Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed -The Sims 4 - Coming to CONSOLE - Confirmed for Gamescom 2017

Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

http://simscommunity.info/2017/07/24/the-sims-4-is-coming-to-consoles/

New tweet from Sims community:

Update - officially confirmed by EA.

Update, no gallery

Trailer:

https://youtu.be/E7u-sKB9lfo

Confirmed - All major updates to base including the free world of Newcrest will be in game when the console versions launch.
https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/the-sims-4-console-announce

Xbox one pre order at microsoft:

The Sims 4 on console will be at Gamescom in Cologne Next month and its hands on too so expect fan footage!!!

Sorry Switch players!!!

Box art

Some tweets from twitter:

After reading SimGuruDrakes comment on another thread ive taken the DLC out of the threads title. Seems like the right thing to do until we know more about how thats going to work. I dont want to give false hope.

New article on performance/controls
http://simscommunity.info/2017/07/29/the-sims-4-console-michael-duke-talks-about-performance-controls-and-more/
Post edited by Simsfan99111 on

Comments

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Zagadoo
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited July 2017
    Honestly I don't care either way, its nice to see another studio was used meaning this doesnt effect PC development.

That said am I the only one that finds it strange that its being released for the Xbox One and not the PS4? Considering the majority of console owners have a PS4 sitting under their tvs since it sells twice as well.

I don't think I know anybody who ones an Xbox One that would have any interest in the Sims 4, since most of them buy it for xbox "halo" exclusive titles...not exactly the right demograph....
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited July 2017
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Honestly I don't care either way, its nice to see another studio was used meaning this doesnt effect PC development.

That said am I the only one that finds it strange that its being released for the Xbox One and not the PS4? Considering the majority of console owners have a PS4 sitting under their tvs since it sells twice as well.

I don't think I know anybody who ones an Xbox One that would have any interest in the Sims 4, since most of them buy it for xbox "halo" exclusive titles...not exactly the right demograph....

Although i highly doubt it, it is possible it may only be an Xbox one exclusive. If it looks the same quality on console as it does pc and you can get all the pc dlcs on console i would switch to console and stop using pc. I play more shooters and first person, rpgs now days so a console has become more of a fit for me than a desktop.
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Yeah this is exactly what the game needs...
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member
    This is so rubbish !! No expansion pack announcement but yet again something so foolish! :# To announce !!
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Well, I didn't see that coming
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    I hope sims 4 also comes out for the Nintendo Switch eventually. I don't have Xbox 1 and am not planning on buying it, and if Sims 4 were on switch, it means PORTABLE. SIMS. AWESOMENESS. :)<3<3<3
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited July 2017
    Cool! I know a lot of people who liked previous console versions, and some who play on PC now who started on console. Glad to see that the game is doing well enough to support more than just one way of playing it. Maybe some of the players who have been trying/failing/struggling to play on homework-level laptops will have access now. An LED TV and a console is cheaper than a gaming laptop for people who need a laptop for school, and a lot of those people might already have the TV if not the console.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited July 2017
    Cool! I know a lot of people who liked previous console versions, and some who play on PC now who started on console. Glad to see that the game is doing well enough to support more than just one way of playing it. Maybe some of the players who have been trying/failing/struggling to play on homework-level laptops will have access now. An LED TV and a console is cheaper than a gaming laptop for people who need a laptop for school, and a lot of those people might already have the TV if not the console.

Yea! It will be nice to be able to take it away when i go away. Cant really take a desktop pc with me for obvious reasons and i dont own a laptop nor can i afford one right now due to moving into my own place etc. Console can fit in my bag easily.

I see this just as the opposite, this pretty much screams DESPERATION after 3 years. Looks like a quick port to sell more and more DLC, such a good plan

I just hope it does ok on console. So many people already own it on pc and i remember when sims 3 ported onto console they bought out a hair pack and a couple of store packs and that was it. Apparently due to the console version being less popular they stopped porting store dlc packs for it,
  • crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    The fact those (like me) who have the PC version will most likely have to repurchase all of the DLC to be able to fully enjoy the game on console is insulting imo. :s It would be great if the console version would let you download the packs for free if you have them purchased on Origin prior, but since it's EA I don't see this happening.
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
    The fact those (like me) who have the PC version will most likely have to repurchase all of the DLC to be able to fully enjoy the game on console is insulting imo. :s It would be great if the console version would let you download the packs for free if you have them purchased on Origin prior, but since it's EA I don't see this happening.

It would be amazing if that were the case but for all we know it wont have eps for it. I dont know if they would be able to port an expansion over to a console with todays tech?
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    i never enjoyed playing sims on consoles
    Be funny if the console version had terraforming tools lol.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Well this makes the statement that the sims 4 would not be coming to consoles a tad obsolete lol
    I can't say I'm that bothered about it one way or another. While I enjoyed the sims 3 on console it was nothing compared to the pc version. Will it have toddlers? :p
    I would never buy it as I am a fully paid up member of the superior elite PC Master Race, but I'm curious to see the control scheme
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2017
    Whatever, I'm done with TS4 either way, at this point I don't really care what else they do with it to try and get revenue.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    Well this makes the statement that the sims 4 would not be coming to consoles a tad obsolete lol
    I can't say I'm that bothered about it one way or another. While I enjoyed the sims 3 on console it was nothing compared to the pc version. Will it have toddlers? :p

It has toddlers
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I never really buy the console versions because I just see them as watered down versions of the PC version I already like. This is one of the few times when the differences between the PC and console versions aren't merely superficial.

But still, I think it's an interesting idea. Have TS4 open to a wider market, maybe with bits of unique gameplay. Even though I won't buy it, I'm curious to see how they implement it for consoles.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    If they do somehow make it possible to port eps,stuff and gp packs over consoles have enough storage for it now days.
    edited July 2017
    If they do somehow make it possible to port eps,stuff and gp packs over consoles have enough storage for it now days.

I don't see any reason why not. Perfect Patio is in the pre-order offer, for example and they only have to optimise the game for a single hardware spec.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    This is so rubbish !! No expansion pack announcement but yet again something so foolish! :# To announce !!

We know there's an EP coming, probably in November -- after the catastrophe that was the early announcement of GT I don't think we're going to hear anything about the EP until September or October.

This is a totally different product -- different developers. Likely a lot more limited than the PC game unless consoles have developed the capacity to install CC and mods. Might be good for potential players who don't have control of the family PC (teens and such, with parents who don't want their computer loaded down with "fluff" when it's supposed to be for work/study). I'm surprised -- I didn't think we'd see Sims 4 on console but I'm fine with it.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

We know there's an EP coming, probably in November -- after the catastrophe that was the early announcement of GT I don't think we're going to hear anything about the EP until September or October.

This is a totally different product -- different developers. Likely a lot more limited than the PC game unless consoles have developed the capacity to install CC and mods. Might be good for potential players who don't have control of the family PC (teens and such, with parents who don't want their computer loaded down with "fluff" when it's supposed to be for work/study). I'm surprised -- I didn't think we'd see Sims 4 on console but I'm fine with it.

I am not sure it will be a totally different product. Maybe a different dev house has done the port, but I suspect the essential code base to be the same. An XBox One is pretty much just a PC.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....