Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    First chapter of Dove's Daily Diary is up! These will be short snippets of adorable life with toddler and teens.

Love this chapter! It really helps fill in the plot!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    I've got a new chapter, too: Septemus 16

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Posted Dove's first message to Bizoogapatogo: she's trying to find the program so that she can adopt from them!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Hey, all. Sorry, it's been days and like 2 pages worth of posts to read to catch up! Y'all have been busy. We still have no water. We're using the neighbor's and it's very stressful because apparently the guy we thought was the homeowner that agreed to let us hook up to the water didn't mention that he's just a roommate! I'm expecting at any time for them to knock on the door and say we can't use it anymore, for which I wouldn't blame them. Anyway, this has all made it nearly impossible for me to relax and just play on the computer. Might sound weird but I'm a nervous wreck and have just been burying myself in books.

I'm just hoping nobody is waiting desperately for any responses from Brian? I'll check on there now to see but as to posting another chapter, I doubt I'll be able to relax until we get the new well put in. :/
    Hey, all. Sorry, it's been days and like 2 pages worth of posts to read to catch up! Y'all have been busy. We still have no water. We're using the neighbor's and it's very stressful because apparently the guy we thought was the homeowner that agreed to let us hook up to the water didn't mention that he's just a roommate! I'm expecting at any time for them to knock on the door and say we can't use it anymore, for which I wouldn't blame them. Anyway, this has all made it nearly impossible for me to relax and just play on the computer. Might sound weird but I'm a nervous wreck and have just been burying myself in books.

I'm just hoping nobody is waiting desperately for any responses from Brian? I'll check on there now to see but as to posting another chapter, I doubt I'll be able to relax until we get the new well put in. :/

Oh, Rainy! I can just imagine how stressful that is. I'm get very stressed out whenever our water (or electricity) is out, too--even if just a few days. And you've been facing this for about a week!

Hope it all gets resolved soon and that your neighbors are generous and kind!

• allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @Rainydayz179 no pressure from what I can tell for Brian to respond to things--just take care of yourself!

All these ideas regarding clones are so cool! I agree that the clone/alien plot should be non-intrusive, but semi-clear boundaries would help anyone that feels compelled to take part in that plot, too. Call me sadistic, but I really like the idea of it being a refugee ship as well. It adds another layer to the challenge, more depth to the overall arc that we're all using for the collaboration!
    Dove needs a reply on bizoogapatogo for my next bit of story.
    41tidg8.jpg
    edited July 2017
    Dove needs a reply on bizoogapatogo for my next bit of story.

Sebastion will head over there! He doesn't have much info to give, but I'll have his reply up in a jiffy!

EDIT: It also looks like CodyMcTesterson replied...

Thanks!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited July 2017
    Finally got my first real challenge chapter up! I took a little too much time between playing and writing so there's a section or two I'm not entirely 100% pleased with BUT it's content so I'm happy, haha!

The Xilla Project: Infant 87
    07-04-17_6-36-05c2a0pm.png?w=1000&h=500&crop=1

I need to make a page for this story on my blog but I'm feeling too lazy... :tongue: Must... gather... energy!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    More Dove's Daily Diary! Meet the newest addition to the bizoopagotogo clan: Kedi!
    41tidg8.jpg
    More Dove's Daily Diary! Meet the newest addition to the bizoopagotogo clan: Kedi!

Yay for Kedi! (and Dove) And @Meggles Yay for #87!

edited July 2017
    More Daily Diary, and more Kedi! (Yes, her name does mean cat.) Also, my last post on the forums contains the same Kedi picture. (Cute Kedi.)
    41tidg8.jpg
    "No More Junk Food" is my latest chapter!

"I took Emmanuel in for his first medical check-up since he left the Non-Verbal Group. The doctor first met with Emmanuel and I together, then asked me to leave the room. Apparently this was because Emmanuel could talk and they wanted to test him freely without my influence. A few minutes later they opened the door. The first thing the doctor said? “No more junk food, he’s gaining too much weight.” Needless to say, I’ve felt like the worst mom on the entire planet ever since. I cried all through Manny’s nap..."
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Heya - I'm still around. Still pondering how to weave my two stories together... AND get enough time to play them to see what happens. I'm a couple days into Leon's toddlerhood, but I'm kind also working backwards. I might not be able to post much till I see the end of this since I'm kind of writing out of order...of course it might not END up being out of order in the final version, but it's kind of fun to see the story unfold this way.

What I DO know is that Blaze won't be reaching out to the other parents. Leon (the child) will when he gets older. I've set it up that he was in a life support pod thing when they crashed and he was in stasis, so they didn't wake him (or the other stasis children) until they knew how to do that safely. Helps explain away age differences so you're welcome to the idea.

Penelope still will be reaching out as her kid is not part of the official study, government plan, so she's more lost and looking for little Hannah's parents.

Just had an idea as I was noodling today. Might there be a special high school that some of our kids could go to? I remember reading a book as a kid (The Girl with the Silver Eyes - if you're curious). The kids in that book find others who are weird like them and then the story ends with them talking about maybe trying out the special school that the scientist type adults wanted them to join. They knew some of it would be like being lab rats but if I recall correctly they decided to try it out. The book, of course, ended at this time. But I wondered since I have two kids, if they might not just put some of them together and see what happens. Not all of them of course, different studies, different countries....but...does this mesh with anyone's story? Maybe just for the final years of HS? Let me know if you're interested.

That said I am having a terrible time not clicking on poor Leon's portrait. It's not normally me physically clicking on him, but sometimes I'll spacebar to move the plumbob from over Blaze's head and then I'll realize that selected Leon. Gah. And I'm dying to know how he's doing on his traits! So far i've clicked off without spoiling anything.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Heya - I'm still around. Still pondering how to weave my two stories together... AND get enough time to play them to see what happens. I'm a couple days into Leon's toddlerhood, but I'm kind also working backwards. I might not be able to post much till I see the end of this since I'm kind of writing out of order...of course it might not END up being out of order in the final version, but it's kind of fun to see the story unfold this way.

What I DO know is that Blaze won't be reaching out to the other parents. Leon (the child) will when he gets older.

Oh, this sounds awesome! I'm thinking of continuing with a sequel with Septemus as a YA.

I've set it up that he was in a life support pod thing when they crashed and he was in stasis, so they didn't wake him (or the other stasis children) until they knew how to do that safely. Helps explain away age differences so you're welcome to the idea.

Yeah! This was exactly how I was imagining it, too! And I was imagining that the agency just held them in the pods until they had places for them. I was also thinking that some could get training or lessons while in the pod--for example, Septemus received language lessons in transit.
    Penelope still will be reaching out as her kid is not part of the official study, government plan, so she's more lost and looking for little Hannah's parents.

Just had an idea as I was noodling today. Might there be a special high school that some of our kids could go to? I remember reading a book as a kid (The Girl with the Silver Eyes - if you're curious). The kids in that book find others who are weird like them and then the story ends with them talking about maybe trying out the special school that the scientist type adults wanted them to join. They knew some of it would be like being lab rats but if I recall correctly they decided to try it out. The book, of course, ended at this time. But I wondered since I have two kids, if they might not just put some of them together and see what happens. Not all of them of course, different studies, different countries....but...does this mesh with anyone's story? Maybe just for the final years of HS? Let me know if you're interested.

This sounds cool! I'm not sure how much it meshes with my story: Sebastion and Septemus live in a xenophiliac community, and Sebastion is all about integration, plus, Septemus, so far at least, has fallen in love with the progressive public school that he's attending.

But I could see them looking for a club or summer camp or something like that.

I'm not sure how the timing will go--I've been holding off playing to let others catch up. Septemus has just finished his first day of childhood--and his first day of school. I've got a few other stories I'll be working on this week, but I'm guessing by the weekend, I'll be itching to get back to these two!

Sounds like you're having fun and cooking up great stories, even with the challenge of not clicking little Leon's portrait! :)

• MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @ra3rei The school thing works well for me as I have 5 in the neighborhood. Great idea! :smiley: I suppose in mine they would have school together in a small group but when they get older I can imagine them going to meet others. I like it!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    @ra3rei Emmanuel is a bit younger than some of the others, but I'm really liking the special High School idea.

Having a segregated elementary school is a great idea as well, especially since his mother isn't comfortable sending him to a regular school in the community; she keeps him fairly hidden. He becomes a child in a few weeks, so I think his mother will be sending him there. If anyone else is interested in using that in their plot, feel free to "meet" Emmanuel, or get a hold of Elliot via PM on the biz forum to talk about schooling. I'd be more than happy to collab in that way.
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Oh! I almost forgot Blaze and Leon are on the gallary in toddler form at the moment. Blaze has some cc, but that should be mainly in his diguise (hair) and his green eyes. So it wouldn't be a problem. If you download him and notice outfits without shirts or pants or shoes, that's probably becuase I gave him versions of the same outfits in states of undress. He's a toddler. He takes his clothes off. Lol.

I'll upload him when he ages to child and teen as well. I know he's going to a normal school at least at first but I'm excited to send him to a bigger school someday with others like him.

Penelope and Hannah are Not yet on the gallery. :/
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    edited July 2017
    Dove's Daily Diary 5 is up, with some experimental vocabulary! Once I settle a couple of questions with @CathyTea , I'll post something so that we can update the vocab list! So far, we have the new words jisa (food) gisa (a drink) jisu (to eat) gisu (to drink) jipa (to nourish) yo (a negator) and the present tense verb ending ki, which is simply appended to the infinitive form of the verb given above. pinion?
    I'm pretty pumped! Yesterday @CathyTea and I sorted out some basic groundwork for the language, so it should be easier to add words in the future. It should end up being a language highly based on compounding concepts, very subject-focused. Yay!
    Post edited by Xantheanmar on
    41tidg8.jpg
    Wow, great work hashing out a language for the little ones! All of your hard work will help your stories be more immersive. @Xantheanmar I already commented on your blog, but I love how you introduced the language in your story. Can't wait to see more!
    Dove's Daily Diary 5 is up, with some experimental vocabulary! Once I settle a couple of questions with @CathyTea , I'll post something so that we can update the vocab list! So far, we have the new words jisa (food) gisa (a drink) jisu (to eat) gisu (to drink) and the present tense verb ending ki, which is simply appended to the infinitive form of the verb given above. The only thing I need to sort out is whether "to nourish" should be "jipa" or "jipati" in the infinitive. What's your opinion?
    I'm pretty pumped! Yesterday @CathyTea and I sorted out some basic groundwork for the language, so it should be easier to add words in the future. It should end up being a language highly based on compounding concepts, very subject-focused. Yay!

I'm gonna have Sept start speaking English with alien language syntax and word construction! :D

Also, I think he's going to want to have a language tutor, so he can continue his language development in his native tongue... Seb might be reaching out to Dove on the bizoo forum!

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Hello, all. We're finally getting the new well dug today and so I plan to catch up on everyone's stories and figure out what Brian and Rocket will be doing. Hopefully tomorrow. Then I should have a chapter in another day or so after that. It feels weird being away from Sims for so long!
    @Rainydayz179 I'm sure! I can't wait to see what they get up to!
    Hi, everyone! :)@Xantheanmar mentioned how we're creating a language that some of our kids can speak! If you'd like to join us in creating it, just let us know and we'll add you to our PM where we're talking about it! :)