Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Builds by cwaddell - latest is Basic Beach House

cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
edited August 2018 in The Sims 3 Builders
Koi's House for Build-n-Share Challenge #191

I have 2 versions of this house. The original had 4 CC patterns, 3 of which I wasn't sure who created them or where their links were. So I created a version with no CC patterns for the official entry.

Here is the link for the no CC version of Koi's house Rustic Modern with no CC

Here are the pictures from that house.

tI5mDbj.jpg

Exterior
7IhgM35.jpg
PQHksPX.jpg
uUSaSzI.jpg
rke4iHL.jpg
0P9F38R.jpg
zJaG300.jpg
Rkncm54.jpg

Layout

NmYu2Tg.jpg

Entry

EtWjvdi.jpg

Interior

Great room

The great room generates a +40 beautifully decorated moodlet.
kitchen area
49WFABT.jpg

study area
G527sjL.jpg
Y5HcYDq.jpg

If an addition is added to the house in the future the double windows beside the desk can be removed for access. The study could then be moved to the addition and the study area could become a dining area.

living/sitting area
9gK79Aw.jpg
5lOon7v.jpg
2mNmCDN.jpg

The fish tank has 5 salt water fish.
ppAJz30.jpg

Bathrooms
half bath
2VHYrNe.jpg

main bath
LRabZgF.jpg
h69vpZg.jpg

Bedrooms

Each bedroom generates the +25 nicely decorated moodlet.
back bedroom
3AvF7XD.jpg
0gcMRRy.jpg

front bedroom
cSna4Db.jpg
8Q97FlH.jpg

view out the kitchen window over the sink

gDZ2r9x.jpg

Pond
The pond has 2 lake fish spawners.

yrIfEou.jpg
EhVtrsX.jpg
KvcdgRe.jpg
rHMRluy.jpg

Edited to replace dead links to photobucket pictures with ones on imgur.
Post edited by cwaddell on

Comments

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I edited my thread to include a picture of the layout which I had forgotten.
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Nice work!
    Nice work!

Thank you.
  • EmilyLouise95EmilyLouise95 Posts: 27 Member
    lovely house!
    lovely house!

Thank you.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The home is very nice ! :) Very nice exterior of the home and the layout of the build looks great! Very nice pond! Sims will enjoy fishing there. The waterfall looks very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The layout of the Great room is very nice! The wooden texture of the kitchen walls looks calming , natural and gives a very nice feel to the area. Nice island bar stool counter for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools eating a meal. Nice study desk nook for sims to enjoy using the computer. Very nice armchair and sofa seats sitting area for sims to relax and enjoy watching tv or reading a book, in front of the fire. The aquarium is a nice touch there.Very nice bedrooms! The blue and green colour scheme of the rooms looks very nice! The wall pattern in the green room looks great! The patterns on the beds look nice.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Very nice indeed. Great architecture and looks fresh and clean inside. Well done. Did you create the slanted ceiling?
    Thank you @rosemow and @soocoolsim . I created the slanted ceiling by using the half gable roof twice. Once to get the roof line to meet up with the gable roof line over the bedrooms and then once to get the interior auto wall to be built lining up with the kitchen wall. I could not figure out how to put ceiling tiles on the slanted roof though.
  • SylirabSylirab Posts: 16 Member
    Simple and elegant. Harmony of horizontal lines. Good.
    Sylirab wrote: »
    Simple and elegant. Harmony of horizontal lines. Good.

Thank you.
    edited August 2017
    Build-n-Share Challenge #193

In the past we often escaped the hot, humid weather of Northern Florida by renting a beach house on the beaches in North or South Carolina. We would have family reunions there because those beaches were about half way between here and Virginia, where our families live.

This is a take on a smaller, and less expensive, version of some of those beachfront houses. I built it on a 20X30 lot I created in Sunset Valley.

link to Beach house download

bB35tnW.jpg

Additional exterior shots
    CeK0Oiq.jpg

SvQk2m0.jpg

CPBJuw2.jpg

vT0dVLN.jpg

Layouts
    WiK4hgp.jpg

8rE1U9g.jpg

great room
    1yyZZXu.jpg

eKqtavg.jpg

2Fxo5Es.jpg

6JDOTHb.jpg

ViYtALx.jpg

GS594Fd.jpg

05YAzoZ.jpg

Bedrooms and bathrooms
    Downstairs bedroom
    jem4x1A.jpg

and bathroom
    zRcbJT4.jpg

upstairs front bedroom
    u3pUQHC.jpg

fBRRoAR.jpg

upstairs hall bathroom
    8CXbPRF.jpg

RaPUlQv.jpg

Master bedroom
    lF6arAB.jpg

Ej7pdSP.jpg

and bath
    V7g1cHE.jpg

257ERpr.jpg

Outdoor living spaces
    Upper deck
    dZ3EMIR.jpg

l4R2t04.jpg

Screened porch
    5kg9Dui.jpg

Lower deck
    yUF6AvX.jpg

jqYOc6q.jpg

MN0VW5Y.jpg

Misc
    Entry hall
    Tjybh6W.jpg

laundry room
    JzzdpCQ.jpg

upstairs desk nook
    YwItS92.jpg

The Beach House looks very nice ! :) It is great that it is built on stilts. Very nice blue colour scheme of the exterior walls. It looks great how the stairs are placed in the build. Very nice upper deck and screened porch areas ! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seating there, in the outdoors sea air or looking out at the sea views. It is great that there is an outdoors shower in the stairs deck.The layout of the interior looks very nice. Very nice open plan layout of the living, dining and kitchen areas. The wooden texture of the furnishings looks nice. Very nice windows dining alcove for sims to enjoy eating meals at the table with sunshine coming in through the windows. Sims will also enjoy sitting on the stools eating a meal at the counter. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas in the living room area , chatting, reading and watching tv. The seashells wall picture looks very nice there! Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms. The ships pattern on the single beds is a very nice touch. Nice desk nook on the upper landing for sims to enjoy reading or doing homework at the table. The calendar /posters look great on the wall.
    It is a very nice beach home :)
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Nice house, you really captured the feeling of the beach.
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    That's beautiful! I love that deck/stair, and adore the upper hall overlooking the living room, it's one of my favorite features of a house. The decor and furniture is exactly what I imagine a beach house to have (never having been to one myself lol).
    Thank you @rosemow , @Jessabeans and @creativemetaphor for your kind remarks. Working on this build reminded me how much fun we had on those vacations and how I loved the sound of the waves and the refreshing breezes.
  • FunkycormFunkycorm Posts: 50 Member
    Looks great!

Cute house. A great place to relax. I can almost feel the sand between my toes :smiley:
    Thank you @Funkycorm and @soocoolsim . I wish I was at a beach house now. It's really hot and humid here in Northern Florida this time of year. :)
    edited September 2017
    Build-n-Share Challenge #194

This modern house was inspired by the Craftsman houses built in California during the early 20th century. I built it on a 20X20 lot in Dragon Valley so that it could be placed on many sized lots in other towns. It has a large front porch with a chess table and rocking chairs so that the sims can easily socialize with any neighbors who walk by. There is a small back porch for easy access to the perfect garden plants in the back yard. Down stairs there is a greatroom with the living room on one side of the stairs to the second floor and the kitchen/dining room on the other side. In the back is a bathroom for easy clean up after gardening. Upstairs there is a bathroom, a master bedroom and two children's bedrooms. This build uses custom windows, doors, fireplace, etc from the Grant Park craftsman collection by B5 Studio here.

GjIVAcV.jpg

download Craftsman, 3 bed 2 bath
    cost is $42,519

exterior
    htFb9lX.jpg
    mRGOGdq.jpg
    Bcch8sW.jpg
    vmTfw4W.jpg
    qoY3iWQ.jpg

front porch
    LEeElik.jpg
    auaZ5JH.jpg
    VGHnELZ.jpg

layouts
    lLQ7bzM.jpg
    cFOUmLB.jpg

downstairs
    6HYcef6.jpg
    AdKWTxV.jpg
    4WKc5q9.jpg
    BMfsR0u.jpg
    f0qvYnA.jpg
    XdiEUxo.jpg
    SmzvLJ0.jpg
    Ek5W22Q.jpg
    elkv5MH.jpg
    gpsn16t.jpg
    tE2ntmX.jpg
    iaJKN5Z.jpg

upstairs
    4WEmJs6.jpg
    5g7zhrE.jpg
    KFTc0aG.jpg
    y02fJZS.jpg
    10oRgiA.jpg
    hntLIMX.jpg
    Post edited by cwaddell on
    The exterior design of the Craftsman is very nice! :) The craftsman cc looks very nice how it has been used in the build. The colour of the exterior looks very nice. Very nice front porch! Sims will have fun playing chess, or enjoy sitting there chatting in the outdoors air. The flowers look pretty either sides of the front steps. Very nice open plan layout of the interior of the home! The wooden themed furnishings look very nice. Nice art nook for sims to enjoy painting on the easel whilst looking out through the windows. They will enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofa in front of the fire, watching tv . The plants are nice touches of green and nature in the living area. The floor tiling in the bathrooms looks very nice.It is nice that there are three bedrooms in the home. The blue and lavender colours of the bedrooms look nice are calming for the sims when sleeping. Sims will enjoy playing the guitar and keeping fit doing chin ups on the gym item in their bedroom.
    It is a very nice Craftsman home :)
    @rosemow , thank you for your kind remarks. :)

Build-n-Share Challenge #195 Wishes of the Dead

Bonekeeper Graveyard

The graveyard has a mausoleum with a caretaker's cottage behind it with 2 dog houses for 2 of the 3 guard dogs. Currently there are 12 grave plots occupied with 12 more ready for use. There is also room for more plots to be laid out along the walkway under the willows and along the fence in the back. There are deathfish in the reflecting pool. The caretaker's cottage has a great room and bathroom downstairs and a bedroom with office space upstairs.

M1QQt7x.jpg

Cost - $38,241
    Download link at mediafire - Bonekeeper Graveyard
    Built as a 30X40 residential lot at 17 Maywood Lane in Sunset Valley (across from the Bunch house).

The cemetery grounds and caretaker's cottage exterior
    hzTTvSv.jpg
    AvswwqX.jpg
    E9ILtid.jpg
    7cOuZGv.jpg
    oP6RDMU.jpg
    ESZCYYF.jpg
    W6anS79.jpg
    UqrHaDs.jpg
    kUOevL6.jpg
    JmGGxBn.jpg

Caretaker's cottage layouts

HqxiOPT.jpg

mTM43Pa.jpg

Caretaker's cottage interior
    Cea9aQn.jpg
    OdZBxUV.jpg
    Ca2MfyV.jpg
    iTyrgwN.jpg
    rRPQlLR.jpg
    XKyX6m3.jpg

Media link - showing the Bonekeeper household , Erisa and her 3 dogs.
    Download link - Bonekeeper household

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @cwaddell Nice builds :smile: I love the gothic looks in the most recent pictures :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited October 2017
    The design of Bonekeeper Graveyard looks very nice :) Very nice lilypad and water fountain reflection pond . Sims will like sitting on the seat bench there, reflecting on their loved ones who have passed away. It is great that death fish are in the pond. It looks great how the tomstones have been placed in the areas. The exterior of the Caretaker’s Cottage looks great! The wall texture gives a great look to the building and suits well that it is located in a Graveyard. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the cottage. The interior wall texture looks great also. It is great that it is two storeys and there are areas in the bedroom and living areas for a guard dog to sleep. The lavender colour of the bed, and the patterned floor rug underneath it looks very nice. Sims will like sitting at the desk table catching up on office work on the computer. The plants look very nice either sides of the stairs. Nice sofa seat corner sitting nook for the caretaker to enjoy resting and reading a book.
    The design of the build looks great! :)

Bonekeeper Graveyard looks pretty cool. I especially like the exterior pics. Nice layout of the interior too. Well done :smiley: