everyone - so those type are harder to find solutions to - but that was definitely fixed very recently - I am talking about the butler issue that is - nothing else. LOL.

I am up to date on everything. I moved my family and the Butler now drinks coffee and eats but doesn’t really do anything else unless told to do so, including sleep. My game itself has been kind of choppy lately (sims not acting right away when prompted, game freezing and things like that) so I might need to try a repair game but it’s probably my computer. I think seasons was too much for it so I worry about the next EP.