Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited July 2017
    You're welcome @popettypop2012 :D! Yours looks great B)!

Thank you very much for the congrats, too B)!

You're welcome @withlovejulien :D! Cool idea for your adventure park B)!

Thank you very much for the congrats, too B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @cbear13 Are some brick walls allowed in the house? This is a picture of my living room. My colour scheme is blue and orange. Are the walls considered 'orange'? They aren't brown, are they? Also the coffee table has some aqua and green although the main colour is orange. Am I allowed to use that one? It's such a pretty table and anything else is less suitable. I hope it's okay. Oh, and the sunflowers are yellow. Am I allowed to use that?

sNVvCYp.png
  • Options
    Hmmm..I'm wondering if anyone can answer my previous question about the colours of the furniture in my living room? It's just hard for me to proceed with the rest of the house if I'm not really clear about which colours are allowed or not. Does anyone have any idea? Thank you so much.
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    It looks fine to me @popettypop2012 I was hoping @Cbear13 would answer because I'm not sure how tough she is being on keeping with the colour combination. But, I don't know how you couldn't get a little bit of other colours in the mix. I think as long as the dominating colours are your chosen ones your fine.
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    I think it looks fine @popettypop2012, as long as you have lots of blue and orange throughout. The flowers are fine too. Hmmm think I'm going to have to use that table in my game, the retro colours look cool.
    What you could do to help with colour is use the filters in build mode, click on orange and it will show you what the game considers orange
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @lisa17ann and @pebblycat I will be able to finish up the rest of the house now.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The living room in your home looks very nice! @popettypop2012 :) It is nice that you are using an orange and blue colour scheme for the home. The blue arm chairs look great placed either sides of the orange sofa.The patterned floor rug adds to the nice look of the room, and the flowers are a pretty touch in the room. The orange wall divider looks great! It looks a very nice room for sims to enjoy resting on the seating in front of the fire, watching tv.
    I will look forward to seeing your finished home :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @rosemow You are such a sweetheart.
  • Options
    Congratulations on City Adventure Land + Sea , The Party's Started household and Sim Oasis Springs Fun Park being favourited by Maxis! @coolsim9999999 , @Ainsleyf and @popettypop2012 :) That is exciting !
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    edited July 2017
    QC challenge no: 50
    Origin ID: withlovejulien
    Are you a novice builder: no
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: advanced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Daisy Hovel, Willow Creek
    Gallery Name: Groovy Mid-Century Pad 3b
    What is your chosen colors?: Red and Orange
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/5BCEF76170E411E78CD7291F6B257650
    Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)

Slideshow

Oops! I had the same house on two different lots and shared the wrong one! They are exactly the same except for the lot used. I updated the link to the one that matches the Daisy Hovel lot!

Notes: This isn't midcentury modern as interpreted today. This house's design is supposed to be what 'modern' would be in the 1960s. The bookcase is deliberately merged with the columns to create a built-in, open-shelving divider between the entry and the living room. Curtains! Curtains and clipping will be the death of me. I made sure the curtains in the master bedroom did not clip into each other or the wall. Therefore they look wonky--off center to the window, mismatched where one had to avoid another curtain and the other didn't. For the kid's room, the curtains clip like mad--into each other and the wall because it looked even worse than the master bedroom when I moved them to avoid clipping. While there were red/orange rugs for the living room and dining room, I really wanted a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 rug look to go along with the 60s theme. The gothic chairs are a deliberate and tongue-in-cheek placement as a contrast to most of the furnishings and because I made the master bedroom a more traditional space.

99356YR.png

DcNsBCN.png

kyErx03.png

d44IubX.png

SQgHnVQ.png

aJtF4FA.png

gUsqp0P.png

LOtCluu.png

EM6VyeC.png

bhePrZw.png
    Post edited by withlovejulien on
  • Options
    Thank you so much @rosemow B)<3! I'm really happy to hear that I got a Maxis fave for City Adventure Land + Sea :D!!!

Congratulations @popettypop2012 for your lot and @Ainsleyf for your Sims B)! Awesome lot and Sims :D<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    The exterior and layout of Groovy Mid-Century Pad 3b is very nice! @withlovejulien :) The red and orange colour scheme of the home looks very nice! The red and orange flowers in the front garden and on the edges of the home look very pretty! The glass windows look great , creating a nice light filled home. The floor lights are a nice touch lining the edges of the front pathway. Nice art nook on the front patio for sims to enjoy painting on the easel in the outdoors air. Very nice outdoors living patio ! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seat bench and arm chairs, having a chat, listening to the sound of the wind chimes and watching the birds feeding on the seed feeder. The candle and flowers are a nice touch on the coffee table. The patterned floor rug gives a great look to the area ! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The red patterned walls in the rooms look very nice! It looks very nice the way the red bookcase divides off the living room. The red vase plants look great on it.Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the orange and red seating in front of the fire, having a drink from the bar, and reading a book. Nice corner chess playing nook. They will enjoy playing the guitar. The flowers are pretty on the coffee table for sims to look at. Very nice kitchen nook! Sims will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows whilst cooking meals there. The dining room is very nice! The two colours on the dining seats is a nice touch. Sims will enjoy dining in the sunlight coming in through the windows. Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows whilst sitting at the desk table using the computer. The fruit bowl, display plates and cake item are nice home touches in the room.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    Your home is very nice! @steskens :) The yellow and green colour scheme of the home looks very nice! It looks a very nice sunny home. It looks great that the home has three storeys , and there are steps up to a balcony entrance on the middle level. The layout of the build looks very nice! Very nice yellow and green coloured furnishings and walls! It is great that that the ground floor has the guest areas, the top floor has the bedrooms, and the middle is the level,that has,the kitchen, dining and main living room. Very nice designs of the bedrooms! The butterflies are pretty on the kids bedhead wall and the green dinosaur is cute! Very nice armchairs sitting nook in the master bedroom. The wall of candles is calming for sims to see. The green flowers and plants are nice touches of nature and green in the guest bedroom. It is a nice,touch that there is a coffee machine in the bedroom for sims to enjoy having a cup of coffee there. The yellow and green themed fruit pictures are nice touches on the walls through the home.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    Thank you, @rosemow! It was a fun, vibrant color scheme.

@steskens I really liked the bright punches of yellow! Really vibrant! Yellow is, I think, one of the hardest colors in the game! Hardly any options in walls, flooring, or window treatments! Your choices were great!
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @popettypop2012 sorry for the late reply I havent had a chance to scratch myself lol it looks fine and the brick looks orange to so it fits perfectly :). Other colors are allowed and cant be completely avoided as long as the majority of the item is one of the chosen colors. I wont be so picky with things like flowers though if a better choice could of been made with your chosen colors it might be commented on but again I wont be going crazy as long as the majority of each room is your chosen colors
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    Thank you, @Cbear13 Hope everything is less busy and you can catch your breath again.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Congratulations on your Maxis fave for Main Street withlovejulien B)! This is a very interesting and well done adventure park :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Hey, @rosemow & @coolsim9999999, thanks! Thanks, @Cbear13 @Pebblycat, for the nomination!
  • Options
    You're welcome @withlovejulien B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    QC challenge no:50
    Origin ID:LeashaLoves
    Are you a novice builder: No - But this is my first time entering :)
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Newcrest, Cookout Lookout
    Gallery Name: Pink & Green Cottage
    What is your chosen colors?:Pink & Green
    Gallery Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/63127AE5725E11E78D88C13EA108331C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=leashaloves&max=50&maxis=false

http://i.imgur.com/3NxhXb7.png
    http://i.imgur.com/CBoWJfR.png
    http://i.imgur.com/S8ConsT.png
    rzsH227.png
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Just getting the images displayed for you :) It's a very nice build. Nice use of the green and pink :mrgreen:

QC challenge no:50
    Origin ID:LeashaLoves
    Are you a novice builder: No - But this is my first time entering :)
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Newcrest, Cookout Lookout
    Gallery Name: Pink & Green Cottage
    What is your chosen colors?:Pink & Green
    Gallery Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/63127AE5725E11E78D88C13EA108331C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=leashaloves&max=50&maxis=false

3NxhXb7.png
    CBoWJfR.png
    S8ConsT.png

• Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Welcome to the QC comps @leashahampton what a fantastic entry I love the choice of green and pink, I especially love the kitchen and dining its looks so pretty
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    Pink and Green Cottage is very pretty! @leashahampton :) The way that you have used the pink and green colour scheme looks so very nice ! Very nice exterior design and layout of the home! The roofing is very nice. The pink and green colours of the fencing is very nice and the pink awnings are a pretty touch over the windows. The flowers in the front garden areas and around the edges of the open shutter windows look so very nice! The pink water fountain looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the pink seat bench, enjoying the very pretty floral setting. Very nice open plan layout of the kitchen and dining area. The island sink and bar stool counter looks great! The kitchen cabinets look nice how they are placed on the wall. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the kitchen windows whilst cooking meals. The dish rack and cake item are nice homely touches. The wall lighting in the dining area looks very nice. The green flowers on the dining table are nice for sims to see whilst enjoying eating their meals. Very pretty bedroom! The pink wall paneling looks nice, and the type and pink colour of the curtains looks very nice. The three pink mirrors are a nice touch on the bedhead wall. The flower on the windows ledge is nice for sims to see when waking .
    It is a very pretty home! :) Welcome to the challenge thread :)
  • Options
    leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    Thanks @Cbear13 & @Rosemow :) <3
    rzsH227.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top