Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creating my own active job through the use of clubs

I need some advice. I've got an idea of letting one of my teen sims intern at an office building. So I downloaded an office building on the gallery, set it up as one of the penthouses in San Myshuno. And to keep it from being empty, I created two clubs to spend time at the office building. (made it so that both clubs have their meeting space at the office building)

How can I make sure that said clubs are actually hanging out at the building when my teen visits the place?

I'd just hate for Salim to be all alone when he gets to 'work' (I'll probably make a third club for the interns, so Salim won't be the only teen doing a after school job there*g*

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    As far as I know, the only way to guarantee clubs will be hanging out is to play as one of the members. But, in my game at least, clubs do gather often autonomously. Just not always.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited July 2017
    calaprfy wrote: »
    As far as I know, the only way to guarantee clubs will be hanging out is to play as one of the members. But, in my game at least, clubs do gather often autonomously. Just not always.

Well I guess when he grows up into YA, he'll just join the office workers club, to make sure he has colleagues to socialize with*g*
    Just want an active version of a programmer career, where he can go to an office to work on his programming skills,create aps, games and so on :smiley: )
    Post edited by liliaeth on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    What venue type did you use, or just using residential and inviting over? or calling a club meeting at the home?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    edited July 2017
    This is a good idea! Now I have a bunch of thoughts racing through my head. Do you just give the Sim a money cheat at the end of his "shift" so he's earning Simoleons?
    Cinebar wrote: »
    What venue type did you use, or just using residential and inviting over? or calling a club meeting at the home?

Well I downloaded the office, and they used a coffee bar as the cafeteria, so I went with that one :-) It works pretty well actually since no matter what place you work at, people will always go for coffee :-)
    This is a good idea! Now I have a bunch of thoughts racing through my head. Do you just give the Sim a money cheat at the end of his "shift" so he's earning Simoleons?

Well in this case the sim is programming, so he can keep the money he gets for making aps, freelancing and so on. and I figure I can always do a kaching to give him extra money for the day if that isn't enough. (but on its own, just the programming insures he has a wage, without making it too high. I figure that once I want him to get a promotion, I can still use kaching to increase how much money he earns.
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    This is a neat idea :)