The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Vampires GP worth buying?

Hello!

I have most of the EP's/GP's/SP's for TS4 but so far have avoided Vampires because playing as a vampire sim doesn't really interest me. However it is currently on sale on Origin and I like the look of the CAS & buy/build mode items that come with it. I also really like the look of the town because it's so different. I wouldn't mind buying it, but is there a way to stop my towns from becoming over run with vampires I don't want? I wouldn't mind playing once or twice but I doubt playing as a vampire would be a regular thing for me.

What do you guys think? Do you have it and would you recommend? Thanks :smile:

Comments

• KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    there are mods to limit vampires to their little town, but if you don't plan to use mods then yes, vampires will be in your game after installing the vampire pack.

to me they are not all too intrusive. each new household almost inevitably gets attacked at night one time and then theres a very small chance for it to happen again (i've never had it happen to a family more than once). Other than that I don't notice them in my gameplay at all. Others will almost certainly disagree, though.
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    edited July 2017
    If you really like the new neighborhood, the CAS and build/buy items, I suppose it's worth getting, but it's a lot of money if you aren't interested in vampires. Plus, if you own the game pack all your sims will get whims to talk and learn about vampires. Also, if you acquire vampire friends or club members, they won't be smart enough to stay home if you invite them to an outdoor venue during the day. I hope this will be fixed in a patch, but it's kind of annoying to watch relationships you've worked on go up in smoke. Pun intended. Don't get me wrong; I like the vampire pack a lot, but I like playing with vampires.
  • marellinormarellinor Posts: 39 Member
    I wouldn't really recommend the vampire pack GP if you're not into the gameplay.. I usually lock my sims door at night since one of my poor sims kept getting nightly visits from one vampire stalker.. It was super annoying. I don't really know if this is actually a common problem or if it was bad luck but I feel like the gameplay can get a bit too annoying sometimes when you just want to leave the vampire part out of your sims lives..
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I haven't seen a vampire generate on my sims lot in quite a while. I think they toned it down. Even though my sim has researched vampires on the computer and bought the 1st book, I still get none. Even though they are definitely in the save as I have households with them.
  • YoGummyBearYoGummyBear Posts: 41 Member
    The town doesn't become overrun by vampires, the vampires rarely travel outside Forgotten Hollow. There is a rare occurrence in which a vampire will break into your sim's house at night and drink from them. You can prevent this from either A. Locking your doors at night or B. Hanging garlic strands outside your door.
    The build/buy mode objects are worth it, even if you don't like playing vampires, IMO. I use them all the time, even in normal homes that aren't gothic/vampiric.
    Also, the Sims 4 did vampires better than the previous Sims games. I think they're just a lot more fleshed out and dynamic.
    grimbunny-wallpaper-the-sims-4.jpg
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Yes, well worth buying. I'm really enjoying them for the first time. I hated them in Sims 2 and 3. They got them right this time.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    The town doesn't become overrun by vampires, the vampires rarely travel outside Forgotten Hollow. There is a rare occurrence in which a vampire will break into your sim's house at night and drink from them. You can prevent this from either A. Locking your doors at night or B. Hanging garlic strands outside your door.
    The build/buy mode objects are worth it, even if you don't like playing vampires, IMO. I use them all the time, even in normal homes that aren't gothic/vampiric.
    Also, the Sims 4 did vampires better than the previous Sims games. I think they're just a lot more fleshed out and dynamic.

When my Sims lived in Forgotten Hollow they had vampires knocking on their door every couple of nights. Just ignore them and they'll leave. I've never had one come by in San Myshuno, though they do show up in the public areas where they act like any other Sim.
    Vlad might come by to bite your Sim, but I've never seen him come back.

Forgotten Hollow is really cool, and the build items are fantastic. I'm playing Lilith Vatore (one of the three vampires who come with the pack) and she's a lot of fun.
    Vampires is my favorite Game Pack, followed closely by Outdoor Retreat.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    It is a well done pack.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hello!

I have most of the EP's/GP's/SP's for TS4 but so far have avoided Vampires because playing as a vampire sim doesn't really interest me. However it is currently on sale on Origin and I like the look of the CAS & buy/build mode items that come with it. I also really like the look of the town because it's so different. I wouldn't mind buying it, but is there a way to stop my towns from becoming over run with vampires I don't want? I wouldn't mind playing once or twice but I doubt playing as a vampire would be a regular thing for me.

What do you guys think? Do you have it and would you recommend? Thanks :smile:

No, not worth it, please, if you don't want vampires in your game then please don't buy this GP then come back and complain about vampires in your game. I love this GP. It is one of the best things TS4 has going besides toddlers in this generation. I'm pretty protective to keep it from being nerfed.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    edited July 2017
    Thank you guys for your input, I bought it yesterday and made a vampire household to give it a go and so far it's been a nice change from my usual play style, even though it's probably not something I will use all the time I also love the new objects that came with the game so all is good. :smile:
    Cinebar wrote: »

No, not worth it, please, if you don't want vampires in your game then please don't buy this GP then come back and complain about vampires in your game. I love this GP. It is one of the best things TS4 has going besides toddlers in this generation. I'm pretty protective to keep it from being nerfed.

I won't complain about there being Vampires in the game because I expect that with the GP, I was just worried my other towns would become overrun with them. Now I've bought it and played a little I realise you have to request to be turned which is good, and the vampires themselves have come a long way since I last played as them in TS2. But thank you for your response :smile:
  • dpapiiidpapiii Posts: 32 Member
    In light of the origin sale I've reached a dilemma of which game packs to buy! I just want them all :(
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member

I won't complain about there being Vampires in the game because I expect that with the GP

Well, that's refreshing, I like you already! :D It's nice that you're having a good time with the pack, it's my favorite :)
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Dont buy it if you dont want vampires. Because there really isnt much in this pack for people who dont want vampires. The town only comes with like 4 lots and it has a gothic look to it. And the new clothing and decor is also vampire-ish . I agree with Cinebar.
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    dpapiii wrote: »
    In light of the origin sale I've reached a dilemma of which game packs to buy! I just want them all :(

I know what you mean, I've used the sale as an excuse to fill up on the ones I didn't already have :joy:

Livinity wrote: »

I won't complain about there being Vampires in the game because I expect that with the GP

Well, that's refreshing, I like you already! :D It's nice that you're having a good time with the pack, it's my favorite :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it! So far I'm more into it than I expected to be :smile: