Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Apartments Roomates Problem

I just moved into an apartment and I keep getting random roommates, without an option on my phone or computer in Real Estate for Roommate Services. Does anyone know a fix for this, or even a mod? Thanks in advance!
www.youtube.com/m3wlissa

Comments

• mzabsmzabs Posts: 76 Member
    Update: I think I may have found a fix. Amazing what Google can do... http://modthesims.info/d/554197
    www.youtube.com/m3wlissa
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    Apartments come with roommates by the game's definition. There is no way to switch them off like there is with regular Residential lot types. Under EA standard, an "Apartment" is really the homeworld version of a Dormitory.

@Mrknowitall526, someone is talking about one of your mods again. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Thanks @igazor - you are very knowledgeable!
    www.youtube.com/m3wlissa
  • Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Apartments come with roommates by the game's definition. There is no way to switch them off like there is with regular Residential lot types. Under EA standard, an "Apartment" is really the homeworld version of a Dormitory.

@Mrknowitall526, someone is talking about one of your mods again. :)

Haha, thanks for the mention!

It still amazes me how many "features" they left us with in this game that needed fixing!
    My life dream is that one day someone will take the time to recode the entire game. I have high, unlikely hopes. XD
    www.youtube.com/m3wlissa
    mzabs wrote: »
    My life dream is that one day someone will take the time to recode the entire game. I have high, unlikely hopes. XD

Twallan (and now, Chain_Reaction) at NRaas have done a pretty good job of *almost* doing that!
    @Mrknowitall526 Who is Chain_Reaction? I've never heard of them!
    www.youtube.com/m3wlissa
    mzabs wrote: »
    @Mrknowitall526 Who is Chain_Reaction? I've never heard of them!

One of the main people who picked up where Twallan left off at NRaas. @igazor can describe him better than I can!
    Oh I didn't realize! Well I really appreciate everyone who has contributed to Nraas - it's a life (and game) saver! Can't be more grateful towards them all :)
    www.youtube.com/m3wlissa
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    If the complaint is random roommates being added Up to eight sims in the household, that only happens when you set the building as an apartment. When you don't no random roommates will show up (and you can add as many as you wish using NRaas Mastercontroller).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    Chain is a professional programmer who filled the gap extremely well when Twallan retired and is our lead developer. He has brought forward all of the updates to the NRaas mods, or managed the process when other developers have worked on them, since Jan 2014. He also designed and released two brand new NRaas mods since then, Tagger and Cupcake, and is hard at work at a third that redoes the game's attraction system. Won't go into too many details here, but NRaas Chemistry just moved into its pre-alpha (very, very early) stages of testing. I'm running it right now, only for the purpose of looking for unintended script errors and RAM usage spikes although currently it only does a small fraction of what it is/will be designed to do.

Many here might not have heard of him as he has no EA forum presence and prefers it that way. But he is very friendly and easy to reach at NRaas if anyone would like to have a chat. :)

I wouldn't say that anyone is "recoding the game" entirely or can even do that, though. The game's code is proprietary and many elements of it cannot be reached by anyone outside of EA. The mods have to work outside of and alongside the game engine, not inside of it, using the hooks that its developers put in place. Otherwise someone by now would be producing patches rather than mods. But that would be impossible and not sanctioned by EA anyway.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net