Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Yall!!!!!! :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited July 2017
    Expert Results for Challenge #72 - Reuse and Recycle @ The Gym

@abelhinha35

Xclusive Fitness Center reflects a sophisticated design sense and enormous creativity! The exterior architecture is clean, sleek and modern; you’ve chosen attractive wall treatements, windows and doors. The landscaping, though minimal, is well thought out. Inside you’ve mixed modern elements (like the furniture) with traditional elements (like the statuary) in an effective way. I am especially impressed by your use of MOO like, for example, the towel “shelves” in the massage room. They are so inventively put together! I also love the way you’ve used large pictures and wall decorations to create drama in otherwise serene spaces. And I could get lost in your beautiful zen garden. Wonderful work! :smiley:

Suggestions: The brief called for showing an image of how you laid out the six shipping containers before you began work on transforming them. Since you didn’t include the image, I couldn’t really tell how you used the containers to come up with your design.

@Ainsleyf

You totally transformed those shipping containers into the spectacular Total Wellness Center! The architecture is striking, especially with the curved balconies. And the roof sections on top create an eye-popping ornament that draws the visitor in. The surrounding landscaping and garden is appropriate and lovely—great use of terrain paint. Inside, you’ve covered all the bases! Every fitness and spa activity can be found on the premises, and the building is laid out in a convenient and accessible way. I like how you’ve kept the interior colors mostly black and white, so that when you do introduce a color, it really pops. And the shapes and textures you’ve used create interest even when the colors are neutral. I also like that you’ve included a fun daycare area and that you show the clients using all the facilities. Great job! :smiley:

Suggestions: I really have nothing to suggest. You created an amazing fitness facility!

@Creepsa

Wow! The Airsoft is beautifully built, inside and out. The contemporary architecture is striking—very attractive—with a creative use of wall textures and columns. You have landscaped it well, too, so that it fits its Oasis Springs surroundings. I love all the palm trees! The inside colors—neutrals in grays, greens and blues—are relaxing and modern. I’m especially impressed by the details: from the drains in the changing rooms, to the basketball court, to the warming pool for the yoga students, to the rooftop restaurant and bar. You have thought of everything! :smiley:

Suggestions: I really have nothing to suggest. You did a beautiful job.

@popettypop2012

Positioning the ground floor containers on the diagonal gives Windenburg Fitness Centre a dynamic look which is heightened by the dramatic roof treatment! The trees and fountains are nicely placed and accent the modern style of architecture. You have laid out the interior nicely; I love the interior colors and textures! The light beige is energizing—an excellent quality for a gym! I also found particularly attractive the upper floor balcony lined with planters. And the whole building is nicely illuminated—the night shots look great! :smiley:

Suggestions: The entrance might have benefited from more definition—perhaps a reception area? You could also have taken advantage of the ground floor porches with some seating.

@withlovejulien

You put a great deal of thought into Ironbound Gym & Spa and it shows! I love the idea of embracing the nature of the containers themselves to inspire the architecture. You’ve used all areas of the lot, indoors and out, to great advantage. The pool and cafe areas are especially lovely. Red is an active color and I like how you carried it from the exterior to the inside with pops of red like the floor in the tread mill room. There are so many wonderful details, too, like the aquariums in the massage rooms. I also think having a dance floor was brilliant. It is, of course, a great aerobic activity and fun, too! Wonderful work overall! :smiley:

Suggestions: I wish you had done something a bit more interesting with the roof—in keeping with the sort of industrial nature of the containers, which you used to such good effect. And the sculpture in the outdoor seating area seems way too large for the size of the area itself.

You all demonstrated extraordinary creativity in this challenge. It was a great pleasure to see each and every one of your entries. :smiley:

The Winner is ....

@Creepsa
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Congrats @Creepsa on your win, everyone did great. <3 Thanks @BuildnShare for your great comments on my build. <3:) On a side note, I did include my layout in my entry as a spoiler. I was not aware that we had to include it in the slide show. :)
    edited July 2017
    @EnviedImperfection, @TwtyBrd0707 and @Creepsa your wonderful winning creations have been showcased on our twitter and facebook pages! And, in a moment, they'll be on the front page of the main thread! Congrats to you all once more!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Congratulations @Creepsa!! Wonderful! As was everyone's work, as usual!
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Congrats to all the winners and thanks for such a fun challenge and lovely review! I'd been wanting to build a gym!
  • CreepsaCreepsa Posts: 30 Member
    Woo! Thank you so much <3 <3
    Expert Results for Challenge #73 - Life on a Shoestring

@masajo

Wow! You’ve really “kicked a field goal” with Footloose! (Sorry for the bad pun…) The house has a wonderful fairytale look to it (great choice of windows and doors!), and I love how you’ve made the top of the “boot” look like a sock! The landscaping is exquisite—lush and cozy and just big enough to include a fun-looking play area for the children. I especially like the stone wall in the backyard. Inside, you’ve continued the fairytale look with an abundance of homey details in each room. The overall house is nicely laid out; I like how you’ve grouped the boys and girls on separate floors. And the elegant bedroom suite on the top floor is a perfect getaway for Vanessa Hubbard. Wonderful work! :smiley:

Suggestions: The only qualm I had was putting the toddler potties in the children’s bedrooms (although it might be useful for nighttime emergencies!)

@pronterus

What strikes me the most about Home is Where the Shoe is is the tremendous amount of thought that you put into it! The architecture, made to look like a tie-up shoe with its laces and bow, is right out of a nursery rhyme! You’ve landscaped the lot beautifully, too, and the little sand box is adorable! I was impressed by all the wonderful details inside. The layout is efficient; I like how you’ve put a bathroom on each floor. Every corner looks like a well-loved home. I think the little altar to Mr. Hubbard is an especially nice touch. The house just made me smile! :smiley:

Suggestions: I might have reversed the dining area with the TV nook so that the dining table was closer to the kitchen.

You both demonstrated such extraordinary creativity and imagination in this challenge that there was no way I could choose one over the other. So I'm copping out and declaring a tie! :smiley:

The Winners are ....

@masajo and @pronterus

GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    A very big thank you @BuildnShare and many congrats @pronterus :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Thanks @BuildnShare , and congrats to you too @masajo !
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Congrats to you both.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

Thank you very much @pronterus and @bokylie1 :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Established Results for Challenge #73 - Life on a Shoestring

@bokylie1
    Nice use of balconies and roofs to make the build look like a pair of boots. I like that you've provided plenty of activities for the kids in the rec room. It looks as though you've provided enough bedrooms and bathrooms for the occupants.
    Suggestions: As you are judged equally on your architecture, interior design, and landscaping you will want to have plenty of close-up detail shots of each of these. Also, larger/higher quality images make it easier for the judges to see lots of detail.

@FoundMarbles
    Very creative use of roofing and objects to create the shoe shape, especially the laces! Great kitchen. I like the contrast of the red and yellow, and you've included enough neutrals and textures to keep the colors from being overwhelming. Like the tranquil wallpaper in the mom’s room. Cute walk-in closet. Adorable boys’ rooms. Great use of color. Love the whimsical wallpaper in the younger boys’ room. And the girls’ rooms are equally well done. What a cute shower curtain choice for the girls! Great common play and fitness area. Did you make a basketball court out of rugs? Very clever! The small lot is landscaped nicely, and I love that there are plenty of outdoor activities for all ages.
    Suggestions: You are off to a great interior design start. The rooms need just a *tad* more detail to push them to the next level and give them a more realistic, lived-in look. Take a look at the Expert entries for this round for more inspiration.

@mannanna
    The exterior of this build is a WOW from the start. The little clover window does a great job of imitating eyelets, and the sloped section of room gives the perfect shape to your shoe. Great landscaping choices around the entrance. Love that you have some outdoor activity space for the kids. Downstairs space is used very efficiently. Great traditional touches on the interior design in this level. Cute teen boy's room. It's eclectic but looks lived in. Love Violet's room - very sweet. Love the master balcony.
    Suggestions: Not a whole lot to add. You created a story and vibe that carried successfully throughout the entire home. Maybe a little more detail on the landing on Violet's floor and a more spacious master en suite.

@SerraNolwen
    I love how you used the placement of the exterior walls to create a "tongue" for you boot. And creative use of a staircase to represent the laces. Nice bit of landscaping around the perimeter. Moving inside, I like the tranquil blue of the downstairs living areas. You've chose a nice blend of rustic/traditional which fits the parameters and also looks updated style-wise. Great mix of activities for your sims in this area. Young girls' bedroom is very sweet. I like the muted wallpaper and the pops of color on the bed and rug. The playroom is cute without being cloyingly so. Lovely master suite. Nice job on the teen rooms.

Suggestions: The big exterior stair appears lead into an open landing that leads inside the house? That's a tad unrealistic and would lead to big issues come the first rainfall... Is there any way you could have avoided that?

And the Overall Build Winner is ....

@mannanna !

The Room Challenge Winner (Bedroom with Reading Nook) is ....

@SerraNolwen !

The Sim Challenge Winner (Create the Hubbard Family) is ....

@bokylie1 !

Congrats, to ALL entrants :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Congrats @mannanna! And thank you very much for the comments and critique, @BuildnShare! It's nice to get some suggestions and insight on what could be better. You're definitely right about those stairs. While I was building it, I figured there would be pipes leading to the edge of the roof, but that still wouldn't be enough. XD I probably should have at least made it so the stairs led to a small, enclosed hallway or something, in which there could have been a small grate... Or just get the stairs inside. XD
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Congratulations @mannanna and @SerraNolwen. Thanks for the feedback @BuildnShare.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Woot, thank you everyone for the congrats and congratulations right back at you! B)<3
    This was a very fun challenge and I am already working on the next one.
    @BuildnShare Thank you sooo much for providing feedback. I found it funny you used the word eclectic - a way my decorating have been called before, even in real life :) I think it's my style.
    I really enjoy seeing others take on the same subject, a good way for me to learn and get ideas. Feed back on top of that makes this great. So again, thank you so much for hosting this!
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@mannanna , @SerraNolwen , @bokylie1 , @pronterus , @masajo GREAT JOBS every one of you!! Congrats on your wins! :smiley:
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    edited August 2017
    Deleted my disgruntled rant.
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    Many congrats @mannanna fantastic work and I love the name :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @mannanna, @masajo and @pronterus you're winning builds have been featured on our facebook and twitter feeds. The front page of the main thread also now features your wonderful creations!! Congrats again.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2017
    @BuildnShare I looked at the expert builds for this round and I can not see what it is judges are looking for as per more detail for a lived in look.

I was the judge for established this go-round. I very much enjoyed exploring your shoe house as I hope you could tell based on my many positive comments. Looking back, I think my suggestion for more detail is focused more on the living room/library and master suite. Those rooms just didn't have seem to have the same "wow" factor that other rooms of the house (like the kitchen and kids' rooms) did. It wasn't easy to come up with suggestions for you as your build is fantastic on most levels - sorry I wasn't more specific about my thoughts. :)
    Starting Out Results for Challenge #74 - Solstice Designer Showdown

@linzlulubell

Your “skinny condo” reminds me very much of the summer rentals I’ve seen in the southeast United States! The plantings are just right, and your choice of windows, doors and wall textures work well together. I like that you’ve recreated a place you’ve actually been to! The red, white and blue color scheme inside is nicely done; you’ve used multiple shades of these colors to good effects and the beachy decorations and wicker furniture are perfect! Your clutter details give a wonderful sense of Americana. Great job! :smiley:

Suggestions: I might have broken up the lovely green lawn with a bit more sand. (Grass always seems to struggle in sandy soils!) And the guest bed bothered me a bit. Was it the kind of CC bed with a separate bed frame? If so, you needed to choose a mattress and bedding that didn’t clip the bed frame at the foot of the bed. It would have looked more natural if the bedding spilled out only on the sides and not at the foot. You might consider moving up to Established for the next challenge!

@minimeg2425

It was fun to read about your history with houseboats, and your entry reflects that very well! You have created a lovely lake for the boat to float on. The rocks and plantings give it a natural look. The houseboat itself is nicely laid out, and typical of boats, you have made efficient use of small spaces! I love all the clutter details in the kitchen and bedrooms. I also loved that you showed Sims enjoying the attractive balcony. Nicely done! :smiley:

Suggestions: The challenge called for building on a 30 x 20 lot and you chose a 20 x 20 instead. Also, the sized-up planters in front look okay, but if you had reversed one of them, they might have looked more natural. And for your lake, you might consider putting plants and rocks at the bottom of the lake too. You can use the MOO cheat to create some naturalistic effects.

The Winner is ....

@linzlulubell
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Established Results for Challenge #74 - Solstice Designer Showdown!

@SyddyB206

New England Dream is a gorgeous build with a very beautiful facade. The soft contrasting shades of the exterior walls are a good choice for this New England style home, as are the windows and doors which you have used. Great roof structure and I love the colourful plants at the front, they provide a very welcoming entrance. The interior layout is well thought out and spacious and I love your chosen colour schemes, a nice mixture which adds interest. I particularly like the living room, it's bright and vibrant, yet very cosy with the addition of the fireplace. The nursery/kids room is another lovely area and the shelving arrangement is a great feature here.

Suggestions: The brief specifically requested full landscaping so I was a little disappointed to see only part of the front planted, which you have done so beautifully. Perhaps a tree placed on the left side of the house would have added symmetry and balance to the build. We also like to see shots of each side elevation, including the rear, so we can get a full picture of the exteriors.

@FoundMarbles

Wow, Deck Hand's Dream is an incredibly creative build and a very large size for the budget. However, with your careful and clever choice of debug items you have really pulled this off! The exterior looks very ornate and decorative with the use of spandrels, your choice of fenestration and soft cool shades. I love all the little details such as the wheel on the front deck and the life saving ring. You have made good use of the sun deck by adding a shower room here and providing a space for painting. I can almost feel myself swaying with the motion of waves looking at these pics! It's good to see you've brought the cool blues indoors to create a very beautiful home, which speaks rustic elegance to me.

Suggestions: I would have added more activities to the sun deck, but I guess the budget was getting tight at this point. Regarding stateroom 2, I think the carpet would look more balanced centred in the middle and in the Captain's stateroom I would have placed the computer desk at an angle to 'soften the edges'.

@mannanna

Midnight Sun is an absolute delight, a very beautiful facade in bold shades of red contrasting well with the white fenestration. You have really nailed the traditional Scandinavian style of the exterior and surrounded it well with gorgeous landscaping. Great choice of plants which reflect the style of the house and I love how you've placed the small stones to create flower beds. The interior layout is good with all rooms easily accessible. The living room looks warm, cosy and very comfortable and the kitchen is spacious, light and airy. Very creative use of shelves to work as pelmets for the curtains!

Suggestions: I always think it looks good if landscaping blends in well with the surroundings. In this case I would have forgotten the gravel road or perhaps 'stopped' it at the border with a fence and gate. Secondly, as the foundation and steps have differing textures (which are similar nonetheless), I would have placed a potted plant in front of the steps to hide where they join. Finally, take pics with the walls up, this always makes a better presentation in my opinion.

The Winner is ......

@FoundMarbles

GArBA5W.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Congrats for winning Established @FoundMarbles ! The other entries looked great, too. :)
    edited August 2017
    @BuildnShare : Thank You! for liking my deck hand's dream so much. Yes, by the end the budget was worn out! With these challenges one is always trading off on something. Yikes! That carpet that is so off center was an oversight: I did not mean for it to go all the way to the wall. I can see where I could have angled the the Captains desk, all right. Have you ever slept on a boat in calm waters? It's like being rocked in a cradle! I even slept in a captains bunk, much better than a regular bunk.

PS, Where the Sundeck bathroom is would generally the wheel house, but I did mention I took a lot of liberties building that boat.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top