Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(ノ´∇`)ノ TDS Renovation Challenge #2: Simple Life (Update 7-21-2017)

TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
edited July 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
Current Challenge
Challenge 2: Simple Life
Due date: None. All my challenges are open to anyone at any time. However, for story purposes, I will upload Challenge 3 on August 11, so that's sort of an "unofficial due date".

If you missed any of the previous challenges, they are archived (along with all submissions) for easy access.

k4TKarA.png

Type: Residential
Size: 30 x 20
Description: After the original family moved to San Myshuno to seek better fortunes, this rustic old cottage has fallen into complete disrepair. You have been authorized to make any changes necessary to the farmhouse, but you cannot move any trees or the fishing pond. It is also requested that you include a garden and (optional) grow at least one death flower.

Download Link

Challenge 1 Epilogue
nM4nsRi.png
azVHtHl.png
LjnmNle.png
jxrXvgS.png
4MLejHU.png

Challenge 2 Prologue
EMbiJuo.png
Jjd70NP.png
kXVvY8c.png
MCeUbmC.png
nwrAw4M.png
wpudt9m.png
rpcYzZp.png
91jhIDM.png
u3aytNO.png
lCXTAgN.png
x4mIOGX.png
Ufg8GmB.png

Rules:
  1. You may make any changes to the building as you see fit. This includes all interior, exterior, and roofing designs. However, you may not resize or move the house.
  2. You may change the landscaping as you see fit. Except for trees. You can cut them down (remove them), but no transplanting (so no moving the trees, because something something realism...)!. Please also do not remove or change the location of the pond in any way.
  3. Budget of 85,000 simoleons
  4. You must have a garden somewhere for plants
  5. Use the hashtags #simplelifechallenge and #thedismalsimmer
  6. Bonus: Grow at least one (1) death flower in your garden. You can use cheats if you want.

Thank you for taking part. Love to see what the talented members of this community can come up with!
dgvibNQ.png
Post edited by TheDismalSimmer on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Instructions for Submission
    First upload your renovation to the gallery, then post this fill out this form and share it here!

Build Challenge Number:
    Title of Entry:
    Price:
    Download Link:
    Origin ID:
    Forum ID:
    Forum Showcase Link (just your general forum showcase, if you have one. I'd love to visit!):
    Other Uploader Comments:

Once you post it here, I'll put a link to your submission in the archives so everyone can admire the creativity of our community!
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Challenge Archives
    Challenge 1: Trailer Park Renovation - Link
    Challenge 1 Entries:
    Challenge 2: Simple Life - Link
    Challenge 2 Entries:
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Meet the Characters
    Ngc9Kpkm.png
    The Grim Reaper
    Whether you love him or hate him, Grim is the agent of death responsible for ferrying individuals into the netherworld once they have shuffled off this mortal coil. Not very much is known about him, as he rarely appears in physical form, but those fortunate enough to survive an encounter with Grim often find him to be somewhat cunning and mischievous. It is said that the Forgotten Grotto contains a portal to his realm. However, no one has ever found any proof and this may very well be just a legend.

2eR3HJQ.png
    Su, Xiaoyue
    Xiaoyue is a character I made for a modeling contest in The Sims 3, and the first character I recreated in The Sims 4 with the CAS demo. You've probably seen her as a tour guide in my showcase, but she's certainly more than just a pretty face! She is a talented artist, pianist, and a master of the wellness skill. She became quite renown as fashionista and model when she lived in Bridgeport, attaining a celebrity rating of 5 stars, but after years of being stalked by paparazzi and false rumors she decided to leave town and head for San Myshuno. Today, she is often found in the fashion district and arts quarter, and enjoys her career as a painter. She is overall a kind and sweet-natured individual. Her friends often describe her as someone who is very driven, with high expectations of herself and those around her.

6dqBKfVm.png
    Zhang, Shifeng
    Shifeng is the first character I created, and my go to character for play testing buildings and game features since the original Sims. He is often seen wearing dog tags, as a reference to his past service in the SimNation army, though he has been transferred to the Intelligence Agency where he serves as a Double Diamond Agent. He enjoys his time in the outdoors, and often goes on fishing trips in Granite Falls. Though very well respected in his field, he prefers a more modest lifestyle in his 1 bedroom apartment in San Myshuno. He has a tendency to be blunt with his words and comes off as somewhat cold at first. But for those who get to know him understand he's the sim who will always have their backs.

More to come with new challenges!
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Challenge 1: Trailer Park Renovation

If you missed any of the previous challenges, they are archived (along with all submissions) for easy access.

tWE1YV7.png

Type: Residential
    Size: 30 x 20
    Description: After a series of odd and seemingly paranormal events drove away the original owners, these trailers were long forgotten and have fallen into disrepair. Until now! Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to help fix up this trailer park so it may once again be a vibrant place to live! Only rules are that the trailers and trees on the lot cannot be moved. Everything else is up to you!

Download Link

Challenge 1 Prologue
    OtdakUu.png
    JPNnfGe.png
    JE89yLD.png
    YOYbXx2.png
    YFT6foc.png
    0r9UjZV.png
    ms4sUd9.png
    DtPYxMm.png
    CYXHI5E.png
    XL8eRP3.png
    dpjT8gO.png
    75sjphz.png

Rules:
    1. You may make any changes to the trailers as you see fit. This includes all interior, exterior, and roofing designs. However, you may not resize or move the trailers.
    2. You may change the landscaping as you see fit. Except for trees. You can cut them down (remove them), but cannot move them (no transplanting!). Please also do not remove or change the location of the pond in any way,
    3. Unlimited budget!
    4. Use the hashtags #simplelifechallenge and #thedismalsimmer
    5. Bonus: Get rid of the voodoo doll and removed the cursed lot trait.

Entries list:
    @Agrippine_23 - Link
    @Artemis_Dreamer - Link
    @LadyEmillye - Link
    @shakerella - Link
    @steskens - Link
    @withlovejulien - Link
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Modern Cursed TrailerPark is a great renovation of the build ! @steskens :) The new fencing looks nice. It is great that there is are enlarged vehicles in the renovated build, and the new ground texture goes well with the new modern theme of the build. The new exterior of the trailers looks great! Very nice frog water fountain feature! Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars. The sports equipment is a nice touch near the monkey bars. The flowers are trees through the outdoors areas look very nice. Nice outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating the meals at the table in the outdoors air. Nice gardening nook for sims to enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes. Sims will enjoy seeing the birds come to the bird seed feeder. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the trailers. The black, grey and colour scheme looks nice. The blossoms on the kitchen tables are a nice touch, and the fruit bowl, hanging pans and wall knives are great home touches. The use of red in the second trailer looks so effective! Very nice living areas for sims to enjoy resting there on the sofa and armchairs , watching tv. It looks great how the half walls separate off the areas. The hanging robe is a nice touch near the shower. The bedhead wall clocks look great there, and the bed area wall pictures add a nice look to the area.
    It is a very nice renovation of the trailer park! :)
  • Options
    @steskens

Wonderful renovation! You really cleaned the place up nicely. I guess the next inhabitants will have to deal with the curse, but that's half the fun anyway!
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    @steskens I love what you've done with the place! Your trailers and landscaping look great! Sims will be much happier living here.

@The_Dismal_Scientist Sounds fun! I may just give this a go!
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • Options
    @shakerella

That's great to hear! Thank you for visiting and I hope you have fun with it!

Can't wait to see your interpretation of the trailer park.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Build Challenge Number: 1
    Title of Entry: Twin Trailer Park
    Price: $57,585
    Download Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/87063B8063E311E782CB291F6B257650
    Origin ID: LadyEmillye
    Forum ID: LadyEmillye
    Forum Showcase Link (If Applicable): Twin Trailer Park
    Other Uploader Comments:

35664273191_eaffc066ee_h.jpg

• Options
    Awesome! Now the trailer park is a happy place!
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    Twin Trailer Park is very nice! @LadyEmillye :) The renovation has improved it so well! Very nice outdoors areas! The flowers are pretty touches. Very nice community outdoors dining area. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the picnic table in the outdoors air. They will enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine or restfully doing yoga on the mat. Very nice garderning nook for sims to enjoy growing plants in the planters. The furnishing of the trailers looks very nice! Very nice sofa seats sitting areas for sims to rest and watch tv or read a book. The pictures are a nice touch on the sofa wall in the first trailer. The food picture looks very nice on the kitchen wall! The violin picture adds a nice look to the bedhead area, Sims will enjoy quietly meditating on the stool in the second trailer.
    The trailer park will be a very nice home for sims to live in now :)
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Thank you both :)
  • Options
    Build Challenge Number: 1
    Title of Entry: Challenge 1: Trailer Park
    Price: 106,279
    Download Link: Gallery Link
    Origin ID: Shakerella
    Forum ID: Shakerella
    Forum Showcase Link (If Applicable): N/A
    Find more pics on imgur
    9scYG0J.jpg

Both homes were completely gutted. We added a second floor to the trailer in the back, and were able to not resize or move it. The landscaping was redone and is enjoyed by everyone now. The trees were so large and heavy that they were unable to be moved and so the sims happily planted flowers around them. There has not been any ghost sightings as of yet. We are keeping our eyes peeled when we can.
  • Options
    Your renovation of the lot looks very nice! @shakerella :) The flowers look very pretty around the water fountain! The new fencing looks very nice. Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars. The flower bed on the edge of the trailer looks very nice. Very nice furnishing and layout of each of the trailers! The green and white colour scheme of the first trailer looks very nice. It looks great that you have added a second storey to the second trailer. The patterned coloured floor rugs add a nice look to the rooms . The red and white colour scheme of the living room tv watching nook looks very effective! Nice study desk nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. Very nice outdoor upper level sitting patio! Sims enjoy looking out at the views whilst sitting at the umbrella covered table
    It is a very nice renovated Trailer Park! :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much @rosemow
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Very creative, I like how you made one of the trailers a double-decker! Maybe now the grim reaper will let me have my tour guide back.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    @The_Dismal_Scientist Thanks! Glad you like it!
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    I'm definitely not making the deadline! :) Hopefully soon (if it's not too much of a hot mess!).
  • Options
    CreepsaCreepsa Posts: 30 Member
    Oh boy do I love renovating! This looks so fun and even though I won't make the deadline I'll definitely attempt it. I also really love the attention to the details, the storyline and everything. I hope you continue posting challenges!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @withlovejulien @Creepsa

Thanks for visiting! Definitely feel free to try out the renovation and don't worry about the "deadline" at all. Honestly it's mostly just there to give myself some motivation to get off my lazy behind and post a new challenge periodically (and I'm already behind on that...sooo not really working...).
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    @The_Dismal_Scientist I hear you on the deadline motivation! :)

Build Challenge Number:1
    Title of Entry: Hippie Commune Trailer [park! but not enough spaces]
    Price: 107,795
    Download Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/A9EA9FB56B2411E783AA291F6B257650
    Origin ID: withlovejulien
    Forum ID: @withlovejulien
    Forum Showcase Link (If Applicable): http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918369/built-with-love-withlovejulien-builds#latest
    Other Uploader Comments: The lot was taken over by hippies looking for a calmer, at-one-with-nature type of life. The first trailer is a more traditional hippie with a bit more restraint. The second trailer is a rustic, in-love-with-color, fun-with-paint, do-it-yourself hippie who never saw a surface that shouldn't be painted or decorated and the more colorful and the more paint the better! There is, of course, a food garden for getting closer to the land and assuring the most natural ingredients. The outdoor yoga and meditation really centers them. The landscaping isn't landscaping (they don't have time for that because they have to grow their food) so much as letting nature take it's course.

YbZlykN.png

More pics in the spoiler:

5lY1CVO.png

9EcOL9S.png

8kUXDYw.png

8eJvJp9.png

U7MTZIC.png

gJRx6nx.png

All of the images
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Hippie Commune Trailer looks great! @withlovejulien :) The boho theme of the build is very nice! It is a very colourful and patterned build! The flowers prints look great on rhe exterior walls of the trailers! The patterned furniture used in the build, both indoors and outside looks so great! The string of colourful penants along the windows of the second trailer looks very nice! The colourful candles on the table, the patterned stool, colourful spinning flowers, the vases of flowers and the colourful mosaic tiled flooring looks so great! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food outdoors in the air, whilst watching the bird eating seeds from the feeder. Very nice sittimg area outside the first trailer. The floor rug looks great! Sims will enjoy playing the guitar there. Very nice yoga area! Sims will enjoy restfully doing yoga on the mats, in the sunshine. The overhead strings of lights bordering the area looks pretty! They will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the gardening boxes. The furnishing of the interior of the trailers looks so very nice! The colours of the furnishings, the patterned floor rugs and the floor tiling looks so very nice!
    It is a great hippie themed colourful trailer park! :)
  • Options
    @withlovejulien

Such a colorful remodel! I like how you used movie stuff content, really fits with the theme you made.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @rosemow and @The_Dismal_Scientist! It was nice of you guys to check it out!

@LadyEmillye Your take on the trailer park is so sophisticated! The neutrals look beautiful and calming and go together really well. The trailers look downright roomy!

@shakerella Love the lime green accents! Expanding the trailer up was a great idea and added so much room--like a proper home! The décor is lovely! The colors and styles are really crisp!
  • Options
    @withlovejulien thank you so much! Your version of the trailer park looks like a fun place to hang out. Definitely different than the Before version. It is so colorful and alive now!

@LadyEmillye The Twin Trailer Park looks nice. I like the divider that you used between the living and bedroom. The neutral colors are nice. It looks much better than the before version!