Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nothing new in this patch...

Comments

• Options
    vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    Still no fix for the rabbithole invites (to circus etc) I've still never had one work :'(
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • Options
    DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    Anduar wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    No butler fix, and no suspect fix for the detective career. I am a disappoint.
    They fixed the suspect issue...by taking it out entirely...strange.
    Wait, what? What do you mean by that?
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Well I am glad at some of the bug fixes. Shinya can take his wife out to play darts now!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Since I'm playing a kleptomaniac who just married a vampire, I'm happy they fixed the kleptomaniac bug -- I'd noticed that a lamp she took from her parents' house didn't show up in inventory. And she wasn't able to plan a wedding either. Also, awesome news about the doctor fix.

I was playing a klepto vampire (he'd stop into a place for a midnight snack and pick up goodies >:) ) but gave it up when he never got the stuff he picked up -- might have to try that again.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    So, we finally get the big bug fix patch with 0 new features and people are still unsatisfied... I'm sure that with these fixes some of you are able to play the game again right? It's not like the game is broken beyond repair and unplayable.

Mine is. The 8am school bug made me stop playing the game.
  • Options
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    I know not everything is about me :wink: but I'm pretty disappointed they didn't adress the lag/school bug (buy parenthood and the toddler pack though! -_-) really disappointed actually. 2 packs geared towards family, but having kids in school is a nightmare..... Wow.
    Or the detective career bug. They took out interrogate suspect during tutorial? I'm a little confused by that.... Maybe they can only fix one career at a time, they're just so very busy apparently.

Same. That school bug is a deal breaker for me. I can deal with them standing around for a bit with other stuff but doing nothing for an hour and THEN maybe going to school is too much.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I know not everything is about me :wink: but I'm pretty disappointed they didn't adress the lag/school bug (buy parenthood and the toddler pack though! -_-) really disappointed actually. 2 packs geared towards family, but having kids in school is a nightmare..... Wow.
    Or the detective career bug. They took out interrogate suspect during tutorial? I'm a little confused by that.... Maybe they can only fix one career at a time, they're just so very busy apparently.

Same. That school bug is a deal breaker for me. I can deal with them standing around for a bit with other stuff but doing nothing for an hour and THEN maybe going to school is too much.

That's one bug I haven't experienced with either of my current families -- any school/education mods that might be glitching?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Im happy to see Get To Work finally get some attention :)

But it still has a whole bunch of bugs, so hopefully another bug fixes patch is on the way.

I never understood the logic of releasing new content, when existing content didn't work properly.

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Sadly these bugs that were fixed didn't even affect me cuz I don't even play with GTW jobs and vampires anymore. :D But hey, I know a lot of people who still play the careers have loads of bugs, so I hope their problems are fixed now.

I think the only one that is a big enough deal is my sims can now sit down while playing the game console. But that didn't really bother me that much in the first place anyways. There are other bugs that are more annoying like the weird fashion sense at festivals (even tho it's also amusing).
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited July 2017
    All in all, I think it was a pretty meh patch. Though I do like you can also play Darts with other Sims again.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    I won't play those aspects as they are minor to me at this point, except the TV fix, nice one! I'm big on Parenting now and want it to function more smoothly.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2017
    Ironically, the things they fixed in this patch are things modders have already created mods for. I had a mod for pretty much everything listed in the patch notes. So I guess I'll just remove the mods and hope the things are ACTUALLY fixed and wait once again for them to fix something others haven't already fixed.
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member

When it's almost time for school (around 7:50) make your window veeeery tiny. That way the game will snap back to it's usual rate. It might get stuck for a few seconds but that's it. When the kids are at school you can enlarge the window again :smile:
    I know it's an annoying workaround but at least it helps.

Orrrr just save. I noticed yesterday when I press save when the game was stuck again it paused and played normally again.
    Hope this'll work out for you!
  • Options
    Or enable cheats and right click any sim that is stuck and Reset. That always works.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Ironically, the things they fixed in this patch are things modders have already created mods for. I had a mod for pretty much everything listed in the patch notes. So I guess I'll just remove the mods and hope the things are ACTUALLY fixed and wait once again for them to fix something others haven't already fixed.

I actually do have a mod for the basketball bug because it was driving me crazy.

The only other bugs I've experienced are the darts bug (which I didn't realize was a bug because I only tried it once) and the video game console bug (which didn't bother me, but it's nice all the same).
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    But yeah, I'm glad they took the time to fix certain things.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Fix parenthood related items and behaviors.
  • Options
    Toreshinbo wrote: »

When it's almost time for school (around 7:50) make your window veeeery tiny. That way the game will snap back to it's usual rate. It might get stuck for a few seconds but that's it. When the kids are at school you can enlarge the window again :smile:
    I know it's an annoying workaround but at least it helps.

Orrrr just save. I noticed yesterday when I press save when the game was stuck again it paused and played normally again.
    Hope this'll work out for you!

I will definitely try this! Thank you!
  • Options
    Marktn wrote: »
    Or enable cheats and right click any sim that is stuck and Reset. That always works.

I always have that on because at some point during the day they will get stuck lol But resetting them doesn't work with this particular bug.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Before you all freak out like I did, you get nothing new. Just bug fixes, which I totally wouldn't mind except 'Bug Fixes Patches' tend to break more than they fix...so yea.

Have you checked for hidden new features? Eg in bed animations,clicking on your SIM and looking for new interactions etc.
  • Options
    szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    Rinellie wrote: »
    I think this is a great patch. I'm really happy to see so many bug fixes!

Me too, I really liked it *-*
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    So, we finally get the big bug fix patch with 0 new features and people are still unsatisfied... I'm sure that with these fixes some of you are able to play the game again right? It's not like the game is broken beyond repair and unplayable.

What bug is that?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »

What bug is that?

If your household has children, around 8 am there will be a huge freeze where all Sims just stand around while the clock ticks by. Eventually they will unfreeze and the clock will rewind a bit. It used to only affect households with children (at least for me) but now it's affecting teens too.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member

@tiffrenee07 I keep hearing about a school bug. What exactly is the problem? I don't have any school age kids, only a toddler right now. I've seen kids out and about in different cities when they should be in school. Is that part of the issue or are the kids just not going to school?
  • Options
    siva20092403siva20092403 Posts: 631 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »

What bug is that?

If your household has children, around 8 am there will be a huge freeze where all Sims just stand around while the clock ticks by. Eventually they will unfreeze and the clock will rewind a bit. It used to only affect households with children (at least for me) but now it's affecting teens too.

Did you report this bug to the developers? Are they aware of it?