Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List your ideas for car gameplay here one of the SimGurus wants to know

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited July 2017
    I know advertising is hard, But making knock-off designs of Kawasaki Motorcycles, Jeep wranglers, Mazda, all sorts of vehicles.

A automotive, career (guess it can be lumped with the Scientist Active Career) and Hobby.
    Building a car, upgrading, painting.

Driving skill
    Teens and older can learn to drive
    chances of being ticketed for various reasons, getting a flat tire, a crash, coming home with a banged up car.

Depending on who was at fault in a collision, paying/receiving compensation.

Option if you have a vehicle
    -click vehicle
    -Claim (Like Beds) -Always drive to work/school in this car.
    -woohoo/mess around/try for baby in car
    -Nap
    -listen to Radio... +for upgrades (add Bass)

animation wise I would love to see sims mount motorcycles, open/touch the door, at least, and then fade into car.
    pull out of "Driveway" and drive on the road like cars do.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I would really like it if cars could be usable objects. I'd like my handy sims to be able to work on them, building the handiness skill from the teen life stage. Yet, it would be really good if child sims could be able to observe older sims working on them... maybe playing around in them creating a mess.
    I would love car seats for babies and toddlers so they can travel with their family. Babies could be swapped to one of those car seats or something that they could be carried round in.
    I would love car parks, but that might be too much.
    I'd love parents to be able to teach their teens to drive again. That was so much fun.
    I don't want them to be a massive thing. Closer to the Sims 2 and a bit extra. I miss carpool and taxis.

It is duly noted that this may never be implemented, but it's always nice to air out ideas.
    HSau :)
  • NoeddehavenNoeddehaven Posts: 43 Member
    I don´t mind if the cars only are decorative. But I miss them a lot because it isn´t very realistic building a lot of houses without a garage or carport. If you enlarge the toy cars the wheels becomes completely octagonal.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2017
    • WooHoo in car
    • Listen to radio/music...
    • Drive to community lot
    • Drive to special roadtrip sightseeing lots!
    a256aFi.gif
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2017
    Wow. What I would like and what is possible are probably two different things. If the vehicles could drive around the hood and then disappear into the horizon to go to another hood then that would be neat. It would be neat to be able to turn on the radio, fasten the seatbelt, turn on the AC/heater when Seasons comes out, roll up/down the windows, blow horn, woohoo, ability to wash car/wax, crashes that go to the hospital if you have GTW and if not then just exchange ins. info. and go home with your junker and find out if you won ins. money or if you are going to have to fix your own car.

I would love:
    • A car lot/garage to buy cars & have the mechanic job
    • a gas station like in the billboard that was seen
    • old timey cars/trucks
    • Drive in movies would be neat & drive in diners
    • carwash

On a similar note, it would be neat to have the hood trollies/buses running or ability to go to work by boarding the train. :) Just the team wondering about this line of thought makes me happy.
    I replied to Kimmi with some ideas I'd been working on for a new car-themed Game Pack a while back, tentatively titled "Burnin' Rubber".

Really neat. :)

Something else I'd like to see @SimGuruKimmi is the Sims Grand Canyon that was mentioned in the car survey. I'd love for my sims to go see that.

Do you have a copy of that part of the survey or all of it. I would just like to see what was up for offer. :)
  • AlwaysSimplyM3AlwaysSimplyM3 Posts: 2 New Member
    I think they should incorporate good aspects from previous games.
    Sims 2:
    Sit in the car
    woohoo/make out in the car
    listen to the radio
    sit and chat
    Working lights ( they would flick on and off like with house lights)
    Option to drop of students (if your close with another family you can choose to carpool)

Sims 3:
    Sims can be seen getting into the car or at least open the doors
    you can follow them until they completely leave the lot then they can teleport
    Garage doors!

Lastly fixer upper cars! Teens can go to the junkyard with dad (or mom) and pick out an old clunker to fix and later drive! That would more or less work like volunteering where they disappear for a certain amount of time and then come back with it in the household inventory to be placed. :)
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited July 2017
    I want cars animations and interactions features back from TS2. I don't mind having new animations & interactions for cars, I just want possible some old classics cars features back from the TS4. I agree with other people ideas about teens and adults need to learn how to drive cars by using an driving skills features, I want sims to be able to fix and upgrade their own cars. Kids and toddlers should be able to going somewhere in the cars with their parents. Sims need different transportation to ride on like trucks, a scooters, bicycles, motorcycle, and maybe an different kinds of hoverboards with wheel & etc. The garage doors need to make a come back. And It would be cool if your sims would be able to riding around their bicycles (or hoverboards) hanging out & playing around their streets in the neighborhoods & maybe talking to their friends while riding on it, just like the sims jogging around their streets. Also Carpool, taxis, ice cream truck & etc should be back in TS4 too.
    Post edited by MsMay on
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Now just to be clear, I am asking out of personal curiousity. There is no guarantee this will be a real implemented thing.

Trust me I wasn't expecting it! Not the latest. It's good to dream though!
  • SimGuruKimmiSimGuruKimmi Posts: 43 SimGuru
    Ahhh, really like a bunch of ideas you guys came up with. I think it would be really awesome if we ever put functional cars in the game.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Ahhh, really like a bunch of ideas you guys came up with. I think it would be really awesome if we ever put functional cars in the game.

Well I hope y'all will and boats as well.
    edited July 2017
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Wow. What I would like and what is possible are probably two different things. If the vehicles could drive around the hood and then disappear into the horizon to go to another hood then that would be neat. It would be neat to be able to turn on the radio, fasten the seatbelt, turn on the AC/heater when Seasons comes out, roll up/down the windows, blow horn, woohoo, ability to wash car/wax, crashes that go to the hospital if you have GTW and if not then just exchange ins. info. and go home with your junker and find out if you won ins. money or if you are going to have to fix your own car.

I would love:
    • A car lot/garage to buy cars & have the mechanic job
    • a gas station like in the billboard that was seen
    • old timey cars/trucks
    • Drive in movies would be neat & drive in diners
    • carwash

On a similar note, it would be neat to have the hood trollies/buses running or ability to go to work by boarding the train. :) Just the team wondering about this line of thought makes me happy.
    I replied to Kimmi with some ideas I'd been working on for a new car-themed Game Pack a while back, tentatively titled "Burnin' Rubber".

Really neat. :)

Something else I'd like to see @SimGuruKimmi is the Sims Grand Canyon that was mentioned in the car survey. I'd love for my sims to go see that.

Do you have a copy of that part of the survey or all of it. I would just like to see what was up for offer. :)

On The Road:
    Get behind the wheel of different vehicles, including cars, trucks and motorcycles. Fix up old cars, build a hotrod or jump on your ride and explore a number of tourist destinations.

New Vehicles: Your Sims can now choose from a variety of vehicles to own and drive including cars, trucks, and even motorcycles.

Build A Garage: Build a brand new garage where you can work on your vehicles and display them for all to see.

Become A Mechanic: Fix up, customise, and build new cars with the new Mechanic active career.

Visit Tourist Destinations: Take your ride on the road to visit tourist destinations like the Grand Sims Canyon, the World’s Largest Ball of Twine, or the Secret Mystery Spot.

http://simscommunity.info/2015/08/08/new-survey-reveals-possible-expansion-packs-for-the-sims-4/
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'd love to have open world with cars, but I don't know if that's too hard to implement now. If it's not possible to put in now, then I'd be down for ts2 style cars and traveling. (: I'd really love bus stops, stations and such, I can't remember if that's in ts2 but I'd like it. And if the trams we see about town were functional. And a train. I'd like a train. Bikes would be cool, scooters for children, so we can see sims go to work or school for a brief period of time or all the period of time if we ever get open world. And brooms if we get witches. Maybe even skateboards! With a skateboarding skill, and options to do tricks as you travel. And we can choose how we want to travel everywhere like in sims 3: run, normal walk, skateboard, maybe even roller blade/skate (skate for seasons if we get that and there is snow.) But these aren't cars, transport instead... Uh..

I suppose a pram is a kind of transport too.. I really wanna take my babies out, or push toddlers in a pram even though they can walk but maybe they get tired? Do people normally make toddlers walk everywhere once they learn? Idk, I've never had a toddler, so..

**asking about irl toddlers not sims ones lol
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    I'd love to have open world with cars, but I don't know if that's too hard to implement now. If it's not possible to put in now, then I'd be down for ts2 style cars and traveling. (: I'd really love bus stops, stations and such, I can't remember if that's in ts2 but I'd like it. And if the trams we see about town were functional. And a train. I'd like a train. Bikes would be cool, scooters for children, so we can see sims go to work or school for a brief period of time or all the period of time if we ever get open world. And brooms if we get witches. Maybe even skateboards! With a skateboarding skill, and options to do tricks as you travel. And we can choose how we want to travel everywhere like in sims 3: run, normal walk, skateboard, maybe even roller blade/skate (skate for seasons if we get that and there is snow.) But these aren't cars, transport instead... Uh..

I suppose a pram is a kind of transport too.. I really wanna take my babies out, or push toddlers in a pram even though they can walk but maybe they get tired? Do people normally make toddlers walk everywhere once they learn? Idk, I've never had a toddler, so..

**asking about irl toddlers not sims ones lol

I like ur ideas, specially, functional brooms for witches, I hope we can get something like this for them whem they are released.
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • TutanoTutano Posts: 61 Member
    edited July 2017
    I do not like cars but I think there is a problem with the travel context in The Sims 4. I miss this context. It breaks a lot the immersive thing if a Sim teleport from point A to point B. I think cars, buses and bikes could help in that. For me, if the cars were like The Sims 2 cars it would be fine.
    Post edited by Tutano on
  • babygirlrhodesbabygirlrhodes Posts: 366 Member
    i won't mind the cars if you throw in different garages and garage doors.
    short, black, & chubby.
  • elektrana232elektrana232 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > elektrana232 wrote: »
    >
    > . Let's see a drive in park would be cool. where you can have the cars park in rows facing the screen. Or just a parking object where car have to park at, so people can build a drive in park. which means that, watching tv while in the car should be and option.
    > . or like a kissing rock for the teens.
    > . The option for teen to take driving classes at school or from their parents.
    > . school bus pick up for the kids or drive to school
    > . I want to see my sims drive away..long enough to take good screenshot. which didn't happen with the elevators T_T
    > . Bring back the fixer upper car from the sims 2 and it could be a bonding thing where multiple sims can work on it. like the rocket ship
    > . with GTW the car could be buy-able so buidling a showroom is possible.
    > . maybe make a track where the cooking couters from restaurants can fit for a foodtruck on a lot. or the have some food trucks like the stands from city living
    > . and have different typs of cars. sports car, cheap car, trucks, beetles, those volks wagen busses .
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What is a kissing rock?

Well, in those teen movies. couples drive up to a place overlooking their town..a dating spot, is what I mean :)
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I liked how cars were done in TS2, so I would like to see a similar system. I don't want the car to ever disappear, though. I hated how it did that in TS3. I'd like to see curb side parking for the community lots that perhaps can't accommodate a parking lot (Same for the city).

A sim's car is kind of an extension of their personality, so I would like to see some real variety there. Rusting old pickups, the soccer mom SUV, the economical daily driver, the sleek sport car, a Tesla for the science guys, a moped for the city peeps, bicycles, and motorcycles etc.

It's important that the cars have a lot of interactions and custom options. The classic radio listening chill time, makeout, and car woohoo should definitely return, but I would also like to see options to add bumper stickers, trick out any vehicle with ground effects etc, alter the paint color (with some really comical failure states), etc.

Your sim should be able to level singing while belting a tune along with the radio. During woohoo there should be a chance your sim accidentally disengages the parking brake and the vehicle rolls backwards toward imminent doom (and death). Sim's should be able to deface other cars in town with eggs, spray paint, toilet paper, or just draw on the dirty windows EX:"Wash Me!" Scrawled onto a dirt covered rear window, except it would be in simmlish, so the text would be up for interpretation. Lol

I'd like for sims to also be able to live in their cars (almost homeless sort of scenario). I want them to be able to sleep in their cars and eat a snack from their inventory. Like a tent, they should be able to read inside their vehicle. Access to their cell phone without having to exit the vehicle is also important.

P.S. It would be awesome to stuff people in the trunks as a mischief prank or smuggle friends into the drive-in that way (I know we don't have one yet, but code for it anyway! Lol) ;)
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > elektrana232 wrote: »
    >
    > . Let's see a drive in park would be cool. where you can have the cars park in rows facing the screen. Or just a parking object where car have to park at, so people can build a drive in park. which means that, watching tv while in the car should be and option.
    > . or like a kissing rock for the teens.
    > . The option for teen to take driving classes at school or from their parents.
    > . school bus pick up for the kids or drive to school
    > . I want to see my sims drive away..long enough to take good screenshot. which didn't happen with the elevators T_T
    > . Bring back the fixer upper car from the sims 2 and it could be a bonding thing where multiple sims can work on it. like the rocket ship
    > . with GTW the car could be buy-able so buidling a showroom is possible.
    > . maybe make a track where the cooking couters from restaurants can fit for a foodtruck on a lot. or the have some food trucks like the stands from city living
    > . and have different typs of cars. sports car, cheap car, trucks, beetles, those volks wagen busses .
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What is a kissing rock?

Well, in those teen movies. couples drive up to a place overlooking their town..a dating spot, is what I mean :)

Oh you mean an overlook. Yeah Bridgeport had one of those and so did the town in Uni Life in TS3.
    edited July 2017
    This is what I'd like to see
    Screenshot-553.jpg

Screenshot-554.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-555.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-552.jpg

Screenshot-556.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-557.jpg

Screenshot-563.jpg

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Since Sims 4 is a closed world game. My thoughts on how cars, cars stuff, and gameplay should be kept simple. Like how it was with cars in Sims 3 and Sims 3: Pets for the Xbox 360. Cars & car gameplay in both of those game were simple. Nothing to fancy or complicated.
    edited July 2017
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Since Sims 4 is a closed world game. My thoughts on how cars, cars stuff, and gameplay should be kept simple. Like how it was with cars in Sims 3 and Sims 3: Pets for the Xbox 360. Cars & car gameplay in both of those game were simple. Nothing to fancy or complicated.

I'd rather cars be like they were in TS2s closed world.
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I'd be fine with more realistic decorative options than the tiny cars most people currently have to resize to make parking lots and garages with.
  • BlondeLotusBlondeLotus Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree since the Sims 4 world is very closed off, the focus of such a pack should be more on gameplay features. Perhaps a more in depth car creator would be good considering the Sims 4 doesn't have a colour wheel like the Sims 3. Using the colour wheel we were able to really customize cars but since that colour wheel was lacking in the Sims 4, we'd need a new to fully customize our sim's dream cars. :)
  • LoliSimmerLoliSimmer Posts: 4 New Member
    This is what I wrote on the Simsvip website.

This is really long, but I separated them into sections with similar topics. I don't have a Twitter so if anyone wants to screenshot what I wrote and send it to the gurus feel free. I said screenshot because I think Twitter has a word limit, I'm not so sure. Anyway enjoy reading this mess I guess.

Considering how the Sims 4 is constructed cars will likely (at least I hope so) function like they did in the Sims 4. If you have your car placed on the driveway near the sidewalk the sims will get in and the car will drive onto the road and drive off. If your car isn't near the sidewalk your sims will still get in, but the car will just teleport onto the road and drive off that way.

Other interactions the car would have are the classic woohoo, kiss, makeout options alongside the mess around interaction we got with the Sims 4. I really liked teaching your teen sims to drive in the sims 3, so maybe they could they could have a new lot type that looks like an empty parking lot or abandoned airport lot where they adult sim could teach the teen to drive. The teens could also learn to drive from any adult, doesn't have to be their parent. If a teen sim is gifted a car, they could have the brag to friend about car interaction or something. Teen sims could also have the drive friend(s) or family around interaction (where it takes you to the map and your teen sim drives to the destination) and if they have mastered driving yet there would be a great chance that they would get in an accident and wreck the car, and a very small chance that they'd die (don't want your sims dying willy nilly now do we?). Teens can also sneak out (parenthood) by themselves or with others using the car and if they're not great at driving they have a higher chance of waking their parents up and getting caught. (This is just a maybe but if they were to add police, if your teen sim hasn't mastered driving, if they're caught after a certain time driving, there could be some serious concequences).

Other things that would be could are if they brought back fixer upper cars so sims can have a cheaper way to get cars. This interaction would increase the sims handiness skill or it could be it's own skill entirely. Teens and up could work on them, but if there is a teen or older already working on the car, a child sim could help and a toddler could observe. Your sim could buy a fixer upper car, but if you wrecked your car, you'd be able to fix that. They could also add junkyards for your sim to find parts and build a car.
    There could be a new mechanic job for npcs or for your sim (sort of how the mixologist career works and how you'll actually see those with the mixologist career being mixologist at bars, parties, and such). There could also be a vehicle enthusiast trait (name your car, become friends, marry the thing? Who know?)
    There could also be racing or something else of the sort.

They should also bring back school buses. I found it kind of weird that they didn't add them in the game already considering both the Sims 2&3 had them. The school buses would come the the front of your sim's home and pick up the children and you'd see an actual animation of them getting in the bus (none of what they pulled for City Living, not adding an animation for the elevator?!? Talk about lazy! I seriously think they should patch in an animation for the elevator alongside an elevator woohoo even if it means reusing the same woohoo animation from the Get Together closet woohoo!). Tangent aside, bring back school buses and animate them getting in the bus. If a sim missed the bus, they could walk/drive to school, they could also have an older sim drive them to school. It would also be cool to drive your toddler to daycare.

Also it would be neat to if they brought back bicycles and strollers.

All of this just adds depth to the game, and in my opinion that's what this game desperately needs.

EDIT: I think it would be cool if there were drive in movie dates. It would also be neat for your sim to be able to have their first kiss in a car, whether it be on a date or just casually it would be neat to have a first kiss in the car. (I'm a sucker for realism in these games)

Also I can't believe I forgot to mention this but carpools need to come back. I really don't like your sims poofing in and out of existence (side eyes elevators). I think it would be cute if child sims could sit in the front seat and pretend to drive. If there were burglars you could have them steal your car and drive away with it, if the cops didn't arrive fast enough (if they were both in the game).
  • PrismaticSpaceTrvllrPrismaticSpaceTrvllr Posts: 1 New Member
    Well, I imagined something closer to the real one, I believe that not only cars but also other vehicles and means of collective transport could be added as buses, taxis and subway. And from this, the trips between districts and words were not only to walk to a point and disappear in a loading screen; I believe that the collective transportation trips could be charged and if I chose to go on foot that would decrease his energy and offer him a negative modlet

Could be added neighborhoods that would serve as bus stops would be a way for sims who do not have cars to travel between districts and worlds (could be charged a value differing between the two options, but something more symbolic), the buses could pass in Certain times 5x or 6x per day.

Already the taxis could be called at any moment for a trip, but the price of the trip could be a little bigger

Subway (I know it would be complicated but hope is the last that dies) could be added to larger cities like San Myshuno and others that will come (hopefully) and serve as a collective transportation but that works all day long

Car rides and school buses would be perfect! Obvious that it would be something more "decorative" but he would not miss his longing

Cars should definitely have animations like the sims 2! Was one of the little details that make the game special. There should be direction lessons and this could be up to a skill that goes up to level 5 maybe ... other additions to them could be:
    - need to supply (electric, biodiesel and gasoline)
    Woohoo
    - improvements and modifications (colors, adhesives, motors)
    - some car-related death (does not have to be an accident, use the imagination to create some funny death, like crushing while repairing for sims with little mechanic skill)
    - listen to music in the car
    - the option to take a walk (which could be like a habbit hole and decrease the stress)

How about the garage could this mean adding some tool to create different floor heights? Would be great if there were the option of up to three different floor heights on the ground floor,

A profession of mechanic who could be a designer and designer! Maybe even an active career? The system is promising and I do not think it should be restricted just in get to work

A kit to mount your own car would be great! Besides offering a cheaper option could increase the mechanical skills; But I wish it were not so easy, maybe there might be a need to own certain pieces and pieces of scrap to complete the construction stages.

Wow! There are lots of ideas (hire me, please - Jk) ... hope this helps to develop a good system of cars and maybe the best already seen!