Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruKimmie Wants Our “Car Gameplay” Feedback!!!

Comments

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    ABout time
    21mbz47.jpg
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Jase wrote: »
    While the actual idea of sim owned cars isn't a must for me, I would love to see the return of carpool, schoolbuses, and taxis. Plus, it would be great to see NPC police cars drive up to a house if burglar NPCs return. :)

That's how I feel about it. Cars are kinda pointless in 4, but if it helps the immersion of some players, then that's cool. But it would be nice to have kids picked up by school buses, the return of cops and firefighters with their vehicles, etc.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    It'd be cool if you can visit 4 different hidden wolds/areas only accessible by vehicle.

Also, we already have roads in our neighborhoods, so why not simulate the car leaving the lot and driving down the street etc.

I think this could be completely fleshed out if it gives variation of gameplay revolved around cars.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    What's the point of a "life simulation" game if you can't simulate real life? Unless YOU walk everywhere, most likely, you own a car. Shouldn't your Sim own one as well? I say start with maybe five cars - 1 cheap, 1 kinda cheap, 2 medium priced, and 1 expensive. Future Game (and Stuff) Packs can include more, but five "starter cars" should be a good for now.

If your Sim is too broke to afford the cheapest car, a bicycle can be bought.

Also, riding a bicycle should count towards the Athletic Skills, since it builds muscles up. I know from experience - I ride a 1964 Schwinn Typhoon bicycle (weather permitting) and I'm in good shape. :wink:

Tricycles and bicycles for children should also be included as well and count towards the Fun needs.

These are the ideas I have for your vehicle gameplay feedback, @SimGuruKimmi
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    this is probably an unpopular opinion, but i really don't want cars.

Well, I don't really see them making cars available for all worlds so their functionality will not only be limited but the value (the game not being open world) will be questionable as well. I can see that car interactions might be fun for a while and all (pimping your car etc.) but it makes me wonder: Wouldn't it be better if they focuse on something different that can become more fleshed out instead?

Did you ever play Sims2? We had cars, loading screens and such. It was really cool that our Sims could open the car doors and then climb inside, rather than just snap into place like in Sims3. I hated that, for instance. No, you couldn't go on a pleasure ride like in Sims3. The Open World was good for that, but at what cost? If, and it's a big IF in my mind, EA does bring cars back into Sims4, then I would like them to use the Sims2 as their blueprint, including the interactions. Used to be a couple of Sims could woohoo in a car. I don't twitter, so I would be happy if someone were to convey my thoughts to the Simguru in charge of feedback on this topic. Thank you, in advance.

To the OP, thank you so much for posting this. I very seldom go seeking information. I come here for the updates and news, for what it's worth, so I thank you for bringing it to our attention. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I'd like to, at least, have work cars pick sims up for work and schoolbuses. The nanny company car would be awesome, as well as other future npc transportations (police car and etc).
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    this is probably an unpopular opinion, but i really don't want cars.

Well, I don't really see them making cars available for all worlds so their functionality will not only be limited but the value (the game not being open world) will be questionable as well. I can see that car interactions might be fun for a while and all (pimping your car etc.) but it makes me wonder: Wouldn't it be better if they focuse on something different that can become more fleshed out instead?

Did you ever play Sims2? We had cars, loading screens and such. It was really cool that our Sims could open the car doors and then climb inside, rather than just snap into place like in Sims3. I hated that, for instance. No, you couldn't go on a pleasure ride like in Sims3. The Open World was good for that, but at what cost? If, and it's a big IF in my mind, EA does bring cars back into Sims4, then I would like them to use the Sims2 as their blueprint, including the interactions. Used to be a couple of Sims could woohoo in a car. I don't twitter, so I would be happy if someone were to convey my thoughts to the Simguru in charge of feedback on this topic. Thank you, in advance.

To the OP, thank you so much for posting this. I very seldom go seeking information. I come here for the updates and news, for what it's worth, so I thank you for bringing it to our attention. :)

Due to the mechanics of sims 4 I doubt very much we would get the animations of anything as detailed as Sims 2. Everything in 4 is a swipe animation or poof. This makes cars a waste of development time, imo.

Repairing, or building would be like the rocketship. Driving would be poofing in to the car and then poofing to a loading screen and then poofing out of the car at the destination lot.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited July 2017
    I know there were cars In TS2, which was fine. After having open world in TS3 and actually having a lot of cars from the game and several I downloaded, it just doesn't interest me as much in TS4 because there is no open world. One of my fave things about having cars in TS3 was teaching my teens how to drive and following my Sims as they drove from one destination to another. I hope they add cars in a patch, but if it's an a stuff pack, I'll still get it because I love DLC.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Its not too important to me. I would rather them work on improving traits and emotions. Add more traits and emotions. I mean humans have so many different emotions. Sims are meant to simulate humans, but they just get the very basic ones.

And the traits aren't the best. I'm not going into details because pretty much everyone knows what I mean. But they need some serious work.

And death isnt treated very nice either. Other sims have no idea when loved ones die, if not on the lot. The urn gets culled if your not on the lot.
    I mean come on. This is TS1 stuff. Its supppsed to be TS4. Fix death please!

Plus fix the big long standing bugs. Get to Work, anyone?

I want another vacation destination, among other things, but what I said above should come first.

Come on ducks time to line up!
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Not only do I feel like it adds realism, but it saves time. Sure Sims just "Teleport" to places, but they have to run or walk to the edge of the map which wastes time and is very un-realistic. I really hate how if you are out with the family, you don't all go in a car and drive home. You all walk home in a single filed line and more than likely the toddler or kids are left behind at night. In some cases I understand how the likes of Laundry seems mundane and unneeded, but you do not need open world to justify cars when you can easily just use a cheat to teleport to places anyway. Having cars could provide a new hobby for Teens+ which is fixing up cars, Father Son bonding is a big win right there, actually feeling like families are connected and together, seeing more people drive rather than walking would be a big win, it would be more realistic for people who have "Celebrity" Sims, there are so many applications.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    Not only do I feel like it adds realism, but it saves time. Sure Sims just "Teleport" to places, but they have to run or walk to the edge of the map which wastes time and is very un-realistic. I really hate how if you are out with the family, you don't all go in a car and drive home. You all walk home in a single filed line and more than likely the toddler or kids are left behind at night. In some cases I understand how the likes of Laundry seems mundane and unneeded, but you do not need open world to justify cars when you can easily just use a cheat to teleport to places anyway. Having cars could provide a new hobby for Teens+ which is fixing up cars, Father Son bonding is a big win right there, actually feeling like families are connected and together, seeing more people drive rather than walking would be a big win, it would be more realistic for people who have "Celebrity" Sims, there are so many applications.

That doesn't happen when you use the phone to travel. It only happens when you use the "send sim home"icon....which I never use. I always use the phone to travel and select the sims I'm traveling with.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member

Yes there are so many things that can be done with cars. I do agree with you. I just wish they would improve upon what we already have first, before putting time and money in to a pack for cars. They would be so much more fun if they improved the game first.

Yes there are so many things that can be done with cars. I do agree with you. I just wish they would improve upon what we already have first, before putting time and money in to a pack for cars. They would be so much more fun if they improved the game first.

;) who said it would be a pack. I think it's kind of funny they are just now asking for suggestions and we only get 1 stuff pack this summer. Who knows, maybe we will get a big update like Toddlers. Here's to wishing!
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Woah! Not so fast with this idea!

Cars would possibly be a threat to 'Active Side Streets':
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/919478/ts4s-lifeless-roads-are-good-for-something-we-are-onto-a-winner-with-these

If we are getting 'Active Side Streets', then cars need to factored around this.

I don't want one side of Maxis not communicating with another and it turning into some kind of in-house street wars.

If it comes to a choice between cars or 'Active Side Streets', then I want 'Active Side Streets' - hands down.
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Woah! Not so fast with this idea!

Cars would possibly be a threat to 'Active Side Streets':
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/919478/ts4s-lifeless-roads-are-good-for-something-we-are-onto-a-winner-with-these

If we are getting 'Active Side Streets', then cars need to factored around this.

I don't want one side of Maxis not communicating with another and it turning into some kind of in-house street wars.

If it comes to a choice between cars or 'Active Side Streets', then I want 'Active Side Streets' - hands down.

Cars or Not I would find it extremely un-safe for toddlers to be riding trikes in the street. I personally have only seen kids and such playing on sidewalks and if they were in the streets they'd be close to dying half the time.
  • herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    @DivieOwl ; that's how I feel about laundry. No plumming point. hahaha

BUT I on the other hand would buy a cars pack stat. Cars or other modes of transport can have all sorts of fun attached to them. Drive in-movies, fixing up old cars, getting hot and heavy in them, having them break down so you miss school- TS2 you could also drive you kid to school if they were late. I don't mind my Simmies disappearing into the ether when they drive their cars off lot- but just vanishing is mildly annoying. There is also the possibility of car accidents so you get sent to the hospital for more than just a baby. I think it'd be a bit more exciting than laundry is all. (Not to say you even voted for laundry, I'm just talking to anyone now :) )
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I don't want travel times to return, as that was one aspect that put me off in Sims 3. If school ends 15:00, I want my children back home 15:01, not wait for hours for them to return. And pray that none of them had to sit overtime, because the bus waited for that single kid, holding it's siblings hostage for no fault of their own.

Carpools and school buses would best be implementes as special effects. So when my sim leaves their house, we'd see them enter a car and then that car would move until out of sight with no effect whatsoever on actual travel time. But that car would just be an fx like the sea monster and the mice. That I could live with.

And of course the idea to refurbish an accident car, upgraide and repair cars would be neat. If it comes with a skill, it should follow the Gourmet cooking model: Have 5 points in Handyness first, then advance to Automotive Mechanics.

But overall I believe the energy would be better spent on skateboards, roller blades and bicycles that out sims could drive around the neighborhoods for recreational purpose. This being the sims, they could add thrusters and other scifi gimmicks to the skateboards with sufficiently high handyness skill or unlock unique paint jobs.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    @DivieOwl ; that's how I feel about laundry. No plumming point. hahaha

BUT I on the other hand would buy a cars pack stat. Cars or other modes of transport can have all sorts of fun attached to them. Drive in-movies, fixing up old cars, getting hot and heavy in them, having them break down so you miss school- TS2 you could also drive you kid to school if they were late. I don't mind my Simmies disappearing into the ether when they drive their cars off lot- but just vanishing is mildly annoying. There is also the possibility of car accidents so you get sent to the hospital for more than just a baby. I think it'd be a bit more exciting than laundry is all. (Not to say you even voted for laundry, I'm just talking to anyone now :) )

And I think laundry is more exciting than cars that go no where lol. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2017
    Well if they want some feedback it's probably already being worked up. So even though I agree it's not a necessary, I wouldn't mind seeing it back again Sims 2 style plus.

I'd like the carpool back or an option for it depending on if there is streets there or even just player option to be picked up or not.
    I'd like some sort of refurbishing a car again and working on it as many have mentioned.
    I'd love if they put a break down chance in there for a car (possibly only able to happen on your lot though). So you'd have to pop the hood and do some maintenance .. or get a repair somehow.. call it in or towed away (not sure that last would work).
    I want a driveway and working garage door/area back. Maybe more clutter so people could build shops.
    Hopefully a new world with a little more spread or even a loop. Maybe an instance or special area to teach teenagers how to drive.
    I'd love if they let us pull our cars into a carwash. See the action or maybe even have some sort of job that our sims could get at a carwash. It would give my Walter White a second job anyway.
    Would also love it if we had a place to purchase cars but I don't see that happening.. could be fun though. We could build our own showcase places.
    Maybe Lots could be pathed for cars also.. On a big lot we could build a lovers lane or drive in that way.. Maybe a pull in diner or fast food drive in possibility.
    All terrain vehicles or motorbikes (or bikes) that could go whereever our sims could jog...

... and of course woohoo.. duh.
    egTcBMc.png
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    lovlyb wrote: »
    Love the idea that npc police officers are returning, the idea that child sims can have a bicycle or motorcycle, but they gotta have a tricycle for toddlers e.g. radio flyer, hot wheels. Woohoo in cars gotta be an option.

Also I would like to see children play in the car, like pretending.

I would be good to have sims get fixer uppers, learning a mechanic skill sims should be able to make money with this skill and have there own shop.
    Or Sims can open a car lot and sale vehicles for profit. Business owner

Teens should be able to sneak out and take the car for a spin with a few friends without the parents knowing, this would be good if they get caught more punishment options for teens. I would love to see that.

I think burglar should come back, for car theft. Sims better lock those cars in garages.

Well that's all could think of, which would make game play more better with cars.

Where does it say NPC police officers are coming back?

[img][/img]Capture_zpsprf9clic.jpg

• KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited July 2017
    Well thats what i waited for ! But i don't know how they should work i just hope it will be nice :p
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,102 Member
    edited July 2017

;) who said it would be a pack. I think it's kind of funny they are just now asking for suggestions and we only get 1 stuff pack this summer. Who knows, maybe we will get a big update like Toddlers. Here's to wishing!

Yeah simguruKimmie said, "I was asking out if my own personal curiosity. It's interesting to see what people get excited about!"

So while I don't rule out a future car pack, this makes me wonder if it could be just what she said with no plans to at this time make one, or if they are just starting to test the waters to see if it would be something people would want?

So don't get too excited yet.

• KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »

Yeah simguruKimmie said, "I was asking out if my own personal curiosity. It's interesting to see what people get excited about!"

So while I don't rule out a future car pack, this makes me wonder if it could be just what she said with no plans to at this time make one, or if they are just starting to test the waters to see if it would be something people would want?

So don't get too excited yet.

At least I returned for it. Great news for me if its going to happen in the future.
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    Without an open world transport is just another rabbit hole gimmick, more time wasted to disappear into the nothingness of loading screens
    Without an open world transport is just another rabbit hole gimmick, more time wasted to disappear into the nothingness of loading screens

It was a huge success in Sims 2 and that didn't even have the openness of Sims 4. You only had your own lot. I'll say it again, it's more than just some rabbit hole. It provides realism and I'd take it over Sims just magically disappearing out of nowhere at the end of the corner rather than riding off in the distance. With Get To Work people could have their own Auto Shop, With Get Together people could have their own Auto Clubs where Male Sims (Or any Sims) can help each other work on cars, and so much more. Just because 1 game had an open world doesn't mean we can just deal with this. I'm sorry if you don't agree, but this certainly would not be useless.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top