Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok so what REALLY happened to Skip Broke?

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,898 Member
I have a feeling that Brandi Broke murdered him by somehow removing that pool ladder. What was the motive? I don't know but I know it probably wasn't money since they are literally broke. Could he have been cheating on her or vice versa? Who knows? It's as mysterious as it is with what happened to Bella Goth.

And reminds me that I think I'm totally going to play the Broke family tomorrow.

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    If she did kill him, she probably did it thinking he had secretly taken out a life insurance policy on himself.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I just started playing the Broke family, and man is it stressful. Brandi is trying to find a cute townie to marry. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    I doubt that Brandi killed him, even if he was cheating on her I feel she wouldn't kill him just because they are broke and she needs as much help to get money as possible. If they really did love each other than why did they have 3 kids? It's a good idea but I couldn't imagine her doing it. :)
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2015
    I don't think Brandi killed him, and I don't think he died in the swimming pool either. The reason I think this is for one the tomb stone is not on the lot, and two, why would Brandi kill off her husband right after getting pregnant with their third baby?
  • seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    my guess is that the pool ladder was removed and he drowned or killed himself after finding out that brandi cheated on him. when the newest baby is born he does not look like the other kids. he looks biracial.
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    my guess is that the pool ladder was removed and he drowned or killed himself after finding out that brandi cheated on him. when the newest baby is born he does not look like the other kids. he looks biracial.

Having a biracial baby does not mean that Brandi cheated on him. I had a friend in real life, both her and her husband were white, but the baby wasn't. A DNA test confirmed that it was indeed their child.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member

The baby is not biracial, the baby is a literal male clone of Brandi.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    If she killed him, it had to be because he didn't know how to manage money. She had enough. It was time to start moving ahead in life.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I don't think brandi killed him..it was probably just an accident or someone else really killed him.
    giphy.gif

• GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Always presumed Don killed Skip somehow so he could make a move on Brandi without worrying about Skip finding out?
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    With three children, it wouldn't make sense for Brandi to have killed Skip. Perhaps someone else did it.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Aliens took pool ladder with Bella. :D
  • melb623melb623 Posts: 57 Member
    edited August 2016
    I have a theory that I haven't heard from anyone else. Have you noticed in the game that there are two Skip Brokes? One with blue and one with green eyes? Well, my theory remains solely, and only between those two.

Obviously the real Skip is the blue eyed one. As you look into Brandi's memories you see distinctive pictures of how this all went down. In one of the pictures, you see Brandi, in a total shock, and celebrating Dustin's birthday as he ages to a teen. In the other, you see a worried Brandi, as she is pregnant, and a calm, content Skip trying to cheer Brandi up. I don't think Brandi killed Skip. I believe that the green eyed, impostor did.

I believe that Brandi had a stalker. As she is a pretty sim, the stalker was crazy enough to endure a name change, plastic surgery, and even a hair dye, and hair cut then he killed the blue eyed, Skip to be with Brandi. Which he could have gotten away with, but as Dustin aged, Brandi realized something. That Skip wasn't her husband. That Skip didn't have her husband's eyes! But instead of calling the police, she kept a low profile. She waited until the impostor decided to go for a swim, then, Brandi took the pool ladder away to keep him from getting out. She watched as her husband's murderer slowly exhausting himself, and drowning himself, fading away out of existence. Without knowing though, Dustin watched in the background. Which explains why he's acting out and has a job in the criminal career after school. That is my theory.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    My theory...Dustin did it. :)
  • MysterySimMysterySim Posts: 5 New Member
    I like your theory melb623! Feels kind of creepy though, as the exact same thing happened to Bella Goth! She had a double, with the same name but a slightly different face! This mystery feels even more difficult than the Bella Goth one to be honest
  • melb623melb623 Posts: 57 Member
    MysterySim wrote: »
    I like your theory melb623! Feels kind of creepy though, as the exact same thing happened to Bella Goth! She had a double, with the same name but a slightly different face! This mystery feels even more difficult than the Bella Goth one to be honest

Lol. All Sims 2 Mysteries are creepy in my opinion. But that is my opinion. And you are right about the two theories being similar.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Is the 3rd baby Skip's? For some reason I always assumed it wasn't because she doesn't find out she's pregnant right away and Skip is dead. I suppose he could've been killed/died shortly after the baby jingle. I tend not to play premades much but I just always remember feeling like the third baby wasn't Skip's, and never looked at the family tree to see.
    edited June 2017
    cleo00 wrote: »
    Is the 3rd baby Skip's? For some reason I always assumed it wasn't because she doesn't find out she's pregnant right away and Skip is dead. I suppose he could've been killed/died shortly after the baby jingle. I tend not to play premades much but I just always remember feeling like the third baby wasn't Skip's, and never looked at the family tree to see.

The baby is DNA-wise totally a male clone of Brandi (can't remember right now what causes this to happen so that's why the baby will always have black hair like Brandi versus the other kids who are blonde like Skip) but I'm not too sure right now if the baby actually has Skip listed as father. Should play the Broke family again and check :)
    Lift me up - Let me go
    edited June 2017
    Just checked: it seems I resurrected green eyed Skip earlier. As a result of it he's listed as the baby's father. This too allowed me now to have a baby girl instead with green eyes and black hair. Not sure what the game would do family tree-wise if you keep both Skip's dead though.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    I think the other Skip Broke was impersonating him and he's the cause of his death. There isnt a fully constructed pool in their yard, so i'm thinking he build it specifically to drown the real Skip.
    melb623 wrote: »
    MysterySim wrote: »

Lol. All Sims 2 Mysteries are creepy in my opinion. But that is my opinion. And you are right about the two theories being similar.

i agree, i get so creeped out by these mysteries, yet i keep figuring them out and playing them haha.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Well, i always thought that skip was murder by his older son, who had works in the criminal career just to convince a burglar to come and stole the ladder when skip was in it.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I'm boring when it comes to that. Since they are poor, the Brokes probably built that pool themselves or hired a cheap company to do it. Anyway, it was shoddy work. So one day when Skip tried to get out of the pool the ladder came off, he got hit on the hat, got knocked out and drowned quickly.
  • Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    There are some good theories here, but a few people are missing something. There's two Skip Brokes--if one of them is dead, then where is the other one hiding at?

I theory--and it goes along with @melb623's theory a little bit, sorry--that Brandi had a past relationship before she met Skip, and she broke up with that man for whatever reason. That man couldn't get over it, and when he found out that Brandi had married Skip, he decided to impersonate him so he could get Brandi back. He already had blonde hair, and he was determined enough to change his looks to match Skip's. But he couldn't change his eyes, so he either got contacts until his death... or people just didn't notice. I know someone who has two colored eyes, one blue one brown, and he told me alot of people don't actually notice that until after several months of knowing him, or sometimes even years. Or it could be because the eyes are green--I find that green and blue eyes can easily blend together and are hard to differentiate between the two of them, but that could just be me. Might just be me. :sweat:

Anyway, the man kidnapped Skip and hid him somewhere, but didn't kill him. He wasn't crazy enough to do that. Brandi also got pregnant with the third son by this time as well, so who the real father is still a mystery. It could be either one of them.
    Skip escapes wherever he was hidden at and races home. Brandi happens to be out somewhere and Dustin is at school, so Skip and the man are by themselves. The man is swimming, and Skip--angry about what had happened--removes the pool ladder, resulting in the man drowning.

Fearing what he had just done, Skip runs off to never be seen again, and also leaving his family to believe he's dead, which is why he doesn't show up as living in the family tree. And that's my theory.
  • QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    You know, after years of playing Sims 2, I don't think I ever realized there were [i]two[/i] Skips. I was always too busy trying to keep ahead of the Broke's bills to think too much about his death. And the message boards at the time were always filled with questions and theories about Bella, not Skip, so nothing ever really sparked me to look into the situation. Interesting. Very interesting. Maybe I'll fire up TS2 again this week and do a replay of the Broke family with all of this in mind.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    @QuillWriter I forgot Bella had her own mystery as well. I never liked her, or the Goths in general, so I forget about her easily :p