Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think the next big update will add to the Sims 4?

Comments

• ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited July 2017
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Create a World XD

CaW can't work with an engine like the one TS4 uses. The map it uses is just an interactive little cartoon thing you could have on any website. Editing a world would basically be akin to using a cheat to put objects off your lot or something. The cartoon map gives you the idea its like one solid town but the areas themselves that you load in to may as well be solitary little islands in the middle of the blackness of the universe.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    A SimGuru just ask for suggestions about how we'd like to see cars implemented. Take this with a Grain Of Salt.

What kind of question is that ? I don't get the question! ;)
    beville wrote: »
    A SimGuru just ask for suggestions about how we'd like to see cars implemented. Take this with a Grain Of Salt.

When I hear "car gameplay" I hear we're going to get car objects they can upgrade, tinker with and woohoo in but that'll be about it hahahahahaha
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member

When I hear "car gameplay" I hear we're going to get car objects they can upgrade, tinker with and woohoo in but that'll be about it hahahahahaha

Yeah that sounds about right ! :p
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2017

No I think car gameplay will also mean sims driving. I asked SimGuruKimmi to pass it on to the other developers and she liked my tweet and then followed up with this. So if anyone wants to start a thread in the ideas section feel free. If not I will. A lot of simmers are tweeting her with ideas as I speak.

Omg I'll bet they'll include an object like in TS3 where you build it up from a heap of junk, but only you won't be able to do anything but woohoo in it after hahahahahahaha
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    Omg I'll bet they'll include an object like in TS3 where you build it up from a heap of junk, but only you won't be able to do anything but woohoo in it after hahahahahahaha

With the TS3 store version you could drive it when you repaired it. I doubt they'd go to all that trouble to make cars and then not add driving animations to them.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

I honestly don't see the point to cars in sims 4. It's a waste of development time and resources. Just to have a car sitting in a driveway for "realists"? Seriously?
    edited July 2017

No I think car gameplay will also mean sims driving. I asked SimGuruKimmi to pass it on to the other developers and she liked my tweet and then followed up with this. So if anyone wants to start a thread in the ideas section feel free. If not I will.

Why would they need to ask us though? They know what we want. What we had before hahahahahaha But what we had before is pointless when they just disappear to wherever they're going anyway. The only reason they could possibly have for coming up with new car ideas if its just going to sit in a fake garage or a fake driveway being a fake object they tinker with and they need something to make buying shiny things worthwhile. They might even throw on a trait so you can get a moodlet for tinkering with it or something.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Create a World XD

CaW can't work with an engine like the one TS4 uses. The map it uses is just an interactive little cartoon thing you could have on any website. Editing a world would basically be akin to using a cheat to put objects off your lot or something. The cartoon map gives you the idea its like one solid town but the areas themselves that you load in to may as well be solitary little islands in the middle of the blackness of the universe.
    If it happens or something I don't know! @catloverplayer @somethingstellar OK then! Which one of you wants to ask me if World creator from The Sims 4 does not appear unlike The Sims 2 and The Sims 3? Eeny Meeny Miny I ain't gonna answer!
    fullspiral wrote: »

I honestly don't see the point to cars in sims 4. It's a waste of development time and resources. Just to have a car sitting in a driveway for "realists"? Seriously?

Your missing the point. If we get cars you can drive them. I see the point because this is a life simulator. I want cars.
    edited July 2017
    Create a World XD

If it happens or something I don't know! @catloverplayer @somethingstellar OK then! Which one of you wants to ask me if World creator from The Sims 4 does not appear unlike The Sims 2 and The Sims 3? Eeny Meeny Miny I ain't gonna answer!

Sims 4 doesn't have a world creator lmao all you can do is world edit, which is NOTHING at all, even remotely close to Create a World. Which should not be confused for Town Edit, which Sims 3 also has, and its again NOTHING at all even close to the program where you get to lay down roads and build mountains.
    I'm building a world in Sims 3 right now, from scratch, and being my first one its painful. I wish it was more like world editor lmao
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

No I think car gameplay will also mean sims driving. I asked SimGuruKimmi to pass it on to the other developers and she liked my tweet and then followed up with this. So if anyone wants to start a thread in the ideas section feel free. If not I will.

Why would they need to ask us though? They know what we want. What we had before hahahahahaha But what we had before is pointless when they just disappear to wherever they're going anyway. The only reason they could possibly have for coming up with new car ideas if its just going to sit in a fake garage or a fake driveway being a fake object they tinker with and they need something to make buying shiny things worthwhile. They might even throw on a trait so you can get a moodlet for tinkering with it or something.

They had driveable cars in TS2. I'm fine hitting a loading screen and then seeing the car appear on the community lot with the sims in it.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Pimples on teenagers or something that makes them look different from young adults.

...And the bobblehead UI interaction thingy,
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

They had driveable cars in TS2. I'm fine hitting a loading screen and then seeing the car appear on the community lot with the sims in it.

If they had taxis and school buses and work car pools like the other games I can see it, but that is not the case in 4. There are none of those things. They "poof" everywhere they go. It could never be like 2 where they actually open the door and get in. It would be like 3 where they poof in to the car and then the car poofs.

Why do we need extra poofing?

If they had taxis and school buses and work car pools like the other games I can see it, but that is not the case in 4. There are none of those things. They "poof" everywhere they go. It could never be like 2 where they actually open the door and get in. It would be like 3 where they poof in to the car and then the car poofs.

Why do we need extra poofing?

In TS3 teleporting is a special trait that saves you time. In TS4 its standard mode of transport hahahahaha
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

Your missing the point. If we get cars you can drive them. I see the point because this is a life simulator. I want cars.

Also there's nothing about TS4 that's a life simulator. Its so unrealistic its completely impossible to be immersed in it. Its a digital dollhouse. At least with real dolls you can push them around in tiny cars lmao
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2017
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Pimples on teenagers or something that makes them look different from young adults.

...And the bobblehead UI interaction thingy,

Acne came as a skin detail in Parenthood GP. Wispy facial hair for the boys, too.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    If they are only going to put cars in one world, shoehorning them in awkwardly so they exist only in one place in all of Simland, I'd rather not have them at all. Its as mindbogglingly pointless and awkward to me as the fact one apartment in a whole building can experience an earthquake while the rest don't. Like the most joy I get out of that is making jokes about how ridiculous the idea is. Otherwise my sim just got all tense for no reason.

And you'll never see swimmable oceans/water. If you do it will be in the form of enormous natural pools with pool floors and walls that give the illusion of it being a lake or ocean.. I mean they can't even give us a proper "fishing in nature" experience. You can only do it at signs. Stuff on the land has more to do with fishing than anything in the water does -.- The water's pretty much just there to look nice. Like most of everything else in Sims 4.

Earthquakes should happen with any apartment or house that has the earthquake trait. If it's happening with only one something is wrong. It may be that the trait is broken or perhaps if your using a mod it's causing the issue. I don't know if you play with mods but they can cause some of the weirdest glitches.

Ummm no that's not what I mean. I'm talking about the ridiculousness of the trait system itself. Like, lets say if they bring in seasons. In TS4 I GUARANTEE you it will be in the form of lot traits, and you'll be having some lots that are summery and sunny right next to other lots that experience snow. THATS what I'm talking about. I'm not talking glitches here. I'm talking about the fact that with lot traits you could have an apartment floor with three apartments and only the apartment with the trait will experience earthquakes and the rest won't unless it takes up a trait space. And its such a "in no world does that happen" kind of a thing that it makes the game funny for the wrong reasons.

I highly doubt Seasons will be lot traits. That would make very little sense, especially as there are at least 4 distinct seasons and only three lot traits. There MIGHT be a "bad weather" or "fair weather" lot traits added in with Seasons, but the season themselves will be a system. It's possible the Seasons will be different in each town/world, it's likely Seasons will have limitations... but they will be in the whole town at one time. I know you're probably just feeling pessimistic right now, but it would just be downright silly to implement Seasons as lot traits and I don't see it happening.
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member

AGREE!!!! I want cars. Sims 2 cars and garages would be just fine for me. Yes please :) ... I really want a garage. I'd like to see my sims go to their car and drive to work or get picked up by the car pool, instead of just walking off the lot. So lame! I think builders would appreciate the ability to make a real garage too, I know I would like it.
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    Even when you load up another household, its still the same day and time as the last household you played, so why wouldn't seasons be the same way? I don't think they are looking to make us any more angry than any of us could possibly be. I think they are doing their best to make us happy at this point (you can disagree if you want, but I am happy to see they are working hard to fix mistakes, regardless if the mistakes shouldn't have happened in the first place).

As for cars, I'm pretty neutral. I wouldn't be mad if they were there, and would use them. But I'm not worried about them not being there. I had a coworker a few years ago who refused to play The Sims 4 because they didn't have cars. Not because they didn't have toddlers, but cars! I still see her load up The Sims 3 on Origin almost everyday. All because she likes her cars :D but thats her style of gameplay.

I would personally love to see terrain tools be implemented, though I doubt we ever will. Even CAW would be a fantastic addition. I want to see something for builders, though, most definitely.
    edited July 2017
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    If they are only going to put cars in one world, shoehorning them in awkwardly so they exist only in one place in all of Simland, I'd rather not have them at all. Its as mindbogglingly pointless and awkward to me as the fact one apartment in a whole building can experience an earthquake while the rest don't. Like the most joy I get out of that is making jokes about how ridiculous the idea is. Otherwise my sim just got all tense for no reason.

And you'll never see swimmable oceans/water. If you do it will be in the form of enormous natural pools with pool floors and walls that give the illusion of it being a lake or ocean.. I mean they can't even give us a proper "fishing in nature" experience. You can only do it at signs. Stuff on the land has more to do with fishing than anything in the water does -.- The water's pretty much just there to look nice. Like most of everything else in Sims 4.

Earthquakes should happen with any apartment or house that has the earthquake trait. If it's happening with only one something is wrong. It may be that the trait is broken or perhaps if your using a mod it's causing the issue. I don't know if you play with mods but they can cause some of the weirdest glitches.

Ummm no that's not what I mean. I'm talking about the ridiculousness of the trait system itself. Like, lets say if they bring in seasons. In TS4 I GUARANTEE you it will be in the form of lot traits, and you'll be having some lots that are summery and sunny right next to other lots that experience snow. THATS what I'm talking about. I'm not talking glitches here. I'm talking about the fact that with lot traits you could have an apartment floor with three apartments and only the apartment with the trait will experience earthquakes and the rest won't unless it takes up a trait space. And its such a "in no world does that happen" kind of a thing that it makes the game funny for the wrong reasons.

I highly doubt Seasons will be lot traits. That would make very little sense, especially as there are at least 4 distinct seasons and only three lot traits. There MIGHT be a "bad weather" or "fair weather" lot traits added in with Seasons, but the season themselves will be a system. It's possible the Seasons will be different in each town/world, it's likely Seasons will have limitations... but they will be in the whole town at one time. I know you're probably just feeling pessimistic right now, but it would just be downright silly to implement Seasons as lot traits and I don't see it happening.

Umm, all of Sims 4 has been silly so far. Its silly we had to wait so long for toddlers. Its silly that babies are objects. Its silly that earthquakes are a lot trait. Its silly that they teleport everywhere. The whole thing is silly so far, why would they stop being silly for seasons? There are already weather related lot traits. Sunny aspect and breezy. Why would they start off having weather related lot traits, and make other weather they add anything BUT lot traits? They implemented lot traits for a reason and you can bet they will be used at EVERY opportunity.

I refuse to live in a fantasy world about Sims 4. You can if you want. Its a free country. But I know if seasons ever comes it will be in lot traits. You don't have to believe me, you can wait to be disappointed first hand if you want. But they already have weather related lot traits and any other weather added will be lot traits too. Sims 4 is silly, and it will continue being silly. If you want to play a game that isn't silly, play Sims 3. Its what I'm doing.

I will repeat. Sims 4 is not a life simulator. It is a total departure from being a life simulator. It is a series of glorified digital dollhouses. Its pretty silly to watch them be totally unrealistic for three years and then expect them to suddenly have a respect for realism. The fact that its a totally silly way to do seasons is part of why I fully expect them to do it that way, because all of Sims 4 has been the same way so far.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Personally, I would first like them to take the time and tackle as many of the game's current bugs/glitches and get them fixed. :)

Afterwards, I would love to see them patch in burglar NPCs and security systems; along with police and firefighter NPCs. Additionally, I would like to see the return of the carpool, school buses, and taxis instead of our sims just teleporting to work or wherever.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    @somethingstellar Well I'm sorry you are feeling so jaded. I do not live in a fantasy world though. I am often disappointed with this game. But I feel pretty confident that you are wrong. Anyway, I guess we will find out one day which of us was correct. Enjoy your sims 3
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd love to see a world editor or even better CAW patched in. At this point I'd settle world templets you can name and decide on if they're lush, desert, concrete or a tropical world I need something to make the game my own. I also love seeing @SimGuruKimmi asking about cars last time a Guru did that was before we got toddlers and we know how the ended.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"