Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List your ideas for car gameplay here one of the SimGurus wants to know

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    LoliSimmer wrote: »
    This is what I wrote on the Simsvip website.

This is really long, but I separated them into sections with similar topics. I don't have a Twitter so if anyone wants to screenshot what I wrote and send it to the gurus feel free. I said screenshot because I think Twitter has a word limit, I'm not so sure. Anyway enjoy reading this mess I guess.

Considering how the Sims 4 is constructed cars will likely (at least I hope so) function like they did in the Sims 4. If you have your car placed on the driveway near the sidewalk the sims will get in and the car will drive onto the road and drive off. If your car isn't near the sidewalk your sims will still get in, but the car will just teleport onto the road and drive off that way.

Other interactions the car would have are the classic woohoo, kiss, makeout options alongside the mess around interaction we got with the Sims 4. I really liked teaching your teen sims to drive in the sims 3, so maybe they could they could have a new lot type that looks like an empty parking lot or abandoned airport lot where they adult sim could teach the teen to drive. The teens could also learn to drive from any adult, doesn't have to be their parent. If a teen sim is gifted a car, they could have the brag to friend about car interaction or something. Teen sims could also have the drive friend(s) or family around interaction (where it takes you to the map and your teen sim drives to the destination) and if they have mastered driving yet there would be a great chance that they would get in an accident and wreck the car, and a very small chance that they'd die (don't want your sims dying willy nilly now do we?). Teens can also sneak out (parenthood) by themselves or with others using the car and if they're not great at driving they have a higher chance of waking their parents up and getting caught. (This is just a maybe but if they were to add police, if your teen sim hasn't mastered driving, if they're caught after a certain time driving, there could be some serious concequences).

Other things that would be could are if they brought back fixer upper cars so sims can have a cheaper way to get cars. This interaction would increase the sims handiness skill or it could be it's own skill entirely. Teens and up could work on them, but if there is a teen or older already working on the car, a child sim could help and a toddler could observe. Your sim could buy a fixer upper car, but if you wrecked your car, you'd be able to fix that. They could also add junkyards for your sim to find parts and build a car.
    There could be a new mechanic job for npcs or for your sim (sort of how the mixologist career works and how you'll actually see those with the mixologist career being mixologist at bars, parties, and such). There could also be a vehicle enthusiast trait (name your car, become friends, marry the thing? Who know?)
    There could also be racing or something else of the sort.

They should also bring back school buses. I found it kind of weird that they didn't add them in the game already considering both the Sims 2&3 had them. The school buses would come the the front of your sim's home and pick up the children and you'd see an actual animation of them getting in the bus (none of what they pulled for City Living, not adding an animation for the elevator?!? Talk about lazy! I seriously think they should patch in an animation for the elevator alongside an elevator woohoo even if it means reusing the same woohoo animation from the Get Together closet woohoo!). Tangent aside, bring back school buses and animate them getting in the bus. If a sim missed the bus, they could walk/drive to school, they could also have an older sim drive them to school. It would also be cool to drive your toddler to daycare.

Also it would be neat to if they brought back bicycles and strollers.

All of this just adds depth to the game, and in my opinion that's what this game desperately needs.

EDIT: I think it would be cool if there were drive in movie dates. It would also be neat for your sim to be able to have their first kiss in a car, whether it be on a date or just casually it would be neat to have a first kiss in the car. (I'm a sucker for realism in these games)

Also I can't believe I forgot to mention this but carpools need to come back. I really don't like your sims poofing in and out of existence (side eyes elevators). I think it would be cute if child sims could sit in the front seat and pretend to drive. If there were burglars you could have them steal your car and drive away with it, if the cops didn't arrive fast enough (if they were both in the game).

The gurus are watching this thread.
  • KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    edited July 2017
    I hope if you do makeout interaction or sit on car interaction it's not a copy/paste from the already existing animations such as sitting/makeout on couch.

You already did this for the makeout interaction with the hottub and I was disappointed, personally, even if the woohoo animation was totally new.

In the Sims 3 it's the case so I don't want to see this in the Sims 4. Do it more like Sims 2 where every animation depending on the location are different.
    I hope if you do makeout interaction or sit on car interaction it's not a copy/paste from the already existing animations such as sitting/makeout on couch.

You already did this for the makeout interaction with the hottub and I was disappointed, personally, even if the woohoo animation was totally new.

In the Sims 3 it's the case so I don't want to see this in the Sims 4. Do it more like Sims 2 where every animation depending on the location are different.

Probebly will be. I'd rather get new animations but I 'll settle for the sofa version. Better then not getting those at all.
  • elektrana232elektrana232 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > This is what I'd like to see
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > [img][/img]
    >
    > [img][/img]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > [img][/img]

this is indeed what I meant. but then like a cliff or the woods
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited July 2017
    I think since the sims 4 is a closed world setting like the sims 2 the cars should be most similar in function to the sims 2. Plus the animation of getting in the car and pulling out of the driveway and then driving off the side and disappearing would work since sims usually walk to the edge of town and do that any way at some locations. I'm car animations should be a mix of 2 and 3 and then a little spice added to make it its own for 4 lol.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    After the free-roaming world of ts3... the itty-bitty, closed, ever-loading screen venues/neighborhood(s) offered by ts4 would really hinder any gameplay fun that cars would bring in for me.

I'd rather see cars/motorbikes as a bling, bling reward unlocked for sims who reach certain milestones (money, career, skill level). It'd be even more cool if the vehicle could be further enhanced/accessorized or just built from scratch from scrap and/or junkyard heaps.

For the limitations of ts4, I'd rather see transportation possibilities funneled into the design of specific conveyance venues (subway platforms, trains, trolleys, river/sea ports, etc.), which would attract certain types of street vendors, sim personalities, etc. based upon an underlying personality set for that venue (seedy, hipster, snooty, etc.).
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member

https://www.mobipicker.com/sims-4-car-gameplay-update-will-allow-simmers-buy-drive-cars/https://mobipicker.com/sims-4-car-gameplay-update-will-allow-simmers-buy-drive-cars/

I hate to say it, But Guys there is a " fake " article about this subject roaming around the internet..
    This is a Loaded subject- I would - myself Love to see Vehicles in Sims 4. I enjoyed the way my Sim would get into a Car in Sims 2, I enjoyed it in Sims 3 - But the getting in the car was missing..Hopefully Vehicles can be brought into Sims 4.

Thank you for asking us for our feedback,

Diane Pinkus
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I think I did this before unofficial, but I will do it again since you can't have an open world please let the Sims have cars in such a way that instead of waking from place to place they can at least get into a vehicle and pretend to drive away Sims 2 style. I don't know about the fixer up car some people want that and we did have that in Sims 2 and Sims 3.
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    I replied to Kimmi with some ideas I'd been working on for a new car-themed Game Pack a while back, tentatively titled "Burnin' Rubber".

Ideas would include:

- Sims learning to drive in a new 5-level driving skill - mastering it earns you a license
    - Sims can become mechanics in an all new active mechanic career based out of a new car garage lot type
    - Mechanics will also need to work on the new 10 level Mechanic skill which will unlock the ability to upgrade your cars in different ways (underbody lights, custom horns, hydraulics) and could include unlockable items like a tow truck, garage items like tool chests, etc.
    - Cops! This game pack could also introduce police officers (and police cars!) to the series with them being able to pull over your Sims (off-screen) for driving without a license, speeding/getting in an accident (low-level driving skill) or even for having a broken headlight (need to fix your car by bringing it to a garage or repairing it yourself!)
    - Bicycles and motorcycles should be introduced in this pack, with bicycles being available for children and up - maybe even a cute little tricycle for toddlers!

EDIT: It's important for the Gurus to understand that we don't necessarily want cars just to serve as transport from point a to point b, because in the Sims 4 we can just teleport. Therefore in-depth skills, upgrades, new lot type (garage), new career, etc. all become more of the focus rather than just driving like in TS3.

@Simmer_Will I love your ideas and completely agree with them. I also think that if cars are brought into the game that it should be more like upgrading and all that you mentioned since there isn't an open world. I imagine it would be similar to how The Sims 2 worked with the driving off screen. I really liked getting to work and build a car. I really do hope that the simgurus take this idea into consideration and maybe one day make a gamepack out of it.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    https://www.mobipicker.com/sims-4-car-gameplay-update-will-allow-simmers-buy-drive-cars/https://mobipicker.com/sims-4-car-gameplay-update-will-allow-simmers-buy-drive-cars/

I hate to say it, But Guys there is a " fake " article about this subject roaming around the internet..
    This is a Loaded subject- I would - myself Love to see Vehicles in Sims 4. I enjoyed the way my Sim would get into a Car in Sims 2, I enjoyed it in Sims 3 - But the getting in the car was missing..Hopefully Vehicles can be brought into Sims 4.

Diane Pinkus

I know I saw it to omg they see one topic and run with it.
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I'd like to add the idea of motorcycles, bicycles, and skateboards. They could do a whole transportation game pack.
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    @Simmer_Will y'know I was never interested in adding cars to the pack but your cool description made me kinda like the idea! :) I'd be fun to have bicycles/tricycles in the game if there were cars.
  • hurremsultanahurremsultana Posts: 1 New Member
    I like the idea of having older sims teach teens to drive or having a drivers ed class in a similar manner to the teen part time jobs, with the eventual chance card or interaction to "take driving test." Also, a new drive-in movie theater venue would pair well with Movie Night Stuff and a drive-thru option would be a cool add on feature for Dine Out.
  • KitCastKitCast Posts: 12 New Member
    I think @Simmer_Will gave you perspective "It's important for the Gurus to understand that we don't necessarily want cars just to serve as transport from point a to point b, because in the Sims 4 we can just teleport." So obviously cars must have interactions such as woohoo in cars, being a "vehicle" of flirting like: Show off car. Have to pass an off-screen test to earn and ID, also will be cool if you can personalize your car with bump stickers may be look for them as sims look for frogs or get them as a reward. Vintage cars would be nice to have not only super cool sport cars.
  • SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    I am actually doing a request build right now for someone who wants an auto repair/car sales building. I have to use SOOO much CC to make even look remotely like a car lot. I would love to have them back in any capacity really. I didn't play sims 2 alot and only had the base game so I just have sims 3 to go off of. Id really love to be able to teach teens to drive. Car seats for the toddlers. Washing the car and repairing or taking to auto repair. Having a repair man come to fix your car is a little far fetched. Accessories like we have for fast lane. Having auto repair/ car sales community lots/ I dont really care about seeing my sim get in and out of the car, we can always make poses for that, but lots of interactions would be nice! Thanks for asking us!!

ALSO!! Split level builds so we can have a garage that we can drive into while having a house with a foundation and a front porch!! Just make it so each building has a choice for a foundation or not instead of having everything have a foundation. WE can have different level walls, why cant we have this??
    Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
  • FRATERNALHEROFRATERNALHERO Posts: 145 Member
    I love cars and miss them terribly... so a definite yes from me. I sometimes go back and play The Sims 3 just so I can play with the cars
    Feel free to follow my gaming randomness on Facebook here
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited July 2017
    I really loved the sims 2 style cars. Meaning, how they functioned. Sims actually opening the door, getting in while car shakes from body weight, slamming door shut, backing out and driving off.

1.Listening to radio, woohoo, try for baby and making out, and chatting would be nice.

2.Having parking lots at venues and seeing your sim's car parked at another residence if that household has room on their driveway.

3.Having different types of cars fit for today's sims, and of old, for the aliens and something vampires would drive. Convertibles, trucks.

4.Car seats for toddlers.

5.Teaching teens to drive.

6.bikes and trikes.

7.Venues specific for cars. Someone mentioned being able to go to secluded places for sims to make out and stuff. Or to get away and think. (story purposes)

8.Adding ground picnics

9.repair and call mechanic to repair car

10.motorcycles, ability to have 2 sims ride on it

11. taxi or some type of uber or lyft

12. A bus that passes through the neighborhood each hour from 6am-9pm. Have your sim stand at the bus stop, click on the bus when it comes, watch your sim find a seat, bus drives to the end of street then loading screen pops up for destination.....etc..

13. school bus or option to take kids to school.

So many great ideas in this thread.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    Briana2425 wrote: »

Diane Pinkus

I know I saw it to omg they see one topic and run with it.

Yep SimGuruDrake said it was a fake.
  • lasydaisy1122lasydaisy1122 Posts: 66 Member
    I would like cars, trucks etc to have doors that open and close like the ones in Sims 2. Would like school bus back like Sims 1, 2, 3. Plus a city bus, taxis like is previous Sims games. Maybe a subway, train, and airport with planes would be nice too. Sims in Sims 4 must walk everywhere so transportation would be a nice addition to game.

Michele
  • Katie123179Katie123179 Posts: 109 Member
    as much as i love the idea and teaching your teens how to drive, i think cars would just be wasted simoleons since the world isn't open
    as much as i love the idea and teaching your teens how to drive, i think cars would just be wasted simoleons since the world isn't open

They wasn't wasted with Sims 2 closed world.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member

They wasn't wasted with Sims 2 closed world.

I guess people forgot that The Sims 4 is not closed but a Semi-open world because you are not stuck on your own lot but you can also explore the world around you. This can bring some new possibilities for cars including "SLAM THE BREAKS! I SAID SLAM THE BREAKS TRAVIS S." where Sims attempt to avoid the decor car traffic by slamming on the breaks causing cars on the street to come to a sudden halt which drains gas out of the car or something on the car breaks and falls on the street. This will show that Sims need to learn how to drive instead of driving perfectly from day one!
    Great ideas. Let's keep them coming. The gurus are reading this thread.
  • lasydaisy1122lasydaisy1122 Posts: 66 Member
    I would be cool to have vehicles to run out of gas and flat tire and have working gas stations to get gas, fix tires, carwash etc.

Michele
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited July 2017
    I agree most ideas at the above. Here a new idea & same idea but kind of added in just like my last old ideas comment.
    1. Bring back animation of cars parking in their driveways & in streets in resident lots & parking in the parking lots & streets in community lots.
    2. I would love (if it's possible) to have sims use their own bicycles & possible hover boards with wheels in their inventory for not only using them to go somewhere in the world, but use it to riding around their streets, kind of like the sims jogging around the streets.
    Post edited by MsMay on