Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets Try Again (update 7.7.17)

Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
edited July 2017 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/919786/project-fenbury#latest

I would appear to have put my thread about my world building project in the wrong place. So as they say second time lucky. I'm more than happy to receive any suggestions for improving my work.
I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
Post edited by Bettyboop55 on

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Early this week I started with some road and lot placement. I have hit a major snag.

I used a small flat template.

I wanted to use the basement method for creating rabbit holes. This way I avoid using mods or cc. It also means space a lot of it.

Having buildings far apart and separated into commercial and residential districts is not typical of a British town or village which has been settled as long as Fenbury. This means great care when putting addresses to lots some of which are only one cell apart on the grid.

The snag then is not enough room. Very bad planning on my part. Question is do I chalk this up to experience and scrap it. If nothing g else it has taught me a lot but there is also effort involved.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

The snag...Not enough room for what? :grey_question:
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I think she means not enough room to bury RH in basements when the lots are small and very close together.

Honestly, with that kind of look - a small, closely built village - it would work best with RH rugs, IMO. But another option might be to place several types of commercial establishments on a larger lot where you might be able to bury more than one RH.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!