Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List your ideas for car gameplay here one of the SimGurus wants to know

Comments

• JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    The return of the car enthusiast trait.
    Trait for fast dare devil drivers, can drift the car/motorcycles/scooters/or even bikes.
    Cars for low end sims that are beat up, all the way to luxury cars like Lamborgini's, Ferrari's, and Bugatti's.
    Active career to be car mechanic.
    I'd like to see animations for low end sims such as patching up a car, or even kicking it for not working properly, animations for high class sims, such as drivers opening the door for sims, carrying bags, and even walking sims to the car with umbrella when it rains (for seasons).
    The return of Garages.
    Limo services for special occasions, or wealthy sims.
    Sims can occasionally get a ticket for speeding.
    Burglars can steal/hot wire cars based on their skill level, options for tech to prevent these occurrences.
    Valet parking at special venues, option to tip driver.
    A color wheel for cars to really customize their look.
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    Klthf wrote: »
    I think adding garages would mean that the road has to continue onto the lot, which would require changing the sidewalks on every lot. Otherwise we would get cars teleporting onto the street, which would be The Sims 3 style. Personally I didn't like that.

TS2 driveways didn't have any issue with that. I'd be fine with the exact same animations. The only little detail i'd like added is that the drive ways should be able to be placed anywhere on the lot and not just one side ( the sims 2 was extending to the right of the road i think so you couldn't place it on the other side as there was no room for the road extension) We could get pieces and construct them the way we want. Straight ones and corners to create a driveway path to the road from anywhere on the lot and left and right road pieces to mark from where the car would enter the road. As for lots that are not connected to the road, if the driveway pieces are transparent we could just edit the terrain paint below to look like tire tracks on the ground, or we could have asphalt ones, pavement/tiled ones , and semi transparent ones that will only add the illusion of tire tracks on any type of terrain.

Oh and now that I remember it...If we do get garages, please make the wall basketball hoop to be able to be placed above the garage doors. Detail but adds to the realism of the game. And of course that means that the driveway will not block the ability for sims to play basketball when not in use. If a car needs to pull in or out , sims who play basketball at the time should cancel the action. Game should always give priority to the cars

• JesterHatJolteonJesterHatJolteon Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm going to drop a post I made earlier here. I'm not a fan of doing so, but I kinda dropped it in the wrong place. Darn tabbed browsing.

Cars could potentially be upgradable by sims with a high-handiness skill as well, or perhaps Auto Repair could be its own skill, separate from handiness? Cars are pretty complex.
    Upgrades could range from a simple visual thing like adding spoilers, to something that actually changes gameplay in some way, such as enhancing engines to be more eco-friendly, drive smoother or even faster...

I mean, cars would be a great feature, but it would take some work to get them functioning in a way that's necessarily preferable, with the Sims 4 being a fairly closed world for the most part. If the worlds were more open in the first place, that's where they'd really shine, because you could actually drive to work, the bowling alley, a restaurant, what have you.
    At that point, a sims' car could really mean a lot game play wise too; a sim with an impressive card could boost about it, other sims could ride in it with them and get an uncomfortable moodlet from a bad ride, a happy moodlet from a good ride, and so on... And, in the case of dating, maybe even a flirty moodlet. Care would break down occasionally as well, going back to the auto repair skill too, and sims with a high auto repair skill could fix the problems themselves, while lower-leveled sims would only be able to fix the most basic of problems (Running out of gas, changing oil, etc.)

And then, if we has that, why not has gas stations or repair shops too? Maybe that's too ambitious or tedious, given Sims are pretty fickle already. Perhaps fixing a car for a sim with low Auto Repair could just cal a normal repairman.
  • RoyalTeacupRoyalTeacup Posts: 114 Member
    Sorry if these have been included already:
    Option for teens to take car for a joy ride. (They can be arrested or get away)
    Of course an option to teach teens to drive.
    Car accidents!!! (This could possibly be a new death option! I know it sounds morbid but I still kinda like it)
    Stick potato in tail pipe (like with rockets)
    Road Rage emotion
    Suspended license for getting into accidents or a result of road rage
    Teens (and or kids) can build relationship with parents/adults by helping them build or repair the car
    Oooh and add car seats and make it so that you have to buy one before your toddler/infant can ride in the car with you!
  • Trilliana82Trilliana82 Posts: 7 New Member
    Sul Sul! :)
    Brainstorm:
    -Interactive cars (although need to rebuild all building for parking space): get in/out, drive in/out, carwash (for a chill emotion cleaning and joy for tidy sims), driving lesson (for family activities and goal seeker teens to have a driving license), tinkering (for handyman sims)
    -vehicle alternatives like bike, roller, skateboard, rollerblade and freestyle with it.
    -interactive transporting: taxi, tram, bus (schoolbus/normal bus) and stations too, underground, carpool or your sim co-worker/friend who has a car and get your sim up from home to go for work/hangout etc or take kids to school.
    -Would be fun and totally new in sims if there would be a drive-in cinema/car cinema. Teens could gather there too or family activities, sims could go for a date (speaking of the devil: date with a car.. I will never forget my husband took me on our 1st date for a car ride in the city and he took me in strange areas in the city where I have had never been there before and then took for a city view in the night it was amazing) there too and there would be a food/drink vendor too for snacks.

Overall everything with cars and vehicles but in new level since this is sims 4!

Happy simming everybody!
    Dag Dag! :)
    Trillian
  • SisselinSisselin Posts: 150 Member
    Sul Sul! :)
    Brainstorm:
    -Interactive cars (although need to rebuild all building for parking space): get in/out, drive in/out, carwash (for a chill emotion cleaning and joy for tidy sims), driving lesson (for family activities and goal seeker teens to have a driving license), tinkering (for handyman sims)
    -vehicle alternatives like bike, roller, skateboard, rollerblade and freestyle with it.
    -interactive transporting: taxi, tram, bus (schoolbus/normal bus) and stations too, underground, carpool or your sim co-worker/friend who has a car and get your sim up from home to go for work/hangout etc or take kids to school.
    -Would be fun and totally new in sims if there would be a drive-in cinema/car cinema. Teens could gather there too or family activities, sims could go for a date (speaking of the devil: date with a car.. I will never forget my husband took me on our 1st date for a car ride in the city and he took me in strange areas in the city where I have had never been there before and then took for a city view in the night it was amazing) there too and there would be a food/drink vendor too for snacks.

Overall everything with cars and vehicles but in new level since this is sims 4!

Happy simming everybody!
    Dag Dag! :)
    Trillian

Omg I didn't even think about inlines/rollerblades!! Those are my favorite way of getting around and I would love it if my sims could get around that way too! And not only in a rollerblading rink please
    Get my cc and follow me on tumblr here https://sisselin.tumblr.com/tagged/my cc
    tumblr_p44az47wrF1wvxve9o10_r1_1280.png
  • KingBasieSimsKingBasieSims Posts: 2 New Member
    Honestly @SimGuruKimmi I think that cars should be added with the game update. They should have the same animation and interactions as the sims 2 cars because the world's aren't open so it's pointless to drive around unless it's like when the sims are jogging. It wouldn't be fair that we only get cars in an Ep or anything like that since not every simmer can buy it.

On a separate note, I think a pack also can be made for cars like in sims 3. In that pack that's where all the other game ideas that have been taken into consideration can be added like learning how to driving, gaining machanic skills, the machanic career and new lots etc. This way everyone can have cars and those that are able to, can get the add-ons of the cars. I don't know it that made sense or not.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I also agree that cars should come in a free update because they should have been included seeing that we have cars zoom by homes already in the game since launch.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member
    I can't believe almost 3 years into the and they just asking about cars! :/
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    why do you went cars to return are cars relly needed in sims4 when sims are transported to where they need to go say you went your sims to visit his next door neighbor do you relly need a car for this?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • gtsugargtsugar Posts: 13 New Member
    I agree with most of the comments here. I liked the realism of the sims pulling out of the driveway and getting in and out of the car. Not sure if it was already mentioned, but I would also like to see the alarm installation back also. Perhaps if we eventually get seasons again some working windshield wipers would be a great detail. And I like the idea of having street parking but I would love a new animation where the sim would actually have to parallel park. Towards that I'd like a little more realism in the amount of vehicles around in stead of pretty empty streets. Maybe even have traffic outside of clubs as people pull up or schools to do drop off kids at peak times. And I would like to not see sims just walking into the street when cars are coming like it's not there. There should be walk signs that the sim obeys or not at their own risk. We need actual stop lights that the sims can obey or run. Getting a ticket if caught ofcourse. Maybe that's asking too much but I think for sims 4 car interactions have to be stepped a bit in some way not just a full rehash. Just my personal opinion though so I know if we do get cars it wil go with general overall wants.
  • ValeahValeah Posts: 98 Member
    I too would like to see cars, and motorbikes, back. And I love the idea of a Mechanic Skill to work on cars. Restoring a broken down old heap, or upgrading,or customizing, a new car. The Drive In idea is good too. As is being pulled over by the police. There are a lot of interesting possibilities. Vans, or off-road vehicles; even Camper Vans or RV's for weekend getaways.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    why do you went cars to return are cars relly needed in sims4 when sims are transported to where they need to go say you went your sims to visit his next door neighbor do you relly need a car for this?
    Was laundry really needed when Sims outfits were fine as is never being washed?
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

Yes cars are really needed to make more real in my opinion. No they don't need a car to visit a neighbor but they do for visiting other neighborhoods like I'm majority in newcrest but I visit oasis springs and other neighbors often and it would be nice to have a car instead of just walking off the lot.
  • LynnziegoLynnziego Posts: 9 New Member
    I would be happy with just having the carpool and school bus in TS4. As far as personal cars go, I like how they functioned in Sims 2. And maybe bikes for the children, like TS3.
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I like Simmer Will's ideas, I see Cars in TS4 as a bit like Toddlers, improved on both TS2 and TS3 eve though it did come later.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    My ideas:
    -Cars like in TS2, with animations to get in and out, driving from the garage to the street, plus interactions such as listen to the radio and woohoo.
    -Car Washing: Cars would get dirty from time to time and sims could wash them at home or take them to a car wash.
    -Fuel: Cars would need fuel (gas or electricity, if it's an electric car) from time to time. There would be gas stations too.
    -Driving Lessons: Teens can learn how to drive, like in TS3 Generations.
    -Fixing: Cars could break sometimes like other objects such as the fridge, the TV, the computer, and would need to be fixed.
    -Fixer Upper Cars: Like in TS2 Free Time and TS3 Store.
    -Garage doors like in TS2/TS3, and the driveway would work like in TS2. Garage doors can be left open or closed with an interaction like in TS3 and do not necessarily need to be placed in a driveway, they can be placed anywhere, as they can also be used for other purposes. Also, garage doors and driveways can be placed in split-levels in houses with foundations.
    -Underground garages: There would be car ramps that would allow garage doors and driveways to be placed in the basement.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Because this is a Life Simulator. I want cars. We could give sims various cars to go with their personalities,customise them and pick the color and so on and of course I want some car woohooing and making out.
  • Tay_TayTay_Tay Posts: 3 New Member
    Idk if this would be possible but for those who have Dine Out, there would be a big update

Drive Thrus

What happens is your Sims pull up to the new order station where you click on what they order as if you were eating in the restaurant

After they order they can pull up to the new drive thru window where the new employee, called the cashier asks for your money

Then there would be two options

You could pull up to the next window where a cook would give you your food or stay at the same window and the same person would give you your food in a bag

Then they would drive off the lot and take the food home and eat it like you would a home cooked meal
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    Whenever they add Cars in, I really want to have custom Campers or Mobile Homes to live in:)) They could add a new world where their are trailer parks, and they could add a lot in for campers in Outdoor Retreat. Where maybe your sim is a world traveler, Doesn't want to live in just one spot. Or maybe you sim got kicked out of the house and has to live in their car. Maybe they can add new skills and new aspirations. Instant happiness and inspired moods. World Traveler Goals, and collectibles. Tiny Homes that have a lot of new styled furniture that can be used for multi-purpose:))
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    Cars? What for? :neutral: I think they would look pretty, but they'd also be very useless. Unless they removed the teleporting thing which I think is very unlikely. The streets don't even work the same way they do in the Sims 2. Asking for things that may never happen is pretty.... sad :sweat: (sorry Sims 4 simmers.) Anyway, I just hope they add cars to the Sims 5. :smile:
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    Oh and ice cream trucks, and toy electric cars for little kids to play in:))
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    There are already so much ideas for cars, I don't think I have new ideas to add.
    But what I really loved in Sims 3 was the bicycles. Both for adults and children.
    And if possible more than just one adult and one children's bicycle like in the sims 3. Maybe a sports bike, a mountainbike and a "classic" with or without a basket.
  • Serenity1991Serenity1991 Posts: 38 Member
    Please add cars back....
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    DyingLight wrote: »
    Cars? What for? :neutral: I think they would look pretty, but they'd also be very useless. Unless they removed the teleporting thing which I think is very unlikely. The streets don't even work the same way they do in the Sims 2. Asking for things that may never happen is pretty.... sad :sweat: (sorry Sims 4 simmers.) Anyway, I just hope they add cars to the Sims 5. :smile:

And we needed laundry for what reason again?We need cars for the same reason we needed them in TS2 were there NO open areas at all. We would see the sim just get into the car and drive off the driveway before we got the loading screen .. Now at least there is somewhere to actually drive to , not as open as TS3 but at least more open than ts2.. And you do realise that the one who first asked the question about cars was an actual SimGuru??? I'm sorry SimGuru we will not tell you how we imagine cars in game because DyingLight thinks its sad asking for something that may never happen... :|