Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only ONE MORE YEAR for Seasons o boy aren't we all having fun?!!?

DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
4KYZVe.gif

As time goes on, this wait becomes more and more ridiculous and I find myself playing the game less and less. Would not be surprised if they begin to see sales drop off simply because others are sick of waiting too. I can only speculate, but I get the vibe the lack of EPs is really starting to hurt.

And yes, I cannot confirm Seasons is in a year, only speculate. That's not good lol. If anything that just makes the situation worse.

At this point I just wanna know who's responsible for the decision to cut EP production in half. I cannot fathom any response for this decision being viable beyond "we make more money." (or a "we had to" from a team manager forced to manage a lackluster budget from another guy who chose to cut production costs down)
"Who are you, that do not know your history?"

Comments

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Might as well kill me now
    21mbz47.jpg
  • PintSizedPiratePintSizedPirate Posts: 105 Member
    It really sucks to wait, but remember, this is around how long we waited for Seasons with TS3, am I right? Around 3-4 years? It's been about 3 years now, so maybe we'll hear something soon. I hope.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Its ok because only 2 more years until TS5, and that's pretty much confirmed to include seasons in the base game, right? Right?? Surely they've learned their lesson 20 years on from the first generation.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited July 2017
    I feel this. Every platform from twitter, to Facebook, to these very forums is filled with more and more discontent.

I think Sims 4 will last til 2020 which will be the 20th anniversary of the Sims series and I believe the perfect time to release a potential new Sims game. But even so, that's only 2-3 more EPs total. That is absolutely dismal.

We have basically known about Pets for so long now that it feels even more eternal having to wait for the next expansion after that.

Although I think the Game Packs have been extremely well done and I do enjoy them, I'm really feeling the lack of full Expansion Packs. There will be NO new ideas in EPs if they can only make 2-3 more after Pets. So we get Seasons and University for example, there's no room to have anything innovative. GPs might introduce some different concepts, but they will ultimately be more limited due to the smaller GP budget.

It's frustrating. The only thing I've done in this game recently is build houses. I still find that enjoyable. But I do not have any desire to actually touch the rest of the game. 2 minutes in live mode and I am thinking of other things I want to do. So sad.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    One expansion a year is not cutting it sure we are getting game packs but they pretty much are putting in features we use to get in expansions and overall giving us empty expansions that we have to wait a year for. At this rate its going to be another 8 years before they could put out all the expansions we want to see and there's no way they are going to continue on that long.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    I'm so bored with the game right now, the last time I've played and was entertained was when I got the vampires GP, played for a while cause there was so much in that pack. I just feel that for me personally the only way I could have fun again is if they add more supernaturals cause if they do it the same way (or similar) they did vampires then it's the only packs with real gameplay. SP add almost no gameplay, it's pretty much just clothing, furniture and 1-2 objects that get old after one day, the GP are the best packs, but even then they are not all interesting. For the EP it's gonna be three years we have the game, and we got 3 EP, but then CL is pretty much just a new world with recycled activities that you can already do without the pack, it's supposed to be a city, but you cannot explore it, pretty sure there's more to explore in the other worlds, there was more to do in some GP than some EP.

But anyway, The Sims 4 lost my interest, 1 EP a year isn't enough to keep me entertain or interested, the SP doesn't interest me, I'm no someone playing for the clothing or furniture, so that leave the GP, but then it's not always things I personally enjoy, I'm not a family player so to me Parenthood was boring (not saying it is, and I'm happy they gave the family players something, but not my cup of tea), but for a player like me the last interesting pack was Vampires in January, in the next months it will be only a toddler SP, and then in November or so maybe pets, which again isn't something that interesting for me, unless they made it interesting, but we'll see.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It could be argued that OR is a "diet" version of WA, so, according to your own list, everything is moving along in order. So, if seasons is released next (Pets being in the works), then you should be content with the content of the upcoming packs.
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    EPs are coming once a year now because there is only 1 EP time. I'm pretty sure in previous games, each EP took the team 1 year to make, but there were 2 EP teams, so EPs came faster. The only thing that has changed is -1 EP Team, +1 GP Team
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    University is next year.
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    edited July 2017
    Sims 3 itself didn't sell 10 million copies if I am correct; Sims 3 + console versions did.

I guess they reduced the EP team to make more money. Smaller, cheaper packs are probably more profitable for them, and Game Packs are small and cheap. But I don't know the exact reason why they did. I, though, personally, am glad that they did do this. While I want more EPs, GPs can fit many other themes that EPs couldn't (1 supernatural/gamepack, fame, single vacation destination, etc.). Plus, GPs are cheaper, and come out more often, which means less dry quarters with just stuff packs :)
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    If the pace of ep releases keep up, and TS4 doesn't last forever like some producers hint at, we might not even have seasons or university. I'd love to know the future, If we end up not getting seasons I'd be so mad, I'd rather not spend any more on this game as I'm betting on seasons to make it great.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I'm having fun because I don't play The Sims 4.

Sorry, that sounds rude. I don't mean it that way. My point is actually that I got so sick of EA's practices with delaying such a natural feature as seasons for years. The games are not very playable for me personally without Seasons. When The Sims 4 was released with very little new and exciting, it was my ticket to not care about the game at all and just stick with the games that have and will always seasons.

I'm sorry that you have to wait. EA is ridiculous.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I am going to be honest here, (caution: it's a personal opinion) I couldn't care less about seasons. Why does everyone wish for it? For me, it's such an unneccessary thing like laundry. But like laundry, you're going to get it anyway, it's such a standard thing that it should have been in the base game in the first place. I personally would rather like an expansion with a theme that was never there before (don't ask what exactly, you need to brainstorm for this), than this boring stuff that should 1. have been in the base game already and 2. is the same in every ideration anyway.

Sorry if I sounded a bit rude, I am just really tired of this constant asking for seasons, because I just don't get what's so special about it. It was one of my least favorite eps for TS3, ya know :D

To add, I personally enjoy the game much more without weather, but IF a seasons ep or gp comes out and we're NOT able to toggle specific weather effects off in certain worlds, and I would be forced to play in a snowy Oasis Springs, I would even skip seasons completely than this.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I agree. I remember, before toddlers, people were angry, they were mad but at least they were here and they were making noise. They cared and I think there was some underlying hope somewhere too that the game would get better. Now...you can see it in the forums even: this place has been quiet lately. People are just bored and probably losing interest in the game fast. Many just don't care anymore and have given up on waiting for this game to be something it will probably never be.

As for me, I ve bought all EPs, GPS and even SPS so far; but I just don't think I'll be getting the toddler Sp. Why? Simple. Because I'm not investing more money and effort in this game until I am 100% positive it will deliver everything I expect from a sims game. Next EP is pets, which I don't really care about. So this means I'll probably have to wait at least a full year to get any meaningful game changing content like seasons or university. Seems like too long a wait and for all we know Ts5 might be announced in the interim and production for TS4 be discontinued...
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Ok so for me. The content is just not working. I get bored so quickly! It's ridiculous. GPs have been the best addition and SPs had a good moment but I think the last SPs have gone back to be pretty forgettable and unnecessary, like fitness. We are really lacking EPs no matter how good GPs are. I mean vacations? We only got granite falls. No seasons, no pets, no university. Urg. Just annoying
    21mbz47.jpg
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited July 2017
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I am going to be honest here, (caution: it's a personal opinion) I couldn't care less about seasons. Why does everyone wish for it? For me, it's such an unneccessary thing like laundry. But like laundry, you're going to get it anyway, it's such a standard thing that it should have been in the base game in the first place. I personally would rather like an expansion with a theme that was never there before (don't ask what exactly, you need to brainstorm for this), than this boring stuff that should 1. have been in the base game already and 2. is the same in every ideration anyway.

Yes, it should have been in the base game. But it wasn't, and that's why people are so angry and so tired of waiting for it.

And LOL at you saying that they should focus on new features instead and then not only not offering any suggestions but turning around and telling the people who want Seasons that they are the ones who should do the work for you in figuring out new features. And I thought my post was rude.

EA should not be focused on "new features". They should be focused on returning base-game level features like this that they have kept from fans for way too long already. Don't blame the fans for wanting these features back. Point the finger at EA where it belongs. If you want a The Sims game with "new ideas" for Expansion Packs, increase the demand for EA to add features like weather and seasons to the base-game.

Seasons has not been the same in every iteration, actually. TS3 expanded upon the idea by adding holidays, which is something that a lot of people who weren't even interested in Seasons by itself were excited for.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Where did you pull that time frame from? Last time I checked, they said The Sims 4 would last longer than the previous installments.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Where did you pull that time frame from? Last time I checked, they said The Sims 4 would last longer than the previous installments.

They haven't said this actually.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

Yes, it should have been in the base game. But it wasn't, and that's why people are so angry and so tired of waiting for it.

And LOL at you saying that they should focus on new features instead and then not only not offering any suggestions but turning around and telling the people who want Seasons that they are the ones who should do the work for you in figuring out new features. And I thought my post was rude.

EA should not be focused on "new features". They should be focused on returning base-game level features like this that they have kept from fans for way too long already. Don't blame the fans for wanting these features back. Point the finger at EA where it belongs. If you want a The Sims game with "new ideas" for Expansion Packs, increase the demand for EA to add features like weather and seasons to the base-game.

Seasons has not been the same in every iteration, actually. TS3 expanded upon the idea by adding holidays, which is something that a lot of people who weren't even interested in Seasons by itself were excited for.

I think I expressed myself badly with this, with "you" I didn't actually mean the others that want seasons, but just in general that I couldn't bring any suggestions at this moment and that "one" need to brainstorm for this. I am not a native speaker, so this was just a missunderstanding of what I actually meant.

I actually think, when it's time for TS5, that they should just include Pets and Seasons in the base game, seasons with toggle so that everyone can be happy. My point is that they are wasting development time on things that are so basic that they shouldn't be just in an expansion pack years later. It's boring and dull for the people who want something new and exciting. Sure, TS3 expanded on old features, but the holidays in seasons weren't that big of an improvement. With "expanding" I mean eps like World Adventures, which expanded on the vacation theme, the same with Island Paradise, or Supernatural, which added new life states that weren't in TS2. Holidays as an improvement of seasons is nothing against that and almost unnoticable.

Oh, and I didn't blame anyone in my post for wanting seasons, I just pointed out my opinion, which is that I could live without seasons, even when it's incredibly hard for you to understand :).
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,594 Member
    Maybe they would sike us with The Sims 5 with seasons added by default... :open_mouth:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I am having fun. As I have said with every version of the series since The Sims 2 codified what the Sims experience was about, I require three things -- weather, pets and vampires. With a pet pack a near certainty in Q4, I will have received two of those three requirements in 2017, with the final one a strong possibility for the next year. It has been quite a wait, but the end is in sight.

After The Sims 2 I found the wait for those elements in The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 to be somewhat frustrating. And so I have decided that should there be The Sims 5, and should I be so interested in it, I will wait several years before purchasing it. No more of this treading water while I wait for the content that interests me to trickle out.