Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twins without fertility boosters!

I got surprised last night by a set of twins since I definitely wasn't expecting them! My first set since I started playing TS4 again and my first set in general that was au naturel. Maybe the game was trying to make up for having the babies' grandfather die RIGHT as they were being born. . . Everyone was a weird blend of happy and sad! Anyone else end up surprised with twins without aiming for them?
6riwm5.png

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I seem to get them more often than not. Au naturel. I had to get a mod so I can choose to have just one.
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    In my game it's also far more commonly twins and triplets.
    When a sim is pregnant and is in labour I already go like: ''Please be one, please be one, please be one, please be one....''
    And I refrain from using the lot trait, fertility trait and fertility massage as I have far too much twins :neutral:
  • Options
    John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    You know it really upsets me because I'll sit here and make a whole amazing nursery expecting one kid and then all of a sudden the game is like "LOL, NOPE!" and I have to do all of that work setting up a whole 'nother bed and then I don't have the money for it so I have to binge-paint things and sell them and after like an hour I'm like well, son, you can finally stop sleeping on the couch like a college drop out and sleep in your own child bed and they are all like "No, i'll just sleep on the bench across the street instead" because that's how Sims is.
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Maybe this is a sign in my game and I too will now be plagued by endless litters of sim babies. . . Woohoo is now banned in my household! Parents banished to separate beds. It's a slippery slope after all.
    John4est wrote: »
    You know it really upsets me because I'll sit here and make a whole amazing nursery expecting one kid and then all of a sudden the game is like "LOL, NOPE!" and I have to do all of that work setting up a whole 'nother bed and then I don't have the money for it so I have to binge-paint things and sell them and after like an hour I'm like well, son, you can finally stop sleeping on the couch like a college drop out and sleep in your own child bed and they are all like "No, i'll just sleep on the bench across the street instead" because that's how Sims is.

also this is hilarious. for me, when I lived on Windenburg's island everybody in the house was determined to sleep in those dang bushes 24/7.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    Are twin inherited? I ask because for the past 3 generations i have always had at least one set of boy-girl twins. I have also had triplets in another save.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I had to use MC Command to limit the births to 1 in my last game save, as I had 2 sets of triplets and countless twins, I was using MC Command to handle townie marriages and births at the time. In one of my played households I ended up with 3 toddlers. I swore, I'll never do that again!
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,566 Member
    Yes, I finally got twins without any help. I also got an actual set of triplets once, as well. My first set I called triplets, was really the wife having one baby, but the hubby had been abducted just moments before the wedding began. He came back preggars, apparently. He had twins, a girl and a boy. The boy was my Legacy heir. Phew!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    tinaestelletinaestelle Posts: 201 Member
    I've played all iterations of The Sims and I've only ever gotten twins a handful of times. I can only think of one time while playing Sims 4, and it was pretty recent. I got them naturally without using any mods or gameplay traits.
  • Options
    BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    I just got a gorgeous set of twins, Beyami and Jordan. One with black hair from her father, one with fire engine red hair from her mother. :joy:
    tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    My twin sim just had twins too
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I think it has to do with the towns population, when it is above the curling twins are less likely but when its below the curling twins are higher. Also your most likely get more female so that way they can increase the population.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    I have only gotten one pair of twins that were born on a lot that had the increased trait. I wasn't even trying to get them since I'd forgotten the lot had the trait. The rest have just happened.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I actually had twins a couple days ago.

I wanted my couple to have a son and a daughter, but to my surprise I got twin and they were the exact sexes I wanted them to be so I was happy about that :)
  • Options
    karizzleskarizzles Posts: 263 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    I think it has to do with the towns population, when it is above the curling twins are less likely but when its below the curling twins are higher. Also your most likely get more female so that way they can increase the population.

My problem with trying to get my kid to get kids is that there aren't a lot of males to reproduce with. I have to create them so I can.
    0002745_yuri-on-ice-nitotan-plush-keychains_550.jpeg

• Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Ah cool! I didn't know that could happen.

I hate when I have both parents with fertility trait and yet don't have twins. Like, what?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    karizzleskarizzles Posts: 263 Member
    @Karilan I think it's more likely. I'm not sure if you get twins on the first try though. Other than that, I don't know.
    0002745_yuri-on-ice-nitotan-plush-keychains_550.jpeg

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Yesterday, Hugo and Laura Landgraab had triplets. The first set to occur in my game. Yikes!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    Twins are everywhere in my games. I never use the fertility trait anymore as it seems to do nothing. All these twins come without lot traits or massages or whatever. I think 70% of all kids born in my game are part of a twin...
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I had triplets for the first time in my game. They occurred without any fertility treatment or mods. I often use MCCC to check whether the pregnant mother-to-be is having multiples, and if so, often reduce it to one child. But this time, I forgot to check. I played the household last night and decided to not immediately age them up to toddlers. I wanted to experience what it would be like to take care of triplets. Let's just say, it's a good thing I don't often allow multiples.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    I think one time I got triplets randomly. I usually go crazy with fertility boosting so I'm used to twins and triplets, but the one time I wanted a single child and stayed far away from any fertility boosting method, I got 3 at the same time! (:
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    umbralshadowsumbralshadows Posts: 212 Member
    my friend she likes ta play single parent family with one kid an her sim ended up havin triplets hahahh but so far my sims only hav one kid per pop
    umbralsimoirsig.png
    lookin for lets players an reviewers for tha short/demo version a my game
    download here
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited July 2017
    The first birth ever in my Sims 4 game was twins. And when that same couple got pregnant again, they got another pair of twins without any fertility boosts. I had to delete one of the twins because I wasn't planning on having 4 children at all. :\
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Maybe this is a sign in my game and I too will now be plagued by endless litters of sim babies. . . Woohoo is now banned in my household! Parents banished to separate beds. It's a slippery slope after all.
    John4est wrote: »

also this is hilarious. for me, when I lived on Windenburg's island everybody in the house was determined to sleep in those dang bushes 24/7.

I used the feature in the gender patch where a Sim can't get pregnant or impregnate others -- Sim sterilization, you might say. :D My Sim had really rough pregnancies (both times with a lot of morning sickness) so I wanted to make sure she didn't get pregnant again. Try for Baby doesn't even show up on the choices and I don't use any risky woohoo mods so that should keep my Sims from producing any more kids.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    foreverrose30foreverrose30 Posts: 43 Member
    I want twins i never have any. How do i get them
  • Options
    LillyPutian0LillyPutian0 Posts: 103 Member
    I want twins i never have any. How do i get them
    Do you have City Living? You can get them by adding a lot trait for them.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I seem to get them more often than not. Au naturel. I had to get a mod so I can choose to have just one.
    Yeah, I seem to get them a lot, too, without any help or bonuses or anything. I could use a mod like that!