Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Studio help

I dowloaded Sims 4 Studio, because I believe that I read on this forum somewhere that this program can help view and deleted unwanted CC, especially if you don't remember the name to match it to the filename. And also to turn off some items as random for townie sims? Well, I downloaded it and I don't know how to view my CC? All I see is this screen and I seem to don't understand how it works. I tried to find something on youtube to show me what to do and there was a tutorial that showed there is a "MY CC" button under "MY PROJECTS", but I don't have that...

Screen%20Shot%202017-07-09%20at%207.11.01%20PM_zpsc1pp9epu.png

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2017
    can't see the picture, photobucket is borked
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    does this work?

2cz1u7t.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2017
    Right, so that's the mac version, and the reason it doesn't look the same as the videos you're seeing is because there is also a windows version which I believe has more capability.

I don't use a mac so I can't be of much help there, but if it works the same as the windows version, you can probably still disable CC from random by clicking Tools > Batch Fixes > CAS > Disable CC for random

no idea how to go about viewing the packages on a mac. Hopefully someone who uses it on mac can come and help you, or ask on the S4S forums.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Yep, looks like the Mac version lacks the My CC button.
    So_Money wrote: »
    Yep, looks like the Mac version lacks the My CC button.

yes, I am using a Mac. That's the reason ? So I can't use the program ?
  • sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    @aaronrulz heres the tumblr post about it:
    https://sims4studioofficial.tumblr.com/post/155906279756/sims-4-studio-for-mac-appletini-updates-for

In the second image theres a bar at the top of the window with "file", "edit" etc. In one of those drop downs there should be a "my cc" option, which will bring up a window with your mods folders to the left and a pic of the cc item on the right. From the looks of it, the mac version has been updated twice since the "my cc" feature has been added so I'm assuming it should be there somewhere, but I'm on windows so I can't say from my own experience.
    There isn't a "MY CC" option anywhere in the drop down menus. I have searched it it appears that 1.1.0.5 Appletini, which I have, is the most updated version of the MAC version of Sim 4 Studio. Am I missing something? This whole process has been beyond frustrating. blah
  • SysimsSysims Posts: 5 New Member
    If you are trying to disable cc for townies, in the toolbar at the top select Tools > batch fixes > CAS. From there the option to disallow cc for townies/aliens is available.
    Sysims wrote: »
    If you are trying to disable cc for townies, in the toolbar at the top select Tools > batch fixes > CAS. From there the option to disallow cc for townies/aliens is available.

Is this for homeless/newly generated sims? or everyone?
    I believe it applies to newly generated (so everyone wearing cc before this might be excluded). For example, if you do the batch fix to disable cc for random, when sims are created they aren't able to randomly end up in that awesome hat you downloaded for your main family lol
    ok it said it fixed 203 sims...which makes me nervous. I'm afraid I deleted CC from Sims in my entire world. lol. Is there a way to reverse this if that is the case? Can I just deleted the Batch Fix folder in Sims 4 Studio? eek!
    the fix should be applied to the items of cc themselves, so it doesnt make changes to your save just the package files in your mods folder. If you want to revert the files to their original state, the batch folder in your s4s folder has backups of the original files.
    ok thanks.
  • MelianSimsMelianSims Posts: 10 New Member
    Sorry for going of topic in this thread, but I can't find any other way to get help, and I promise it is not for lack of trying.

I registered at the sims 4 studio webpage, but when I enter my info and try to sign in, I just get 404 error message (page not found). So I can't download the studio and I can't ask for help, since I'm not logged in.
    And I can't make a new thread asking for help here, for some reason.

So uh.. Can anyone help me?
  • CeCeStarrxCeCeStarrx Posts: 7 New Member
    How do I add a secondary asset from the game to my custom mesh
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    CeCeStarrx wrote: »
    CeCeStarrx wrote: »

You might get a faster answer to your question by posting on the Sims 4 Studio board. Once you are logged in the have a section for Creator Help. http://sims4studio.com/
  • AnnyeAnnye Posts: 25 New Member
    Sorry to use this thread, but does anyone here know how can I fix old mods to work on the new patch for island paradise?
  • AnnyeAnnye Posts: 25 New Member
    thank you very much!