Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No more ads for free simpoints?

Comments

• melody436melody436 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yea I really hope it gets fixed soon! Cause I just re-bought the game after losing my cd's when I move and I paid over $300 for all the expansions and stuff packs and I only got 2000 simpoints. I'd really like a new world but they cost over 2000 and I REALLY don't want to shell out any more money at the moment
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Funny, I finally got my ad points after weeks of waiting, but once I got the points, the ad bonus icon disappeared.
  • MidrealmDMMidrealmDM Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Maria5993123 said:
    > maybe I'll try tweeting at a guru and see what happens? they use to hang out on the forums maybe someone can get their attention that way

Please keep us informed if you learn anything, Thank you
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don't enven know where is this icon. :open_mouth:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Maria5993123Maria5993123 Posts: 102 Member
    good news everyone! Simguru Nick just let me know that they were looking into why the ads weren't providing simpoints so in the mean time they've disabled them! so I'm assuming they'll be back as soon as they work out the problem!
    > @Maria5993123 said:
    > good news everyone! Simguru Nick just let me know that they were looking into why the ads weren't providing simpoints so in the mean time they've disabled them! so I'm assuming they'll be back as soon as they work out the problem!

Has anyone heard anything further on this?
  • rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    MidrealmDM wrote: »
    > @Maria5993123 said:
    > good news everyone! Simguru Nick just let me know that they were looking into why the ads weren't providing simpoints so in the mean time they've disabled them! so I'm assuming they'll be back as soon as they work out the problem!

Has anyone heard anything further on this?

I haven't heard anything,but it seems the ads are still disabled.So sad,so much of my wishlist has been as low as 60% lately.
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    hello all,

this is a known issue and has been for several months. i made a board on answers hq back in may and this is EA_Mai's most recent response as of 07/12.

Hi everyone,

As you have already noticed, the option to watch ads is not available right now.

We are investigating the issue we have been talking about in this thread. We didn't want you to watch ads and not get the SimPoints in return, so we have temporarily disabled them while we look into it.

I will keep you updated in this thread with any new information.

Thanks for you patience,

-Mai
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • dragontatoesdragontatoes Posts: 4 New Member
    Although I'm bummed to not have a way to earn simpoints for the time being, I'm glad they're at least making an effort to remedy the issue. I just hope they don't give up on it.
  • her7Emeraldsher7Emeralds Posts: 2 New Member
    why is it taking so long I want the casion
    ok its been two months - has anyone heard anything more?
  • venomistressvenomistress Posts: 66 Member
    I am not holding my breath of ads. I used them all the time. Many of the items I own are due to those free sim point. But I always expected it to be a limited time offer. I had hoped to be wrong. I will still keep checking periodically though.
  • knottallknottall Posts: 4 New Member
    please put the ads back!! I can't afford to buy points. the ads were my only resource!!
  • sleepysauraussleepysauraus Posts: 3 New Member
    You're telling me. I had been saving up to buy the cows, and I am 1 point short. It's just taunting me.
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited September 2017
    It's very irritating not knowing if they're going to fix it or not. Supposedly they are "aware" of the problem, but what that means for us, who knows? I figure I own about 75% of the store and would like to finish up before it's too late.
    You're telling me. I had been saving up to buy the cows, and I am 1 point short. It's just taunting me.

I wish we could gift sims points because I would send some to you. I have 14 left.
  • knottallknottall Posts: 4 New Member
    is there some way to contact whoever to let them know we would at least like to have an update on the progress?
  • EndUserEndUser Posts: 96 Member
    edited September 2017

@sleepysauraus Im assuming you are wanting the "Milkin' It Dairy Corral", If you add it to your wishlist Ill gift it to you. Reply here or pm in the next few days if youd like.
    Post edited by EndUser on
    haven't heard anything more which is pretty disappointing there's still a few things from the store I want
    @Odonata68 how well does your game work with 75% of the store? I feel like I own... maybe a little over 25% and my game struggles
    @Maria5993123 Well, I own about 75% but I only have a fraction of it installed. Sorry I didn't mention that. I want to own the store, then install everything using this method:
    REINSTALL: STORE STUFF - SIM FILE SHARE
    The game program files are installed on my 1 tb HDD but my sims user folder is on my small SSD drive. :# So I've been very cautious about what I install. I don't even have all of my eps installed yet.
    @Odonata68 I have all EPs and most SPs installed plus everything I own from the store and My game struggles really bad even though I built the computer just to be able to run the sims 3 really well, now it's been a few years so maybe I should update my stuff but... have you heard anything more about the ads coming back at all? I'm really praying
    @Maria5993123 I chose this computer, after much research, specifically to run the sims. It's a couple of years old now. I wish I had found more info about SSD drives at the time, I would have bought a larger one. :#
    Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything more about ads coming back, other than what was posted by lauravonawesome above. :(
  • MinecraftSimmer14MinecraftSimmer14 Posts: 1 New Member
    Any update on the ads? Like Odonata68, I own quite a bit of the store content. I also have all the eps and sps. I maintain a really nice gaming system just for the sims =) I would like to get more things on the store, but just don't have the funds at the moment...
    @MinecraftSimmer14 that's pretty much my situation right now. I've already spent real money on the cash only worlds from the store. I was hoping to finish up owning the store without spending anymore real cash. :/ I'm pretty sure the store is low priority, so who knows when they'll fix it.
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    I just need few more sims world and few Sims store set
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    Wait wait wait
    You get simpoints for seeing ads on thesims3.com?