Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JessaBeans' Sims 3

Comments

• JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited August 2017
    I've decided to share some of the lots I had been building for my world. It's based on Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard and the Elizabeth Islands and to a lesser extent the Hamptons and Montauk.

I have one from each expansion (sans world specific lot types from University, World Adventures and Into the Future) planned so I'll index them in the next few comments so it will be easier to find them by category, it's going to get picture heavy so it'll be from this page forward.

I will be making individual posts as I get new ones uploaded, but I will only select a picture or two for each lot on this page.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
    edited August 2017
    Base Game Lot Types:

tumblr_otazszuDjq1t81gyjo1_1280.jpg

Art Gallery: (30x30): thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9114454
    An art gallery with restrooms, a classroom area for skill practice and an outdoor coffee stand. This lot employees 1 Sim. (Barista) I think I included one of each possible painting from the base game on the lot.
    tumblr_inline_otazro3eOL1suehnd_500.jpg
    More pictures here.
    Gym:
    Fishing Spot:
    Small Park: (See Showtime Lots)
    Big Park: (See showtime lots)
    Library:
    Pool(s):
    (For suba center see Island Paradise lots)
    Graveyard:
    Beach(es):
    Visitors Allowed:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9113241 20x30 Church Wedding Venue
    No Visitors Allowed:
    tumblr_ou2da6JW7B1wwkgzco1_r1_540.jpg
    Aquinnah Lighthouse (10x10) http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9121850

edited July 2017
    World Adventures community lots

Nectary:
    tumblr_otkbdjpMFy1t81gyjo1_1280.jpg

30x30 Emma's Tearoom
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9116769

tumblr_inline_otkb7hDYOT1suehnd_500.jpg
    tumblr_inline_otkb8vM1Ke1suehnd_500.jpg
    There is jam and honey for sale on the baking racks.

The kitchen is set up for baking, jam making and the bistro oven (it's playable without any of those, just add the food register from WA) This lot uses the greenhouse venue items, has a greenhouse (with bees) and an walled in herb garden.
    It is set up with a tearoom,
    tumblr_otkbdjpMFy1t81gyjo3_1280.jpg
    formal dining,
    tumblr_otkbdjpMFy1t81gyjo5_1280.jpg

casual outdoor dining (which is magical with the sound of those windchimes and the ocean)
    tumblr_otkbdjpMFy1t81gyjo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_inline_otkb7cI2tb1suehnd_500.jpg

I went a little picture heavy because this lot is my favorite, I spent most of Sunday making Jam. It's peaceful. It's based on The Chanticleer in Siasconset, Mass if you enjoy the style of buildings that restaurant is a glorious example of it.
    the-chanticleer.jpg

Vineyard Lot:

Chinese Garden:
    edited July 2017
    Ambitions Community Lots

Consignment Store:

Laundromats:
    Come Clean 20x30 (Looks like a clothing store from the street.) Laundromat, with restrooms, vending and children’s play area.
    tumblr_otbmcetouC1t81gyjo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_otbmcetouC1t81gyjo3_1280.jpg
    More pictures here.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9114548

15x20 (Nantucket Wharf Shed size)

Salon: 30x30 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9119794
    tumblr_otvlf9SGNK1t81gyjo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_otvlf9SGNK1t81gyjo4_1280.jpg

Fire Station:
    tumblr_ot28uygHSI1t81gyjo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ot28uygHSI1t81gyjo3_1280.jpg
    Lighthouse Themed Fire station, Sleeps 4, with waiting room, kitchen, gym and skill items around. Contains pizza oven from Monte Vista so the kitchen is usable.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9114130

Junkyard with no Visitors:

Hangout(s):
    edited July 2017
    Late Night Community Lots (all bars will have a band performance area and a dance floor)

Sportsbar:

Local Watering Hole:
    tumblr_ot96vt4NOA1t81gyjo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ot96vt4NOA1t81gyjo1_1280.jpg
    Hurley's Tavern http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9114075
    I don't like the front facade of this one, so I'll be uploading a version with a different roof in the front to replace it soon.

Dive Bar(s):
    tumblr_otie71Dq5x1t81gyjo1_1280.jpg
    (These are the same lot, one is a kitchy style dive bar, the other a family dining restaurant)
    20x30
    The Boathouse http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9116172
    tumblr_inline_otidr7fKk51suehnd_500.jpg
    tumblr_inline_otidwyV6CC1suehnd_500.jpg
    tumblr_inline_otidr0Qnmu1suehnd_500.jpg

Blue Parrot Bar & Grill 20x30 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9116180
    tumblr_inline_otiei6cNZN1suehnd_500.jpg
    tumblr_inline_otief3IQFH1suehnd_500.jpg
    tumblr_inline_otiefmnacj1suehnd_500.jpg

Fusion Lounge:

Vampire Lounge:

Exclusive Lounge:

Dance Club:

Poolside Club:

Disco Club:

Food Truck Lot:
    edited July 2017
    Pets community lots

Horse Ranch:

Pasture:

Equestrian Center:

Eventing Course:

Dog Park:

Cat Jungle:

Pet Store:
    tumblr_otf0h3pOQc1t81gyjo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_otf0h3pOQc1t81gyjo2_1280.jpg

Unleashed 15x20 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9115361

edited August 2017
    Showtime Community Lots:

Big show venue

Coffeehouse

Live show venue - Black Dog Tavern 30x20 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9122004
    tumblr_ou35wyTd2R1t81gyjo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ou35wyTd2R1t81gyjo3_1280.jpg
    30x20 Live show venue with late night bar, restaurant, games and small dance floor. Uses items from Barnacle Bay. Employs 3 sims (Chef, Mixologist and Proprietor)
    More pictures here http://jessabeans.tumblr.com/post/163736384105/blackdogtavern

Private venue: The Center for Performing Arts 20x30 Theater with showtime performance area upstairs is a ballet/dance studio with locker rooms.
    Employs 1 Sim (Proprietor)
    tumblr_ouf8dwiPgZ1t81gyjo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_inline_ouf862Vx5W1suehnd_540.jpg

Supernatural Community Lots:

tumblr_ot7ma3zB2U1t81gyjo4_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ot7ma3zB2U1t81gyjo3_1280.jpg

Elixir consignment store: Bell, Book and Candle Apothecary 20x30 Elixir Consignment shop, gift shop and botanicals on lower floor, tearoom with fortune telling area on the second floor. Attic has a reading room with hidden magic area (I have included all the store magic items too, but it's completely playable without them.) Note: uses items from Deliciously Indulgent Bakery.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9113760

Supernatural hangout
    Seasons:
    Festival ground(s):

Store Lots with a festive feel:
    Island Paradise Community Lots:

Diving Lots:

Ports:

Resorts:
    University Life Community Lots:

Arcade:
    Java hut:
    Nerd shop:
    Rebel hangout:
    University hangout:
    edited July 2017
    Rabbit Holes and Misc Lots:

tumblr_ot5izaXG7o1t81gyjo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ot5izaXG7o1t81gyjo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ot5izaXG7o1t81gyjo4_1280.jpg

20x30 visitors allowed Church Wedding: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9113241
    Downstairs is set up for a church wedding, upstairs has restrooms and reception area with dance floor.

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Your bullds for your world that you have posted so far are so very nice! :) It will be such a very special world! It was very nice reading the introductory post about the world and the lots. Happy simming and building for your world! :)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Wow you've put a lot of planning into this world. I love the idea of access to downtown via the water and also the horse paths. The builds you've created so far look great - well laid out and detailed. Looking forward to seeing more pics as you progress. Bookmarking and sending encouragement your way for this large project :smiley:
    edited July 2017
    Thank you very much Rose and SoocoolSim for the encouragement, I really appreciate it. I've been working on it for a really long time with many setbacks but now I have a new computer so no CAW crashes thus far (which has made a world of difference.) I now have more time to devote to it at once. I feel like it's finally within reach so I'm newly excited about it. Hello to any lurkers, thanks for stopping by. I still get nervous sharing my builds (and even moreso about leaving comments) but I really appreciate the interest.
  • CorininiCorinini Posts: 134 Member

Hi Jessa, these are amazing! I've been working on a Martha's Vineyard world for a long time now, but I lost everything when my hard-drive died and had to start over (here's my old thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/740617/new-wip-marthas-vineyard#latest).

I was wondering what kind of world you are making for your lots, and if you would be okay with me using some of them in my build as well?

This is where I'm at with my current build (not very far):

IwSKY17.jpg

If you're interested, I'd be happy to share my height maps or collaborate as well. I love that part of the world.
    edited July 2017
    Hello @Corinini, Aww I know the feeling of losing everything. I first started my world when Island Paradise was released but I have lost, restarted over (several times) and put it on hold many times since. I restarted it again a few months ago once my daughter was old enough to sleep through the night and I could spare the time to play games again. I hope to finish it in the next few months. It's Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket and the Elizabeth islands. (In spirit, I started with the heightmap from the map shape but it's morphed into a slightly different shape to get it playable.) I have nearly all the sculpting done and looking at your map really makes me see how far away I have gone.

I really like how you were able to keep the shape of Martha's Vineyard in yours. Feel free to use any of my lots for your world, you may need to adjust or make them over. Also there are many other lot builders that have theirs available for world builders (forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/698767/the-lot-sim-swap-shoppe-lots-and-sims-to-use-in-your-world-donations-requested-updated-7-6-14/p1 Let me know when you get a new page up I'd love to follow it. I love how realistic you've made it look, it's just lovely so far. If there is some way I can help you with your project let me know.

I am using the areas as inspiration, but I've made many adjustments for goals for the world's playiblity and my own style preferences. If you have some time, I have a few questions about translating the area into game you may be able to answer for me. I'm Jessabeans on the Sims 3 site/My EA name is Cersela to be added on this one.

I hope to get some up to date pictures of the world for this thread soon, I've been working on it most of the week so I haven't been uploading lots. I'm not ready for the CAW thread for it just yet, but I want to share what I've been working on.
    edited July 2017
    Tease a 30 x 30 Salon with makeover stations, massage chairs, restrooms, employees one sim (tattoo artist).

tumblr_otvlf9SGNK1t81gyjo1_1280.jpg

(This building is one of the downtown anchors opposite the art galley, and across from the gym.)

tumblr_otvlf9SGNK1t81gyjo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_otvlf9SGNK1t81gyjo3_1280.jpg

I put the makeover stations partially behind a wall, (it still functions okay.) so the upstairs looks like a clothing store with restrooms.

tumblr_inline_otvl4kqlCp1suehnd_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_otvnwetioy1suehnd_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_otvl6gVsXG1suehnd_500.jpg
    There's a children's clothing section, with toys and napping swings.

Out back is a fountain with tasteable nectar racks.
    tumblr_inline_otvkyuQgyk1suehnd_500.jpg

Fountain Detail
    tumblr_inline_otvl34Y22Q1suehnd_500.jpg

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Tease looks great and what a neat idea to add the lamps behind the chairs. Love the 2nd and 3rd screenshots in particular :smiley:
    edited August 2017
    The exterior design of Tease looks very nice! :) The dormers and the texture of the exterior looks great! The tower is a nice touch. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The lamps behind the chairs is a creatively great idea! It looks great the way that the seats have been placed with their backs to the sink, for hair washing. The clothes racks are nice touches in the build.It is great that there is a children's clothing section nook. Very nice outdoors patio. The design of the fountain looks very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting at the tables or resting on the loungers having a drink of nectar.
    It is a very nice build :)
    edited March 2018
    Thank you SoocoolSim and Rosemow.

WIP Oaks Bluff Area

gallery-1470960595-gettyimages-523025555.jpg

I've started building the Oak Bluffs Gingerbread mini houses this week. It's such a cute little area, it started as a campground but the tents were replaced in 1835 with tiny cottages. 318 of the original 500 remain, each as different as their owner. The houses keep the tent like feeling of the original campground by being scaled down and tightly placed together. They range from a mix of the classic cedar shingle, with colorful accents to completely painted exteriors. Their tiny yards are usually bursting with flowers. The idea really lends itself to a mini lot in the sims, there are some standard sized Victorians in town too.

In August there is a tradition called the Grand Illumination where all the cottage owners deck out their porches and yards with lanterns.

tumblr_ou1e6x1eIv1wwkgzco2_1280.jpg

I found one on a corner lot, I'll do one based on it to give a bit more living space for sims with larger families.

tumblr_ou1e6x1eIv1wwkgzco3_r1_1280.jpg

I am building a couple of shells for the street and will try different lot sizes until I can find one that captures to feeling but has a bit more play-ablity than all 10x10s.

tumblr_ou1e6x1eIv1wwkgzco1_1280.jpg

I believe this is a 10x15, I roughed out 2 bedrooms and one bath.

I tried a few times using CFE to give the attic feeling for the upstairs. (The white paneling is just a placeholder while building. Thank you Rose!)
    tumblr_ou1e6x1eIv1wwkgzco5_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ou1e6x1eIv1wwkgzco7_r1_1280.jpg

I will limit those because while it looks nice for screenshots as it's a hard to see during actual gameplay unless you play with the walls partially or all the way up. I suppose they would be cute townie homes to visit.

tumblr_ou1e6x1eIv1wwkgzco6_r1_1280.jpg (Interior view upstairs in the CFE attic version)

tumblr_ou4lh0koTn1wwkgzco1_1280.jpg

I found the original master plan for Oak Bluffs, it's interesting seeing how all the little cottage lots were planned out. I think I am going to put in the lake and park and see how many minis I can line the lake with. It would be nice to do a pedestrian street with them on both sides but I'll do a test to see how well that would hold up performance wise. If I do them on both sides I might keep the number to 16 or so, but if I do a single row along the lake I could fit more with them spaced out.

It's been a treat looking through the archives and seeing the original Victorian beachside layout for the town. I am going to do a couple of community lots for the main road area, I just need to check against the Edgartown/Nantucket lot list to avoid duplicates. I am thinking a bakery and icecream shop for sure, maybe this will be a good spot for the library. The town has an indoor carousel, park with victorian bandstand, and large outdoor performance venue so I think I might do some of the festival type lots here too. I had pictured them more modern but the idea of seaside recreation was born and at it's height during the victorian era so it would be appropriate.

I haven't decided if I am going to build more or playtest existing lots this weekend.
    The real life homes that you are basing your WIP on look so very nice! :) The homes and architectural design and style look so pretty!
    Your WIP sheills look very nice! :) Both versions look very great! Very nice and pretty colours used for the first one.
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Oh! Those homes are so cute! I just love what you have done with your 2!
    edited March 2018
    Thank you Rosemow and Romagi. Yes, I just had to share some of the inspiration photos they are so adorable. I haven't settled on how many I want to try to put in yet but it's been fun looking at the color combinations people have on their little cottages. It's going to be so cute to see them lined up together when I get them finished.

I uploaded a mini lighthouse lot. This is just for world decor and set to no visitors allow. I put in a spiral staircase in case your sims want to go up to the observation deck and take in the view. It's based on the Gayhead Lighthouse in Aquinnah.
    tumblr_ou2da6JW7B1wwkgzco2_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ou2ee5r7FI1t81gyjo1_1280.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9121850

The Lighthouse looks great! :) It reflects the real life inspiration lighthouse very well! It will look great in your world.