Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List your ideas for car gameplay here one of the SimGurus wants to know

Comments

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited July 2017
    Refer to Sims 2 gurus. I loved how cars worked in sims 2, watching them pull up in driveway, physically get in/out and back up, and being able to take younger sims to school was my favorite part. I honestly wouldnt care if they end up poofing if up they worked like they did in Sims 2. I'd like to see a few new interactions like wash car & give teen sim lessons.
    Post edited by aprilrose on
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    Sims teaching their teens to drive.
    Race car driver career.
    Of course Woohoo and messing around in the car.
    Car thief / Chop Shop career (maybe a branch in the thief career)
    Mechanic career
    Car customization career might be a option
    As well as a car salesman. The good trait would make the sim a honest salesman. Evil trait a dishonest salesman.
    Street racer could be a career
    Could have a branch in the thief career be a get away driver or a wheelman.

Cars however should not vanish from the game world for any reason.
    There should also be a lot of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and bicycles to choose from and customize.
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    edited July 2017
    I agree with everyone saying that cars in The Sims 2 were very well done. I especially liked the animations for getting in and out of a car. In the Sims 4 I could see cars having a special parking spot on the street. Sims will get into the car and they drive the car to their destination (that is, the car will drive out of the neighbourhood). Then the usual loading screen will take us to the location. The car will be parked in the special parking spot on the other lot.

Every lot might get two parking spots on the street. One for the car of the household and the other for the car of someone else visiting the lot. I think adding garages would mean that the road has to continue onto the lot, which would require changing the sidewalks on every lot. Otherwise we would get cars teleporting onto the street, which would be The Sims 3 style. Personally I didn't like that.

As far as interactions go, of course the car would need something like the options on the Phone to take them to different locations (alone and with other Sims). Besides that, Sims should be able to use the car to go to work and to bring their kids to school. I think only young aduls and up should be able to drive a car. Teens might be able to get driving lessons and drive with one of their parents as a guardian.

I would also like the idea of random accidents. Sims might come back home with a broken car that has to be repaired (and Sims might feel dazed or angry for a while). Elders might have a higher chance for accidents. I also like the car washing interation idea. Sims might come back with a dirty car or cars could have a hygiëne need like Sims that gradually drops when the car is being used. The car has to be washed. Maybe children might earn some extra money for washing someone's car.
  • ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    > @Klthf said:

> I would also like the idea of random accidents. Sims might come back home with a broken car that has to be repaired (and Sims might feel dazed or angry for a while). Elders might have a higher chance for accidents.

Some random events may appear with chance to find new collectibles, or with possibility to have better/worse relation ship with other sim.

> @nolurk said:

> Perhaps maybe even have sims have a new way to earn some extra money by driving for a ride sharing service (or be able to car pool to/from work with other sims which they could potentially build up relationship points with)?
    >

Yes! Uber for sims! :D

Cars are also excellent opportunity to add some new [b]mslicious interaction[/b] for sims. For example: threaten to scratch sim car, mock sim vechicle, threaten to pierce tyres and many more
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Davina1987 wrote: »
    Cars in Sims 4 are unnecessary that there is no open world is little at Sims 3. I would rather have finally a billiard table for Sims 4.

TS2 was a closed world and had cars.
    I want a lookout location so our Sims can make out there In the car.

Also I want a drive in movie lot.
  • Juniormints74Juniormints74 Posts: 288 Member
    edited July 2017
    Klthf wrote: »

I would also like the idea of random accidents. Sims might come back home with a broken car that has to be repaired (and Sims might feel dazed or angry for a while). Elders might have a higher chance for accidents.

I love this idea! Also, if car insurance is added to the game, the cost of out-of-pocket expenses would depend on if the accident was their fault or not, whether they were insured, & the type of coverage they have (liability only, or full coverage).

• Juniormints74Juniormints74 Posts: 288 Member
    How about adding a monthly car note (each time the note is paid, it updates the balance owed on the car)? And speeding tickets?
  • SisselinSisselin Posts: 150 Member
    Adding on with other forms of transportation, Like kids need to learn to ride a bike like teens need to learn to drive a car and toddlers can get a boost in bike learning by going around on a tricycle! I would love to get something like the grandpas grove tractor back also because my sims gardens would need some help ^^;
    Get my cc and follow me on tumblr here https://sisselin.tumblr.com/tagged/my cc
    tumblr_p44az47wrF1wvxve9o10_r1_1280.png
  • ghjdiedghjdied Posts: 56 Member
    My ideas for vehicles are: getting in and out of a vehicle animations, car woohoo, listening to music, talking in car, 3-5 level driving skill for teens to learn and get a license, teens can runaway from home in cars, fixer upper car, parents could give their teens keys to the car (like City Living apartment keys), sims can customize cars (paint job, rims) if they have high enough handiness skill, kleptomaniacs can steal cars. Cars can be parked in a driveway or on the street in some worlds, the school bus, police car, firefighter, mail truck, pizza delivery, taxi, and repair person can have their own special vehicles, the number of seats in or on a vehicle determine how many sims could ride in it, car seats for toddlers, car can get dirty over time and will have to be washed (covered in dirt, pollen, snow, leaves in a season pack), mischievous sims can vandalize and sabotage cars, sale cars with Get To Work, garage doors with similar functionality as the ones from sims 3, if there is no road sims will teleport/ loading screen after entering the car, child sims can pretend to drive on the couch or chair or bed, sims that take really good care of their vehicles can talk to them when their social need is low, materialistic sims want high priced vehicles, sims will have to maintain their vehicles to keep them clean and functioning, sims can enter car races (a rabbit hole event) to win money, sims can install alarm systems in cars (handiness), mischievous sims can honk the horn to scare nearby sims, playful sims can honk the horn too.

Also bikes could be like the school projects from Parenthood where sims will have to assemble them first. Toddlers could have trikes and child sims have to learn how to ride a bike (older sims can teach them). Plus bikes could be used to travel around the neighborhood (by clicking the ground). Same with skate boards and roller skates, if sims have them in their inventory they should be able to travel by them, route around the neighborhood, click ground to "go here by...", or set it as the sim's default way of traveling (like in Vampires). Also do tricks on them. Bikes should also increase fitness.
  • Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    edited July 2017
    - Ability to make out and have whoo in cars
    - Energy efficient Cars and bikes e.g. Electric cars and bikes.
    - Motorcycles
    - Driving tests: No Sims can drive without taking their test.
    The ability to fail or pass your test and if sims fails twice, they won't allowed to take the test for two days.
    - Toddler and children friendly bikes
    - Drive in movies and drive in restaurants
    - Classic cars
    - Car seats for children, toddlers and childish adults
    - Traffic lights
    Post edited by Simzilla_7 on
  • rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    FIX that building foundation issue so I can have a house with tall building foundation, and I can have a garage with no building foundation.
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    I posted my ideas in the wrong place, sorry! I'll post them here now, I hope it doesn't look like I'm spamming.

Thanks for asking SimGuruKimmie Here are my ideas!

Please, a racing car EP!

There could be racing like F1, drag racing and banger racing. Maybe even soap box car racing for the kids.
    Toddlers can have adorable pedal cars and trikes.
    A new world with racetracks and garages. A cross country area for motorbike scrambling.

Sims could build kit cars and kids could build soap box cars.
    A mechanic skill. The higher level Sims reach, the faster they can repair a damaged car. Also, higher level mechanics can mod their cars.
    Mods for cars could include: stickers, luminous paint, engine tweaking, more aerodynamic bodies, custom wheels etc.
    Sims need to access a garage for repairs and modding. Rich Sims can buy their own garages.

Sims and kids get a happy emotion for winning a race and a sad emotion for coming last.
    They could get a tense emotion if their car/bike/soapbox car breaks and needs repairs.
    Friends and family can spray the winning Sim with nectar, like in Sims 3 Generations xD
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    OK I'm wondering could toddlers go in the car in Sims 2? Because I remember they couldn't somehow and get left and than the toddlers get transferred over to the target place.

This time I want the toddlers to actually go into the car with their family instead of getting left.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Can we also have NPC Cars come back like the school bus, the taxi, police, fire truck, food delivery, gardener, repairman, the maids.

New NPC
    Burglar now has a Get away Van
    City Bus
    Mail truck
    A service limo driver for the snooty rich Sims
    Here is some ideas from Iron Seagull.
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    OK I'm wondering could toddlers go in the car in Sims 2? Because I remember they couldn't somehow and get left and than the toddlers get transferred over to the target place.

This time I want the toddlers to actually go into the car with their family instead of getting left.

And Pets as well.
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    People are talking about how foundations could work with garages. Would it be possible to have a ramp that works like stairs that would allow us to build garages with foundations and have an inclined driveway? Just an idea.
  • Meepy!!Meepy!! Posts: 260 Member
    Not sure if this has been said already, but kids calling shotgun to sit in the front seat. I think it would be kind of adorable and depending on whether they get an sad or angry moodlet, they would have an argument which would reduce their relationship with their siblings.
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    I hope that police cars could make a return with theives and npc firetrucks when fires occur on properties. - if this was not mentioned prior
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    I want pretty much want everyone else is saying: Cars that are like the ones in TS2.

I love seeing the garage door opening and the car backing out of the driveway. I love the car animations of the sim getting in and out.

Maybe you guys can add different style driveways that are fully animated: U-shaped, J-shaped, O-shaped. Driveways that lead under the house or behind the house. That way builders and build their dream houses with the type of driveway they want.

Oh and since we are talking about transportation you might as well bring back helicopters like TS2 and maybe let the sims use the ferries to get across town.

(I'm sure this stuff have been mentioned already. I didn't read all the comments sorry. I'm in a hurry.)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Here's what I'd love to see...

1. Driveways U and strait options that can connect to other driveway tiles and be as long as needed
    2. Garage door that connects to driveway
    3. Carpools for professions with unique cars as you progress. I'd also to see a helicopter for higher up military rank if the Sims 4 team stop being anti-military and add it like all past games
    4. Mechanic skill to fix up junkers maybe a option to use old car parts to build things like a tire swing
    5. School bus, firetruck that pulls up with lights flashing, police cars, and pizza delivery who grabs pizza from his trunk
    6. Animations to get in and out of car I do not want more poofing I want cars to end poofing. Also I want cars to be useable for all life stages I want to see toddlers loaded into their car seat and babies to if they are ever unleashed
    7. New experiences with cars options to take a vacation or maybe catch a movie in a drive-in theater or pick up a Sim for a date or just to go out

I really want to see everything we had in Sims 2 + more as it was just a side feature in a expansion and now I expect it to be a main feature in a game pack if we ever get it. Improve don't remove I want to see the best detailed car experience we can get.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MikeAM91MikeAM91 Posts: 165 Member
    Cars in Sims 4 are unnecessary that there is no open world is little at Sims 3. I would rather have finally a billiard table for Sims 4.

So go start a thread about billiard tables. In a little more than 24 hrs this thread has 120+ posts and over 2k views so plenty of people disagree with you.
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited July 2017

Sims 2 didn't even have open "blocks"or " areas" as sims 4 does and cars were added just fine. Sims would just simply get into the car, drive out the driveway, and then the loading screen would appear. Now we can have them drive to the "teleport point" of the area then get the loading screen and reappear on the teleport point of the desired area before reaching their final destination. And we even have fully "open" worlds like the Vampire one. Would be cool if our sims could leave their house and drive up Vlads mansion

Someone else posted about community lot parking spaces. Not really necessary, just for the looks maybe. Sims, as always , could just simply put their car in their pocket :D

• julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited July 2017
    I must be one of the few people who seriously does NOT want whoohooooo in the cars , i would rather they bring in new gameplay we have not seen before , in 2 you could build garages for the cars with a garage door that opened and closed to allow the car to enter it , also it was way better that you actually had your sims get into the car properly rather than just appear in it , my only problem would be most of my houses would need serious rebuilding to put a car parking slot on the lot and a lot of the lots are so small the car is likely to take a lot of the lot up unless the parking spots are on the road out front