Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to properly do rotation play style ?

I read some thing someone said and I wish now I had saved it . They pointed out how to properly do a rotation play style without all the townies out aging the main sims
Happy Simming!♥

Comments

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited July 2017
    You can uncheck "Auto Age Unplayed Sims" - I imagine if you kept that unchecked for a while, your people would catch up since you are essentially freezing the townie's age for awhile.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    You can uncheck "Auto Age Unplayed Sims" - I imagine if you kept that unchecked for a while, your people would catch up since you are essentially freezing the townie's age for awhile.
    I forgot to mention this is my first time trying rotational ever . Say I have two households . If I play one for a sim week with aging on then switch to the other house hold once the week is up. Then spend a sim week with family # 2 with aging off , would that work like I think it would ?
    Happy Simming!♥
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    As I see it, there are a total of four choices. Someone else here might have another idea:

1. Aging off for everybody. No one gets old. Not you, not the townies.

2. Play with aging on - but only for your Active Household and toggle aging off/on occasionally for townies. This will keep their kids and your kids at roughly the same age. So if your daughter wants to grow up and marry a townie's son, this option will keep them both progressing, but at a pace you prefer. This option prevents your other household from aging when you are NOT playing them.

3. Turn aging on for all your played sims- both households that you rotate between will age at the same time - whether you are playing one or the other. But you can turn townies' aging off/on separately from your folks.

4. Turn aging fully on and let the chips fall where they may.

Personally, when I rotate I use #2. It gives me the most control. I don't want my toddler to age to a kid when I'm not playing them. So, by turning Auto Age (Played Sims) and using the drop-down menu to select "Active Household Only" - my families only progress when I'm actively playing them. I can toggle townies' aging from the Auto age (Unplayed Sims).

Clear as mud?
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited July 2017
    With two families, you can do something like this

- Play household A with aging on for active household and on for unplayed for one week. Your household A and all the townies will age one week.
    - Play household B with aging on for active household and off for unplayed for one week. Your household B will age one week.

Now everybody has aged one week (Household A, Household B, and the townies). If you have more than two households, you do the same thing for household C, D, etc than you did for B.

One more info : pregnant Sims always give birth, no matter the age setting, so if you want to be there, make sure to play that household until birth. If you've missed birth, you can rename the Sims once they're toddlers.
    @SageRainWillow @Neia thank you both ! Very helpful. I will figure out which of those options will suit my current save
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    OP: Since the game came out , I've done rotational play. I decided to just play with aging off, but because I actually like the premades. I only age babies, toddlers and children, manually, but I don't play elders. I do however, delete certain townies till it generates townies I can work with, sometimes it's generating too many aliens and ghosts and I'm guessing it's because of get together and the different types of bar nights.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Just wondering, but if you have your adult son in a different household, would he have to go back to the original household, so the father can achieve his aspiration with the son reaching the top of his career, or would the father still achieve his aspiration, if the two are in seperate households?
  • EshnicEshnic Posts: 59 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Just wondering, but if you have your adult son in a different household, would he have to go back to the original household, so the father can achieve his aspiration with the son reaching the top of his career, or would the father still achieve his aspiration, if the two are in seperate households?

I believe the son can live in a separate household.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    You will be looking for @EmmaVane's post, about 3/4 of the way down this thread :)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15877197
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    You will be looking for @EmmaVane's post, about 3/4 of the way down this thread :)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15877197

Omg thank you! That's the one I read!
    Happy Simming!♥
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I keep wondering how Seasons will change the rotational play. I don't want the seasons changing until after my complete rotation. I hope there is a way to freeze the seasons in place.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2017
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I keep wondering how Seasons will change the rotational play. I don't want the seasons changing until after my complete rotation. I hope there is a way to freeze the seasons in place.

I think you could manually set seasons in TS3, and in 2 you could adjust the length with mods.

I also hope that I can set them to change per rotation as it seems about right based on sim lifespans. It also means I only have to decorate/remove decorations once each rotation (at least until we get seasonal lot markers) :p