Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruKimmie Wants Our “Car Gameplay” Feedback!!!

Hello, I do not know where to post this so I posted it here. I just wanted to inform people that I ran into this article on Sims Vip that SimGuruKimmie was asking for feedback on twitter.

https://simsvip.com/2017/07/08/simgurukimmie-wants-car-gameplay-feedback/

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    That is great news!! I don't see cars in every neighborhood, but they could be useful for example in the rural district of Windenburg with its long road.

I think however that a Car GP would need a new world with circular roads where cars could reach every lot without fading out of sight like in TS2. That would be cool!

I loved the fixer upper car from Roaring Heights. I want my Sims to repair and improve their cars and to drive around in cabriolets while listening to the radio.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    this is probably an unpopular opinion, but i really don't want cars.
    same :D
    in any case I suppose it would be nice to see whether anything gets done with the feedback or not
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited July 2017

Well, I don't really see them making cars available for all worlds so their functionality will not only be limited but the value (the game not being open world) will be questionable as well. I can see that car interactions might be fun for a while and all (pimping your car etc.) but it makes me wonder: Wouldn't it be better if they focuse on something different that can become more fleshed out instead?
    Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member

Same. What's the point? Unless my Sims can get in and for real drive across town, I'd rather they focus their creative energy on beneficial gameplay.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    well I guess if they put them in they could function like they did in ts2 but with a little more of a driving animation I guess but I only used them then so I didn't have to wait for a taxi. Then in ts3 I didn't need them as much because teleport so I don't care either way there are other things I want more but I guess we'll see.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Does anyone else hope that the free update for the pack consists of Buses, Carpool(As an Option), and maybe taxis?
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 556 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »

Same. What's the point? Unless my Sims can get in and for real drive across town, I'd rather they focus their creative energy on beneficial gameplay.

Agreed.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Isn't the point of a life simulator to allow players to immerse themselves in a virtual world? Not every addition has to affect the mechanics of the game in a big way. If The Sims were an RPG sure, but it isn't. There'll always be players interested in laundry or cars because it makes their world more lifelike, or ideal for storytelling. Same goes for build tools, a lot of which are cosmetic, if you think about it.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    I really loved cars in Sims 3 but I don't really see the point having them in 4 without an open world. I don't really want to watch my sim get in a car, drive for however long then cut to loading screen. It would just make travelling even longer :/
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    vivica86 wrote: »
    I really loved cars in Sims 3 but I don't really see the point having them in 4 without an open world. I don't really want to watch my sim get in a car, drive for however long then cut to loading screen. It would just make travelling even longer :/

I can just picture that in my head.

I would rather the loading screens just show more immersive images, even if it is just a still. Use a car, show the drive; train, show the journey, etc. If they were animated then that would be icing for me. Showing it then cutting to the white wall...ugh.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member

Yep, agreed. I don't see any point in cars with the game as it currently is.
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited July 2017
    It would be cool to have a driving skill, I don't want my Sims to be able to just buy a car and drive it. That isn't realistic and it would be a cool ability for Sims to earn.

The lack of open world could make it harder for a car or driving skill but there could be ways to level it up
    - Reading/researching information on cars and driving safely
    - Taking your car apart, inspecting the pieces, and putting it together again
    - Having your Sim's driving instructor coming to pick them up for a one hour driving lesson (even if the player doesn't go with them). They could give 'homework' to their pupils and be disappointed if lessons are skipped, maybe the driving instructors could be the ones who decide if your Sim has done enough to earn their driver's licence.
    - "Practice driving around the current world" where your Sim goes off driving for a practice alone (going further than where the player can see them but returning occasionally to drive past their house - maybe they could sometimes beep their horn to their family/roomates as they pass). If they haven't earned their licence yet maybe they could only be allowed to do this with an experienced driver with the mentor trait.
    Post edited by Simplyobsessed on
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited July 2017

Yep, agreed. I don't see any point in cars with the game as it currently is.

I would also like to say that the map doesn't lend itself to cars anyway. You can't see from an active neighbourhood into a non-active one for example.

I did notice that when clicking go home from a location on the island in Widenburg, the sims walked to a small dock. Give the overall map some integrity and setting some nice travel/spawn points at appropriate public transport points - tram, riverboat, train thing in the city, etc. Perhaps, putting up a still instead of the spinning diamond showing a still of the spawn destination.

This would add way more immersion, IMO. After that lot above, then maybe I would be interested in cars.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    edited July 2017
    Thought I just paste this here for you.

[img][/img]Capture_zpsprf9clic.jpg
    Post edited by lovlyb on
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    lovlyb wrote: »
    Thought I just paste this here for you.

[img][/img]Capture.jpg

Had to click on the image since Photobucket doesn't support hotlinking anymore, but that looks like a nice idea. Although if cars are going to be a game pack, they'd need to come up with A LOT of new gameplay surrounding cars.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    edited July 2017
    Love the idea that npc police officers are returning, the idea that child sims can have a bicycle or motorcycle, but they gotta have a tricycle for toddlers e.g. radio flyer, hot wheels. Woohoo in cars gotta be an option.

Also I would like to see children play in the car, like pretending.

I would be good to have sims get fixer uppers, learning a mechanic skill sims should be able to make money with this skill and have there own shop.
    Or Sims can open a car lot and sale vehicles for profit. Business owner

Teens should be able to sneak out and take the car for a spin with a few friends without the parents knowing, this would be good if they get caught more punishment options for teens. I would love to see that.

I think burglar should come back, for car theft. Sims better lock those cars in garages.

Well that's all could think of, which would make game play more better with cars.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    But you can say the same thing about rocket ships what's their functionality?

I would love an Automotive, Career/Hobby.
    If you can build a rocket, you can build a car.

there's the idea of a Driving skill, whether or not, sims drive throughout the neighborhood or across neighborhoods, or worlds, going to work/school, there could be those random "Pop ups" that could have consequences of sim returning with a Ticket, paying a fine, a flat tire or something.

I would love to build multiple types of Vehicles and their Models,

I think They Should take on real cars, or mock-ups

Like Jeep Wrangler, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Mazda Grand Touring, Bugatti, and Kawasaki Motorcycles.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    We had cars in the sims 2 which didn't have open world, and they worked fine; carpools added a nice touch for careers and going to school.

In terms of cars just adding to travel time, think of it like vampires with vampiric run; the travel time is cut slightly shorter because they run quicker to the "exit points" of the lot. Cars would work similarly so it would actually decrease travel time albeit by a small amount.

Besides features don't have to be 100% realistic to add to the game. People complain about the game lacking "depth" but it's the little slightly unnecessary things like cars (even loading screen cars)), cut-scenes, automatic memory systems that made people love the Sims 2 so much, and still now you get people pining for Will Wright's creative input. I don't personally makes sense to compare 4 to 3 because of how different the games are, even if this should not be the case as it is it's successor. The way the Sims 4 works makes it more comparable to Sims 2, and cars were a great addition to Sims 2 loading screens and all.

In short, I'm excited for this. Cars will add more to gameplay than things like laundry, in my view.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited July 2017
    Cars would add a nice touch of realism. It doesn't matter that they would not be wholly functional - they way they worked in Sims 2 was fine, given the lack of open world.

But, in the process, I would also hope to see a total overhaul of the loading screens we get while our sims are travelling - even if it was just a still of the destination, or something, it would be better than staring for the umpteenth time at that deadly dull spinning plumbob (I have actually grown to detest it so much that I have taken to closing my eyes while it is showing). Honestly, even the loading screens we had in Sims 1 were better than what we have now!!
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I'm with you. I thought cars were pretty silly in The Sims 2, where you went out got in, started it and drove to the end of the lot. It would be similarly useless for The Sims 4.
  • tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    lovlyb wrote: »
    Love the idea that npc police officers are returning, the idea that child sims can have a bicycle or motorcycle, but they gotta have a tricycle for toddlers e.g. radio flyer, hot wheels. Woohoo in cars gotta be an option.

Also I would like to see children play in the car, like pretending.

I would be good to have sims get fixer uppers, learning a mechanic skill sims should be able to make money with this skill and have there own shop.
    Or Sims can open a car lot and sale vehicles for profit. Business owner

Teens should be able to sneak out and take the car for a spin with a few friends without the parents knowing, this would be good if they get caught more punishment options for teens. I would love to see that.

I think burglar should come back, for car theft. Sims better lock those cars in garages.

Well that's all could think of, which would make game play more better with cars.

Where does it say NPC police officers are coming back?
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    While the actual idea of sim owned cars isn't a must for me, I would love to see the return of carpool, schoolbuses, and taxis. Plus, it would be great to see NPC police cars drive up to a house if burglar NPCs return. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top