Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everyone can share your before and after edits!

Comments

• xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited June 2017
  • wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    @xjojox You are so talented! You are definitely going to be missed around these forums. I love how added almost everything :)! I love the hair.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    Here are a couple of edits that I've done using in-game shots recently:

For Back to the Basics:

Before:
    nb165Ca.png

After:
    auGB8XV.png

Another for Back to the Basics:

Before:
    9cEjHqi.png

After:
    OehCZvR.png

For those two I played with the curves tool in GIMP, along with several filters. I haven't used curves a lot in the past, just manually adjusted brightness/contrast individually.

This one is my magazine cover for Miss Fashionista. I noticed that a lot of bridal magazines blur the background if it's an outdoor setting. I kind of liked the background without the blur, but once I started adding words it started to look way too busy. The blur did tone the noise down a bit.

Before
    DEAjvEA.png

After
    sE5YBN2.png
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member

So this is for CREATE and honestly, I'm pretty proud of it I mean, it's not like AMAZING like everyone here, (so much talent I'm a jealous<3) but I actually drew hair that didn't look half bad :O (in my opinion) BUT here:
    Before
    G8QeFSb.png

After
    tHldkHW.jpg

gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Most recent:

35068558394_ee35cb8691_b.jpg

35867682516_a9bd3f2fa6_b.jpg
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • sdtfmsdtfm Posts: 333 Member
    Before
    hCmvd5c.jpg
    After
    rFWw9Jn.jpg
  • FauxEvermoreFauxEvermore Posts: 226 Member
    @xJojox - as usual, stunning before & after. Going to miss seeing your work when you retire.

@JoeJoe11 - that's so pretty and whimsical. I love the hair - looks so natural!

@sdtfm - that's so cool looking. I love you sharpened it and made it look more dramatic. Wonderful!

Nothing exciting on my end. Just a before and after of my latest avatar (featuring the latest skin I created):
    35087759844_81803e0e34_o.png

@jpikman Wow! Your sim looks so realistic :o:o Is that sims 4 or 3?
  • FauxEvermoreFauxEvermore Posts: 226 Member
    Thanks @sdtfm! That's the Sims 4. I was inspired by the really great realistic custom content for the Sims 3 (and more recently Sims 4) and created my own realistic skins to try to achieve the same effect
    @jpikman thankyou! ... im partially retired. lol.
    I will come out of retirement maybe one day.
    I think i need a good break, but because i'm going back to school and work i may just never come back either. I guess it depends how busy i get. Either way i still stick my nose in here to say hi and try involve myself some how ... :)
    jpikman wrote: »
    @xJojox - as usual, stunning before & after. Going to miss seeing your work when you retire.

@JoeJoe11 - that's so pretty and whimsical. I love the hair - looks so natural!

@sdtfm - that's so cool looking. I love you sharpened it and made it look more dramatic. Wonderful!

Nothing exciting on my end. Just a before and after of my latest avatar (featuring the latest skin I created):
    35087759844_81803e0e34_o.png

Thanks lovely! I've got a long way to go with hair drawing but was fun

Your sims/cc are unreal (and your editing, ofc). I'm v bad at realism!
    c0Ixg8O.png
    What are u talking about @JoeJoe11 ur hair drawing is brilliant
    edited July 2017
    Thanks @xJojox that means a lot! Especially coming from you - your hair drawing is always on point and I love your edits.

I'm definitely happier with my hair drawing now than before - I just think it's good to always push yourself and improve! :dizzy:

I'm forever trying new brushes, if anyone has any recommendations. At the moment I just use the defaults with a drawing tablet, on about 3px. A slow process...
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    @JoeJoe11 my go-to brush pack has always been these. I used to use the "Hair Brush" back when I was starting out, and it would create stuff like this:

WIl9CkM.png
    dZlD1fW.png

So it kind of already has a texture, but eventually I got pretty frustrated with the lack of detail as you went to smaller sizes and I felt it didn't give me the pay off I wanted, so then I started using the "Detailing Painting Brush" because of the taper and fade at the ends, it makes it really good for building color. The biggest downfall (in terms of time) is that it results in having to draw everything strand by strand. Overall though, I feel I get much nicer results:

xx1S9km.png
    5dNZEEg.png
    19114175038_4a220e9f29_o.png
    19257594264_73328c4c91_o.png
    23uvol1.jpg
    Jake that's the brush I've been dying for!! I don't mind strand by strand. I get frustrated with lack of control/fine detail so woo thank u x
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    No problem <3

Depending on the size of the picture and the area I need to cover, I typically do a very rough sketch of the hair with the brush at ~10px and then go in with my base color and shape it with flyaways and whatnot to down to maybe ~5px, but each layer of actual hair I try to take down 2-3px so that there's a good layering without completely wiping out and covering up the previous work. I always go down to 1px with my lightest color and it just adds that lil bit of detailing and light that I think is really important when making realistic hair
    23uvol1.jpg
    No problem <3

Depending on the size of the picture and the area I need to cover, I typically do a very rough sketch of the hair with the brush at ~10px and then go in with my base color and shape it with flyaways and whatnot to down to maybe ~5px, but each layer of actual hair I try to take down 2-3px so that there's a good layering without completely wiping out and covering up the previous work. I always go down to 1px with my lightest color and it just adds that lil bit of detailing and light that I think is really important when making realistic hair

Yes that's my current technique with the defaults but they a bit clunky

Is it the standard and detail brushes you use?
    c0Ixg8O.png
    @joejoe11 - i dont always draw all of my hair. some are old clutches ive drawn a long time ago that i manipulate into my sims and duplicate etc (all mine tho) OR some new ones... some are wigs that ive bought too. it depends how lazy i am when doing my edit.
    ooh that's a clever idea @xJojox

--

retired a mirror edit - i always find them so much work and so hard to get right, but love a challenge. just a simple/stripped back modelling shot in India's apartment (with the VOGUE logo, ofc -- added as an afterthought, hence this not being A4 dimensions!)

35158685433_50abf97f8a_b.jpg

35836080291_30f577c7dc_b.jpg

loved these new hair brushes @Evergreen226
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
    Wow, there are some amazing edits in this thread! This is my first ever edit, but I'm pretty happy with it. It's mostly just shading lol.
    333bw35.png

2img44.png
  • SylirabSylirab Posts: 16 Member
    Incredible !
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Where can I go to download these, @Evergreen226 I went to the link but only downloaded the html not the actual brush set. I'd really like to give drawing my own hair a try and looks like these brushes could help.

edited July 2017
    @JoeJoe11 Amazing edit as always! I can't comrepehend how you have done the mirror reflection, amazing really. A little bit more smoothing the leg and it would have been even better, but I'm really impressed :o