Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complaint To This Game

As a software developer, I do have a complaint to this game. Within my company software, when an employee that address a bug, we fix it within two week regardless if it is a game or not as we all knew it was a priority to fix a bug straight away.

But somehow I been complaining to EA with their ultraspeed time bug for TWO YEARS. They have given me a work around but it doesn't work. I have given them my save file but I haven't received a thanks for trying to help that development team.

To The Sims Department as a software developer. Customers have spent money on the game, you shouldn't been leaving them broken on sales. You need really to sort your crap out, stop developing new packs if there are expansion games are already broken.

It is very clear to me that The Sims 4/EA doesnt care about that as profit is only on their mind. I am really sad that my all time favourite game is destroyed now as The Sims 2 was from Maxis, they have very creative minds with this game but since EA took over, they clearly ruined it by only looking for profit.

EA staff, feel free to close this thread to hide my opinion or even ban me as you know... my opinion is a complete accurate fact. As a software developer, I shouldnt be lecturing you as you should have more common sense since I am only a "student software developer"

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    They don't do individual fixes I'm afraid so...best of luck complaining :D
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Doesn't cover the fact that there was a bug for over two years? Regardless individual or not.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    In all companies I've been in, there's something called bugs prioritization. The main point is to evaluate the severity and the priority of each bug to determine which one to fix now, and which one will have to wait. If every bug is a priority, that just means none of them are, and that's not a good thing regardless if it's a game or not.
  • Options
    A lot of people been complaining about ultraspeed bug for over two years unless you found another bug that exists over two years which shows which is priority or not?
  • Options
    Plus people like myself that reported the ultra time speed bug became 'unplayable' for the game, so how is that not a high priority?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Priority isn't just "how long it exists", there are many other criteria taken into account : how impactful, how many people impacted, whether there's a workaround, how complicated the fix is, if it's something that's going to undergo major rework in the future, etc.

Ultraspeed bug isn't a bug anyway, it's a symptom. It can happens for lots of reasons. They have fixed some, they are investigating others. And they're always keeping a close eye to performance through telemetry.
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    at this point i'd say the reasons these problems have not been solved is likely because they haven't been able to find a solution to them yet. there's so many issues that they've acknowledged and been able to reproduce that I would hope they all aren't just being ignored.
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »
    Priority isn't just "how long it exists", there are many other criteria taken into account : how impactful, how many people impacted, whether there's a workaround, how complicated the fix is, if it's something that's going to undergo major rework in the future, etc.

Ultraspeed bug isn't a bug anyway, it's a symptom. It can happens for lots of reasons. They have fixed some, they are investigating others. And they're always keeping a close eye to performance through telemetry.

Do you have any evidence to confirm that as I do know they know about this bug and what is causing it but they never confirmed what they have fixed.

A bug like that, they shouldn't been developing on another EP or SP as people did complain it got worst once they have parenthood GP even those people have high spec PC.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I would do this:

If Ultra-Speed leads to or can lead to errors and bugs that can be catastrophic in the long-term - then it simply would go.

Based on the fact that the Fast-Speed option works, I would potentially copy that method and simply re-calculate it to the point that it breaks.

If it ends up being a x2.78 speed then so be it.

I would not necessarily be trying to de-bug Ultra-Speed if Fast-Speed works fine - I would simply re-build it from scratch based on Fast-Speed.

It would be a simple case of increasing it to the point of breaking and then allowing it run stable - even if it means Ultra-Speed is a lower speed that it currently is (but above Fast-Speed).

SO, THE QUESTION HERE IS - "What are the ill-effects of Ultra-Speed?".
    Does Ultra-Speed bork gameplay, cause instability or lead to catastrophic problems?

I'd like to rule out any hardware possibilities - such as overclocked CPUs, etc.

• Options
    TutanoTutano Posts: 61 Member
    I very much agree with Finbar659. This bug is one of the worst and the accumulation of other minor bugs are ending the fun of playing the sims. This happened to TS3 and is repeating now. TS3 today is a non-playable game.

A lot of the bugs should be prioritized right now before launching another DLC.
  • Options
    @plopppo2 still trolling to this day?
  • Options
    @Tutano never came across this problem on The Sims 3, only came across it with The Sims 4 - has there anyone that had that problem besides you? As I do know The Sims 3 is a buggy game at times
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Are we seriously making excuses for a bug that's existed since release and definitely has a rather sizeable impact on our ability to enjoy the game...?

Complexity to fix is practically a non-issue at this point. If it's an impossible fix without a huge undertaking, then at the very least they could do the common courtesy of informing us as much.

This has existed for almost three years now. Outside of working for NASA, I can think of zero areas of employment that would consider an issue failing to be resolved for 3 years to be acceptable.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    @DeservedCriticism has been making a thread about this as a lot of people been replying to that thread on how EA remains silence about it. All I seen was a workaround from EA in that thread that didnt work for three years.
  • Options
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    @plopppo2 still trolling to this day?
    Explain.
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member

Dude, I would say that not being able to use ultraspeed is pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 impactful, as it affect a lot of people. We are not speaking about the shadow of a chair, but something that a lot of people use. Priority should be what impact the gameplay, the ultraspeed does, I saw them fix a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 chair shadow, but some bugs and glitches that do affect the gameplay are still unfixed to this day.

I was surprise that they fixed a lot in the last patch, but some do still need to be fixed, ultraspeed being one of them, but also some like the reward trait from friend of the world which have been bug since the release of the game, almost three years now, it's a reward trait from an aspiration, some people want to use it to ''fix'' the culling issue, but can't cause it's not working.

gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    @Finbar659
    It's not "a" bug, it's a symptom, it's your computer that can't run the simulation fast enough (either because there's an usual spike in the simulation, or your computer isn't powerful enough). There isn't one thing that is causing it. They are constantly improving performance, some examples from the patch notes :
    "We addressed an issue that could cause the game to freeze while playing the Doctor Career or when hiring a Nanny in some languages."
    "Performance improvement: Movement level 1 toddlers should no longer contemplate the use of objects on floors they can't reach."
    "Non-active Sims with violin and guitar skill will no longer silently horde violins and guitars in their inventories."
    "We have continued to improve performance through various optimizations."
    "Gameplay decision making has been made more responsive"
  • Options
    @Tutano never came across this problem on The Sims 3, only came across it with The Sims 4 - has there anyone that had that problem besides you? As I do know The Sims 3 is a buggy game at times

I wasnt talking about this bug in TS3 but the acummulation of bugs in the game. Big and small bugs. The 4th generation is going the same way. Big bugs like that, reported years ago, and no solution until now.
  • Options
    I still don't get what the major problem(s) with Ultra-Speed is/are - does anyone actually know?

I know the game clock can sometimes go back an hour, etc - ie when Sims are sleeping and you are Ultra-Speeding.
  • Options
    @Neia it's easy for you to say that my computer 'is not powerful to run it' as like you already know my computer specification, like I am making an excuse saying that it's the games fault.

My game performance is incredibly smooth with the animations and everything, not a single lag - but the ultraspeed bug is still there.

What you just listed from the patch notes didn't cover the fact that they have fix the ultraspeed bug? that existed in the past two years which lot of players said it became unplayable especially to those who has high spec computers - lot higher than mine! Priority wise - shouldn't you be thinking that should be high priority if many players are finding the game unplayable alongside other unplayable bugs.

But nice try to tell me "my computer is unable to run it"
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Finbar659
    Like I've said a couple of times already, there isn't one ultraspeed bug. What you call the ultraspeed bug is an umbrella of plenty of different "bugs" or situations that can result in the simulation lagging, which is obviously far more visible when you attempt to run the game 36 times faster than when you run it at speed 1. That's why you see it more when using ultraspeed, though you can definitely find some that are visible even at speed 1 (like what happens sometimes when doing homework). And the lower one's processor, the higher the risk that the simulation lag become visible.

I don't have all the data they have, but I bet, priority wise, fixing the bugs that cause lag at speed 1 is far more important to them than fixing the bugs that are only visible in ultraspeed. They have the data anyway, there's telemetry everywhere in the clock class. They know how much time you spend at each speed, how much time you spend lagging, etc.

I never said your computer was unable to run it by the way, I thought you would be familiar with "or" statements as a software developer ;)
    Post edited by Neia on
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited July 2017
    Tutano wrote: »
    I very much agree with Finbar659. This bug is one of the worst and the accumulation of other minor bugs are ending the fun of playing the sims. This happened to TS3 and is repeating now. TS3 today is a non-playable game.

A lot of the bugs should be prioritized right now before launching another DLC.

@Tutano TS3 is non-playable? Funny, I can play TS3 just fine w/ 9 EPs, SPs, store items, a lot of cc and so can the multiple players in the TS3 forum that post about their game every single day, those w/ and without mods.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    As a software developer, I do have a complaint to this game. Within my company software, when an employee that address a bug, we fix it within two week regardless if it is a game or not as we all knew it was a priority to fix a bug straight away.

But somehow I been complaining to EA with their ultraspeed time bug for TWO YEARS. They have given me a work around but it doesn't work. I have given them my save file but I haven't received a thanks for trying to help that development team.

To The Sims Department as a software developer. Customers have spent money on the game, you shouldn't been leaving them broken on sales. You need really to sort your plum out, stop developing new packs if there are expansion games are already broken.

It is very clear to me that The Sims 4/EA doesnt care about that as profit is only on their mind. I am really sad that my all time favourite game is destroyed now as The Sims 2 was from Maxis, they have very creative minds with this game but since EA took over, they clearly ruined it by only looking for profit.

EA staff, feel free to close this thread to hide my opinion or even ban me as you know... my opinion is a complete accurate fact. As a software developer, I shouldnt be lecturing you as you should have more common sense since I am only a "student software developer"

ask rosemow for help,
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    lasummerb wrote: »
    @Tutano TS3 is non-playable? Funny, I can play TS3 just fine w/ 9 EPs, SPs, store items, a lot of cc and so can the multiple players in the TS3 forum that post about their game every single day, those w/ and without mods.

Maybe i´m one of the cursed player.

Have you ever tried to read this section:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/bugs-issues.
    Its a bug section of a game that isnt in production anymore where people are reporting bugs that happens since the games launches.

Can I play TS3 in your PC?
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    @Finbar659
    It's not "a" bug, it's a symptom, it's your computer that can't run the simulation fast enough (either because there's an usual spike in the simulation, or your computer isn't powerful enough). There isn't one thing that is causing it. They are constantly improving performance, some examples from the patch notes :
    "We addressed an issue that could cause the game to freeze while playing the Doctor Career or when hiring a Nanny in some languages."
    "Performance improvement: Movement level 1 toddlers should no longer contemplate the use of objects on floors they can't reach."
    "Non-active Sims with violin and guitar skill will no longer silently horde violins and guitars in their inventories."
    "We have continued to improve performance through various optimizations."
    "Gameplay decision making has been made more responsive"

That's absolutely nonsense that they're trying to cover up their inability to work that engine of theirs. Time and simulation bugs occur on a whole spectrum of different PC specs. I can run a lot more complex simulations than our wonderful The Sims Lite that dropped a bunch of features in favour of stability, that now runs worse than its predecessor with less stuff in it.

In reality, if you meet the spec requirements, THIS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING. If it is and the devs want to blame computer power on it, raise the minimum spec requirements, because breaking the main feature of the game (simulation itself) is unacceptable. Though they could raise the specs 8X over and I would still be above it, so once again, unless they're going to say that The Sims 4 is so ultra mega complex that it needs PCs that don't exist yet, they're only making excuses.