Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Actually be able to enter all buildings! No rabbit holes!

2...Next

Comments

• sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited July 2013
    motdk wrote:
    Hey, you need to re-read my Post. I still think there is a way they can do this... and we can still play it. Like I said to play around with the idea if it doesn't work then, they won't put it in the game.

I already read your post. How would they do it without lag or memory issues? It would take a LOT of space if they opened every building, had to render every sim in town at said building, etc.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'd like to experience professions and player made businesses outside the home again. Where they can open up shops. I think making the careers more hands on helps a lot.

A police career doesn't have to be a desk job in a rabbit hole. I think going around investigating clues, busting burglars, extortionists, tax fraud, bank robbers, store robbers adds excitement to a career that is a rabbithole profession. So you don't have to open up this building to provide fun gameplay for it.

Same with the cityhall careers the leader of the free world should really campaign, volunteer, do speeches, donate food or money, raise taxes, or steal government money, throw town fairs and player made events to fund raise money, have vote poles, etc. So the more this career can do the less boring it is you know?

So no not all careers need to be seen. At the same time i want schools to open up, im sorry i just have to disagree with everyone i think schools and the teaching career can be way more fun for the game. There is a lot of fun children have from kindergarden and up and i think some of us tend to mix our bad experiences with schools as also being a bad experience in game. Remember this is a game it doesn't have to be just desk work. So I really hope the give the kids more to do and open up the schools.

What my main concern is just don't put the venues as rabbitholes. Places like the spa, grocery store, restaurants, book store, theater, etc. Need to be open these are fun places sims should be able to go out and enjoy.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited July 2013
    motdk wrote:
    Hey, you need to re-read my Post. I still think there is a way they can do this... and we can still play it. Like I said to play around with the idea if it doesn't work then, they won't put it in the game.

Ea did play around with it for TS3 which is why they gave us rabbitholes in the first place. I really don't think much would change from that game to TS3 with the exception of a different gaming engine. You also have to remember that NOT everybody will have a computer that will be able to handle everything that will be in the game including all open venues with an open world. EA can keep the schools and most workplaces as rabbitholes as I am not interested in watching them in school or work all day. This gives me time to do other stuff with the sim/sims who are stay at home wives. Plus you also have people who do play with big families and they don't want to have to be jumping all over the map to tell them what to do and to keep up their needs.
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited July 2013
    I don't know, a Zoom type of technic, Where you click on the sim at work an Zoom into the work place, all nice and open. Then if you click on another sim you could Zoom into whatever their doing. Example: the Salon job in Ambitions where you can Zoom in and watch them work or help them. The Fact of this Idea is to not have to stay at the work place unless you want to. So, If played around with the correct way, you should enjoy your sims at work and all over the open neighborhood. In theory this Idea could work in the game, where it want lag or be unplayable. They need so, options to help make the focus from one sim to the other more smoothly. There Should be a way for you not to have to jump around unless you CARE to watch you sims at school or work.
  • siva20092403siva20092403 Posts: 631 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    :thumbup: Agree with you OP..rabbit holes must die!

Well perhaps in about 50 years from now when there are quantum computers, rabbit holes will be history. And playing the Sims would be very similar to being in real life.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Well, the OP certainly got what they wanted.
    Actually being able to go to work and get a set of tasks on a list to complete each day.

As if they were working at EA's and knew the plans. Yaaay, going through checklists, fun!

#teamRabbitholebuildings
    #teamOpenVenueswithchalleninggameplay
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I actually would prefer rabbit holes simply because it would get stale watching my Sims do things. I feel like games would be scripted so poorly that it was predictable and not enjoyable with animations looking wonky and even more glitches to come with a lot of the ideas. Then you say give it an option which is a lot in itself just to try to please everyone. I feel that rabbit holes should exist, but give more context to what is happening.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    I actually would prefer rabbit holes simply because it would get stale watching my Sims do things. I feel like games would be scripted so poorly that it was predictable and not enjoyable with animations looking wonky and even more glitches to come with a lot of the ideas. Then you say give it an option which is a lot in itself just to try to please everyone. I feel that rabbit holes should exist, but give more context to what is happening.
    This.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Mess the OP literally predicted GTW 2 years prior to its release :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top