Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    I love the exterior of your shoe house @FoundMarbles !

Having a pair of boots as a house is a great idea @bokylie1 :)
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    pronterus wrote: »

Your own build is really spectacular!
    I modeled mine on the Haines Shoe House, Pennsylvania. I've since come to learn there are quite a number of "shoe Houses" IRL. At least one looks like one of @bokylie1 's boots.

No doubt, if you can think of it, it's been done, LOL. :smiley:
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

Your own build is really spectacular!
    I modeled mine on the Haines Shoe House, Pennsylvania. I've since come to learn there are quite a number of "shoe Houses" IRL. At least one looks like one of @bokylie1 's boots.

No doubt, if you can think of it, it's been done, LOL. :smiley:

Thanks :) I'd actually like to visit an iRL shoe house someday. The only unusual house I've visited is an upside-down house that functions as a bakery :lol:
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    @pronterus I love the creativity of your build. The outside of the house looks so cool. I like how you made levels for the girls and boys as well as all the bright playful colors.

@FoundMarbles the name of your lot is hilarious and it actually looks like a sock in a shoe. I really like how you managed to make so many rooms inside the shoe.

I'm about to attempt this challenge. No clue how this will turn out :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    bokylie1 wrote: »
    FORUM ID: bokylie1
    ORIGIN ID:bokylie1
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Hubbard Boot Home
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: Gallery costs $109,460
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW
    ENTRY DETAILS: One shoe didn't seem right for the Hubbards and their requirements, so the house is a pair of boots. The lavender and plants around the boots make it look like the boots are walking through a field. Mrs Hubbard has a spacious bedroom with reading nook. The teenagers have spacious rooms. All the children share bathrooms with each other.

rc7af4.jpg

SIM: Hubbard Family
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Screenshots of the Hubbards are included in the slideshow of the house images.
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please as I am still growing as a builder and know that I may have messed up some things.
    CC CREDIT: No CC is used in my builds.

@bokylie1 - thanks for updating with your constructive criticism preference, however, you are also missing the lot cost and build cost, the lot cost is the cost of the lot prior to building, the build cost is the cost of the actual build, so whatever the gallery says your lot costs to place, the two added together then form the total cost. Please can you update your entry form with these details.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @TwtyBrd0707 Thanks for the comments about my build :) Good luck on your build!

Thanks :) I'd actually like to visit an iRL shoe house someday. The only unusual house I've visited is an upside-down house that functions as a bakery :lol:

That must have been pretty odd looking! :smiley:
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    @FoundMarbles the name of your lot is hilarious and it actually looks like a sock in a shoe. I really like how you managed to make so many rooms inside the shoe.

I'm about to attempt this challenge. No clue how this will turn out :)

Thank You, I'm glad you caught the joke in the lot name! :wink:

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    edited July 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 73 - Life on a Shoestring
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Footloose
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 122,808
    TOTAL COST: 124,808
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/UXIhj
    ENTRY DETAILS: Footloose is a family home in the shape of a boot, traditional interior design with five bedrooms and three bathrooms. There is a recreation room in the basement and a reading nook off the master suite. Front and rear porches with a rear garden for kids and toddlers.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

mk6kLKx.png

D611DEZ.jpg

Post edited by masajo on
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    edited July 2017
    Challenge #73 Life on a shoestring

FORUM ID: Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID: Mannanna
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: San My'Shoe'no
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4B1803936A5111E78843C13EA108331C?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=bns73&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $91,245
    BUILD COST:$1,500
    TOTAL COST: $92,745
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/bV1mR

ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted my shoe to look somewhat old and rickety and similar to the old fairytale. I didn't give them any electronics except for 2 old fashion TV's and a radio to stay within the era. ( and cellphones of course ). I am well under budget but I wanted the kid's desks to be used for homework and not computers. My biggest mistake was building in an angle because that made everything very cramped! When I tested this lot and placed it I noticed that the child/toddler boys room have an issue with the wallpaper changing :( and I have no idea of how to fix it. This really was a challenge to fit everything in it, but fun :smile:

SIM: N/A
    ROOM:N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Oh yes please! That is part of the fun.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:N/A
    F8zjEkz.png?1
    rXfALIy.png
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    @mannanna Your build is really nice! The outside shape confuses me, but it does remind me of the old fairytale... with some influence from the Weasley house. :) I really like the more traditional, yet quirky look you created, particularly for all the common areas and the outside. I also like that you made Mrs Hubbard's reading nook on a balcony. It looks very nice and inviting. The diagonal build sure makes the room seem tiny, but somehow you made it work and it looks very cozy and lived in. I love it!
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    @BuildnShare updated for you. Hope that is done right now. Thanks again :)
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

bokylie1 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare updated for you. Hope that is done right now. Thanks again :)
    That's great, thanks sweetie \o/
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    @mannanna Your build is really nice! The outside shape confuses me, but it does remind me of the old fairytale... with some influence from the Weasley house. :) I really like the more traditional, yet quirky look you created, particularly for all the common areas and the outside. I also like that you made Mrs Hubbard's reading nook on a balcony. It looks very nice and inviting. The diagonal build sure makes the room seem tiny, but somehow you made it work and it looks very cozy and lived in. I love it!

Thank you @SerraNolwen :) I'm happy you like my house. I got inspired by a pic I saw online. I really like how you built the outside of your shoe as well, very creative!
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    *impatiently waiting for the next challenge*
    Challenge #BnS73 is now officially closed! Good luck everyone.

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited July 2017
    A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

#BnS 74: Solstice Designer Showdown!

So the solstice has passed and we are deep into the new season. What is July like in your part of the world? Hot? Cool? Rainy? Dry? Wherever you live, we’d like the month of July to be your inspiration for this season’s designer showdown. Don’t like the weather where you live? You can choose July in another part of the world to be your inspiration.

THE BRIEF:

20 x 30 lot anywhere
    3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms residence
    usual kitchen, dining and living areas and anything else you want to put in
    fully landscaped
    theme: July (in your description, please explain how the theme influenced your design)

BUDGET: §80,217 (lot + build cost) [Can anyone guess how we came up with this budget figure?]

No room or Sim challenge this time around.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 74 - Solstice Designer Showdown!

FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS74

The deadline for this challenge is 2nd August 2017

GArBA5W.jpg
    This sounds like another interesting challenge. I already have an idea on what to build :)
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    I have so many memories of going to different new England states so I want to create homes from all of them!! I have narrowed it down to province town and Maine cottages
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2017
    It's been quite a while since I've entered anything here, but I just LOVE this new challenge! An idea immediately popped into my head for a house I've been meaning to build for a long time. I hope I can do it justice since it's a real place very special to my family. Good luck and have fun everyone, I can't wait to see your creations! :)

@BuildnShare said "Can anyone guess how we came up with this budget figure?" I'm guessing 8th month 2nd day 2017 :smile: (the 0 was a misfit)
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    o.o @BuildnShare I can't remember.. CC or no CC? :( de fishing cabin it cannot be built without log walls QQ
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    o.o @BuildnShare I can't remember.. CC or no CC? :( de fishing cabin it cannot be built without log walls QQ

@PersRealmsShadow , CC is always allowed unless the challenge specifically prohibits it. Just make sure to list the credits for the CC you use! :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare said "Can anyone guess how we came up with this budget figure?" I'm guessing 8th month 2nd day 2017 :smile: (the 0 was a misfit)

@FoundMarbles , in the American way of writing the date 08/02/17, we came up with 80217. You didn't say this, but of course, that is the due date for this challenge! :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Is 2.5 bathrooms ok?
    0TSlsxY.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top