Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Marycool33

Great family and pics I also get bored very easily so I hope you manage to get your 5 generations :)
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I have been playing the Broke family. This is their story so far.
    This is how the house looks now. I got rid of the pool that killed Skip, and it's a two-story.
    PAmBdz4.jpg
    Dustin graduated college and got a job in the oceanography field his second day got level 10
    3eO4w0u.jpg
    Brandi got into the police field and became Captain Hero. She decided after the boys she wanted a daughter and adopted Julie.
    hZBVsFx.jpg
    Beau is in college and Jamie Ferguson, Brandi's last pregnancy is in high school.
    5lhD9JB.jpg

I have Dustin dating Angela, but they fight constantly. He is still best friends with Dirk Dreamer. Dustin seems to think he picked the wrong twin, because he always has hearts when he talks to Lilith. I'll see how this plays out with Dirk engaged to Lilith.
    Broke family finances go up and down for Brandi, but she put all her kids into private school.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @mctsimmer Nice! The house is certainly a upgrade! Glad Dustin turned out successful, and Brandi as well. Nice Brandi has a little girl now after all those boys. :D Sounds like your game is going well. Thanks for sharing. :)
    @mctsimmer

Great story-line my favorite family lol I have also made their house larger in that way as they have so little room-) Pleased that Dustin moved up in the world I either play them as down and out's or allow them to thrive too depending on what I feel like. I also like the way Brandi became something good career wise and adopted a daughter I may pinch that idea of yours I have never tried that with Brandi as she never seems to have enough female company. That's weird between Dustin and Angela as they are always so in love in my game for some reason and that's why I always put them together as I hate the thought of breaking them up. I imagine Lilith would be a handful to date haha Keep us updated and pics are always welcome :)
  • Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    @mctsimmer I like what you've done with the family and I hope you keep us updated if there's some drama because of that little love circle you described in the end

I live for drama LOL
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    The Brokes need that larger house!

In the meantime I've pretty much just been building (pics to come when I get them organized...) but I did finish writing up some random personal gameplay rules I have about whether or not sims will get divorced. (I posted them to my dreamwidth.) A bit of math involved, but since I keep my notes on paper and dice on my desk (because I'm a nerd who has played this game too long,) it doesn't bug me. Also, I think I struck a good balance between using just bolts of chemistry to determine if sims are a good match, and introducing a random element as to what they're gonna do about it.

I also made some tweaks to the New Edenia Police Station.
    tumblr_osucfsScfl1unofxvo1_540.jpg
    tumblr_osucfsScfl1unofxvo2_540.jpg
    tumblr_osucfsScfl1unofxvo3_540.jpg
    tumblr_osucfsScfl1unofxvo6_250.jpg
    tumblr_osucfsScfl1unofxvo5_250.jpg

Honestly, it's kind of drab on the inside, but I figure that's realistic. I'm going to make a custom sign to put on the front though.

Also, I have an affair that started up behind my back in New Edenia (I was playing a venue at 3x speed at the time...) and I'm not sure what to do about it? Because to be honest it was sort of my fault because I hadn't friend-zoned the right people, meaning married males that one of my straight female romance sims had high attraction to.

I haven't had the ooomph to put all my photobucket photos back up yet, much less pick out new photos to host, but I'll be back with photos of the New Edenia Elementary School soonish.

I also went ahead and made my new CAS sims for introduction at the end of this season, and they're darn pretty. Plus, I'll finally have earned townies by having 10 businesses, so my romance sims can select their paramores from the unattached townie population. ;)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
    @Scribal_Goddess Wow you have been busy! Nice you are getting everything organized, and have a plan. I just run around willy nilly! :D The police station looks great. Ya I don't think the police station needs to be fancy, it is more realistic this way.

So I have pretty much finished my sims new house that they will one day move into..in the far future considering they are still at Uni, and this house is quite expensive! :D Lots of pics so I will use spoilers.

Front
    2lu73pf.jpg

Back porch
    t5ltt4.jpg

Rest of the backyard
    2ufww9v.jpgn33hc0.jpgmmwvpx.jpg Ducks!! 1679lx0.jpgekqjr.jpg

Living room
    2qtij5x.jpg2n8msyx.jpg

Playroom
    24vtvfa.jpg

Kitchen
    2zp8p4o.jpg302aqty.jpg

Dining room
    t54mxx.jpgqodp8w.jpg

Back hall
    dzbbpl.jpg

Master bedroom
    2j2cht0.jpg

Nursery
    2e3o0hz.jpg

@Scribal_Goddess

Nice little police station I have to go out this morning so will take a look at your game-play rules later on. I might have said this before but have you thought about doing a you tube videos on what you are putting together and associated game-play as you remind me a little of the Jessa channel :)
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    @JULES1111 That house is amazing.
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    @JULES1111 wow I love your house. I could only wish to build that good of a house but I'm absolutely horrible when it comes to interior designing so...
    @JULES1111

Defo worth waiting for the pics your house is wonderful I love the size of the rooms the attention to detail and the colors you have put together. I like the way you have added the wedding arch to the back porch and sectioned off the pool and gardening area. I love the little pond with the ducks and foliage too. The playroom for the kids is awesome they will get plenty of happy play and skill points in there-) I think it is better to separate the play area from the nursery as my nursery looks a lot more cluttered than yours at the moment and you know I have to ask the creator of that fantastic kitchen and those tropical pics over the dresser in the bedroom-)

Everything looks lovely you did a really good job :)

• lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    @JULES1111 Oh my ! Your house is awesome ! I'm sure that your sims will be happy in this house.
    @JULES1111 Sweet house, I cannot build well at all. Specially in TS2. Either way, I usually lose my patience when I build so I never do it for long LOL. I love the place you've made, seems like it took a lot of work. Nicely done.
    @keekee53 @Elizabethsims @SPARKY1922 @lulubadwolf @Marycool33 Thank you guys! :blush: I appreciate it, that took me forever! :D Technically it is not even done yet, as I still have 6 empty bedrooms and 2 more baths to finish. I don't know who is going to be staying in those rooms, what the kids are going to be like, so I left them for now. Will take care of that when the time comes.

@SPARKY1922 LOL that isn't the wedding arch, though I can see how you thought it was. It is one of 3 arches that came in a set along with the valance walls, columns, and flowers to throw it all together.

Kitchen was converted by Veranka here: http://veranka-downloads.tumblr.com/post/104685705836/mini-advent-calendar-2014-gift-2-bonate-kitchen

recolors here: http://under-your-skin.com/?p=5145

and the painting is in the set here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=263556
    @JULES1111 You can fit the whole legacy in there! I especially like the ducks. And the floral fence... thing on the back porch. (Is it a trellis? Arbor? I forget what you call those...)

@SPARKY1922 I never did figure out how one youtubes... (obviously I watch videos, lol, but I've never edited one.)
  • Sapphire268Sapphire268 Posts: 66 Member
    I've been spending some time back at Pleasantview. I was playing the engaged Dirk and Lilith, and they were happy rising to the top in their careers without any children. Until Don Lothario met Lilith. They quickly hit it off, became friends and went on a date. When Dirk was at work one day, he discovered the two woohooing in his bed! They broke up quickly and Lilith moved out. As revenge, Dirk invited his old college flame, Angela, over. The two woohooed, and Angela wouldn't mind meeting up again in the future. Lilith moved out broke to a small two bedroom home. But then she discovered she was expecting! She may have to heal all wounds and move back in with Mary Sue, the way things are going.

I also started a new hood containing only my favourite movie characters! Everything's already so different than the movies, it's weird.
    @Scribal_Goddess I know right? :D It is a big house which is good because I like big families, and I never move anyone out. YES!! Trellis! That is the word I was trying to come up with but couldn't. Thank you.

@Sapphire268 Sounds like you got a bit of drama going on there. Hope you enjoy your new hood, I never thought of making movie characters, that could be interesting.
    @JULES1111

Trust me to get it wrong over the wedding arch but I really thought it was one lol Thanks for the links I had no idea the kitchen was Veranka's and yet I have downloaded a lot of her stuff I think it's because you maybe used a recolor so I did not recognize it. I also adore those paintings especially the tropical looking ones..

@Scribal_Goddess

That's a shame because I think you would make really good videos..

@Sapphire268

Great story-line loved reading it :)
    edited July 2017
    A LOT has happened in my game since the last time I posted (sorry for the long post I'm far too obsessed with this family LOL):

Dana and Waylon are now elders that pretty much reached their goals in life. As for the kids, Emma is a teenager and Jacob is a young adult studying Psychology in the Académie Le Tour university.

Here's a somewhat up-to-date picture of them (well, in this one Jacob is still a teen but whatever)
    cUHGNCa.jpg
    Going back to the past a little bit, I had them go on a vacation to the Tikki Islands where everything went wrong but that's a loooong story.
    abW1Tuj.jpg
    Now this made me very sad because it was really sudden. The family's dog, Cooper, passed away of old age. I created him at the same time I created Dana so he saw her build her life up and have kids. He died when Emma was still a kid and Jacob was a teen. What really disturbed me is that I had just gotten Emma to go walk him somewhere but she stopped like 5 seconds after I had her do that and the dog got taken away.
    7aMvIRi.jpg
    In other news, Jacob's childhood best friend (Nolan) is going to the same university as him (in a different dorm though), which is great since he was his first friend during elementary school and they've been through a lot together.
    8XY8ii4.jpg
    Jacob's girlfriend, Wendy, also came (also staying in a different dorm).
    Them as teens:
    zELlQrc.jpg
    As young adults:
    L0OFXnJ.jpg
    Their relationship was great when they were teenagers but now it's starting to fall apart a bit because Wendy wants to become a master criminal and Jacob has resented criminals ever since one broke into his family's house and scared Emma when she was a child.

What I find really cute is that Emma calls her older brother pretty often since he's away from home. Right now I'm focusing on Jacob and his goal to become the head of the SCIA but I can't wait to focus on her since she wants to be an athlete (she's been very athletic ever since she was a child) and she's a bit more rebellious, despite being a good kid overall (she already snuck out once LOL).

@Marycool33 Nice family! It is to bad about the poor doggy :'( I hate it when pets die more then sims sometimes! :D It is nice that Jacob has friends that aged with him. LOL on Wendy wanting to be a criminal. :D Some drama to be had there for sure!
    @Marycool33

great family I love the tikki holiday pic with all that red skin haha. Not keen on the poor doggy dying I hardly ever let my sims actually die lol

Love the story line with Jacob and Wendy wonder how that will turn out as they both diversify :)

I finally got the sim I WANT to be a plantsim turned into one, praise plumbbob.

Also I discovered the "bad mouth" interaction and I cannot stop laughing. My sweet little family sim is spreading vicious gossip about the town burglar. (Though, it's all true... Pong, if you show your face again I will be delighted, but none of my sims will.)
    I finally got the sim I WANT to be a plantsim turned into one, praise plumbbob.

Also I discovered the "bad mouth" interaction and I cannot stop laughing. My sweet little family sim is spreading vicious gossip about the town burglar. (Though, it's all true... Pong, if you show your face again I will be delighted, but none of my sims will.)

I've always seen that interaction and never really clicked it but you've inspired me to try to create some drama with it, thank you.
    Great plumbbob you're all busy.

I started another Sim Shipwreck Challenge. So far the shipwreckees have it easy, though I have enough fortune sims that I expect complete aspiration breakdowns within a season. I have five adults, though, so they're reasonably good at staying fed... some day I'll play without the Free Time benefits, and discover how difficult this challenge really is.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top