Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we need a Sims 5?

x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
edited July 2017 in Off Topic Chat
Since the base game came out, people have been saying "Okay, I'm ready for Sims 5."

Honestly, I don't want another one. *I love the game, but doesn't it feel like it's been a lil over-milked?

*Hope for the best of this game, that it will be fleshed out their best ability.
Post edited by x_Always_Heart_x on

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I completely disagree. I love this franchise so much. While I feel Sims 4 has a couple more years left in it I am anticipating where they'll go with Sims 5!
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I wish they would build on this game to the point where it would be silly to add another game when everything will be here. I find that if people are always searching for a bigger picture, they'll never be able to enjoy or improve the current one!
  • ElainaElaina Posts: 80 Member
    Since the base game came out, people have been saying "Okay, I'm ready for Sims 5."

Honestly, I don't want another one.

I hope they just stop at Sims 4 and another company will pick up the idea.

That's not exactly nice. Whether they make the next iteration or not, no one is going to be forced to play it. What you are talking about is a large group of people's careers and livelyhood. They obviously put their hearts and souls into these projects. You can see their excitement on livestream. I don't think they get the respect and admiration they are owed. I hope they keep making them! I'm looking forward to The Sims 20! :)
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited July 2017
    I want this Franchise to continue forever. Each Iteration should learn from the mistakes in the past (commited/introduced by its predecessors) as it aims for the best possible gaming experience while keeping up with technological advancements (e.g. open world ).
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    All depends on when (or if) they do another one. Personally, I would prefer this one to be filled out. The crucial piece that is missing, IMO, is some kind of memory system. I kinda of hope that the longer the game lasts, the more likelihood of some love being paid to the basic mechanics of the sims themselves - a sort of base game upgrade.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I wish they would build on this game to the point where it would be silly to add another game when everything will be here. I find that if people are always searching for a bigger picture, they'll never be able to enjoy or improve the current one!

I agree, I want the Sims 4 to have as much content as it can and be the ultimate Sims game. How many times can they remake the same content?
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    For the first time I'm actually hoping for the next sims game. Ts4 development is way too slow and honestly not worth it most of the time. Besides toddlers and vampires I don't think they have outdone themselves.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Elaina wrote: »

That's not exactly nice. Whether they make the next iteration or not, no one is going to be forced to play it. What you are talking about is a large group of people's careers and livelyhood. They obviously put their hearts and souls into these projects. You can see their excitement on livestream. I don't think they get the respect and admiration they are owed. I hope they keep making them! I'm looking forward to The Sims 20! :)

I am not saying this out of disrespect. I appreciate the hard work they put forth in this franchise and I already know no one is being forced into playing a game.

I saying this as MY opinion. Like, I don't need a Sims 5. Maybe my title should be reworded...
  • ElainaElaina Posts: 80 Member
    Elaina wrote: »

I am not saying this out of disrespect. I appreciate the hard work they put forth in this franchise and I already know no one is being forced into playing a game.

I saying this as MY opinion. Like, I don't need a Sims 5. Maybe my title should be reworded...

Maybe I misunderstood. Sorry about that. But you had also said that they should just stop at 4 and let a different company have a go. That was probably the sentence I thought was kinda questionable.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Technology changes. Most computers won't play TS1 anymore. I think above all else, new iterations are meant to keep up with technology. One day, computers won't be able to play TS4 because it was built on old technology.

So the question to ask is, do you see yourself playing The Sims in 10 years? If the answer is yes, then you will want TS5, 6, 7, and beyond.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• karizzleskarizzles Posts: 263 Member
    I think it depends on when. I think it is a little too early for a sims 5 since toddlers, vampires are the most recent things to come out. Maybe after some years, I wouldn't mind it.
    0002745_yuri-on-ice-nitotan-plush-keychains_550.jpeg

• Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited July 2017
    I actually think it would be good for another company to take over. Or at least have Maxis branch off. I feel like Exec decisions have been very detrimental over development & that marketing seems to have much more precedence over the game itself(Especially around the first few months after launch)

Or at least some competition as they don't have much to contend with in Life Simulation. Don't get me wrong I like this game but honestly I get bored fast with it.

Whatever may be, I hope that if they have decided to create a new iteration that they take all the time they need to develop it before launch.
    Post edited by Savage_Patch_Kidd on
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    I predict that they're going to extend TS4's reign of terror (at least that's what it is to me, sorry LOL) for longer than the usual sims game lifespan.

I don't mind if they expand it to have more time to create a TS5 because I really don't want it to come out as incomplete as TS4. I'm just very disappointed with its content and packs in general for the past THREE years, it's all so money-grabby.

The Sims is a great franchise but it's been decreasing in quality. TS3 is where it started with EA getting greedy but at least it was still pretty good with some unique features and some good expansions that fans wanted. It was still pretty level-headed with TS2, at least in terms of the love it got.

Now TS4 is just one huge downgrade (in my opinion) in terms of gameplay and content. At least CAS and build mode are good. I hope the franchise does continue and I hope it gets better. I'm very disappointed with TS4 but I do think it's going to be running for a longer time than previous games judging by how its development is going so far.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I guess it is all about the timing for me and its a question of how they handle completing this game. I'm judging them on this game. I'm very understanding of that, but this is a product that I've spent money on. No, I don't think it is anywhere near "complete" now with the piecemeal approach that they have taken. I'm not actually criticizing that approach right now. I do like the ability to have options at various price points.

It's a question of where this is going for me. Honestly, if it's two more years with development that has been this slow? No, I'm not going to be happy to jump to a whole new version just for the sake of it. Eventually? If I feel like they have really developed this game and if modes of computing and technology change enough to justify it? Ok, they will get my attention like they did with previous versions. That's a decision that I will make for myself.

Realistically, I've always been slow to move on because I do play with the versions I've had until enough time passes or something compels me to move onto the next. I can't guarantee that I will do that again though if I think this version is lacking; that, or I will wait a LONG time into the release to see what actually happens.

I came to this version of the game because it seemed to be just starting to build momentum with old favorites that I like such as apartments and the rumored pets. It looked like an interesting new twist and I am honestly, actually, really enjoying it right now, but part of that is the anticipation of what is to come and what it can build into. If we just see Pets, Seasons and a couple more things? No, I'm not going to go buying the same thing in an incompatible reboot again anytime soon if ever.

That said, they are a company and I'm completely understanding of that. I'm totally cool with them building the Sims Mobile version as a semi-
    simultaneous alternative. As for "letting another company take over", the OP did lose me at that point. It's not realistic and also not how intellectual property works. If I want to, I can go find and play another game from another company or step away from gaming as I have frequently done. I want them to do what they can to make this a great game. I know that people have been disappointed with some aspects of the various releases. To me, this is a product that I've paid for and I want to feel like I am getting the most from it.

If they leave this game without more developed relationships, fame, vacations, supernatural stuff for those wanting it, farming and potentially other "wow factor" or more innovative ideas, I won't be happy but that's because I'd like to see them in this version.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    yes, we do. As technology and computers evolve, so must the game. Let's face it, not many of us still play the original The Sims game. I'd like to see a Sims 5 game that is a bit more "open world" than Sims 4. Somewhere between Sims 3 and 4 wherein each neighborhood is open, meaning you can go from one house to the next without a loading screen.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    I want them to continue developing. It is by far my favorite of the franchise and I have played it much longer. Yes there are quirks, but all games have them. I only see it getting better and I still LOVE the BB items in both Parenthood and Fitness Stuff. Much improved imo.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I don't think there should be a sims 5. Not in the next year or two. I don't say that coming from a place of adoration for the sims 4, I say it because I think the sims 4 is very much unfinished and I would rather they fix the issues with 4 before repeating the entire cycle.

That being said I think if and when we get a sims 5 it will be an even more simplified version of the sims 4. I don't think EA would risk an open world and all those features again.
  • Annie2008Annie2008 Posts: 108 Member
    I want the game to continue to evolve. I'm looking forward to a future Sims Virtual Reality.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm ready for Sims 5 sure Sims 4 is getting better slowly but it seems its never going to fully get simple basics things we always had in the past base games. I want Sims 5 done right though not another rushed game that needs to be patched constantly I want a game where we can create the worlds. Early on in Sims 4 development we were told we would see toddlers which we finally got and cars which there has been no signs of ever getting.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    I don't think there should be a sims 5. Not in the next year or two. I don't say that coming from a place of adoration for the sims 4, I say it because I think the sims 4 is very much unfinished and I would rather they fix the issues with 4 before repeating the entire cycle.

That being said I think if and when we get a sims 5 it will be an even more simplified version of the sims 4. I don't think EA would risk an open world and all those features again.

My problem with TS4, is how much can we expect from it? It seems like in general is very limited.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

My problem with TS4, is how much can we expect from it? It seems like in general is very limited.

If I'm feeling positive I think hopefully we will see improvements

If I'm feeling cynical, I think this is the best it's going to get and I go back to previous games.
    Orchid13 wrote: »

If I'm feeling positive I think hopefully we will see improvements

If I'm feeling cynical, I think this is the best it's going to get and I go back to previous games.

I felt like that when vampires came out. But then bowling, fitness and one sp for 3 months threw me off again.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited July 2017
    I actually think it would be good for another company to take over. Or at least have Maxis branch off. I feel like Exec decisions have been very detrimental over development & that marketing seems to have much more precedence over the game itself(Especially around the first few months after launch)

Or at least some competition as they don't have much to contend with in Life Simulation. Don't get me wrong I like this game but honestly I get bored fast with it.

Whatever may be, I hope that if they have decided to create a new iteration that they take all the time they need to develop it before launch.

I disagree, as much as i dislike EA in general, i've seem to many studios that were sold to another company that was an even worse 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or went independent and did not have the resources to continue the work the way they did before and pretty much plumented and went to hell. Many from great game franchises that today i wish there were still up and running

To the OP - Yes, we need a thesims5, here is my view on thesims games in general :

Thesims1 - Ambitious and original but old - Chaos and Peace coexist, and it is awesome
    Thesims2 - Best Sims, good story, overall improovement - A game you could play with heart
    Thesims3 - Tried to hard to be something it was'nt - Road to he11 is paved with good intentions
    Thesims4 -Simplistic but charming, lacking content is missed - Slow reconstruction from ashes
    Thesims5 - ? - The game that might rocket EA back to glory ....or the definitive death of the franchise
    jr73Y.gif

v12creator wrote: »

I disagree, as much as i dislike EA in general, i've seem to many studios that were sold to another company that was an even worse plum or went independent and did not have the resources to continue the work the way they did before and pretty much plumented and went to plum. Many from great game franchises that today i wish there were still up and running

To the OP - Yes, we need a thesims5, here is my view on thesims games in general :

Thesims1 - Ambitious and original but old - Chaos and Peace coexist, and it is awesome
    Thesims2 - Best Sims, good story, overall improovement - A game you could play with heart
    Thesims3 - Tried to hard to be something it was'nt - Road to he11 is paved with good intentions
    Thesims4 -Simplistic but charming, lacking content is missed - Slow reconstruction from ashes
    Twhesims5 - ? - The game that might rocket EA back to glory ....or the definitive death of the franchise

They desperately need to go back to its roots. Obviously according to the technology available now.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Regardless of whether I love the current Sims game or not, I think nothing will stop another game coming out at some point.

In the past I've noticed this happening once they have exhausted their options for expansions, thus losing interest of new players, or when there is a chance in animation style.

I don't think Sims 5 is anywhere near in the future, but it's definitely out there.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison