Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which town to play in for this to be possible?

OK, some background information first. I have all the EPs and SPs plus all the Store Content.

I am planning to start a new game whereby my Sim has the potential to max out all the skill levels plus reach level 10 of every career in the game like scuba diving, collection, photography, etc.

The question is, which town should I play in for this to be possible? Is this an impossible feat? Or should I constantly edit my town to make this possible?

The reason why I am attempting to do this is because I want to have the best possible gameplay experience in Sims 3! Please advise! Thanks! Please take note that changing towns is out of the question due to some bugs being present when you switch towns. For example, the collection count gets messed up pretty bad.

Comments

• siva20092403siva20092403 Posts: 631 Member
    Additionally, are there any towns out there in the modding community where you can achieve all these goals plus collect everything possible in the game with just one town? World adventures not included for obvious reasons.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I haven´t played it myself yet, but perhaps @Rflong7 ´s Legacy Island III would be suitable?
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8219962
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    @siva20092403 - You're also missing out on what could be a simpler solution. With the NRaas Traveler mod, you can vacation your sims in any world that you have installed. So it's not really necessary for users of that mod to cram every possible activity into one world as sims can practice some of the more obscure, difficult to reach skills while on holiday elsewhere. It is also safe, or safer anyway, to use Traveler to move from one world to another without losing tremendous amounts of data along the way provided one also has Overwatch and ErrorTrap in play. The worlds being moved from and their sims also stay with your game should you want your sims to be able to travel or move back at any time.

I know that's not the solution you are looking for exactly, but if not averse to using mods it might be one worth considering.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+FAQ
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    I haven´t played it myself yet, but perhaps @Rflong7 ´s Legacy Island III would be suitable?
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8219962

Thanks. As for the collection part, (like bugs, stones, etc) does it include the possibility of all the items?
    igazor wrote: »
    @siva20092403 - You're also missing out on what could be a simpler solution. With the NRaas Traveler mod, you can vacation your sims in any world that you have installed. So it's not really necessary for users of that mod to cram every possible activity into one world as sims can practice some of the more obscure, difficult to reach skills while on holiday elsewhere. It is also safe, or safer anyway, to use Traveler to move from one world to another without losing tremendous amounts of data along the way provided one also has Overwatch and ErrorTrap in play. The worlds being moved from and their sims also stay with your game should you want your sims to be able to travel or move back at any time.

I know that's not the solution you are looking for exactly, but if not averse to using mods it might be one worth considering.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+FAQ

Yes, I am well acquainted with NRaas Traveler mod. That is also a good alternative choice.

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    I think there are too many rabbit holes to fit onto one world.

If you delete a rabbit hole to put another one in, your sim forgets the progress they made in that career.

If I were going to do this I'd use Traveler mod and have them live in different worlds to achieve all of your requirements.
    edited July 2017
    Karritz wrote: »

If you delete a rabbit hole to put another one in, your sim forgets the progress they made in that career.

If I were going to do this I'd use Traveler mod and have them live in different worlds to achieve all of your requirements.

OK, if I use the Traveler mod, will there be any minor issues in which the creator has not fixed? A few years ago, I did use the mod but there were some minor glitches. Is the mod bug free now? Thanks.
    Karritz wrote: »

OK, if I use the Traveler mod, will there be any minor issues in which the creator has not fixed? A few years ago, I did use the mod but there were some minor glitches. Is the mod bug free now? Thanks.

I have no idea. I use it and have sims living in multiple worlds.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    If you are looking for a 100% guaranteed bug-free experience at all times, then no I am afraid we cannot offer that. The mods are always in constant states of development and refinement even though Twallan, our founder, retired from TS3 modding years ago. Likely we will never be able to offer any kind of glitch-free guarantees. Then again, neither can a modless game. But if you describe any particular issues you may have had in the past with any of our mods, I can at least tell you if they have been addressed since then or not. And we do offer mod support on the NRaas site for those who seek it.

I will say that I have 16 worlds connected by Traveler in my own five+ year ongoing game and they are all chugging along just fine. Sure some unexpected things happen and yes there will be minor glitches here and there, but many players find the mod helps make the game very satisfying to play in ways that playing without it cannot.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    If you are looking for a 100% guaranteed bug-free experience at all times, then no I am afraid we cannot offer that..

Yes, I completely understand this. As computer games become more complex, it is nearly impossible to release a bug free game or even a bug free mod. But at least you guys are doing a great job in at least trying to reduce the number of bugs as well as attempting to fix the major ones.

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited July 2017
    My Sim Realty's Anne Arbor has most kinds of community lot, though it doesn't have any lots made from store content, which you may not need for your challenge anyway. It also seems to have every kind of spawner, as far as I can tell. You can easily do a search with NRaas Master Controller to find out if any spawners are missing, then add those in yourself. The one issue I don't like about Anne Arbor myself, though, is that there is a mountain between the town and the city, and sims have to go around it to travel between the two, which can take a very long time. There are subways on the city side, with one in the small town to travel between the two towns, then LLAMA's on the small town side, but if you sim has their own transportation, even a bicycle, they won't use those, and it can take two sim hours or more to travel from one end of the map to the other, depending on what vehicle they have.

Something you also need to take into consideration is that having every single kind of community lot in one world can be too much for your computer to handle, unless it is very high end. Every role sim that is needed to man registers, bars, stages, etc., adds to the load, and can cause some pretty serious lag. Also, some kinds of community lots seem to have issues. I recently played a singer in Starlight Shores. Every so often, proprietors stopped showing up at their venues, and my sim could not audition or participate in simfests, though she did not lose any gigs that were already scheduled. But she also could not cancel any gigs, and would be reset if she tried to do it over the phone. I had to repeatedly bulldoze and replace the venues, which created other issues I also had to fix, until I asked on the NRaas forum, and was directed to a mod that makes it possible to replace the proprietor's waiting spot.

I'm currently playing a sim on a full epic lifespan who is going to master every skill, including all hidden skills, achieve all the skill challenges, except any which are bugged and can't be completed, and make some additional skill challenges of my own, like not only learning all the recipes, but also making all of them, including the pizza oven and baking station recipes, collecting everything there is to collect, etc. She is growing up in Hidden Springs, my favorite EA world, and she and her single mother will be either moving or traveling to various other worlds, using NRaas Traveler, which by the way, I have never had any serious problems with myself, and I use it a lot. When she no longer needs to live with her mother (after she masters water skiiing, where she needs someone to drive the speedboat), she will be moving permanently to one of my own CAW worlds, which has pretty much everything she will need. But I don't put dive lots in my worlds, because when I did, that world had terrible lag until I returned to CAW, removed the dive lots, and re-exported it. So she will be spending an extended period in Isla Paradiso at some point in her life.
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    My Sim Realty's Anne Arbor has most kinds of community lot, though it doesn't have any lots made from store content, which you may not need for your challenge anyway. It also seems to have every kind of spawner, as far as I can tell. You can easily do a search with NRaas Master Controller to find out if any spawners are missing, then add those in yourself. The one issue I don't like about Anne Arbor myself, though, is that there is a mountain between the town and the city, and sims have to go around it to travel between the two, which can take a very long time. There are subways on the city side, with one in the small town to travel between the two towns, then LLAMA's on the small town side, but if you sim has their own transportation, even a bicycle, they won't use those, and it can take two sim hours or more to travel from one end of the map to the other, depending on what vehicle they have.

Something you also need to take into consideration is that having every single kind of community lot in one world can be too much for your computer to handle, unless it is very high end. Every role sim that is needed to man registers, bars, stages, etc., adds to the load, and can cause some pretty serious lag. Also, some kinds of community lots seem to have issues. I recently played a singer in Starlight Shores. Every so often, proprietors stopped showing up at their venues, and my sim could not audition or participate in simfests, though she did not lose any gigs that were already scheduled. But she also could not cancel any gigs, and would be reset if she tried to do it over the phone. I had to repeatedly bulldoze and replace the venues, which created other issues I also had to fix, until I asked on the NRaas forum, and was directed to a mod that makes it possible to replace the proprietor's waiting spot.

I'm currently playing a sim on a full epic lifespan who is going to master every skill, including all hidden skills, achieve all the skill challenges, except any which are bugged and can't be completed, and make some additional skill challenges of my own, like not only learning all the recipes, but also making all of them, including the pizza oven and baking station recipes, collecting everything there is to collect, etc. She is growing up in Hidden Springs, my favorite EA world, and she and her single mother will be either moving or traveling to various other worlds, using NRaas Traveler, which by the way, I have never had any serious problems with myself, and I use it a lot. When she no longer needs to live with her mother (after she masters water skiiing, where she needs someone to drive the speedboat), she will be moving permanently to one of my own CAW worlds, which has pretty much everything she will need. But I don't put dive lots in my worlds, because when I did, that world had terrible lag until I returned to CAW, removed the dive lots, and re-exported it. So she will be spending an extended period in Isla Paradiso at some point in her life.

Thank you for your insightful post. As for lags, I don't think I will experience them much because I have an Intel 4910MQ processor with a NVIDIA 980M GTX graphics card. It is a high end gaming laptop. By the way, do you have the link where I can download the Anne Arbor world? Thanks.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited July 2017
    You can find Ann Arbor at http://www.mysimrealty.com/

The site has quite a few worlds available. I haven't played Ann Arbor precisely because of the mountain in the middle of the town that @IreneSwift mentions. I do like Meadow Glen, but I think it's too small for what you are looking for.

The site also has community lots available, organized by EP. You might find those useful for your challenge if you are setting up a custom content world.
    Or what about this town? https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8219962#

Anyone played in this town yet woth no problems?
    Or what about this town? https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8219962#

Anyone played in this town yet woth no problems?

Yes I play there. It is nice to play in but I ended up with too many Sims in it and my computer can't handle it. When I move more out to other worlds I'm hoping it will be better.
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    Also there are others in Rflong's worlds that offer most of the venues. Beach City is one and Isle of Sims III is another. I do like Legacy III as well.

BTW, for my own question, those that use My Sims Realty, do the lots come pre-loaded into the worlds or do I have to download the lots as well. For example on Meadow Glen there is a list of the worlds and below is the lots like the Gym. Are these extras for later versions, or is it good to just download the world?
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Also there are others in Rflong's worlds that offer most of the venues. Beach City is one and Isle of Sims III is another. I do like Legacy III as well.

BTW, for my own question, those that use My Sims Realty, do the lots come pre-loaded into the worlds or do I have to download the lots as well. For example on Meadow Glen there is a list of the worlds and below is the lots like the Gym. Are these extras for later versions, or is it good to just download the world?

The list of lots under the download section is optional. You don't have to install them. The "completed" worlds come with plenty of residential lots, venues, rabbit holes, etc. If you download one of the empty worlds you'll have to add all the lots yourself.

Some of the extra or replacement lots in the list have content from EPs I assume which were released after the world was. For example, there are 3 social group hangouts to Meadow Glen v2 you can add and there are Showtime venues you can add as well. Meadow Glen v2 itself doesn't come with these venue types. Some of the extra or additional lots have fixes (the school and hospital lots for Meadow Glen v2 for example). I never looked at v3 of Meadow Glen so I don't know why there's a gym for download for that world. Maybe it's a replacement. I did like the gym though and used it instead of the one that comes with Meadow Glen v2 (which I liked less).

When I customized Meadow Glen v2 I installed some of those lots, but not all. I followed the suggested locations most of the time, but not always (and sometimes I couldn't find the suggested location, lol).

TLDR, My Sims Realty has both completed worlds (with lots pre-loaded) and empty worlds. The list of lots for completed worlds are largely optional and in many cases add in content from EPs. There are occasional fixed lots in those list; I'd install those.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @becomingjenn The My Sim Realty creator seems to be constantly improving and updating her existing worlds besides for making new ones. There are lots in some of the My Sims Realty Worlds where you will find buildings that say "Reserved." The builder makes nearly all of her own lots, but has put some of her worlds up for download without finishing all of the lots. Those reserved buildings are empty, and if you wanted, you could finish them yourself, as they are usually very nice looking buildings on the outside, just empty on the inside. Some of the lots you'll find on that page are meant to replace those reserved lots. Some of them may be just for players who have an older version that didn't have them. Those will already be in the latest version when you download it. And still others will be new, to place on lots that are vacant in the latest version. The best thing to do is to download and install the world first, then open it and take a look, especially at the addresses given for each of the lots on the page with it. Then you can download any that aren't there, and place them yourself.

I have also downloaded some of those lots to place in other worlds, including my own CAW projects. That's why I don't share my worlds - because I'm not going to take credit for someone else's work, and there are some among my favorite lots that I don't even remember who made them.
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I would also recommend Rflong's Legacy Island III. I have it and it's a great world. And it should have everything you need. Good luck! :)
    giphy.gif

• bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited July 2017
    A couple of things you can do:
    Put more than one rabbithole on the same lot. I do this all the time and haven't ever had any problems.

Put multiple other businesses on one lot, for example make a mini-mall with Laundromat, Stylist, Consignment store, etc.

For example, in my Sunlit Tides edit, I put the City Hall, Business Center & Police station all on one lot. Another lot has the mini-mall. On the lot with the Sports Stadium, I built an Arcade/Bowling Alley.

Basically, any lot where the actual type is "Visitors Allowed" you can mix and match. If you have to set the lot to a specific type, like Library or Fire Station, only one per lot.