Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 QC Create A Room Contest ~ Challenge 85 Up due (EST) 10th December ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Entry Form:
    QC Room challenge no:61
    Origin ID:popettypop2012
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Experienced
    Gallery Name: The Baker's Hearth
    Gallery Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/AA3DC1C0621611E784908C22C78BD130?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    Images (2 - 6 images):
    At least 1 showing as much of a room as possible.
    nziz5OV.png
    Wf0dYkr.png
    b6BQ8dR.png
    8zjkK6h.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,654 Member
    The design and furnishing of Baker's Hearth is very nice! @popettypop2012 :) Very nice nature theme of the bakery! The name of room is warming, The brick and wooden wall textures look nice together and give a nice feel to the room. The greenery on the walls looks so nice! It looks very nice how the dining tables and chairs have been set up for sims to enjoy eating bakery food there.The green and brown colour of the furniture complements with the greenery and walls well. The blossoms are nice touches on the table tops. The glass display cases look great stocked with tasty food items either sides of the cash register counter, and the food looks nice on the racks also. Sims will enjoy ordering drinks from the espresso bar to drink at the tables. The menu board and cakes wall prints are great Bakery touches. The plants wall decor are a nice touch. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel with sunshine coming in through the windows. Very nice arnchairs fireplace sitting nook! Sims will enjoy relaxing there chatting in front of the fire and watching tv. The tree wall prints look nice and add to the natural theme of the Bakery. The wall pictures add a nice look to the nook area, and the plants look great either sides of the fireplace. Very nice windows display! The baked goods look nice on the shelving and table, and the greenery and the string lights look nice om the brown brick wall.
    It is a very nice Bakery ! :)
  • Options
    flowerofavalon87flowerofavalon87 Posts: 105 Member
    Sorry, but I have another quick question... Does the window display need to be accessible by Sims? Like, for them to place things on it or take them off in game? Because at the moment my display is set up for me to drag things onto it, but sims can't take any items off the display... Is that a playability issue?
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    I would make it accessible @flowerofavalon87
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you so much, sweet @rosemow your review is always such a delight to read.
  • Options
    Thanks @Cbear13! :blush:
  • Options
    SonjaCopelandSonjaCopeland Posts: 65 Member
    Do I have to bake the items then place it? Because with hidden object food, it's just a plate.
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,149 Member
    edited July 2017
    Entry Form:
    QC Room challenge no: 61
    Origin ID: cat315118
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate
    Gallery Name: Minty Berry Swirly Bakery
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/7C420CF462AF11E78A1DA1B0FF9750EF?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cat315118&max=50&maxis=false
    theme:
    Mint and berry based baked goods serve as the theme for my color scheme of mint green with pops of pink and white, although, the bakery sells cake, pie and other pastry that is not of that color scheme.

Note: The below screenshots show all of the baked goods in the shop's front window, as well as more baked goods within the shop, itself. The baked goods can only be in the screenshots because of the current "baked good bug."
    9xeUjVv.jpg
    "Mommy, I want it all!" *looks longingly at all the goodies in the bakery's window*
    fYq6hkn.jpg
    Customers await their turn to enter the bakery. This is a different view of the shop's window.
    KbMOjkx.jpg
    a bird' eye view of the entire bakery
    dO7X1ux.jpg
    a bird's eye view of the bathroom, as well as part of the kitchen and the main part of the bakery
    IMKYJzk.jpg
    A customer waits for the employees near the cash register to wait on him --- while the bakers prepare to bake more tasty treats for customer's enjoyment in the background and a child watches the TV above the fireplace in the foreground.
    1xLR4jn.jpg
    A father and daughter sit together in front of the calming fire.
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Minty Berry Swirly Bakery is very nice! @coolsim9999999 :) Very nice mint green, pink and white colour scheme of the room! The windows display area looks great! The baked items look nice on. the pink berry coloured circular tables. The picture of the toddler looking into the windows is very cute! The bakery and cupcake signs are nice near the front door. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the bakery! The mint green walls are nice. It looks very nice how the mint green chairs and pink berry tables are set up for sims to enjoy eating the baked goods they have bought. The large circular floor rug looks great there! Very nice armchairs fireplace sitting nook for sims to enjoy chatting near the fire and watching tv. The cake item and books look great on the coffee table. The pink flooring texture gives a very nice feel to the room. It looks very nice how the glass display case, espresso bar and fridges are placed there, and stocked with bakery items. The hearts on the wall are pretty.
    It is a very nice bakery ! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @rosemow --- Thank you very much for your awesome review of my bakery B)! I'm glad that you liked my color theme, as well as the little details, such as the fireplace nook and the white round rug where Sims will sit to eat baked goods :D, and how I set up the baked goods in the front window --- with the toddler looking in, too :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Do I have to bake the items then place it? Because with hidden object food, it's just a plate.

Yes @SonjaCopeland I think that's only way (that I know of). And it is a lot of work! Almost feels like you've baked everything yourself! :D
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @SonjaCopeland, the easiest way is to either download sims from the gallery that are level 10 in gourmet cooking, cooking and baking or do a skills cheat (which I don't know how to do yet) on your current sims. It took two of my downloaded sims about 12 sim hours to fill two refrigerated displays and the front display.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    lsnishi wrote: »
    @SonjaCopeland, the easiest way is to either download sims from the gallery that are level 10 in gourmet cooking, cooking and baking or do a skills cheat (which I don't know how to do yet) on your current sims. It took two of my downloaded sims about 12 sim hours to fill two refrigerated displays and the front display.

The cheat codes to get your sim to level 10 in those skills are
    Type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter,
    Type in
    stats.set_skill_level Major_HomestyleCooking 10
    Press enter
    Type in
    stats.set_skill_level Major_GourmetCooking 10
    Press enter
    Type in
    stats.set_skill_level Major_Baking 10
    Press enter
  • Options
    SonjaCopelandSonjaCopeland Posts: 65 Member
    @rosemow thank you :)
  • Options
    I used the cheats to skill up my 6 adult Sims, and it didn't take that long --- I've known the cheats for a long time. It's great that you posted the cheats @rosemow :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    edited July 2017
    Origin ID: withlovejulien
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Advanced
    Gallery Name: Cutie Pies Bakery & Café
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/269A08F0633311E787EDC13EA108331C
    Images (2 - 6 images):
    At least 1 showing as much of a room as possible.

Notes: I recommend locking the door to the display window because Sims apparently love mirrors and trying on clothes. The light fixtures have been dimmed since they are doubled up. The display cabinet behind the cash register is deliberately pushed into the wall so the back of the cabinet looks like it was painted like the wall (I made sure it didn't protrude). The paper lantern pillar in the middle of the display cabinets is there deliberately because the paper lanterns needed the support and in the real world you could put a support on top of the cabinets. I placed a table in the kitchen because the Sims want to place items from the cupcake factory on tables. This way they aren't walking out into the main room and putting items on tables before they are marked for sale. The awning is attached to the ceiling (I know it's a wall item but since we can't do soffits and it works with the shape and support structure of the awning, this particular awning "attaches" to the ceiling). The self-serve fridges and display cabinets are located close to the register on the right side of the build so Sims can go in and check out without needing to walk past a lot of people hanging out. The other side of the build and back is for lingering and they need to pass the displays to get there. Notes on the display window: In the display window I decided to put in food representation (cake plates, tea service, coffee pots, cookie jars, plates, fruit) instead of actual food because 1) actual food would spoil very quickly and require a lot of upkeep; 2) the tiers are functional but the food would likely clip like mad and look awful; 3) this way the display window stays closed off to the public instead of having customers stream into the display window; 4) food doesn't upload anyway and I wanted it to look nice without a lot of futzing. People who use it can always replace the existing objects with food. The mannequin has all waitress outfits that are blue. I liked this pose because I can make her look like she's offering a nice coffee. The tiered tables do slot items. Even though the doorway to the display window is covered with a curtain (to keep it hidden from view for the customers), the Sims will walk right through it to access the display window and change the clothes on the mannequin.

More images

The display window (can this be the image used for the frame?):

s0uU0tw.png

Display window, entire window:

N7Bt2iC.png

Cash register area

bexkqc6.png

Lounge area

0Xrl8CD.png

Espresso bar

hhFK8Vt.png

Post edited by withlovejulien on
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @withlovejulien, what a gorgeous bakery and beautiful display! Very creative use of the mirrors as a backdrop! Great lounge area too. Hahahah, I second the locking the door to the display; I had Lila Munch in there eating the black and white cake (2 pieces) and a couple of cereal covered doughnuts during the play testing.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Cutie Pies Bakery and Cafe is very nice! @withlovejulien :) Very nice blue and white colour scheme of the room. The furnishing of the bakery looks very nice ! The gingham wall pattern gives a nice look to the store. Very nice design of the windows dispay area! The mannequin waitress looks very great there, ready to pour some coffee! The variety of mirrors look great on the wall! The cake item, cookie jar, fruit bowl, teaset , books and cofee bag are nice touches on the tables. The blue flowers are a pretty touch on display. Very nice type of ceiling lights used in the room. The cash register area looks very nice! The awnings and crockery display cabinets, the menu board, white/blue tree and the cake items on the counter. look great there. Sims will enjoy buying food from the glass display cases or the fridges in the room.Very nice comfortable armchairs and sofa sitting area! Sims will enjoy relaxing there, having a chat with other sims, in front of the fire . The cake picture /sign on the walls look great! The books, little tree, plants, plate and teapot are nice touches on the coffee table and fireplace ledge. The patterned floor rug adds to the nice look of the nook area. Very nice espresso bar area! Sims will enjoy sitting at the tables having a drink of coffee and food that they have bought at the bakery. The blossoms are a nice touch on the table tops. Very nice table area where sims can get milk, cream, cinnamon and serviettes to use after getting their coffee! The neon cup sign looks great on the wall, and the items look nice on the wall shelves either sides of it . The golden awmings are pretty over the espresso bar area.
    Sims will enjoy visiting the bakery! :)
  • Options
    Thanks so much @lsnishi and @rosemow! I'm excited to enter another QC rooms challenge!
    Hahahah, I second the locking the door to the display; I had Lila Munch in there eating the black and white cake (2 pieces) and a couple of cereal covered doughnuts during the play testing.

Those Sims! :)
  • Options
    RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    @coolsim9999999 Love the color scheme that you used in your bakery!

@withlovejulien Love your display windows with all the mirrors!
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Options
    Thanks so much @RivendellStar B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank, @RivendellStar!! I'm glad it looks good!
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @Cbear13 (hope you are better now) @lisa17ann (where are you? hope you do not have cbear13 flu) here is my entry (posting while eating a cheesecake lol):

Origin ID: osiazul
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: advanced
    Gallery Name: My Sweet Bakery
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/gallery/E4E6782A62DC11E786DFC13EA108331C
    Images (2 - 6 images):

i4f25ew.png
    8aYux1b.png
    rDaBNhu.png
    2MtPOBf.png
    9LQc029.png
    X9U4I1x.png

Notes: Sorry, I did not use edibles at the front window to avoid gameplay issues (crazy customers lol). I included ice cream because in my city it is normal to sell it at the bakeries (also I love cake with ice cream). I took the photos before placing more books at the coffee table and moving the flowers far from the window display entry. I try to make a cake fountain, please imagine that those armchairs are not wet :D Good news: sims do not try to seat at them. It is sad that the food bug is still there :'(

BTW this room is a full bakery, ready to use, everyone should try to build the lot: you only need a nice roof, outside decor, maybe a little bedroom (optional) and it is done, also all the food will transfer at the gallery in a lot :# All the rooms are so "yummy", a full bakery of each one will look awesome! @Cbear13 front window idea was great! Really nice challenge <3
  • Options
    RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    @emere That is creative how you made a giant cake in the window display.
    jiyKE8j.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top