Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they'll give us Werewolves?

I'm not talking about the big "puppies" from Sims3 but beasts from historical folk lore type of Werewolves! What self-respecting Werewolf would play fetch, let you rub their belly, or smack them on the nose with a rolled up newspaper?

Also, Sims that get attacked by a werewolf should include scratches - nothing gory since it's TEEN rated - just scratch lines. Maybe red to simulate open wounds (not bleeding, just an open wound).

I think the problem with Sims3 werewolves was that they were trying to give us several lifestates at once instead of focusing on one at a time. Compare the Sims3 vampires to Sims4 vampires and you kinda see what I mean. Sims4 vampires have their own pack and better than Sims3 - changing to dark forms, strengths and weaknesses, NO SPRINKLES, (please don't make me go further). I genuinely feel that it's because they focused on ONE type of lifestate instead of trying to do several at one time.

So what you think? Is there going to be Werewolves Game Pack SOMEWHERE along the line?
...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!

Comments

• CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I hope so. Vampires and werewolves are a thing, and it'd be fair that they get the same treatment.
    Also body hair. ;)
  • ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    I want witches before I want werewolves!

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2017
    I want wizards not witches. Gandalf is a lot more fun in my opinion. I don't want 'secret' witches popping up casting spells on Sims. I would rather have a wizard duel than trying to posion a Sim. Or give a Sim night terrors for days instead of trying to make a silly love potion. Or those silly emotional potions I'm sure they would think would be a good idea of witches..nope already have herbal stuff in game. (And already got emotion fixers in game). I would like to see a remake of TS' Makin' Magic but that will never happen. But I would also like mean, ravaging werewolves, no petting the nose this time, for the love of Pete. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Mm no. I don't think so.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    I rather have wizards or sorceress and then mermaids.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    I want hemlock grove werewolves ^_^
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm not talking about the big "puppies" from Sims3 but beasts from historical folk lore type of Werewolves! What self-respecting Werewolf would play fetch, let you rub their belly, or smack them on the nose with a rolled up newspaper?

Also, Sims that get attacked by a werewolf should include scratches - nothing gory since it's TEEN rated - just scratch lines. Maybe red to simulate open wounds (not bleeding, just an open wound).

I think the problem with Sims3 werewolves was that they were trying to give us several lifestates at once instead of focusing on one at a time. Compare the Sims3 vampires to Sims4 vampires and you kinda see what I mean. Sims4 vampires have their own pack and better than Sims3 - changing to dark forms, strengths and weaknesses, NO SPRINKLES, (please don't make me go further). I genuinely feel that it's because they focused on ONE type of lifestate instead of trying to do several at one time.

So what you think? Is there going to be Werewolves Game Pack SOMEWHERE along the line?
    Regardless which are better (vampires in TS3 are indeed disappointing and werewolves more like big ugly dogs), they didn't focus on more than one type of lifestate at one time when they created them (vampires that is, they came with Late Night and were the only life state in there). The sprinkles you only get when you choose a certain LTR. Unfortunately EA loves sprinkles and signs and whatnot, turning it into some sort of comic book.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    I surely hope so. My personal gameplay revolves around them story wise. I haven't seen them mentioned in any surveys like the other three. Werewolves are very powerful and a natural enemy to Vampires, so they have a lot of potential. We may not see them on a survey for a while until the next supernatural is released.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited July 2017
    I would hope so. There needs to be a nice variety of supernatural, and werewolves and vamps go together nicely. Plus, I feel it's a staple supernatural in The Sims series at this point, just like the vampires.

Personally, I wouldn't mind werewolves as long as the devs provided us the tools to make the different types of werewolves we want, just like they did with the Vampjres Game Pack. (I am one of those who like the friendly werewolves, friendly vamps, etc, alongside the "scary" ones.)

ETA: I personally really want the fairies and mermaids, though. (And maybe genies or witches.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I hope not. Supernaturals just make the game feel fake and just blah. Its why I don't play with aliens or haven't bought the vamps pack. They add nothing, and seem blah to me.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2017
    I would hope so. There needs to be a nice variety of supernatural, and werewolves and vamps go together nicely. Plus, I feel it's a staple supernatural in The Sims series at this point, just like the vampires.

Personally, I wouldn't mind werewolves as long as the devs provided us the tools to make the different types of werewolves we want, just like they did with the Vampjres Game Pack. (I am one of those who like the friendly werewolves, friendly vamps, etc, alongside the "scary" ones.)

ETA: I personally really want the fairies and mermaids, though. (And maybe genies or witches.)

I wonder if they would add wolfman vs howling werewolves? lol That might be a good creative venture to set them how we want them. Wolfman could be a little less scary and more human like, howling werewolf could be a little darker and more wild animal, dangerous werewolf.

Oh, just thought of something and add a new reason to lock up the Sims behind the GTW bars, and make the door work with this pack since we would sometimes want to lock up the dangerous werewolves. lol >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2017
    I hope not! No werewolves, no zombies, no mermaids, no fairies, no plant people ! Keep that stuff in the sims 3 !! Lol!! :D
    Post edited by Goddessqueenb on
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited July 2017
    Well, I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. Vampires and Werewolves were in the previous Sims games, being the Sims 2 and 3. Since Vampires have appeared in 4 and with an apparent Werewolf statue somewhere in Forgotten Hollow? ( Correct me if I'm wrong )

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they're found in surveys and game coding.

Personally, I'm mixed on them. I do want Werewolves, but so far, they've been quite lame. I did end up enjoying the Vampires from the Sims 3, but I knew they could've been fleshed out. The Sims 4 delivered with that, so I hope the same happens to them.

And maybe ditch the "furry" look with Werewolves and go for something a little more like this:

thumb-1920-86159.jpg

Well, I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. Vampires and Werewolves were in the previous Sims games, being the Sims 2 and 3. Since Vampires have appeared in 4 and with an apparent Werewolf statue somewhere in Forgotten Hollow? ( Correct me if I'm wrong )

Personally, I'm mixed on them. I do want Werewolves, but so far, they've been quite lame. I did end up enjoying the Vampires from the Sims 3, but I knew they could've been fleshed out. The Sims 4 delivered with that, so I hope the same happens to them.

And maybe ditch the "furry" look with Werewolves and go for something a little more like this:

thumb-1920-86159.jpg

I agree. I think the werewolves should exactly like that, with every inch of their bodies covered in fur and the face of a wolf. In stead of really hairy people with bad hygiene lol.
    They need to ditch the sims 3 friendly version and go with something more like this.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

thumb-1920-86159.jpg

COOL I want this
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Absolutely, I have to believe they've got to be the next life state. Considering all the "Hints" in Vampires. I mean come on, Wolfsbane? Sure it might be found in some Vampire Lore (I've never seen it till now), but It's Wolf's bane.

I would like 2 forms, Human basic default form, Wolf form I want to be able to create this and Be able to create the Beasts Posted above.

tumblr_n8dpwge9ZS1sxaxxgo3_500.gif

and then I would like a Bonus form... Maybe add it later with Pets, or maybe if the pets pack is already created and out by the time, Werewolves is out. Wolf Form, Nothing like Bat form.

Wolf form Should be a Top Tier Werewolf power, your sim would be able to shift between all three. and it's fully customizable in CAS.
    So basically you'd be able to walk around and interact as a Full wolf.

bild_s8.jpg

and then the ability to go back into CAS and remove a werewolf's human form. because my story has a chapter it's like the Beauty and the Beast scenario, and It requires a 13 year old boy to be stuck as a wolf for 85 years.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Absolutely, I have to believe they've got to be the next life state. Considering all the "Hints" in Vampires. I mean come on, Wolfsbane? Sure it might be found in some Vampire Lore (I've never seen it till now), but It's Wolf's bane.

I would like 2 forms, Human basic default form, Wolf form I want to be able to create this and Be able to create the Beasts Posted above.

tumblr_n8dpwge9ZS1sxaxxgo3_500.gif

and then I would like a Bonus form... Maybe add it later with Pets, or maybe if the pets pack is already created and out by the time, Werewolves is out. Wolf Form, Nothing like Bat form.

Wolf form Should be a Top Tier Werewolf power, your sim would be able to shift between all three. and it's fully customizable in CAS.
    So basically you'd be able to walk around and interact as a Full wolf.

bild_s8.jpg

and then the ability to go back into CAS and remove a werewolf's human form. because my story has a chapter it's like the Beauty and the Beast scenario, and It requires a 13 year old boy to be stuck as a wolf for 85 years.

I hope with all my hope your wish comes true
    edited July 2017
    so do you think the Werewolves will go to the vet or too the doctor ?
  • YoGummyBearYoGummyBear Posts: 41 Member
    I think they might add werewolves in the pets pack, like they did in the Sims 2.
    grimbunny-wallpaper-the-sims-4.jpg
    I think they might add werewolves in the pets pack, like they did in the Sims 2.

That would be insane, but they would probably be watered down and treated like pets.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited January 2018
    I think if werewolves aren't in pets the next supernatural will be fairies you guys saw the doll house in toddler stuff pack if that doesn't point to fairies then I don't know what does the one I'm hoping for most is dragons though
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I think that if we get werewolves (and I certainly hope we do!), they'll be after Pets, since they'll share a lot of the same animations.
    Also, since we got one supernatural this year, the earliest they'll show up is next spring.
    And they'll be awesome, like toddlers and vampires were.
    Oh, I just thought of something-werewolf toddlers!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    If we get werewolves maybe body hair will be added with them..? I miss body hair tbh. I know that there are mods for it but I don't use mods with my game.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited July 2017
    I think sims 4 will probably end up with werewolves somewhere down the track. An entire Game Pack? What sort of game play would they fill that with? Other than customising their appearance and shifting between one form and another, what are people hoping to do with werewolves? I didn't play them in Sims 2 or Sims 3, but Sims 4 is doing some interesting things, so I'm not opposed to broadening my gameplay. I just can't think of what I would do with a werewolf, besides try to eat other sims, howl at the moon...fight vampires? Would you play AS the werewolf, or just have them roaming your worlds? I think whether or not werewolves come in their own Game Pack, will depend on what gameplay ideas the gurus can come up with. If it's not much, then I think they'll be packaged with other supes.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top