Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STARRING ROLE: BRIDGEPORT'S FINEST / *WINNER ANNOUNCED*

Comments

• JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    @wbombje @Movotti this is due tomorrow! Let me know if need extensions
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Fantastic picture and story, @ColorMePink so well done.

Love these shots, @abelhinha35 and @Klept0maniac94

Thanks @Jendowoz0612 <3 I missed this somehow. :D
  • wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    @JoeJoe11 I am finishing up a Back to the Basics entry and then this one. I've already got my idea and CC. If I don't have it up by 6PM I'll ask for an extension, just in case. Sometimes even if I have everything planned, it doesn't go right. I do have all day today to work on it, though.

Sorry, I've had a really busy week, but finally have free time today.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    Great entries so far, can't wait to see these last few :)
    23uvol1.jpg
    wbombje wrote: »
    @JoeJoe11 I am finishing up a Back to the Basics entry and then this one. I've already got my idea and CC. If I don't have it up by 6PM I'll ask for an extension, just in case. Sometimes even if I have everything planned, it doesn't go right. I do have all day today to work on it, though.

Sorry, I've had a really busy week, but finally have free time today.

No worries! Tanya has asked for an extension too so don't worry about needing one if you do.
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    @JoeJoe11
    I don't think an extension is going to solve my woes. I don't have photoshop any more, I'm gonna have to learn to use another editing program. :/

Then again, if it's not too late to ask, can I have an extenstion?
    I'll see what I can do, at least I still have my backup pic if I can't create anything better.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Movotti wrote: »
    @JoeJoe11
    I don't think an extension is going to solve my woes. I don't have photoshop any more, I'm gonna have to learn to use another editing program. :/

Then again, if it's not too late to ask, can I have an extenstion?
    I'll see what I can do, at least I still have my backup pic if I can't create anything better.

Of course! Wbom and Tonya have asked for an extension too.

You all have until the 16th.

Ps movotti Gimp might take a while to adjust to but it's worth downloading and playing around with? Mizzie has great tutorials on all the basics.
    c0Ixg8O.png
    Thank you!
    I've already downloaded gimp, just gotta try playing with it yet.
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    @Movotti --- Gimp is Great.......I've used it....... How did you lose Access to Photoshop........PM me if you like.....I might have a solution ;)
    @TEXASTWANGTONYA
    Gimp is giving me a headache :p

My housemate was paying for all the adobe stuff, but they just put the prices up (and the prices of a whole bunch of stuff just went up), so hes ditched his subscription to it (and a lot of other things, including netflix *cries*) ... yeah. Replying here to that, just incase anyone else was wondering.

We've also just had our electricity prices go up too. We now have the most expensive electricity in the world, apparently. But we're also the part of the world that Tesla has offered to help out with our power issues, so we're also going to be having the largest battery in the world. It'll be nice if it brings the cost of power down, but I ain't holding my breath, and dreading the next electricity bill. It's part of why I can't currently afford to sign up for PS myself. :/
    edited July 2017
    I am totally lost on this........... :(:(

OH Wow......Sweets...... That's all Crazy and must be frustrating as HECK ........... SO Sorry

Sent you a PM
    You can do it Tonya! :d
    c0Ixg8O.png
    Awwwwwwww Thanks @JoeJoe11 Trying / Brainstorming just no poses wish I made my own.......... or could LOL
    Awwwwwwww Thanks @JoeJoe11 Trying / Brainstorming just no poses wish I made my own.......... or could LOL

Poses are always my downfall too!
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    @TEXASTWANGTONYA I used to make poses back in the day and I feel you - it's really difficult to start!! However, something that really helped me out was an old pal Kaleekalo made a tutorial where you actually "frankenstein" together EA poses in blender to create what you want - super helpful!! I did it with these two photos:

18887937924_71df632128_o.png
    19395743911_7d6749e72a_o.png

It's very subtle (especially that second one, I just did some alterations on the arms primarily) and it still looks natural while helping eliminate the issue of sharp joints and stuff. I'm not sure if it works out in TS4 but it might be something to search around for - I always found making poses from scratch on my own to be too difficult.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    @TEXASTWANGTONYA I can make some poses for you, just tell me what you want. :)
    @wbombje has had to bow out of the competition due to real life issues. Will miss her photos but completely understand <3

This round will be non elimination as a result.

@Movotti and @TEXASTWANGTONYA this is due tomorrow! :)
    c0Ixg8O.png
    Wowwww That's Amazing you can do that ......... I know nothing about Blender only do some CC Thanks @Evergreen226 Very Nice of you....... ;)<3

@kittymeow
    MY SWEET Kitty Thank YOU.........I will pm you asap Headed out for Grocery Shopping..... ;)<3

Will Miss YOU @wbombje TAKE CARE!!! <3<3

@JoeJoe11 -- Working on this tonight I hope if not will be up tomorrow ;)<3
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    @wombje take care and I hope all works out ok with RL . Will miss you. <3
    SO I Still have time ? @JoeJoe11 ---- Having Health Issues with My Blood Sugar....... It's Spiking and going into Hypoglycemic !!!!! SO I have not felt WELL AT ALL...........but will try and get this in.........I've been doing a lot of Resting ...........taking a toll on me......... Sorry
    No worries Tonya! I was hoping you and @Movotti might be able to have this in my the end of today (I'm BST time). You've got 13 hours, if that helps?
    c0Ixg8O.png
    I've made a mess of this one.

Gimp is very much not like photoshop. I don't know where most of the tools are, many have different names, or don't exist.

I spent so much time trying to figure out how to do just basic things, that I didn't get around to redoing the pics. :(
    A1: Crime Drama
    Gimmie Cash as Emily-Ann Watson in
    The Baker Street Files

A modern twist on an old classic.
    Emily-Ann is secretary to detectives Art Morey and Sherwin Lock.

tumblr_ot6n02MWHM1v2n804o1_1280.png

Watson arrives at the office of Morey and Lock, thinking it's the waiting room of a pshychiatrist. After a brief, but highly chaotic conversation with the two detectives, (without Watson getting a single word in), she is hired as their new 'assistant'. They drag her out on a case, arguing constantly over the meanings of the clues, and other things. While Morey and Lock argue over who has the highest IQ, Watson solves the case, though the detectives then each claim that they solved it, and continue to argue.

Movotti wrote: »
    I've made a mess of this one.

Gimp is very much not like photoshop. I don't know where most of the tools are, many have different names, or don't exist.

I spent so much time trying to figure out how to do just basic things, that I didn't get around to redoing the pics. :(
    A1: Crime Drama
    Gimmie Cash as Emily-Ann Watson in
    The Baker Street Files

A modern twist on an old classic.
    Emily-Ann is secretary to detectives Art Morey and Sherwin Lock.

tumblr_ot6n02MWHM1v2n804o1_1280.png

Watson arrives at the office of Morey and Lock, thinking it's the waiting room of a pshychiatrist. After a brief, but highly chaotic conversation with the two detectives, (without Watson getting a single word in), she is hired as their new 'assistant'. They drag her out on a case, arguing constantly over the meanings of the clues, and other things. While Morey and Lock argue over who has the highest IQ, Watson solves the case, though the detectives then each claim that they solved it, and continue to argue.

Lovely!

4 hours @TEXASTWANGTONYA - hopefully you can make it. If not, you could always submit tomorrow and take a small point deduction (this isn't an elimination round anyhow as wbom has had to drop)
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Klept0maniac94Klept0maniac94 Posts: 708 Member
    @Movotti I use gimp for all my basic editing. I'm probably going to sound like a broken record here but It's really not all that different from PS. There is a bit of a learning curve though so if you ever need additional help just holler at me or check some tuts elsewhere on the forums or YT. It's amazing what it can do when you learn about it and get some additional plug-ins.

Your image is great btw.. I think for a first time use of GIMP you did really well. That probably took me a week to learn on my own (without the help of tuts/ plug-ins that is)
    my mind is miles elsewhere.
    tumblr_static_cvjq5xfzr5s0cg0s0w4k040og.gif
    https://silverwaterdaisy.tumblr.com
    @JoeJoe11 --- I Am Sorry I have been Very Sick --- My Sugar is Bottoming Out! NEVER Has happened to ME! I am Diabetic but Never go to Hypoglycemia EVER...........Not sure IF I Will make it at all........ Will try .... I haven't even been on here ........ Sorry