Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can mood swings be triggered? Or was I just lucky?

I have been playing a teen with Parenthood, and he's had two mood swings so far. The first time seemed random: He came home from school with an angry +50 moodlet for no apparent reason. But the second time was almost too fitting to be a coincidence. It happened immediately after he broke up with his girlfriend (she was jealous and a loner and they fought all the time). At the very same moment as he got the sad breakup moodlet, he also got a +50 sad mood swing moodlet saying "it's time to wear black". I laughed out loud at how realistic and funny it was. Now he just sits in his room all day and blogs about his feelings. Maybe I should get him a journal or something.

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Mine gets them all the time and IDK why. :anguished:
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited June 2017
    It can sometimes happen after argument.
    My teen got a 50 point sad moodlet after arguing with someone.

Edit. Forgot to mention that it have happend two times after the school. As it was a Tense moodlet, it changed their walk style.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    It can sometimes happen after argument.
    My teen got a 50 point sad moodlet after arguing with someone.

They did argue just before he broke up with her, so that makes sense.
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    I obviously need to get my teens to argue more if that can trigger a mood swing. I've only experienced one so far and think it's cool if they are in fact connected to what happens to our teen Simmies. I need to check this out, thanks for pointing it out. :)
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    I've been wondering this too. I've also gotten that perfectly timed mood swing to super-anger after an argument, but it could have been random chance. It definitely had impeccable timing and I had him go around being mean and rude to strangers - I've decided this Sim's response to anger is to get into fist fights with strangers.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think it happens with low moods or low needs. Or seems that way for me, anyway. My sims are usually uncomfortably tired when they start.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Ooh, I haven't had one yet. Was thinking of when and how they happen :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

I think they happen the way @EmmaVane mentioned it. Low needs and or mood. My one teen would cuss a lot! Then him a his buddy would cuss a lot together. lol In the other household the teen was fine but his little sister was mean to adults and was just plain weird. She needed love and discipline a lot!! Then in the other household one twin was fine but the other one's mood flared up a bit. It definitely make things interesting. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »

I think they happen the way @EmmaVane mentioned it. Low needs and or mood. My one teen would cuss a lot! Then him a his buddy would cuss a lot together. lol In the other household the teen was fine but his little sister was mean to adults and was just plain weird. She needed love and discipline a lot!! Then in the other household one twin was fine but the other one's mood flared up a bit. It definitely make things interesting. :)

I know right, I love how this pack did so much for sims' individuality and the experience of growing up differently. I have a family with five kids now, never bothered to have that many before. But they're all so unique and react differently to the challenges they face.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    The mood swings are a challenge for my poor sims teen. He stays super tense. He has a toddler and is raising him alone while trying to maintain a job, garden to make extra money and good grades. Something has gotta give, but to his credit he is taking it all in stride so far, LOL
  • Options
    Marktn wrote: »
    The mood swings are a challenge for my poor sims teen. He stays super tense. He has a toddler and is raising him alone while trying to maintain a job, garden to make extra money and good grades. Something has gotta give, but to his credit he is taking it all in stride so far, LOL

Wow that sounds like a challenge allright. I have never had a teenager raise younger siblings on their own before, but maybe I will now that we have Parenthood to make it extra interesting.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    I actually use mods and it is the teen's son. I was amazed that it worked as I have tried before and the only way the sim could have the kid was if I aged them up to YA first. I'm happy it worked due to the parenthood pack coming out. I'm having lots of fun with this.
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    My teen sim got a 50% tense mood swing when he started being mean to someone at the park. After he declared her his enemy and they fought, he became dazed, but then he fought again right after. He then got the tense mood swing. I felt too guilty making him do mean things so I quit the game without saving :s
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Teen moods (in my opinion) are triggered by low fun, low hygiene, low energy, and hunger. Soon after too much of this they get in a mood.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    I have a sim who got the moodlet "dropped a tray during lunch" and was embarrassed. He also had another moodlet for a moodswing.