Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New to The Sims 4 on Mac? Look no further!

Comments

• IAmAFabNarwhal198IAmAFabNarwhal198 Posts: 2 New Member
    Can someone please help me? I am trying to use the Alt Key so that the item placing and rotating ignores the Grid, but it is not working. Please Help! :(
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    Can someone please help me? I am trying to use the Alt Key so that the item placing and rotating ignores the Grid, but it is not working. Please Help! :(

Hmm that's weird, I never really ignore the grid I mean after the cheat bb.moveobjects that's all I wander in for the build mode and stuff, I do think that you should try the shift key! :)
    Hope this helps

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • IAmAFabNarwhal198IAmAFabNarwhal198 Posts: 2 New Member
    OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!! It Works Now! :)
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I posted on the other thread as well, but I am not sure which one is the right one. I have a question: I have been playing Sims 4 on my mac since it came out and it works fine. I have been playing with middle graphic settings and here is why: I read in a tread that playing with high settings will eventually kill my computer. I am a poor student, who can definitely not afford a new computer, but I would love to try the highest settings. What do you think?

Here are my details: (I am terrible with technology so apologies, if something is missing)
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.5
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
    2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Definitely, no. Laptops can overheat playing this game. If the game runs fine as is, do not up the settings unless you are willing to only play for a few minutes at a time and have a cooling pad.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Thank you!! That's terrifying, but good to know!
  • AadiraAadira Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I've recently bought Sims 4 for my mac but I don't have some (cheat) shortcuts on my keyboard. Like, for example, to enlarge or shrink an object you should press Shift + ], but my keyboard doesn't have the ] (unless I press alt and that doesn't work for the cheat/shortcut.

Can someone help me?
  • FreundHein1FreundHein1 Posts: 11 New Member
    I just got Sims for Christmas, and after I downloaded it a box popped up that said 'A helper tool is needed to manage your games. OriginClient is trying to install a new helper tool.'

What exactly is this? I tried to look it up online, but all I could find were complaints of it not downloading properly. Since I share the computer this is on with someone else, I can't just download it without knowing exactly what it does and why I need it. Please help!
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    I just got Sims for Christmas, and after I downloaded it a box popped up that said 'A helper tool is needed to manage your games. OriginClient is trying to install a new helper tool.'

What exactly is this? I tried to look it up online, but all I could find were complaints of it not downloading properly. Since I share the computer this is on with someone else, I can't just download it without knowing exactly what it does and why I need it. Please help!

It's part of the Origin installation, nothing to worry about. You must enter your password for it to continue otherwise you won't be able to install Origin on your Mac so you won't be able to play TS4. Is your user account on the Mac an administrator account or a standard account?
    apple-signature.png
  • FreundHein1FreundHein1 Posts: 11 New Member

It's part of the Origin installation, nothing to worry about. You must enter your password for it to continue otherwise you won't be able to install Origin on your Mac so you won't be able to play TS4. Is your user account on the Mac an administrator account or a standard account?

Standard, I think. Why? And thanks!

Standard, I think. Why? And thanks!

You will need to be logged in under an administrator account in order to install stuff.

apple-signature.png
  • AntidotesAntidotes Posts: 36 Member
    aah this is really helpful, thanks!
  • xmariekevanlokvenxmariekevanlokven Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello, i have downloaded cc but it is not showing up in the game and not showing when I open the game, when I look at the list with mods there is nothing there
    Have you gone into the Game Options and turned on the allow mods option?
  • WereldvredeWereldvrede Posts: 2 New Member
    How do I delete stuff from build mode? On the Windows PC you could just use the delete key but my MacBook doesn't have that. What else can I use for deleting it instead of just scrolling it all the way to the delete thing in the downbar
    How do I delete stuff from build mode? On the Windows PC you could just use the delete key but my MacBook doesn't have that. What else can I use for deleting it instead of just scrolling it all the way to the delete thing in the downbar

Hold down the Fn key then press the Backspace key.

apple-signature.png
  • katarinaakatarinaa Posts: 12 New Member
    Hello,
    I am having a problem with my CC hair. I see it's a common glitch, the blonde streaks, and the solution is to turn laptop mode off. But my problem is that laptop mode is off and has been even before the glitch started and the blonde streaks appear even in CAS. I tried turning laptop mode on, restarting the game, then turning it off again and restarting. Nothing. I saw a simmer who also had this problem and fixed it by turning the mode off and changing the settings up a bit, so I changed them in the same way, but still nothing.
    Help
    Already answered in another thread. :)
  • nykspadenykspade Posts: 13 New Member
    recently posted in another thread the sierra update one... i just have the base game and played it for a few days and it seems to working fine...
    not too into all the EP, GP, SP but i want to get a few... what are your suggestions with my specs ????

MacBook Pro 13'' Retina Display
    2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    8GB RAM/128GB ROM
    Intel Iris Graphics 6100
    macOS Sierra 10.12.6
  • M_azing_designsM_azing_designs Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm sure everyone will think I'm an idiot for asking this, but I want to check before I ruin my computer.. I have the OS X El Capitan (how is that even a real thing lol) version 10.11.6

processor is 1.6 GHz intel core i5 (this is what worries me because the requirement said 2.4 GHz?)
    8GB memory and intel HD graphics 6000 1536 mb.

I've been playing the Sims since 2001, but I am new to Mac as my boyfriend convinced me to switch away from a PC when I got my newest computer.

Thanks for the help.
    Welcome to the Mac Forums and no question is too silly to ask. :) I would recommend updating to Sierra as that is the latest OS for all Mac computers. Next what kind of Mac do you have? MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro? You can find out by clicking on the black Apple logo in the upper left hand corner.
    I have an iMac, its a desktop. not a laptop.

Thank you, by the way. Do I update my computer through apple's website?
    I am updating it now - I figured it out lol

After I'm updated, do you think I should be all set?
    I don't see why not. Remember to always keep your OS up to date. But Keep us posted. :)
    Okay, keeping my fingers crossed! I am at work now, but I purchased the game earlier and started the download before I left today. So I just have to go home and finish up installing the program and I'll check it out.

I don't plan on buying any expansion packs or anything, so I'm not that worried about it killing my computer. I honestly just play to build the houses most time (I'm a kitchen and bath designer and Interior Architecture and Design student).

Thank you for your help. I am still pretty Mac illiterate..