Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I run the sims 4 on Dell Inspiron

I can run the Sims 4 CAS demo perfectly but I have read that it has completely different requirements to the game. I am wondering if I will be able to run the Sims 4 on my Dell Inspiron 3521, intel celeron 887 1.5GHz, 4GB RAM. If anyone can tell me if this will work or not I would be very grateful :)

Comments

• Options
    albaniealbanie Posts: 584 Member
    I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 and it runs well enough on there :)
    You never forget the face of the person who was your last hope - The Hunger Games.
    Banana! - Minions
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Meme234x wrote: »
    I can run the Sims 4 CAS demo perfectly but I have read that it has completely different requirements to the game. I am wondering if I will be able to run the Sims 4 on my Dell Inspiron 3521, intel celeron 887 1.5GHz, 4GB RAM. If anyone can tell me if this will work or not I would be very grateful :)

Are you just ordering this now? If you can get it with switchable graphics, not just integrated graphics, you'll get *much* better performance, for longer. If it's only integrated graphics, I wouldn't bother with it if playing Sims 4 for its lifespan is your goal. Whatever you get, make sure it meets *at least* the minimum video-card specs for the game, preferably better. I don't expect that people playing on the minimum specs will be able to manage a lot of game add-ons in the end. More than 4 GB RAM will also help -- it will mean that things running in the background are much less likely to crash your system.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hello,

The Intel Celeron 887 does not meet the minimum requirements, hence this computer would not support the full The Sims 4 game.

Sorry for this inconvenience,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options
    averymayabaverymayab Posts: 1 New Member
    I just bought the Dell 15566 - 3000 and I really want to get the Sims 3 or 4. I tried the demo and it said the graphics weren't good, and they weren't. But they weren't horrible. I just don't know if it would work in the actual gameplay. Does anyone know if it would?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    averymayab wrote: »
    I just bought the Dell 15566 - 3000 and I really want to get the Sims 3 or 4. I tried the demo and it said the graphics weren't good, and they weren't. But they weren't horrible. I just don't know if it would work in the actual gameplay. Does anyone know if it would?

Could you give the link to the computer?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 it plays both TS3 and TS4 perfectly. Not had any problems with it.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

The demo is different than running the game. If this is your computer, it does not meet requirements to run the sims 3 and 4. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i3-6gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/5709800.p?skuId=5709800
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member

The demo is different than running the game. If this is your computer, it does not meet requirements to run the sims 3 and 4. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i3-6gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/5709800.p?skuId=5709800

Actually I think it does since it has an Intel Core i3 @ 2.4 GHz, Intel HD Graphics 620, 6 GB RAM, and a 1TB Hard drive which is enough to run both games although TS3 doesn't support newer Intel processors but unlike macOS, the game will run.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Actually I think it does since it has an Intel Core i3 @ 2.4 GHz, Intel HD Graphics 620, 6 GB RAM, and a 1TB Hard drive which is enough to run both games although TS3 doesn't support newer Intel processors but unlike macOS, the game will run.

Mac is different than pc with the sims 4. Laptop is weaker than desktop and the sims games require a mid range gaming desktop

No it does not meet requirements . The sims 4 requires a s quad core i5 processor on desktop . You need an i7 quad core on laptop. Laptop hardware is weaker than desktop hardware.

The integrated intel graphics card is not supported either. The game requires a n Nvidia GTX 650 or better ion desktop . You need a more powerful dedicated video on laptop to equal a GTX 650 or better on desktop.

Laptops can not be upgraded when it comes to video card and processor. You are stuck with the specs you buy. If you buy a laptop that does not meet the recommended requirements you will be stuck with a laptop that can not run the game and you will have to buy a new computer or stop playing the game

You need 8 gb ram minimum to run windows 10, the game , origin and other programs

Any computer that meets requirements to play the sims 4 will also run the sims 3

I wish you would stop promoting intel integrated graphics and telling people it's ok to game on integrated graphics. They are not designed for gaming. Gaming 3d games on these kinds of specs can ruin a PC computer. We will never give this kind of advice in PC tech .

PS They sims 3 plays on new intel processors. Where are you getting this false info from?
    Post edited by phoebebebe13 on
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member

You will have problems with the full game.
    It lacks a dedicate graphics card which is crucial for gaming, and the cpu is also below recommended, This game is VERY cpu heavy.
    It will run but it's HIGHLY not recommended and you will not have a pleasant gaming experience.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    I would agree with everything that phoebebebe said above, Suggesting people play the game on intel integrated graphics is just plain silly and your setting the OP up for failure. Not only will the game play horrendously but it will most likely shorten the life of the laptop and not to mention the overheating issues one will get.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited July 2017

Mac is different than pc with the sims 4. Laptop is weaker than desktop and the sims games require a mid range gaming desktop

No it does not meet requirements . The sims 4 requires a s quad core i5 processor on desktop . You need an i7 quad core on laptop. Laptop hardware is weaker than desktop hardware.

The integrated intel graphics card is not supported either. The game requires a n Nvidia GTX 650 or better ion desktop . You need a more powerful dedicated video on laptop to equal a GTX 650 or better on desktop.

Laptops can not be upgraded when it comes to video card and processor. You are stuck with the specs you buy. If you buy a laptop that does not meet the recommended requirements you will be stuck with a laptop that can not run the game and you will have to buy a new computer or stop playing the game

You need 8 gb ram minimum to run windows 10, the game , origin and other programs

Any computer that meets requirements to play the sims 4 will also run the sims 3

I wish you would stop promoting intel integrated graphics and telling people it's ok to game on integrated graphics. They are not designed for gaming. Gaming 3d games on these kinds of specs can ruin a PC computer. We will never give this kind of advice in PC tech .

PS They sims 3 plays on new intel processors. Where are you getting this false info from?

I'm playing the game on my Dell XPS 410 from 2007 with an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 (Core 2 Duo) and an AMD Radeon HD 5670, and you say my computer is not supported? I don't think there's anything in system requirements saying you need an Intel Core i5 to play The Sims 4. TS4 has lower system requirements than games such as Battlefield 1.

I don't know why PC Simmer hate Intel so much. If you have an Intel Core i3/i5, 8 GB RAM, and 1366x768, it's probably more than enough to run the game, even the 13" MacBook Pro with base specs can run The Sims 4. Besides, many people would simply lower the graphics settings or resolution if the game is running slow or at least experiment with the best settings.
    Post edited by WinMacSims3 on
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    edited July 2017

I'm playing the game on my Dell XPS 410 from 2007 with an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 (Core 2 Duo) and an AMD Radeon HD 5670, and you say my computer is not supported? I don't think there's anything in system requirements saying you need an Intel Core i5 to play The Sims 4. TS4 has lower system requirements than games such as Battlefield 1.

I don't know why PC Simmer hate Intel so much. If you have an Intel Core i3/i5, 8 GB RAM, and 1366x768, it's probably more than enough to run the game, even the 13" MacBook Pro with base specs can run The Sims 4. Besides, many people would simply lower the graphics settings or resolution if the game is running slow or at least experiment with the best settings.

You can play on whatever you want. That is your choice but don't come into tech and make bad choices for others. Yes your computer is lower end. I bet by now the game runs on low settings and the game is not complete . Love to see how your 10 year old computer would run this game when it is complete. I bet you will fall behind and need a new computer to play the complete game for the sims 4.. Your specs might be fine for the sims 3 but it runs differently than the sims 4. Sims 3 is an older game

This person is looking for NEW hardware not your hardware from 2007 that is from the dinosaur age. They don't sell it anymore and is completely irrelevant to someone buying a new computer and sending this thread off topic.

EA states this is the specs you need to run the Sims 4 game on PC DESKTOP. This is for the complete game which has not happened yet.

RECOMMENDED SPECS:
    PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster, AMD Athlon X4
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
    MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: 15 GB of Hard Drive space

There are all different kinds of intel processors for different functions. The game REQUIRES an intel i5 Quad Core on desktop. It requires a dedicated video card separate from the processor. They make intel processor to work separate from the video card. They also make intel processors that are integrated with the video card. The intel integrated processors and video cards ARE NOT FOR GAMING. You can ruin your computer. The op is asking about an integrated laptop which should never be gamed on and will never run this game the way it should or if at all.

You go on and on and on and on ( so many threads) about intel , pushing it on people yet you seem to not be knowledgeable on the subject at all and the different hardware intel has. I don't know how many times we have explained this to you but it goes in one ear and out the other.

PLEASE STOP COMPARING Mac TO PC. They are NOT THE SAME and have their own versions of the game.

@chesterbigbird is a computer build expert. Her expertise is far greater than yours when it comes to computers yet you want to come in here and debate with the people who know much more than you and so do I.

You don't understand how computer hardware works or meeting requirements set by EA.

• Options
    BmfbBmfb Posts: 5 New Member
    Will any of the sims work on this laptop

Dell Inspiron 15.6" 2 in 1 Touchscreen Laptop Computer, Intel Dual Core i3-6100U 2.3GHz CPU, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, HDMI, USB 3.0, Webcam, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Windows 10
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Bmfb wrote: »

Dell Inspiron 15.6" 2 in 1 Touchscreen Laptop Computer, Intel Dual Core i3-6100U 2.3GHz CPU, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, HDMI, USB 3.0, Webcam, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Windows 10

Maybe the sims 2. It won't run 3 or 4 . You need a laptop like this or better to run 3 and 4 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154594&cm_re=gtx_960m-_-34-154-594-_-Product
  • Options
    BmfbBmfb Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="phoebebebe13;c-15886579"][quote="Bmfb;c-15886408"]Will any of the sims work on this laptop

Dell Inspiron 15.6" 2 in 1 Touchscreen Laptop Computer, Intel Dual Core i3-6100U 2.3GHz CPU, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, HDMI, USB 3.0, Webcam, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Windows 10[/quote]

Maybe the sims 2. It won't run 3 or 4 . You need a laptop like this or better to run 3 and 4 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154594&cm_re=gtx_960m-_-34-154-594-_-Product[/quote]

Yikes lol I'm on a budget.. what about this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i3-6gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/5835851.p?skuId=5835851
  • Options

Maybe the sims 2. It won't run 3 or 4 . You need a laptop like this or better to run 3 and 4 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154594&cm_re=gtx_960m-_-34-154-594-_-Product

Yikes lol I'm on a budget.. what about this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i3-6gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/5835851.p?skuId=5835851

This also does not meet requirements. You cant upgrade a laptop. You are stuck with the specs you buy. If you play on laptop it has to meet the recommended requirements or you be stuck with a laptop that can't run the game and a game you can't play. My only suggestion is to save becsue your going to need a laptop like I posted or better.
  • Options
    sweetsi0sweetsi0 Posts: 7 New Member
    I just switched from an older Dell to the Inspiron gaming desktop 5675. It will run and I can add some mods, but it can't handle all my mods like the regular 660 did. I checked each folder and it's fine with all of them in small doses. It's annoying that a gaming pc isn't able to do what an ordinary one could.
  • Options
    zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    sweetsi0 wrote: »
    I just switched from an older Dell to the Inspiron gaming desktop 5675. It will run and I can add some mods, but it can't handle all my mods like the regular 660 did. I checked each folder and it's fine with all of them in small doses. It's annoying that a gaming pc isn't able to do what an ordinary one could.

Sorry. You aren't allowed to necropost on this forum.

^
    Dell laptops aren't that good for gaming. Even if they're meant for gaming, they don't have the best graphics. I'd recommend a lenovo or HP.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    millsmolls wrote: »
    sweetsi0 wrote: »

Sorry. You aren't allowed to necropost on this forum.

^
    Dell laptops aren't that good for gaming. Even if they're meant for gaming, they don't have the best graphics. I'd recommend a lenovo or HP.

Dell makes laptops for gaming . HP and lenovo also make low end laptops not for gaming. It's the hardware inside that counts and if that hardware meets requirements to run the game or not. Recommending a name brand means nothing if it does not have the proper hardware to run this game

The person who necroed this thread also claims to be playing on a desktop. Desktop hardware is different and more powerful than laptop hardware though their desktop might not have gaming hardware to run this game efficiently

PS As far as I know if someone needs tech help, Necro threads in tech maybe fine with EA, New members can not start their own thread
  • Options
    xanisauxxanisaux Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a Dell Inspiron 570 and I was wondering if anyone would mind telling me if the sims 4 will run smoothly on it, I was tryin to do some research on it and found out the computer has an advanced graphics card? So I’d assume so but I don’t know much of anything about computers so I’m not sure what’s good and what’s bad hahaha
  • Options
    xanisaux wrote: »
    I have a Dell Inspiron 570 and I was wondering if anyone would mind telling me if the sims 4 will run smoothly on it, I was tryin to do some research on it and found out the computer has an advanced graphics card? So I’d assume so but I don’t know much of anything about computers so I’m not sure what’s good and what’s bad hahaha

Is this your computer ? https://www.cnet.com/products/dell-inspiron-570/specs/

If so , this computer does not meet requirements to run the game. It may run the base game but you need a computer that meets recommended requirements should you want to play all the game add ons.