Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are "Ask to Leave" and "Goodbye" not permanent on the social menu?

The interactions "goodbye" and "ask to leave" make sim leave the lot. However they do not always appear in the social menu. For what reason, I don't know. This can make it very difficult to get a sim to leave the lot. Sometimes they don't even leave, they end up just moving to a different part of the lot. Now I use MCCC to get the sim off of the lot but I do not want to have to rely on mods for a feature that should be working in the game.

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hmmm, I thought "Good-bye" was just to dismiss from a conversation, I don't think it's suppose to make the npc sim Leave the lot, although they are free to do so autominously. So "Good-Bye" Should only appear, when the sims are conversing.

Ask to leave is a different story, And I think sometimes glitches, I had asked a sim to leave, after he felt it was okay to cook a meal for himself, and he didn't, I don't remember locking the front gates of the house, so I couldn't understand why he wouldn't leave.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Bump.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Hmmm, I thought "Good-bye" was just to dismiss from a conversation, I don't think it's suppose to make the npc sim Leave the lot, although they are free to do so autominously. So "Good-Bye" Should only appear, when the sims are conversing.

Ask to leave is a different story, And I think sometimes glitches, I had asked a sim to leave, after he felt it was okay to cook a meal for himself, and he didn't, I don't remember locking the front gates of the house, so I couldn't understand why he wouldn't leave.

This happened to me yesterday. My sim ordered a pizza but the pizza guy wouldn't leave. Instead, he decided to enter the house and use the computer, and then I told him to leave but instead he went downstairs and grabbed a slice of pizza. Then I asked him to leave again and he went back to the computer and them grabbed another slice of pizza again. I was almost killing him because he wouldn't leave, but then he decided to leave by his own choice, not because of the Ask to Leave interaction.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I think that basically the option doesn't show up because the target Sim isn't meant to be there.

Sometimes when you have the option it will tell that they are already leaving when, in fact, they stay half the night - then they suddenly decide to leave.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    cause its TS4
    21mbz47.jpg
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Hmm those are always present for me...
    I just wish that ask to leave has a different animation. Now it seems like they're yelling at them like: ''Get the plum out and never return!'' That animation should be in the mean section and not the friendly one...
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    The friendler ask to leave mod is my friend...

http://modthesims.info/d/539762

Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    Speaking of this, my sim has stayed for THREE STRAIGHT DAYS and there isn't an ask to leave option for him... It is getting really annoying...
    ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I think that basically the option doesn't show up because the target Sim isn't meant to be there.

Sometimes when you have the option it will tell that they are already leaving when, in fact, they stay half the night - then they suddenly decide to leave.
    Yeah, pretty sure it's this. ^

OP: Make sure they actually can leave (they aren't locked in or something).
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    RoggieBear wrote: »
    Speaking of this, my sim has stayed for THREE STRAIGHT DAYS and there isn't an ask to leave option for him... It is getting really annoying...

Have you tried 'reset Sim' on the interloper?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I recently had an issue where "Ask to Leave" was missing, but it's probably because I broke the game experimenting. My memory is a little fuzzy, but I do remember temporarily adding a sim to the household so she could "adopt as care dependent" for the toddlers in the home. Then I moved her out and for good measure, gave her a key to the apartment. (The goal was to have her help raise the kids because she runs a daycare and the active family had 6 toddlers.) I eventually took the key back because she was showing up too often, but ever since then she would not go home. She jumped in a bed to sleep when she was tired and there was no ask to leave option to be found. She also continued taking care of the kids like they were her dependents. It's like the game thought she lived there. One sim week later, she was still in my sim's apartment.
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    The interactions "goodbye" and "ask to leave" make sim leave the lot. However they do not always appear in the social menu. For what reason, I don't know. This can make it very difficult to get a sim to leave the lot. Sometimes they don't even leave, they end up just moving to a different part of the lot. Now I use MCCC to get the sim off of the lot but I do not want to have to rely on mods for a feature that should be working in the game.

Goodbye only seems to function like "go away" which ends the conversation but doesn't kick them out of the house or lot.
    I find "ask to leave" sometimes functions exactly as it sounds, like a request not a demand! The sims often just go outside the door and stand there. After a few minutes they ring the doorbell again.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I know this. It should be in the social menu (where friendly, mean and etc categories are). It would make things a lot easier.