Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Oh, @Nectere as far as the public restrooms you build, are they on foundation by chance? Do you build them as a room (or rooms), or as an outdoor space? Would love to see an example of your issue as well.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited July 2017
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Oh, @Nectere as far as the public restrooms you build, are they on foundation by chance? Do you build them as a room (or rooms), or as an outdoor space? Would love to see an example of your issue as well.

Just interior bathrooms, nothing special other than there being multiple. If I put a wall topper on it or raise it (tp) up higher it seems to make it stick, I am not sure which of those two or combination there of is the final answer tho. It used to happen in home bathrooms too when using a short wall between the sink or shower and toilet, so I just quit putting the tp on the half walls. Foundations is a yes, pretty much everything I build has at least a lip of foundation.

some pics from two builds that made me want to tp the whole build.

Some sunk some stayed
    PlKBaVH.png
    Some not there at all. (hate to be that guy)
    D9ylx4x.png
    fjZIGLF.png

Half wall + topper + raising the TP much higher. winner.
    aJp7SbB.png
    HYwtZnc.png

As an aside I think I have mentioned before that I sometimes lose columns and stairs when I am using a lot of them. They just go missing. Like this cemetery I built, no matter how many times I replace all the stairs and make sure all but one plot has an accessible crypt, invariably one or two sets of stairs will go missing. There isnt anything in the way and can be replaced without moo. Also the fence will go missing if you rotate the lot. No idea why but thats another subject.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    edited July 2017
    OK! I had one of the problem builds still on a lot so it was easy to save it again and confirm I was still having the issue with wall items disappearing when attached to the half-walls in my game.

Images from before I saved the lot to my library:

Slideshow with captions

I added some items without cheats:

33bBl2M.png
    M97jrBM.png
    314gXE2.png
    WtcdH2v.png
    OMVwLAb.png
    ARbgEMr.png
    TjmDVQd.png
    JLdvPMC.png
    BuOguRL.png

Save the lot to my library, made sure all cheats were off, bulldozed the lot and then downloaded the lot that was supposed to have all of the stuff attached to the half-walls:

EURGO2a.png
    Onhsqg7.png
    ZLdWkdb.png
    Wv4MJKP.png
    1mJEqkP.png
    h42NDlF.png
    d4a2hMR.png
    jLJlF0n.png

Gallery link. The picture on the first floor shows the hospital sign, etc, so it's obvious the items were in place at the time the lot was saved.

Fun detail: I did it again--using the same lot that was just downloaded and failed to include the wall items, I placed more wall items, save the lot again, and then bulldozed and downloaded. This time /different/ items went missing. If the outside items were missing from the first download, this time the 'inside' items were missing. And vice versa. Like somehow it was alternating which side of the wall/room to drop items.
    @Nectere I tried reproducing the dropping TP in my game but haven't been able to - mine is staying put in various configurations, when placed on half walls. If you have a build where this is happening or if you can reproduce it in a test build, it would be helpful if you could upload that build to the Gallery so that I could download it and try to experience the glitch in action. If you are willing to do that, just let me know the build name (I'd just name it something like "Test TP Dropping"), and I'll grab it.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    @withlovejulien haven't forgotten your issue - going to do some testing on it too. For the lot that you have posted pictures of - is it on the Gallery available for download?
    Yeah: here https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/417377DD6D0B11E78E7FC13EA108331C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Withlovejulien&max=50&maxis=false

I hope it's just my game! Not that I'm looking forward to fixing it or reinstalling it....

As far as how it's happing to me: When the half-walls complete a room, sometimes wall items fall/disappear when the lot has been saved to the library and then placed. When the half-walls do not complete a room, everything seems to stay in place when it is saved to the library and then placed from the library.

Thanks!
  • XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    @withlovejulien : I wonder ... after bulldozing the lot but before placing the build, try "paving" the whole lot with a floor finish, in one smooth motion from one corner to the opposite corner. Then place the lot. I remember I had a problem with stuff disappearing from my Villa California build, which I later determined to be due to the ground of the lot being ever-so-slightly uneven when the build was placed. But paving the lot evens out the irregularities--or rather, makes everything level with the corner you start with--so that fixed my problem.
    Thanks, @Xinqun! I'll give that a try.
    Okay, @withlovejulien took a look at your lot, and indeed, things do drop on the walls in a seemingly random way. I created my own test case with a similar setup where I had a large room and inside it, I created various what I'll call "half wall rooms" (where 3 of the walls are half walls and only the exterior wall is an actual wall). I placed several different wall objects on the exterior half walls (the ones facing out), saved the build, bulldozed, and replaced it on the lot. The objects stayed put. I then proceeded to add several wall objects to the inside of the half walls, saved, bulldozed, and replaced. This time, several objects dropped from their original positions on the half walls. It does seem to be some sort of a conflict when objects are located on both sides of the half wall. I want to note that I kept bb.moveobjects off for the placement and testing as well, so since it is not the culprit, this is an issue that can definitely be logged for the devs. I've created an AHQ thread, so if you don't mind navigating to it and clicking on the "Me Too" button, it will help give the issue visibility.
    @BryonyRae Thanks so much! While I'm not thrilled I discovered an annoying issue, I am really glad it wasn't just me! I really appreciate your time in confirming it!
    edited July 2017
    @Nectere I tried reproducing the dropping TP in my game but haven't been able to - mine is staying put in various configurations, when placed on half walls. If you have a build where this is happening or if you can reproduce it in a test build, it would be helpful if you could upload that build to the Gallery so that I could download it and try to experience the glitch in action. If you are willing to do that, just let me know the build name (I'd just name it something like "Test TP Dropping"), and I'll grab it.

Uploaded as Test TP Dropping (its a cafe)

each stall has tp next to the toilet. If its not there, then it disappeared. Replace TP next to toilet as other tp is placed (assuming it didnt delete all TP) and resave, bulldoze and replace, tp randomly disappears again. (it appears its no longer dropping just deleting)

OriginID NectereSim
    Post edited by Nectere on
    Origin ID NectereSim
    I guess this could be considered a bug since candles have different behaviors depending on what pack they are from.

gSNWUXn.png

Candles & other "lights" that work when you don't pay your bills on right. Candles & other "lights" that are off when electricity is shut off on left. Not everything that doesn't light may be considered a candle, but included because they might be intended to work like candles. Except for 3 Senses Oil Lamp (which I only included because of the name), Outdoor Retreat items, Peak Performance from Bowling, Lilacs & Lanterns from Movie Hangout, all of the other items have animated flames so you'd expect them to not be dependent on electricity.

Work without electricity:
    • A Story of Three Candles (base game)
    • The Definitive (base game)
    • Two Thousand Ounces of Gold Under the Sea (base game)
    • Of Fire and Ice (Movie Hangout)
    • Holey Moley Divider (Spa Day)
    • BrightDark Triplet Totem Candles (Spa Day)
    • Light in a Bottle (Dining Out)
    • Little Light (Dining Out)
    • Candle's Crib (Perfect Patio)
    • Menorah (Holiday Celebration)
    • Kinara (Holiday Celebration)
    • Smoreworthy Candles (Get Together)
    • Peak Performance (Bowling)--Included under miscellaneous lights in build mode but does not have lighting options so it behaves like a wall item.

Candles (or other) that won't work without electricity:
    • 3 Senses Oil Lamp (base game)
    • Aglow Aromatics (Vintage Glamour)
    • Four Festive Candles, Ho, Ho, Ho (Holiday Celebration)
    • Lilacs & Lanterns (Movie Hangout)
    • All candles from Backyard:
    • Tawny Tawdry True Dawn (Backyard)
    • lANtern (Backyard)
    • Scented Citronella (Backyard)
    • All candles from Vampires:
    • Gilded Flame Floor Lamp (Vampires)
    •   Large Vaulted Victorian Flame Chandelier (Vampires)
    • Small Victorian Candle Chandelier (Vampires)
    • Gothic Candle Wall Sconce (Vampires)
    • All outdoor items from Outdoor Retreat:
    • Lightbringer Vista (Outdoor Retreat)
    • Lightbringer Portable (Outdoor Retreat)
    • No Fear Night Lantern (Outdoor Retreat)
    • Moonlight Lantern (Outdoor Retreat)
    • Origami Tree Luminaries (Outdoor Retreat)
    • All candles and gel(?) fire coffee table from City Living:
    • Illuminated Pillar (City Living)
    • Loti Lotus Lantern (City Living)
    • Metal Scalloped Lantern (City Living)
    • Obstructo Coffee Table (City Living)
    • Illuminating Silhouette (City Living)
    • Blooming Lights (City Living)
    Sorry for the delay @Nectere; was able to download your test build and am definitely seeing the issue with it. A question for you - how did you go about building the stalls? By that I mean, did you originally draw one large room and subdivide by half walls? Or did you build each stall as its own room and then replace walls with half walls? Or...?
    @withlovejulien that does seem kind of hit and miss. I'll see what I can find out about it.
    @bryonyrae cool!
  • SweetLemonSimSweetLemonSim Posts: 55 Member
    I don't know if this counts as build mode feedback, but I would like a basegame plain modern white (and maybe black and some wood coloured to, without a trim) door! :) Not in a pack, in a base game patch. Right know if we are building a modern house, we can choose from a blue/a red/a green door (with a different coloured trim), a beige wooden door (with a different coloured trim), glas doors (I usually use one of these but it does'nt work great for bathrooms), and probably some others that I'm forgetting. But none of these doors that are solid are easily matched. Right? :)
    Sorry for the delay @Nectere; was able to download your test build and am definitely seeing the issue with it. A question for you - how did you go about building the stalls? By that I mean, did you originally draw one large room and subdivide by half walls? Or did you build each stall as its own room and then replace walls with half walls? Or...?

I built the *shell then went to work on building the interior walls, so the bathroom was partitioned off, then halved, then the half walls were added to further partition the stalls - then I added the doors, toilets and tp and finished off the rest of the bathroom space with sinks etc. I didnt even add a foundation this time just in case that was an issue.

*shell=using the room tool to create & define two spaces: the main cafe, then the bathroom. Straight wall tool was used for defining the inner walls.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Thank you for the additional info, @Nectere. I was able to duplicate the bug by recreating my own structure in the same manner. I've added it to this thread.
    @withlovejulien I've added the non-electric lighting issue to our lighting thread here.
    @SweetLemonSim you're definitely in the right place! I don't typically add requests for specific styles to our request index because we have a limit on the number of characters that can be in that post, but the devs do read this thread from time to time, and so I hope they'll see your request. :)

• sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Hey @BryonyRae. Just wondering if EA ever fixed the problem of no-one showing up at Generic lots?
  • SweetLemonSimSweetLemonSim Posts: 55 Member
    > @BryonyRae said:
    > @SweetLemonSim you're definitely in the right place! I don't typically add requests for specific styles to our request index because we have a limit on the number of characters that can be in that post, but the devs do read this thread from time to time, and so I hope they'll see your request. :)

Yeah, let's hope :wink:
    Maybe something like this (but with matching woodtrim):
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tUJqgLqurEM/VaqqM75H_SI/AAAAAAAGqms/92-vdS1lv8I/s1600/MTS_plasticbox-1551777-door-citizen_01.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1I0cWWmhENA/VaqqM-TnwlI/AAAAAAAGqmk/hOvGmQ7KTiI/s1600/MTS_plasticbox-1551778-door-citizen_02.jpg
    edited August 2017
    I dunno if this is intended or what but I am having a hard time with a disappearing roof line

No wall on closet
    bgwn7NW.png
    Normal roof
    TWPO8NB.png
    Add wall to closet
    v23oicT.png
    Roof disappears over partitioned room (closet)
    8gBZgF5.png

I do not understand.

I wish that if the wall/room is below the roof, it does not stick above roof - otherwise being able to extend the roof trim beyond the "roof wall" is very limited

Even more confusing, replace that wall with a spandrel and the roof is fine once more. wut?
    OExTXVO.png
    Z2Jmeny.png

The once piece of CC I would DL in a heartbeat is a soffit spandrel (solid)

Fine, half wall it is
    ezN3qdo.png
    KT7q2Rm.png
    Origin ID NectereSim
    @sawdust according to this Tweet, it's considered to be working as designed:
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    @sawdust according to this Tweet, it's considered to be working as designed:

Thanks. Can you explain it's purpose then? Sims 3 usually had rabbitholes on such lots which made it viable not to have Sims randomly visit. If the Generic lot could be designated as a club venue it would make sense not to have random visitors show up, but they can't. I can think of no scenario in the game whereby one would want a lot that no-one shows up at. What am I missing?