Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Living Natural Pack Ideas

Comments

• Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    Archery including it for Children & teens.. I like both @MeaganJo and @MasonGamer 's Ideas.. I was thinking about Witches and Faeries being included in this because they Both use herbs and are kind of earth creatures. I also love the idea of arm pit hair for women ..I would also like to see the washing up in front of the sink feature/ animation..I really like the "tree platform " idea that we could build upon ( Tree house )...How about a meat smoking house, and having certain trees to get syrup from- to make maple syrup...How about a logging Career, like a Lumber jack,or um maybe Carpenter career ...Maybe also a neighborhood kind of like "The Little House on the Prairie " era.. With even Laura Ingalls Family as Sims...

I keep thinking
    But I don't want to get off track..
    I will check back tomorrow..
    Thanks again for asking us for our input !

Diane Pinkus

More great ideas @Pinkusfamily !
  • Options
    I love all these ideas!

I would like to see more interactive community lots.

* A camp ground where Sims can set up a tent, have a fire pit, stay as long as they like, have other Sims set up camp nearby (on the same lot).
    * A farmer's market where Sims can sell produce, fish, crafts, etc and other Sims set up their stands nearby
    * A community garden with the ability to evolve and tend community plants - claim a plot for yourself, etc.
    * The ability to do more than "tend" your table (City Living). Sims tending a table and having a sale should be able to entice passersby to buy wares, chat up potential customers, expound on their products, etc. Be salespeople!
    * A lot of the previous Sims stuff would work well here: sewing machines, pottery wheel, flower arranging, beekeeping, etc.

Awesome ideas! I would love a Farmer's Market and more rustic looking vending tables/booths as well as more interactions with the table.
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Just came up with the following: cap/tshirt designing skills!! I wanna wear the creations I make!! XD
  • Options
    spaceisstrangespaceisstrange Posts: 84 Member
    YES!!
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I really like these ideas! I'd definitely buy this pack :)

I'd also like some more recipes that don't require any equipment to make (I'm playing the History challenge but I don't have Outdoor Retreat and thus the only way for my sims to survive, is through eating 500 mushrooms per day...). Things like more salads, raw fish recipes (and the ability to eat a raw fish out of the inventory? Yeah it's gross but fish are completely useless to me right now) would be great.
    It would also be cool to have more recipes on the grill like grilled mushrooms, grilled apple slices etc. that are more filling than produce eaten directly from the inventory.

A "Practice woodworking" option on the bench would be great, so sims can gain woodworking skill more efficiently for long periods of time instead of having to craft 10 sculptures.
    It would also be fun if sims could sculpt in other mediums than wood, ex. stone, glass and ice, as well as have big sculpture options (sim-sized or a bit smaller). It would be fun to have my Ancient Civilization sims craft some cool Roman sculptures for aesthetic and realism.
    Also, can sims sculpt other sims again please? That would add so much storytelling options, especially for legacies and vampires. A specific option to paint a portrait of a sim/many sims would be great as well. I know you can paint them from reference, but with this specific option, the sims would group together and pose (maybe you can choose their pose - formal, casual, funny, romantic).

I'd also like an option (maybe a tick-able on/off game option) to only be able to cook recipes if you have the ingredients. It would be a nice touch for realistic players, those who like a challenge (having to find/grow harvestables to eat) and for those who want gardening to play more of a role in the game.

Lastly, in TS3 we could give toddlers food on the floor. Can this return please? It saves so much time, opposed to taking a toddler in and out of a highchair multiple times per day.

But yeah, anything with nectar-making has me sold :)
  • Options
    LeilaNotLeilaNot Posts: 9 New Member
    > @HBSIMSTER said:
    > Basket Weaving & Stained Glass making... Would be cool...
    > Maybe Pearl Diving ... I'm not sure if they have that yet!!

yessssssss
  • Options
    HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    LeilaNot wrote: »
    > @HBSIMSTER said:
    > Basket Weaving & Stained Glass making... Would be cool...
    > Maybe Pearl Diving ... I'm not sure if they have that yet!!

yessssssss

Thanks for the "tipping of you're hat"... as they used to say & may still do LOL!!
    LeilaNot BIG hugs!!!! <3:D
  • Options
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Just came up with the following: cap/tshirt designing skills!! I wanna wear the creations I make!! XD

You could make Custom T-shirts at Zazzle.com ;) ... Or Cafepress.com ... You Just have to upload a design pattern there!! HUGS!!
  • Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    I was thinking, been thinking- how about - and I am not so sure they would go in the mix with a Natural living pack, but here it goes... We could use Those Big Garbage Dumpsters, It would be a welcome addition to any business or even Park...Also the all in one Bathroom- that Looks like an old fashioned Out house..Then I thought about those Charity Clothes Bins- In real life I just dumped some too small clothes of my kids in... Something- I guess it would be like in the dresser section, But it would look like a Salvation Army Clothes donation bin....

Since we are only on Page 2 I am going to re-post this feed again on my FB page and other pages I know of.

Diane Pinkus
  • Options
    I was thinking, been thinking- how about - and I am not so sure they would go in the mix with a Natural living pack, but here it goes... We could use Those Big Garbage Dumpsters, It would be a welcome addition to any business or even Park...Also the all in one Bathroom- that Looks like an old fashioned Out house..Then I thought about those Charity Clothes Bins- In real life I just dumped some too small clothes of my kids in... Something- I guess it would be like in the dresser section, But it would look like a Salvation Army Clothes donation bin....

Since we are only on Page 2 I am going to re-post this feed again on my FB page and other pages I know of.

Diane Pinkus

Great Ideas all Pinkus!! But I Absolutely LOVE the Idea of a Charity Clothes Bins.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Showed this to Brennchan & she Suggested I post this here
    http://mymodernmet.com/mieke-meijer-object-eleve/

http://mymodernmet.com/best-stair-design/
    We need these Kind of inventive & In some cases space-saving Build Item Ideas!!

• Options
  • Options
    HBSIMSTER wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »

You could make Custom T-shirts at Zazzle.com ;) ... Or Cafepress.com ... You Just have to upload a design pattern there!! HUGS!!

That's awesome!!! I'll have to try it when I get my gaming computer!! I can't wait!!
  • Options

Diane Pinkus

Great ideas @Pinkusfamily ! I would love an old fashioned outhouse. I used those all the time in Sims 3!

• Options
    HBSIMSTER wrote: »
    Showed this to Brennchan & she Suggested I post this here
    http://mymodernmet.com/mieke-meijer-object-eleve/

http://mymodernmet.com/best-stair-design/
    We need these Kind of inventive & In some cases space-saving Build Item Ideas!!

Those stairs are so cool, @HBSIMSTER!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    sewing and shell collecting rope swing
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    wow I read thru this thread and I love all of the ideas .. I esp like the bee keeping and the more rustic furnishings (like pallet furniture)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    nm223181nm223181 Posts: 62 Member
    Love these ideas.. WE NEED THIS!!!
  • Options
    IdeasforsimsIdeasforsims Posts: 116 Member
    > @Brennachan said:
    > As a mostly off-the grid player, I would love to see a pack centered on "Natural Living," which could be a broad term for Eco-friendly gameplay as well as outdoorsy things to do. It could also include crafts and self-employment options. I've listed some of my ideas and will add items to the list, if folks respond to thread! :)
    >
    > Some ideas I have:
    >
    > *Rabbit Hole Camper/Trailer where sims can sleep and take care of hygiene and maybe have a snack
    > *Hot Springs were sims can relax and increase hygiene
    > *Nudist Lot Trait (sims become pixelated when on a lot with this trait)
    > *Off the Grid Lot Trait
    > *Bee Keeping and Mead Making
    > *Nectar Making
    > *Pottery Making
    > *Jewelry Making
    > *Canning and Pickling
    > *Organic Options when Cooking/Baking
    > *Outdoor Shower
    > *Hippie Trait for Sims -- can take a sponge bath in a sink, group hug interaction, can talk about free love
    > *Eco-Friendly Trait for Sims -- buying/cooking/baking organic, can only take brisk showers, can talk about green alternatives
    > *Nudist Trait for Sims -- this sim does not wear clothes and is always pixelated
    > *Freegan Trait for Sims -- vegetarian sim who does not get dirty when eating out of the trash, is happy around trashplants, makes money from trash
    > *Self-Employment Opportunities for the skills listed above as well as fishing and gardening
    > *Eco-Friendly World
    >
    >
    > What are some ideas you would have for such a pack?
    >
    > *Basket Weaving
    > *Stained Glass Making
    > *Pearl Diving
    > *Soup Making
    > *Candle Making
    > *Flower Arranging
    > *Body Hair for men and women (Let ladies have hairy legs -- nothing too extreme, but more realistic for living natural)
    > *Water Plants with Tears
    > *Write a Songs for Plants on the Guitar
    > *Fish Market with Fishing Contests (Sims can come and sell their fish and compete against each other.Categories can include Contests for all ages)
    > *Glass blowing
    > *Marble sculpting
    > *Ice sculpting
    > *Nature walks where herbalists can learn more about herbs
    > *Be able to pick some and berries too for meals
    > *Quilt Making
    > *Carnivals or Festivals where sims can sell their wares in booths
    > *More ways to sell wares
    > *Children's activities like weaving pot holders, making bracelets or other crafts
    > *Summer Camp for Kids
    > *Sleeping Bags
    > *Weaving on a Loom to make blankets and rugs
    > Dooms Day Prepper Trait for Sims
    > *Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts
    > *A Still to Make Moonshine
    > *Bread Making
    > *Sewing Machine
    > *Seamstress Career
    > *Herbal Learning Skills for Children
    > *Farm Living
    > *Chicken Coops
    > *Pigs
    > *Alpacas
    > *Cows
    > *Wineries and Breweries
    > *Additional crops like corn, wheat, and pumpkins
    > *Corn and Wheat Mazes
    > *Witch/Sorcerer who can turn sims into farm animals
    > *Hydroponics
    > *Usable Wall Gardens
    > *Armpit Hair for Males and Femals
    > *A Wider Variety of Tents
    > *A Stationary Bus to Live In
    > *Compost Toilets
    > *Water Bucket to Wash Up
    > *Army Bath
    > *Hanging Plants
    > *Root Cellar
    > *Raw Organic Meals
    > *Cots
    > *Hammocks
    > *Pallet Beds
    > *Up-cycled Items
    > *Homemade Toys
    > *OUtdoor Activities/TOys for Kids like Swings, Tire Swings, Teeter Totter
    > *Platforms on Trees (we can build on)
    > *Solar Panels
    > *Baskets for Harvestables (Placed on a table or hanging from the ceiling)
    > *Archery (for all ages)
    > *Fairies and other Earth Creatures
    > *Meat Smoking House
    > *Syrup making with Special Trees
    > *Logging Career/Lumberjack
    > *Carpenter Career
    > *Little House on the Prairie World
    > * A camp ground where Sims can set up a tent, have a fire pit, stay as long as they like, have other Sims set up camp nearby (on the same lot).
    > * A farmer's market where Sims can sell produce, fish, crafts, etc and other Sims set up their stands nearby
    > * A community garden with the ability to evolve and tend community plants - claim a plot for yourself, etc.
    > * The ability to do more than "tend" the vending table (more salesperson interactions)
    > * large garbage dumpsters for dumpster diving
    > * All in One Bathroom that looks like an old fashioned outhouse
    > * Charity Clothes Bin
    > * Creative Staircases that look like and/or act like bookcases or dressers

Woah this make such a cool pack!! I would 100% buy :)
  • Options
    > @Brennachan said:
    > As a mostly off-the grid player, I would love to see a pack centered on "Natural Living," which could be a broad term for Eco-friendly gameplay as well as outdoorsy things to do. It could also include crafts and self-employment options. I've listed some of my ideas and will add items to the list, if folks respond to thread! :)
    >
    > Some ideas I have:
    >
    > *Rabbit Hole Camper/Trailer where sims can sleep and take care of hygiene and maybe have a snack
    > *Hot Springs were sims can relax and increase hygiene
    > *Nudist Lot Trait (sims become pixelated when on a lot with this trait)
    > *Off the Grid Lot Trait
    > *Bee Keeping and Mead Making
    > *Nectar Making
    > *Pottery Making
    > *Jewelry Making
    > *Canning and Pickling
    > *Organic Options when Cooking/Baking
    > *Outdoor Shower
    > *Hippie Trait for Sims -- can take a sponge bath in a sink, group hug interaction, can talk about free love
    > *Eco-Friendly Trait for Sims -- buying/cooking/baking organic, can only take brisk showers, can talk about green alternatives
    > *Nudist Trait for Sims -- this sim does not wear clothes and is always pixelated
    > *Freegan Trait for Sims -- vegetarian sim who does not get dirty when eating out of the trash, is happy around trashplants, makes money from trash
    > *Self-Employment Opportunities for the skills listed above as well as fishing and gardening
    > *Eco-Friendly World
    >
    >
    > What are some ideas you would have for such a pack?
    >
    > *Basket Weaving
    > *Stained Glass Making
    > *Pearl Diving
    > *Soup Making
    > *Candle Making
    > *Flower Arranging
    > *Body Hair for men and women (Let ladies have hairy legs -- nothing too extreme, but more realistic for living natural)
    > *Water Plants with Tears
    > *Write a Songs for Plants on the Guitar
    > *Fish Market with Fishing Contests (Sims can come and sell their fish and compete against each other.Categories can include Contests for all ages)
    > *Glass blowing
    > *Marble sculpting
    > *Ice sculpting
    > *Nature walks where herbalists can learn more about herbs
    > *Be able to pick some and berries too for meals
    > *Quilt Making
    > *Carnivals or Festivals where sims can sell their wares in booths
    > *More ways to sell wares
    > *Children's activities like weaving pot holders, making bracelets or other crafts
    > *Summer Camp for Kids
    > *Sleeping Bags
    > *Weaving on a Loom to make blankets and rugs
    > Dooms Day Prepper Trait for Sims
    > *Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts
    > *A Still to Make Moonshine
    > *Bread Making
    > *Sewing Machine
    > *Seamstress Career
    > *Herbal Learning Skills for Children
    > *Farm Living
    > *Chicken Coops
    > *Pigs
    > *Alpacas
    > *Cows
    > *Wineries and Breweries
    > *Additional crops like corn, wheat, and pumpkins
    > *Corn and Wheat Mazes
    > *Witch/Sorcerer who can turn sims into farm animals
    > *Hydroponics
    > *Usable Wall Gardens
    > *Armpit Hair for Males and Femals
    > *A Wider Variety of Tents
    > *A Stationary Bus to Live In
    > *Compost Toilets
    > *Water Bucket to Wash Up
    > *Army Bath
    > *Hanging Plants
    > *Root Cellar
    > *Raw Organic Meals
    > *Cots
    > *Hammocks
    > *Pallet Beds
    > *Up-cycled Items
    > *Homemade Toys
    > *OUtdoor Activities/TOys for Kids like Swings, Tire Swings, Teeter Totter
    > *Platforms on Trees (we can build on)
    > *Solar Panels
    > *Baskets for Harvestables (Placed on a table or hanging from the ceiling)
    > *Archery (for all ages)
    > *Fairies and other Earth Creatures
    > *Meat Smoking House
    > *Syrup making with Special Trees
    > *Logging Career/Lumberjack
    > *Carpenter Career
    > *Little House on the Prairie World
    > * A camp ground where Sims can set up a tent, have a fire pit, stay as long as they like, have other Sims set up camp nearby (on the same lot).
    > * A farmer's market where Sims can sell produce, fish, crafts, etc and other Sims set up their stands nearby
    > * A community garden with the ability to evolve and tend community plants - claim a plot for yourself, etc.
    > * The ability to do more than "tend" the vending table (more salesperson interactions)
    > * large garbage dumpsters for dumpster diving
    > * All in One Bathroom that looks like an old fashioned outhouse
    > * Charity Clothes Bin
    > * Creative Staircases that look like and/or act like bookcases or dressers

Woah this make such a cool pack!! I would 100% buy :)

Glad you like the ideas, @Ideasforsims! Anything you would add?
  • Options
    IdeasforsimsIdeasforsims Posts: 116 Member
    Not that I can think of!! Looks like you've got everything covered already :)
  • Options
    Not that I can think of!! Looks like you've got everything covered already :)

Well, thank you! And if you think of anything, stop on back by! Hugs!
  • Options
    SkyleiSkylei Posts: 33 Member
    Love this off-the-grid idea!! But I would love for more furniture to be compact friendly, or an actual interactive camper where we can customize the color of the furniture within.
  • Options
    Skylei wrote: »
    Love this off-the-grid idea!! But I would love for more furniture to be compact friendly, or an actual interactive camper where we can customize the color of the furniture within.

Like picking your own colors instead of choosing from the options the game has? If so, that's what we have cc for.