Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Divorce

I have a sim that's been seducing Bob Pancakes in front of Eliza. She gets mad and slaps him around, but is there a point where she will divorce him? I remember in previous iterations, it didn't take this much work!
42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Comments

• klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think sims in this iteration will ever autonomously divorce unless you have a mod that enables it. In fact, I don't think TS4 sims have the ability to make big, game-changing decisions like divorce, starting relationships, etc. at all. If you don't have a mod that makes these decisions autonomous, you'll most likely have to play as Eliza and tell her to divorce him.

Edit: I think if your sim's relationship is high enough with Bob, they may have the ability to convince him to leave Eliza. You could always go this route as well. Hope I helped somehow! :smile:
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    No. You have to play the household and divorce them. They won't autonomously divorce.
    That's my experience.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Mmm idk if mcc allows autonomous divorce :/
    21mbz47.jpg
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    There is a mod made by PolarBearSims called "Autonomous Break Up"
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=591860
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I wish they would add this back in!
  • Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    I really wish they would add this back in, along with having them move out. I hate having to leave my game to move out someone. Oh and name changing, I liked back in ts3(I think) your sim would take the last name of their new spouse.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    You can 'Convince to leave spouse' which results in an instant divorce. Otherwise Sims won't do it on their own.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Personally, I like the way it currently is because not all of my sims get divorced after cheating. There are a few of them that try to work on things. A few of my sims pretend like that isn't happening. Most of my households don't have affairs but I like being able to determine the reaction.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    vXIjMny.png
    9SltOHC.png
    Why the doesn't game do autonomous break ups like Sims3? I too wish it did!
    x5kmv48.png
    She went from sad, to angry, back to sad on a dime!
    fL6ubMW.png
    Infact, there were several times I had to calm Eliza down before she died from Rage!

In my story though, I had her divorce Bob, but she's STILL living in the house as a maid (and babysitter) for Bob and Dina.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Thanks everyone. I do feel the game is lacking in dynamics like this. In past iterations, if a spouse even saw you kiss another sim, your stuff would be on the curb and your clothes would be burning on the front lawn. Unless you have the Player aspiration trait, cheating should have consequences.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    klestrella wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think sims in this iteration will ever autonomously divorce unless you have a mod that enables it. In fact, I don't think TS4 sims have the ability to make big, game-changing decisions like divorce, starting relationships, etc. at all. If you don't have a mod that makes these decisions autonomous, you'll most likely have to play as Eliza and tell her to divorce him.

Edit: I think if your sim's relationship is high enough with Bob, they may have the ability to convince him to leave Eliza. You could always go this route as well. Hope I helped somehow! :smile:

I think if you get a full romantic bar with a married Sim then you can convince them to leave their spouse -- you'll end up with a full negative friendship bar with the abandoned spouse though. I know that I got the option after my Sim Woohooed with Gunther Munch when he was married to Summer (nee Holiday).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited July 2017
    Hey...
    If you have The Sims 4 Get Together, your sims can ask other sims to break up no matter the relationship. This interaction is found under the Mean menu: Click on the sim you want to break up>More...>Mean...>Other Sim...>Ask to Break Up With...
    Like I said, this feature requires The Sims 4 Get Together expansion pack. There are no automatic break ups like there were in The Sims 3.