Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living Hats Change Hair Color and Style

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited July 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Something I really liked about TS4 was we could put any hat or head gear on a Sim and it wouldn't change a long style to a short buzzed style etc. In others we have been fortunate to be able to put any hat brim or otherwise on any style until City Living.

Many of the new headwear in City Living changes the style, O.K., sure, someone puts their hair under the turban, I got it, but it looks like their hairstyle was not shoved up into the turban but they actually may have buzzed it and gave females what looks like male sideburns with it and looks like they had a major cut.

But that's not the worsed of it, a blond shouldn't change to black hair peeking out from the turban, just because they put on a turban, right? But they do. What's up with that?

Also, some of the styles for females with those flowers actually don't display the color of flower in the icon. How is this supposed to work without swatches for the flower color? Example one shows red flowers in the icon, I placed that hairstyle on a Sim and it wasn't red but black flowers...what?

I tried another Sim and hers was orange, what? How am I supposed to know what color they will get? Where are the swatches? And why are those hairstyles (can't remember which packs) not displaying the color of flower on the Sim seen in the icon? It's crazy. :o

It's not living up to the promise you can put hats on any style when using a turban changes the blonds or anyone to black hair, and when those styles with flowers never display the flower in the icon.

Thank you.

Suggestion, it would be grand if we could get a filter pack toggle in CAS like we have in build mode...think about it. Then I would be able to tell you which hairstyle we are searching for in CAS. Thanks.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    There is a pack filter in CAS.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    There is a pack filter in CAS.

Exactly where is it located?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2017
    you press the little green arrow (or at least I think it's green, can't remember) and theres an option to filter by pack
    it's under the outfit categories
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    I don't have a little green arrow, anyone got a picture?
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    @Cinebar , I have pictures, but I don't know how to post them here. I will do my best to describe it:
    If you click on hair or clothing, it brings up a column on the right with pictures of the different choices. At the top of the column, you will see the icons for Everyday, Formal, Sleep, etc.; and then it will say something like "Hairstyle" (if you are looking at hair) and under that it will say either "Feminine", or "Masculine" -- directly to the left of Masculine or Feminine, there is a tiny triangle arrow ... click on that! That will bring down another box that has all sorts of categories, including packs! <3 I hope this makes sense! If it doesn't please tell me how to upload a picture from my captures folder and onto this site , or wait until someone who already knows how to upload pictures can show you! ;) Best of luck!
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
    I'll check what you say @PugLove888 but I have never seen it, and all I have is the filter for masculine or feminine. I was hoping to filter thru outfits for particular outfits that came in particular packs. But anyway, I hope they fix the turban oversight. Blonds shouldn't change to black hair peeking thru when they put on turban. :/
  • lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    edited July 2017
    I found a picture

die-sims-4-outdoor-retreat-filteroption.jpg

Something is wrong in your game if you don't have these options

Didn't realize it was in german :sweat_smile: you can see what I mean though
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
    I found a picture

die-sims-4-outdoor-retreat-filteroption.jpg

Something is wrong in your game if you don't have these options

Didn't realize it was in german :sweat_smile: you can see what I mean though

Thank you! I don't have that...I will try it again.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited July 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'll check what you say @PugLove888 but I have never seen it, and all I have is the filter for masculine or feminine. I was hoping to filter thru outfits for particular outfits that came in particular packs. But anyway, I hope they fix the turban oversight. Blonds shouldn't change to black hair peeking thru when they put on turban. :/

Here is some pics.

RIY66Cw.jpg
    DYTdEFC.jpg

If you don't have this filter option, then something is def wrong.
    Hope this helps, and btw, I totally agree about the CL hairstyles and turbans. I never use them because of that black hair and sideburns. I really hope it gets fixed

Eta And once you click the little arrow, scroll down to the bottom of the filter menu. That's the menu shown in the pics. Then click on packs, and from there you can tick off packs individually.

Etaa lol everyone was faster than me.
    edited July 2017
    If I click the arrow it removes the male or female filter and I can't go back to just male or female and doesn't offer a pack filter. ETA: It's been that way in my game since the gender patch..I have never been able to click on pack selections in CAS.
    If I click the arrow it removes the male or female filter and I can't go back to just male or female and doesn't offer a pack filter. ETA: It's been that way in my game since the gender patch..I have never been able to click on pack selections in CAS.

Donyou have the options to filter by color, style, etc.?
  • lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    Do you have any UI mods? As far as I know it could even be a random piece of CC causing weird issues. If you don't use any mods/CC I can't think of anything else.
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
    @Cinebar Clicking on the green arrow shouldn't remove the masculine and feminine filter, or any filter, in itself. You need to click the x on them, or tick them off in the menu. Clicking the arrow should only bring up the menu. When you click on the green arrow, does the filter menu even come up?
    @Cinebar , I was going to ask what @SparklePlumley asked! It isn't the masculine and feminine tags themselves that you click on, but the little triangle arrow next to them! :) (The triangle arrow is not green until you hover your cursor over it!) Once you click the arrow and filter your selection, more tags like the feminine and masculine tags will be added like "Swimwear" or "Get to Work" or "Vampires" etc.
    I hope you don't have a serious problem with your game! :o:'(

Also, I only use turbans if the hair of the Sim matches that of the hair the turban changes it to. :( My OCD won't let me use them if the hair doesn't match! LOL :D

Best of luck!
    @Cinebar Clicking on the green arrow shouldn't remove the masculine and feminine filter, or any filter, in itself. You need to click the x on them, or tick them off in the menu. Clicking the arrow should only bring up the menu. When you click on the green arrow, does the filter menu even come up?

No.
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    @Cinebar , I was going to ask what @SparklePlumley asked! It isn't the masculine and feminine tags themselves that you click on, but the little triangle arrow next to them! :) (The triangle arrow is not green until you hover your cursor over it!) Once you click the arrow and filter your selection, more tags like the feminine and masculine tags will be added like "Swimwear" or "Get to Work" or "Vampires" etc.
    I hope you don't have a serious problem with your game! :o:'(

Also, I only use turbans if the hair of the Sim matches that of the hair the turban changes it to. :( My OCD won't let me use them if the hair doesn't match! LOL :D

Best of luck!

Yeah, I'm often screaming at the screen why a blond changed to a brunette just because I made one wear a turban. It's a lack of common sense in my opinion but I guess it was time, budget, or oversight.

No.

Well something is definitely wrong, if you are positive you are clicking on the arrow, and nit on thr tags themselves. Maybe try a repair on your game?

No.

Well something is definitely wrong, if you are positive you are clicking on the arrow, and nit on thr tags themselves. Maybe try a repair on your game?

I will again since it is broken for the umpteenth time, maybe the option is back but all last month I didnt have this option. I thought I did before but I didn't the other day after I installed two more stuff packs. Yes, my game is repaired daily almost if I load the game.
    I circled the arrow on one of the pics i posted above. Just to make sure you know, for positive, where to click.
    MGGj5N6.jpg
    I circled the arrow on one of the pics i posted above. Just to make sure you know, for positive, where to click.
    MGGj5N6.jpg

Yeah, last time I played it did nothing.
    MGGj5N6.jpg

Yeah, last time I played it did nothing.

Hmm. If you use mods or cc, maybe one is broken. I'd remove the mods folder to check. If you don't have mods/cc, or if you removed them, and it still doesn't work, I'd post about it in bugs and issues. Im not a techie, so maybe they can help you. I really hate this isn't working for you. I know I would get extremley aggravated if I had to sift through all the CAS stuff one by one. Good Luck!
    @Cinebar , that is very upsetting that your filter wont work! I'd be furious! :# I hope you get it fixed! :'(

Sometimes, I have removed the gender filter like to give a guy long hair etc. But when I click the arrow you guys have provided it does nothing. I haven't play this month, maybe it got fixed. I will update info whenever I play again.
    Cinebar, I really hope you are able to get this fixed! :( That arrow should work and I can't figure out why it wouldn't! :/ Best of luck! <3
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Yeah I agree with you about the city living turbans. Idk why they'd make that design choice, but hopefully they can change it in a patch later. Also try repairing your game, it might help. ;)