The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

child's hair color changing?

i can't get my child's hair to stay the right color, it keeps turning purple or blue..
i have extra colors from cc but i only use the game colors on children. i've never had this issue before.
is there a workaround? i'm not removing these colors, i need them for my adults. tumblr_inline_mn41rc93R61qz4rgp.gif
origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

Comments

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    It won't change color if you are using vanilla game hair or Maxis Match CC. If your child is wearing any other CC hair, then it will change color whenever they age up, because the game can't tell what color it is. I have some CC hairs that might have 4-5 shades of brown. Base game has 2 shades of brown. Since the game can't match the color, they switch to a randomly selected CC hair when a sim ages up.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    It won't change color if you are using vanilla game hair or Maxis Match CC. If your child is wearing any other CC hair, then it will change color whenever they age up, because the game can't tell what color it is. I have some CC hairs that might have 4-5 shades of brown. Base game has 2 shades of brown. Since the game can't match the color, they switch to a randomly selected CC hair when a sim ages up.

sorry, i mean it's changing in cas when i change outfits.
    it's a game hair in a game color:
    tumblr_ot6dug5sGn1wuwrhxo1_1280.png

• MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member

It doesn't matter whether it is alpha or maxis match cc. It occurs with any child cc hair and because it is a problem that occurs due to cc maxis will not fix it.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Colour changing hair? My child sim, Chloe Furystrykar has her custom pigtails go from blonde to black in the bath...and back once she's finished in there!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited July 2017

sorry, i mean it's changing in cas when i change outfits.
    it's a game hair in a game color:
    tumblr_ot6dug5sGn1wuwrhxo1_1280.png

On a side note, that is a very nice young sim you got there. He will age into a handsome young man. EDIT: (I felt very old writing that, but the child sim is awesome).
  • SimsSlaySimsSlay Posts: 57 Member
    My child sim was doing the same thing. She was born with red hair (who knows where that came from) I changed her hair and eyebrows to black but in cas anytime I changed the outfit her eyebrows would turn back red and whenever she aged up her hair and eyebrows would turn red again.. it was annoying!
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I had this problem and it was driving me crazy. I took out all of my wildly miniature sandwiches recolors for toddlers and kids and now don't have the problem, even with other cc mm toddler and children hair. So if you have wms, I'd try removing those recolors.
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    I had this problem and it was driving me crazy. I took out all of my wildly miniature sandwiches recolors for toddlers and kids and now don't have the problem, even with other cc mm toddler and children hair. So if you have wms, I'd try removing those recolors.

i use magicalgirlsimmer's recolors, and unfortunately she includes everything in one package so i can't just take out the child versions.
    otherwise i would because i don't use them anyway.

but i might just switch to wms anyways because it seems like mgs is discontinuing her luasims palette hairs. :disappointed:

• KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    I have this issue as well with any CC child hair that has custom hair colors. The best work around is to take the child into CAS,change their hair color to what you want and switch to an adult Sim before leaving CAS. You will be able to see if it works by their picture down at the bottom of the screen. If it didn't stick,just repeat until it does.

Also,it probably won't stick for every outfit,just the one they were wearing when they go into CAS. What I normally try to do is change their outfit then go back into CAS,set their hair color for that outfit,leave CAS and repeat. It doesn't always work though,unfortunately.

Hope that makes sense :)
    03.22.2013 <3
    @KayxxFanpire
    ok, thanks. :)
    your avi is really cute btw.

• KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    @KayxxFanpire
    ok, thanks. :)
    your avi is really cute btw.
    Thank you! :)
    03.22.2013 <3
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I've had this problem but strangely only on Alexander Goth. I just keep entering cas until his hair stays the color I want. I also have an issue with him where his eye color changes in me which I switches outfits. He's just a buggy kid.
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    I know what you are talking about. I had a blonde kid with blonde parents and was creating his wardrobe and from one outfit to another it would change to black hair. It was Sims content hair, not CC.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    Tbh i had this with non-custom hair colors too. Don't remember if cc or not, but probably.

Just keep fixing it and it should chill outside of CAS.
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    I had this problem with a hair style that kept turning from brown to black in-game and in-CAS. I just decided to change the hairstyle, have t had a problem since then. XP
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    I've had this problem too. I just take them into CAS and make sure ALL their outfits have the same hair color, because sometimes if I don't check they end up having a different color for every outfit.
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I'm having a problem with the braids I think came with parenting. The brown hair changes to black every time I try to use that style. I have no cc.