Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Asaoyoru wrote: »
    There is also a lot you can do with angle and lightning, so that the same poses can have very different effects in different situations. I think it's less about the tools used and more about the way they are used to convey the message you want to send.

Also, @Acarb90 each pose will look different with different sims. I've noticed a sim in some stories looking quite nice and others seem to be rather angry! Also depends on angles, the general atmosphere and background of the pictures and last but not least, all of us use the poses and animations that are already in the game. If anyone would mind using them so often, they wouldn't be able to read simlit any more at all. :wink:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I need to throw a question out before I actually play-test it myself.

I'm going to set a different scene ( feel free to steal it to put in your game cause my scene is going to be different :D ) before I ask the question.

You have a large room, like a ballroom. The lighting is natural. people are mingling and dancing. Lights go out and there is a spotlight on one area giving recognition to it.

Question: Is it possible to have a dark room and have a light in a specific area?

I'm thinking I could try removing the windows. That prevents outside light from coming in. I don't want pitch black, obviously... but I will be attempting to have a certain area of the large size room, ballroom for example, be emphasized with more lighting, like a spotlight for example.

Now, you could just say... use an image editing program and make it easy on yourself. For this, I will be creating in-game video pieces, so that won't work. I plan on zooming in on two specific areas that won't show windows, so that is why I am thinking I could get rid of the windows when it comes time to darken the room.

Back to Question: Has anyone done this type of thing in their game?

I'm planning ahead for a very special chapter in The Duckson Legacy and want to hopefully see if something like this can or has been done.

@LegacySims2017 Also consider helping out the screenshot with a photo editing software to pump up the dark or light! :)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

Skylathan find out how big the family will expand and make a big decision. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/3d-and-then-there-were/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Meggles wrote: »
    @LegacySims2017 Also consider helping out the screenshot with a photo editing software to pump up the dark or light! :)

It's going to be more of a video. So you'll get to see some sim movement and action, otherwise I would have gone with a photo editing software to begin with. :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    My dad tried to give grapes to the dog today but I saw him doing that and I yelled at him and Mom when she turned around and found out also yelled at Dad..

Make sure you really drive it home that your dad doesn't do that again. Even the smallest amount of grapes or rasins are toxic to dogs. :/
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    My dad tried to give grapes to the dog today but I saw him doing that and I yelled at him and Mom when she turned around and found out also yelled at Dad..

Make sure you really drive it home that your dad doesn't do that again. Even the smallest amount of grapes or rasins are toxic to dogs. :/

Yeah I panic when I'm eating grapes and drop even one. My dog is small and old. He can't handle a grape. :(
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    @swcheppes well since both Mom and I BOTH yelled at him I think the point been driven home
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Here's the finale for After the Wedding, Season 3: Try Again. Want to hear my thoughts on the past couple of seasons? Here's the newest SimFacts post.
    got 2 new readers for my Swanson legacy!!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Simlit crisis:

Anyone else find themselves using the same poses all the time? Do people pick up on that or does it not matter?

I didn't realize it until this chapter I'm writing, but there needs to be more fighting poses lol

I tend to take screenshots from a lot of different angles to try to make the pose more interesting, but I imagine after a while it'll be difficult.
    I don't care about slight repetition in stories I read, so I hope no one else cares haha
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    edited July 2017
    Simlit crisis:

Anyone else find themselves using the same poses all the time? Do people pick up on that or does it not matter?

I didn't realize it until this chapter I'm writing, but there needs to be more fighting poses lol

well for some stuff it's related to my story.. I used the arrest pose "Have right to remian silent" 4.5 times.. When
    Amercia was arrest ed for something she didn't do. an attempted (racial) arrest the next generation down, an arrest of one of M's cronies after he (the crony) became the step-father to J. and the arresting of both Vienne and M near the end of Gen 6
    I also used the "Time to Clean pose" twice in
    Gen 2
    once in Gen 3, and a lot in Gen 6.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    hi everyone.

i kind of lurked here today. mom ordered hospital bed sheets for a bed dad gets saturday . he can't make it upstairs anymore. hes als gets a nurse.

this is for anyone not on discord.

i realized today i forgot to age alonzo up which means hes now younger than adrien. considering hes one of the triplets thats funny. alana ayden and alonzo were born first.
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    hi everyone.

i kind of lurked here today. mom ordered hospital bed sheets for a bed dad gets saturday . he can't make it upstairs anymore. hes als gets a nurse.

this is for anyone not on discord.

i realized today i forgot to age alonzo up which means hes now younger than adrien. considering hes one of the triplets thats funny. alana ayden and alonzo were born first.

I'm sorry for your dad :(
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    @friendsfan367 Best wishes to your dad - having a parent with any sort of long-term illness is a bag of plum.

Thinking of getting Dine Out & Spa Day plus a few stuff packs since Origin's put them on sale. Any stuff pack recommendations? I'm getting at least two, possibly three.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Changing things up for my website Becky's Coffeehouse. It will feature stories from both Sims 3 and Sims 4.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Hi All! A new chapter of Leia and Oriana's in the Alien Adoption Challenge
    stinkiest_toddler_on_the_planet.png

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/07/14/chapter-1-4-geekcon-festival
    @friendsfan367 Best wishes to your dad - having a parent with any sort of long-term illness is a bag of plum.

Thinking of getting Dine Out & Spa Day plus a few stuff packs since Origin's put them on sale. Any stuff pack recommendations? I'm getting at least two, possibly three.

kids stuff.
    @PurplishSimEater: what SPs don't you have? I agree with @friendsfan367 about Kid's Stuff. I like Backyard and Movie Stuff too (the latter mostly for the boho furniture).

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited July 2017
    alonzo is married to kenedy but i kinda forgot to have hin break up with candy first.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @PurplishSimEater: what SPs don't you have? I agree with @friendsfan367 about Kid's Stuff. I like Backyard and Movie Stuff too (the latter mostly for the boho furniture).

I love movie stuff, so I'm agreeing with that recommendation :) I also loved the hair and clothes in the Romantic Garden pack.
    snvAF3B.png
  • PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    @InfraGreen @CitizenErased14

I think the only SP I have is the bowling one, but I've been eyeing a few others. Romantic Garden and Movie Hangout are both on my buy list, and I keep floating between Kids Room, Luxury Party, and Vintage Glamour for my number 3. The latter two I like the clothes for, but I barely have any kids' CC in my game so that limits the content they have and I'm going to have kids running around my legacy soon(ish), so I'm thinking about that too.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Lol thanks guys

I did think about the different angles thing. It actually does work!

For anyone that reads my story, i totally used the same fighting pose in chapters 2 and 3, but with different angles ;)
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    Simlit crisis:

well for some stuff it's related to my story.. I used the arrest pose "Have right to remian silent" 4.5 times.. When
    Amercia was arrest ed for something she didn't do. an attempted (racial) arrest the next generation down, an arrest of one of M's cronies after he (the crony) became the step-father to J. and the arresting of both Vienne and M near the end of Gen 6
    I also used the "Time to Clean pose" twice in
    Gen 2
    once in Gen 3, and a lot in Gen 6.

I've used the arrested poses so much. I think I've used them more than anything, and all on one specific sim... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Poor Eli.
    I use the same crying poses all the time in Uptown. There are only so many ways to make Thu and Axel sad. :p

Gun poses were my most repeated ones in Eight Cicadas. It got to the point where I had to edit my own just to get some needed variety!

outrun / blog / tunglr
    hey guys the trip got changed to start Sept 17
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top