Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else "fake" seasons/holidays?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    MoonsKisu wrote: »
    I just recently decided to use the winter mod & I love the feeling it's given my game. If I do holidays I have them correspond to rl holidays. I tend to ignore them though.

I am actually about to download that mod as well as the autumn one!!! That will make it all that much more exciting :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I find myself setting up my Sims' houses current with RL. I light the fireplaces when I want, to add atmosphere. It's hard when the base game only gives one season (summer) for the most part, but that doesn't mean I can't have my Sims celebrate certain other seasons. Kudos to the OP. We should ALL play the game the way WE want, to. Me? I don't depend on the weather to dictate. I grew up in Southern California, IE we NEVER had a white Christmas, since we lived five miles off of the Pacific Ocean. Best I could hope for was rain or at the very least a cold, gray day.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Lindsmd113Lindsmd113 Posts: 196 Member
    I haven't done that yet, sounds cool. Although I do change their attire based on real life. It's very cold where I live, so it seems weird to have my sims in tank tops and sandals. So they are currently wearing sweaters and winter clothes
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I've used mods to change the look of the world to fall or winter. My sims rarely celebrate the holidays even when I'm playing the other sim series with real Seasons.

some screenshots of mine:
    tumblr_nyxl3pYAqr1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_nwuquci2Np1ssiu0eo2_1280.png
    Gorgeous.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    Love this. I was snooping around to see what people do with the holiday items. I love decorating and would enjoy using the holiday items, but I just find it hard without the actual seasonal change. And I play rotationally, so it's a lot of effort to remember what season everyone is supposed to be in. I'll decorate for birthday parties, but have yet to make a Christmas party/day. I did a Spooky party once, but it was easy to pass off since it was my rather gothy household.

I'm searching for the winter/fall mods now!
  • Options
    BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    No, I don't mimic seasons or holidays in game. I enjoy that content very much when it is in a seasons EP.

I don't see the point in Spooky Stuff and the free holiday content they add to the game every year as there is no context to them in game at the moment.

totally agree with this statement. I've found some terrain replacements made by talented cc creators that make the world look like autumn or winter but have never tried them, I just want the real thing. I wish they would just drop a seasons pack already. :'(
    tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
  • Options
    MinaMina Posts: 175 Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't mess with weather mods, but I do love throwing parties with holidays in mind; I live in the South and I've never seen a white Christmas, so it's easy for me to pretend that it's chilly outside even if the sun is out and shining.

I appreciate the Holiday and Spooky music stations; those really help set the general mood/aesthetic of the party for me. I'm also a rotational player, so throwing holiday parties is a good excuse to get all of my sims together in a realistic way.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @notetoself00x i really recommend them! I just can't stand the endless summer so these mods have improved my game 500%! I usually celebrate holidays too! I even have some stores that are exclusive to some seasons, like my Christmas tree shop:

tumblr_ohuyujfR0M1vc5980o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ohuyujfR0M1vc5980o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ohuyujfR0M1vc5980o3_1280.jpg

Now I am really sad :(

Your pics look so beautiful and I wish we had seasons so much! But I cannot bring myself to fake it. I don't want pretend weather, I want it to actually snow and rain etc. So no holiday celebrations for me at the moment.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited July 2017
    Since sims 2, can't remember if I did this in sims 1 but my sims would go through seasons and holidays as I go through them in real life. So right now my sims are wearing cooler clothes because it's summer. When it cools down I will put the lawn slide thing in their inventory. The one childcare place still has a few Valentine decor up but it looks nice so I will leave them for now. Another household may have a few Christmas decor left year round because it looks nice. But see, in real life I still have a few holiday decor left up too. A shelf top Christmas tree, candles and stockings. I also have one Halloween piece up on the wall. So yeah. One of the many ways to enjoy sims and decor items.

Afraid to break my game with mods. Some of them sounds so nice and game changing!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie