Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Surprise!!! More For Family Players!

Quarterly Teaser....
https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_thumb/882657396769861635/pu/img/uXjHrirqDlsihav3.jpg

More stuff for Family Players... why am I not surprised.... :/
Builders left behind...AGAIN! There is no love for builders. :(
fkgck4xkargo.png
"If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    When you consider how much time and development went in to toddlers and family play ( including all the time toddlers were hush hush before their appearance) you can see why so much else in the game has fallen behind or lacking.

It's time to get the rest of the game up to speed!
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited July 2017
    I see this thread got moved to the Stuff Pack discussion area! Why? This is about the Quarterly Teaser not a Stuff Pack!
    @SimGuruDrake
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    I see this thread got moved to the Stuff Pack discussion area! Why? This is about the Quarterly Teaser not a Stuff Pack!
    @SimGuruDrake

Because the teaser is about a stuff pack.
    @SimGuruDrake

Because the teaser is about a stuff pack.

So, all we are getting in this next quarter is a Stuff Pack?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited July 2017
    It's certainly possible there might be more, but literally all the teaser references is the toddler-related stuff pack.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    It's a life simulation game....so it should be no surprise that more of the dev focus is on playing the game rather than building.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    All we're getting is a stuff pack which has never added in things for build mode. New build mode features are patched in or added in expansions and they did not even hint at a patch slow 3 months ahead.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    JimG72 wrote: »
    It's a life simulation game....so it should be no surprise that more of the dev focus is on playing the game rather than building.

That is not the way it was in the first 3 versions. Building had as much weight as game play, and there were a lot more building tools. The Sims 4 has changed direction in that sense and building has fallen to the wayside. Have you ever played any of the previous versions?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »

That is not the way it was in the first 3 versions. Building had as much weight as game play, and there were a lot more building tools. The Sims 4 has changed direction in that sense and building has fallen to the wayside. Have you ever played any of the previous versions?

True. When stuff came out there was always just as much build mode items as CAS and buy mode.
    In TS4 build mode and buy mode are one. Maybe that has something to do with it. :grey_question:
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    edited July 2017
    It's time for Sims 4 Home Improvement Stuff!

Make it a Game Pack, release terrain tools as free patch prior to release. Sort of like they did with swimming in the ocean in Sims 3.

(Gamepack so there isn't limitations on things like spiral staircases, or any other kind of new content)
  • zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    IMHO the entire game is nearly pointless if you can't get the lots the way you want them in the first place
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    While im excited about more family stuff (HOORAY!!) someone seriously needs to look at what has happened to restaurants and Dining out since the Parenting pack was released. Musical chairs is back and with a vengence! Tryng to run a cafe is like trying to organise a football match!
    Im always excited to see new stuff but we really need a Bug fix pack not just for Dining out but for all the bugs in Sims 4 which get reported and then seem to be politely put into the in tray and not disturbed
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member

I will only get this stuff pack if Tim Allen is an NPC. If not that will be a heck no!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Aeriexo11 wrote: »

Make it a Game Pack, release terrain tools as free patch prior to release. Sort of like they did with swimming in the ocean in Sims 3.

(Gamepack so there isn't limitations on things like spiral staircases, or any other kind of new content)

If terrain tools is even doable in this game, since it is pretty limited considering the origin of the game. Dunno if any of the Simguru's ever confirmed if they were possible at all?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    While I like family focused gameplay, I have to say it's too much all at once though. Change it up EA!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I can't wait to get this, I play families only in my game and all my famlies have a toddler. I love they are putting this out.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Aeriexo11 wrote: »

One thing I'd really like for them to add is a way to copy a world. Like, if people want more space, they could copy one of the existing worlds, and thus get more lots to place their sims in.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited July 2017
    Karilan wrote: »
    While I like family focused gameplay, I have to say it's too much all at once though. Change it up EA!

How is one game pack and a SP too much? And they weren't even released consecutively, Fitness came between them.

I just don't understand it. The way people are talking, you would think that every single thing released this year was geared toward family play. Before anyone mentions Toddler release, you can't really count them, because they should have been there from the start. Therefore they are base game content, and can't be counted in this argument.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    The building aspect really is lacking in a lot of ways and they haven't added much to the base content for building either so I can see why people are frustrated. Maybe something next quarter? :/ Mostly just a waiting game now it seems.
    6riwm5.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    And why do most of the gates not ever fit most of the fences..useless.
    OMG this is one of my pet hates. What were they thinking?
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    And why do most of the gates not ever fit most of the fences..useless.
    OMG this is one of my pet hates. What were they thinking?

I hate when the gates and fences don't match, it annoys the hell out of me, and my mind just doesn't see it as one
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    When you consider how much time and development went in to toddlers and family play ( including all the time toddlers were hush hush before their appearance) you can see why so much else in the game has fallen behind or lacking.

It's time to get the rest of the game up to speed!
    Does that mean you are all for a Toddler SP @fullspiral?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641