Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Business Partnerships?

My sim bought a partnership with the hospital. He gets 6k from that a week & then he's an astronaut too so he gets 12k in total a week. he lives with his wife and 4 daughters in a mansion on an island. He's about to be an elder. His wife is unemployed & so are his children, 2 of them aren't even teens yet. when he dies, that's -6k a week (no longer working as an astronaut) and the rent is high. Because I was playing as him when i bought the partnership, when he dies does the family loose the partnership & or does it stay? because my sims will quickly start losing money due to the high rent and will have to move out.

Comments

• ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Partnership as he invested in it and bought the hospital? Then your family inherits it. I bought up most of an entire town with one of my old games way back in the day and their kids always inherited the deeds.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I haven't had anyone who bought a business die yet in my game. But in my current game a number of teens wished to be a business partner so I had them go buy into quite a few rabbit holes. When they aged up and moved out, the ownership stayed with the active household; I can still collect profits and later was able to buy out the rest of the businesses.

My impression is that ownership is not actually limited to one sim, that the entire household is the "owner." However I don't know what happens if he is living alone and dies. There aren't actual deeds in the game anymore. Nor do I know what happens when you move sims out and make them the active family - whether they take ownership of all the businesses. And on top of that, mods might change things entirely.
  • CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    Partnership as he invested in it and bought the hospital? Then your family inherits it. I bought up most of an entire town with one of my old games way back in the day and their kids always inherited the deeds.

What if the kids eventually split up and go to different households? and idk if he bought the hospital, it said "buy partnership" so i did
    Caelem wrote: »

What if the kids eventually split up and go to different households? and idk if he bought the hospital, it said "buy partnership" so i did

Well I've never had any of my moved out people inherit the deeds. Just the ones in the household. But maybe you can transfer ownership to the ones that moved out? I've never tried though
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    edited July 2017
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I haven't had anyone who bought a business die yet in my game. But in my current game a number of teens wished to be a business partner so I had them go buy into quite a few rabbit holes. When they aged up and moved out, the ownership stayed with the active household; I can still collect profits and later was able to buy out the rest of the businesses.

My impression is that ownership is not actually limited to one sim, that the entire household is the "owner." However I don't know what happens if he is living alone and dies. There aren't actual deeds in the game anymore. Nor do I know what happens when you move sims out and make them the active family - whether they take ownership of all the businesses. And on top of that, mods might change things entirely.

Yeah there's an Nraas story progression module that effects money stuff like inheritance. I haven't played with it enough yet to know how it actually works though, I just installed it. And I did so mostly for the ability to take out loans and have to repay them hahahaha
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    Deeds are tied to individual households, not a specific Sim. I'm not sure what happens if everyone in the household dies - perhaps the ownership would go back to not being owned by anybody.

If you change active households, the household that bought the property is still the owner. I know this because I've done some fancy stuff with that in one of my mods.