Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    I've got a chapter! Septemus is getting ready to head out for his first day of school: Septemus 13
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @CathyTea I read it already! Great job! I can't wait to see how Septemus does after his first day and if he likes school, or not.
    @CathyTea I read it already! Great job! I can't wait to see how Septemus does after his first day and if he likes school, or not.

Yay! Thanks for reading it... and the big news with the story is how Sebastion spends the day now that Sept is at school! :open_mouth:

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Here's how Sebastion spends the day... Septemus 14

(Oh! I just realized I should add author's notes! I'll go do that!)

Got a chapter! Septemus comes home from school in Chapter 15.

I've been taking a break form my legacy family, and @CathyTea 's enthusiasm for this challenge made me want to push my chapters out early... Here's the latest update, "My House is a Home." New member, so links don't work yet. Here's the url: https://allysimbuilds.wordpress.com/2017/07/11/alienated-my-house-is-a-home

Test link code (for me):
    [url]https://allysimbuilds.wordpress.com/2017/07/11/alienated-my-house-is-a-home[/url]
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Here's the link to your story @allysimbuilds strange its not working for you since you are a full member.

https://allysimbuilds.wordpress.com/2017/07/11/alienated-my-house-is-a-home

cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Woot Woot!! Congrats!! now you should be able to post working links and start threads I think. B)
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Aaaack I think I owe replies on the biz forum! I can always chalk it up to taking care of a busy toddler, ha ha... :tongue:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Hi, buddies! :)@Xantheanmar , who's part of the Pen Pal Project, has come up with a fascinating idea involving one of her Sims (Dove/INWk) who's an alien, and I think the idea might fit in beautifully with our collab here!
    Hey everybody!
    I'm about to write to @kkira555 and Brio, and my post will contain a lot of worldbuilding about aliens. I'm going to put what I'm going to write below in spoilertags so that it can be objected to, since it's something that 1. others may want to use and 2. others may not want to be used. You'll see...
    In Dove's "sector" (multiversal zone, aka "world") aliens do not believe that clones have souls. This leads to clone babies being used for organ harvesting. The practice is frowned upon, but not officially illegal. Cloned babies are also used for the implantation experiments performed in abductions, meaning that if they get sent back they go to the organ farms...
    Due to the way our little multiverse works, this doesn't have to be the case everywhere, but it's really dark so I wanted to get some feedback before I commit to anything like this.
    If I go forward with this plan, Dove's storyline will be that she is now part of a group dedicated to stopping clone exploitation and consent violation via abduction. She will adopt a clone baby into her family and dedicate her life to proving that it's just as human as her natural-born children – that it has a "luos".
    I don't expect too many problems- I just wanted to poll everybody before adding something so dark to our multiverse.

What do you think about some or all of us incorporating this into our stories?
    Personally, I think it would be awesome, plot-wise, if the crashed ship contained rescued clone-babies... the "mom" who died in the crash, could have rescued them, taken off with them, and then tragically given up her life in the crash...

This would explain why Septemus is so eager to find them...

Awesome plot twist: The word "bizoopagato" (or whatever it is! LOL!) is actually the word for clone-baby! And the other word is for "care-giver to a clone!"

What do you think?

If you have objections to this, please raise them!

Also, we're handling the collab pretty loosely, so it's OK if not every plot detail matches up in every story.

I'm thinking of having Sebastion join Pen Pal project at some point and write to Brio (who has an alien baby by abduction) and Dove, and so he could (eventually) find out the horrible truth that way...

Looking forward to your ideas, responses, and thoughts!

• XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Either way I plan on having Dove adopt a toddler and join the challenge!
    41tidg8.jpg
    Either way I plan on having Dove adopt a toddler and join the challenge!

Yay! I can't wait for Sebastion to get to know Dove!

Hi everyone... Chapter 5 is available! "That night I read him a story about space and tucked him in. Everything felt a little different that night. I felt like our little family might just be that: a family."

@CathyTea and @Xantheanmar : This sounds like a really neat plot twist! I would imagine that not all the babies would be clones that were on the ship, but here's an interesting zoom out:

Some of our toddlers are speaking the alien language, some are not. Some of our toddlers are having problems with pressure and atmosphere, some are not. Some vividly remember the crash, some do not. Could this information be used to determine clone from non-clone child?

@Xantheanmar could be the challenge's resident expert on alien clones, if willing? I have a feeling the parents with alien clones are going to be interested in finding out as much as they can, at least Elliot would be 1,000%.
    Emmanuel will be diagnosed with PTSD soon, but I'd be willing to work this angle into my story when he is a child.

I love this idea, and can't wait to see where it goes!
    I've got a few more ideas on ways to incorporate this while leaving ample room for flexibility . .. Love your ideas , @allysimbuilds ! I'll swing back later when I've got a keyboard for people fingers rather than squirrel fingers !

I want my ideas to be non-intrusive - an optional way of adding drama to your story. @allysimbuilds it sounds like you have plenty of drama planned!
    Perhaps the clone children will be the more advanced ones, since their samples were probably taken from adult sims. That would tie in with CT's idea about Sep's words referring to clones.
    41tidg8.jpg
    I want my ideas to be non-intrusive - an optional way of adding drama to your story. @allysimbuilds it sounds like you have plenty of drama planned!
    Perhaps the clone children will be the more advanced ones, since their samples were probably taken from adult sims. That would tie in with CT's idea about Sep's words referring to clones.

So... I've got a few ideas!
    The existential theme of the first arc of my story is: Where are my siblings? That's now been solved!

So the existential theme of the second arc is "Why am I here?" Septemus has begun to wonder, and his questions will just continue through time... eventually leading to Sebastion constructing the rocket and travelling to Sixam to find out! IF he's able to afford one and construct it and skill up in time... he might fail! But he'll try!

One possibility is that this could be a theory: Dove/INWk shares what she knows about the situation on her planet, and then Sebastion theorizes that this could be why all the little ones were shipped off...

But it's just a theory, and we don't know for sure.

Another thought I had is that maybe it was a Refugee ship! Septemus has been singing about black holes a lot...
    And I have this idea that maybe his home planet was eaten up by a black hole :(

And so maybe these are little ones that needed to be saved from something... some could be clones; some could be refugees of other sorts...

I like it! I don't want to dominate the discussion, but the refugee ship idea is super cool and explains the mix of clones and non-clones. The exact explanation, of course, went down with the ship.
    41tidg8.jpg
    I like it! I don't want to dominate the discussion, but the refugee ship idea is super cool and explains the mix of clones and non-clones. The exact explanation, of course, went down with the ship.

Yeah! I really like having "the exact explanation" going down with the ship! That way, it leaves plenty of room for our littlies' imaginings, dreams/nightmares, and questions, and plenty of room for our care-givers to speculate, theorize, and investigate! It also allows us each to have the type of story we want! So, yay!

I know I'll want Sebastion to be in touch with Dove--do you think he should join Pen Pal project and find her that way, or should they come across each other on http://bizoopagoto.forumotion.com/ ?

I signed up dove on bizoopagato! She's LuminescentSongbird.

An idea- maybe this language has compound words! Part of the word indicates a thing that is a clone (bizoo?) and the rest is a child. (Bizaa meaning a thing in proximity/relation to clones?) I don't know, but it makes sense to me.

An important concept for my aliens is "the gift of life". (Single concept/word.) "The gift of life" refers to the "soul"- the emoting, living, part. Aliens believe that all things have "the gift of life", which might tie into the no-object nature of their language?
    The aliens, on the other hand, believe that clones do not have "the gift of life". This is why they feel comfortable exploiting them. Aliens also might have a different word for the normal sim concept of a soul.

Again, all of this is subject to change, revision, and objection, but I like to get my ideas out there!
    41tidg8.jpg
    I signed up dove on bizoopagato! She's LuminescentSongbird.

An idea- maybe this language has compound words! Part of the word indicates a thing that is a clone (bizoo?) and the rest is a child. (Bizaa meaning a thing in proximity/relation to clones?) I don't know, but it makes sense to me.

An important concept for my aliens is "the gift of life". (Single concept/word.) "The gift of life" refers to the "soul"- the emoting, living, part. Aliens believe that all things have "the gift of life", which might tie into the no-object nature of their language?
    The aliens, on the other hand, believe that clones do not have "the gift of life". This is why they feel comfortable exploiting them. Aliens also might have a different word for the normal sim concept of a soul.

Again, all of this is subject to change, revision, and objection, but I like to get my ideas out there!

Yes! That really fits with the paired nature of the syntax!
    One joke I have in mind for the future is that when Sebastion finally makes it to Sixam, he'll be speaking the alien language with them, and they'll say to him, "You speak like a two-year-old!" And he'll say, "That's because a two-year-old was my teacher!" Of course, Septemus's skills will be stuck at two-year-old level, since he hasn't been with other speakers...

And yes! Indeed! The no-object nature of the language is designed to reflect Martin Buber's concept of I-thou. We recognize that each one that we interact with (even inanimate objects) have a locus of their own.

Recent work with consciousness (Koch and Tonini and Max Tegmark) hold that consciousness is found in many things... I wanted their language to reflect this approach to others.

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Next chapter is up in Leia and Oriana's adventures. Enjoy!
    https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/07/14/chapter-1-4-geekcon-festival
    stinkiest_toddler_on_the_planet.png
    I'll be posting a Daily Dove Diary with her misadventures in being a bizaabgotojo, first episode coming soon!
    41tidg8.jpg
    I'll be posting a Daily Dove Diary with her misadventures in being a bizaabgotojo, first episode coming soon!

Oh, awesome! I'm looking forward to this! :)

First chapter of Dove's Daily Diary is up! These will be short snippets of adorable life with toddler and teens.
    41tidg8.jpg